[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I read that this game has a fuckton of endings. How much of a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: Nier_Automata.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
I read that this game has a fuckton of endings. How much of a chore is to get them? Do you need to replay the whole game for them? Any missable ones?
>>
>>379683354
>I read that this game has a fuckton of endings. How much of a chore is to get them? Do you need to replay the whole game for them? Any missable ones?

The game has an ending for every letter of the alphabet.

Only 5 of them matter (A,B,C,D,E). They come sequentially - you wont miss them.

The rest are all joke/circumstantial quick endings. They do not matter.

Anything else would be spoiling. It's not constant repeats of the same game either (aside from A and B).
>>
>>379683521
Put the game on Hard and get fucked on the prologue. There's your first ending. But basically this >>379683521
>>
>>379683354
If you have the patience to do pretty much the exact same thing twice 8 hours each, then you can get through the opening of the game.

I couldn't be bothered.
>>
>>379684846
>8 hours each
the first one, if you do sidequests, can take maybe 20 hours

the second one has entirely new sidequests and your previous completion is saved, plus you stomp all the bosses, so it ends up being maybe 4-5 hours (plus a bit if you do new sidequests) and you can just rush through everything you already know in addition to there being entirely new sequences

why you lying
>>
>>379685057
I've seen people go through route A in about 10 hours.
>>
>>379685312
yes and it can reasonably take up to 25 with full completion, I gave an upper estimate just to demonstrate even further how very wrong the person I was responding to was for bum rushing A route
>>
Does difficulty affect the endings or anything else you get?
>>
>>379685521
Nope.

Also, while endings A through E are the primary ones, ending Y is also somewhat important. It's a "secret" ending in the sense it has a little to do with stuff in the first Nier and is also quite good, however, you need to be max level and have all weapons to max level.
>>
>>379683354
There is 1 ending and 21 joke endings for dying at certain points.
>>
>>379685692
>you need to be max level
false
>>
>>379683521

Every single retard who tells new players the game has five main playthroughs/endings should be slapped. I don't know what compels there people to say this - even many reviewers do. Do they intentionally want people to be disappointed when it turns out there are only 3 playthroughs, when they should really be surprised that there's more than one in the first place?
>>
>>379685692
Ending Y is also the only one where it's possible to permanently lock yourself out of
>>
>>379685776
I thought 99 was a req? Haven't gotten around to doing it myself yet so just parroting what I've heard.
>>
>>379685879
No, just need to all weapons maxed out, I remember doing it around level 86 or so.
>>
>>379685879
it's just that the boss and the one preceding it are 99 so you'll probably get your shit pushed in if you try it at lower levels
>>
>>379683354
Here's a better way
>beat the game once
>watch everything else on youtube
>use in-game currency to unlock trophies and then said you beat the entire thing
>>
>>379685878

Even with chapter select?
>>
>>379685967
you need to beat it twice to buy achievements, I think
>>
>>379685997
Once you defeat him you can't fight him again, as it's a side quest, therefore you can't die to him.
>>
>>379686065
I meant "beat it once" as in, "get one of the true ending".
>>
File: 1484493673364.jpg (7KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1484493673364.jpg
7KB, 200x195px
>>379683354

if you mean "a fuckton of black screens with a few lines of text for most of them" then yes, you're right
>>
>>379686175
but Ending E is the true ending and you did delete your save didn't you
>>
>>379686262
I don't know. I beat it once, someone said that was only the halfway point, then I did it again and then I just bought the trophies.
>>
>>379685057
>the second one has entirely new sidequests and your previous completion is saved, plus you stomp all the bosses, so it ends up being maybe 4-5 hours (plus a bit if you do new sidequests) and you can just rush through everything you already know in addition to there being entirely new sequences

regardless of any of this it is one of the most questionable and bizarre design decisions i have EVER made and it was a poor decision. I understand for story purposes but story cannot be allowed to drive gameplay, it works the other way in video games.

I got 30 mins into 9s playthrough and uninstalled the game. Why woudl you lock UNIQUE CONTENT behind REPEAT CONTENT?
>>
>>379686447
to tell a story through gameplay elements like replaying
>>
>>379686447

How underage are you that this is an unfamiliar concept to you?

You are obviously some retarded Steam teenager who doesn't know shit about video games. Go back to playing Minecraft, boy.
>>
>>379686447
I dunno, to get you to replay the game?
>>
>>379683354
The only permanently missable one is Ending Y. LET EMIL'S COUNTDOWN TIME OUT, in the desert fight, if you finish him off then you can't get Ending Y.

As for it being a chore, not really. You unlock chapter select after the C/D route. The only one that felt painful to get was waiting out 2B's virus infection at the start of route C/D.
>>
>>379686890
great post and argument, holy shit you're literally the same awful, self-hating fuckstick from the metal gear survive thread. I can tell instantly.
>>379686941
well looks like that failed
>>
>>379687251
For you, maybe. 1.5 million+ sales and 88% on metacritic can't be wrong. Sorry you're bad at it/ don't care about story.
>>
>>379687251
because you're a 12 year old with no attention span
>>
>>379686447

Because you see things from another perspective in Route B. It's not all repeated content in Route B.

