[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the shooting gameplay in Uncharted 4 compared to this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: based.jpg (278KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
278KB, 640x400px
How is the shooting gameplay in Uncharted 4 compared to this?
I adore max payne 3, my favorite game ever, would be awesome if Uncharted 4 has it's gameplay
>>
Floaty. Gunplay and animations don't have the same weight.
>>
>>379682116
Max Payne 3 was good, but favorite game ever? kek
>>
>>379682202
That can still be good/better even, max payne 3 did go for fluidity

It's too bad keyboard controls ruin the movement/animations so much on PC
>>
>>379682324
They didn't really ruin the animations, they just made them seem slightly less realistic. The only instance of PC controls "ruining" the animations is when you spin around very fast with the mouse while prone. The animation can get a little buggy.
>>
>>379682116
Play the first one instead, cockstar really screwed the pooch with movement and controls in MP3.
>>
>>379682261
Max is great, his entire character/dialog, music is great
Gunplay is perfection, levels are good and the story is strung along nicely with amazing production values and ends Max's story very well

But it's my favorite because it's the only TPS that I played with fluid movement and non bullet sponge enemies
Last of us is kinda like that but a completely different kind of game
>>
>>379682482
This fucking nigger, I swear. If there is ONE thing they nailed in MP3 it's movement and controls. The game has its flaws (mainly the cutscenes and bad pacing) but holy shit you chose the thing the game does perfectly to criticize. You've never actually played it, have you?
>>
>>379682472
My biggest issue is how those bugs ruin the gameplay sometimes
On PC aiming down sights, for example, is a nightmare, because the game stops reading the keyboard input for a second sometimes
Literally the same happens in GTA 5 on PC

I still play the game on a keyboard/mouse, but it does have issues for sure

>>379682482
Played all of them, mp3 is still my fave overall tho
>>
>>379682701
> because the game stops reading the keyboard input for a second sometimes

Oh shit you're right, I remember this happening sometimes, albeit rarely. Leaving cover was also a little wonky sometimes as Max would go in the exact opposite direction to the one I want him to go. I didn't encounter these issues very often at all though.
>>
>>379682116
They share a freedom of movement gimmick but Uncharted has much less sense of weight and incorporates melee combat seamlessly.
Can't hold a candle to the best TPS ever made, but it's fun on its own.
>>
>>379682116
I know what you're looking for and Uncharted 4 kinda lacks. Play it on a harder difficulty and maybe that'll help make it a little more challenging. It can be fun, but never as fun as Max Payne 3 where you repeat missions because you actually like them.
>>
>>379682937
How so? What does it lack compared to mp3?
>>
>>379683009
Max payne gives the player full agency and control, uncharted 4 feels clunky and has canned animations for everything, it's unbearable if you ask me.
>>
great and all but wheres replayability?
>>
>>379683534
In max payne 3?
>>
>>379683663

yes haha wtf
>>
File: bumrushed.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
bumrushed.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>379682116
It is different but just as fun IMO
UC4 is more arcadey. It's like a blend of Gears of War and MP3. On the harder difficulties you have to kill enemies so fast that it is usually not safe to try to specifically go for headshots (and a lot of enemies start to wear armor that deflects the first headshot anyway) so you just shoot for center of mass, get a couple quick kills and run. You have regenerating health, but to compensate for this you are always tremendously outnumbered and the enemies are very relentless in swamping you and flushing you out. They are always chasing you around the map like a rat. There is a constant ebb and flow of you being suppressed, regenerating your HP while blindfiring or changing locations, and pushing back hard until you are suppressed again but have given yourself some breathing room.

>>379682937
I repeated the fights many many times in both UC4 and in MP3
>>
>>379683774
Replayability is in the fantastic gameplay of course
The many challenges/arcade modes also help

>>379683823
Sounds great, max payne 3 is definitely a different kind of beast
Last two things, does Uncharted 4 have any arcade singleplayer modes for the campaing?

And also know there's a survival mode, how's that?
>>
>>379683995

alright. Are there some mob wave modes or something akin to multiplayer but with bots? At least random enemy placements? I hate knowing where something spawns
>>
>>379684435
No, max payne 3 enemy spawns are always the same and no to your other question as well
>>
File: mp3.jpg (376KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mp3.jpg
376KB, 1920x1080px
>>379682505
Hey, someone I totally agree with on MP3!
I wouldn't say Max Payne 3 is my favorite game, but I think it's most definitely extremely underrated.

I really do think Max Payne 3 excels at doing its own unique thing, from it's very industrial music that helps give weight to every scene, to the world building of Sao Paulo and its very Elite Squad-inspired UFE, to simply how it gets across how much of a foreigner Max is in Brazil by having pages of intentionally untranslated dialogue and having Max stuck in situations where he simply doesn't fit in, like the thumping dance floor of a nightclub, or the streets of a Favela where nobody speaks his language, to yes, the visual style that progressively changes depending on the amount of painkillers Max takes throughout a scene.

But to answer your question, no; UC4 is interesting to play but that's almost entirely for the characters and story, the