You gain a greater understanding of what happened in A by completing B and moving straight into C.
>>
>>379687392
inb4 that sperger you're replying to says some dumb shit like "WHY NOT JUST SHOW THAT CONTENT IN THE FIRST PLAYTHROUGH"
>>
>>379687306
>sales and review scores mean a game is good
The Last of Us

i didnt ever say NA was bad btw, just that the multiple playthrough decision making was terrible and bizarre and should have been done any other way. but it doesn't matter to me, i got tired of the game before the end of route A, because the combat has less variation than devil may cry 1.
>>
>>379687392
I already know what happens in route B because I read it, though. Why would I replay the same content and areas when I could just not do that?

there comes a time when you're older and its not worth it. you'll understand
>>
>>379687739

Why play the game at all if you're just going to read what happens?
>>
>>379687739
Then why not rush through the story in 2h to get to Route C?
>>
>>379687176
>Hard to get the virus one

First time out I got knocked into the waterfall pit with the saucer and died down there cause I couldn't climb ladders

Then it happened three more timed
>>
>>379687846
nah, tired of the game, the combat is boring. I already read what happens.

I dunno how they made a really quite decent game with the shallowest combat of any platinum gmae
>>
>>379688059
Let me guess

You don't know how to use heavy attacks as 9s?
>>
What's up with the garbage loot you sometimes get? Oh boy look there's a platforming challenge for a chest, I wonder what's in it?

>Impact Bracer (L)
>>
File: 1496725642236.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1496725642236.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>>379688059
>Cucking yourself out of Route C
Why would you do that, even if it had Drakengard Tier combat it would be still worth suffering through it for the Tower alone.
>>
>>379688117
9S+Spear of the Usurper is fun as hell.
>>
>>379688134
the only worthwhile loot is weapons and upgrade materials anyway
>>
>>379688117
i didn't get to the part where you're not flying as 9S

the combat is boring. dispute my allegation that the combat is less complex than devil may cry 1 from what, 2000?
>I can't
yes, that's right, you can't.
>>
>>379688315
It's not that complex, but you can do some fun stuff, provided you're willing to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeBNjaXQmLk
>>
>>379688315
Do you even use self-destruct for animation cancels?
>>
>>379688315
>Dispute the fact that the combat is not as intricate as one of the top five most intricate combat games of all time

Are the only games you play dmc 1/3/4 and godhand? Because that's what you're implying.
>>
>>379688431
>flow of combat utterly broken and destroyed for lame twinstick minigame

wow. looks fun.
>>
File: 1477026467837.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1477026467837.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>379688515
>>
>>379688497
anon I don't like those games but the combat in this game is less complex than Okami. It's less complex than any game that anyone from platinum ever touched, that is my point...I don't know about licensed shit like korra obviously i'm not talking about that

but why would a game made by a bunch of the same people as revengeance DMC etc, not have better combos like those games? the comboing and attack variety in automata are weak. admit the game's faults, don't suck its dick

in the same breath 2b has some of the best attack animations if not the best general attack animations ever made. there is good but there is also bad
>>
>>379688583
>Tower sequence

It's like this guy doesn't like playing six games at the same time
>>
>>379688613
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPwBb8ky_wE

>Implying

Maybe it'd help you out if they had button inputs for the combos like in dmc...
>>
>>379688785
bro these videos are just nothing. you don't get it. this isn't compelling to someone who isnt sucking the games dick

especially the animation canceling shit like why would i even bother to do that? clicking both sticks in the middle of comboing is fun to you?

and all this shit still looks pathetic compared to dmc videos

for the type of game it is, the combos are weak. I dunno what you're trying to force. The combos are weak. Games like DMC have literally 10 times as many combos or more. OKAMI had better combos.
>>
>>379687251

I haven't posted in a Metal Gear thread for ages. Maybe you should consider that when you act like a little stupid underage faggot, people will talk shit to you?
>>
>>379688914
>clicking both sticks
You can rebind that, you know.
>>
>>379683354
Don't bother, you should play up to Ending A and just youtube'd the rest of the ending, it really isn't worth the effort
>>
>>379688914
>for the type of game it is, the combos are weak
Because it's not trying to be that type of game? It literally has dumbed down combat compared to classic action games like DMC, sure. Thing is, it was never the game's intention, bro. It's a sequel to a game with with absolutely shitty combat, so they got Platinum to do a simple but flashy combat system, bro.
>>
>>379683354
Don't worry. It's so boring you won't even get to first ending.
>>
>>379688914
>Okami had better combat

While I liked okami, no.

And you're missing the point here. Nier isn't supposed to be the real DMC 5. It's not supposed to play like Mgrr 2. It's not a platinum game. It's a Yoko taro game.

Sorry you bought into the hype and bought the fifth game in a series you know nothing about.
>>
>>379683354
Save your money. This game is overrated garbage.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.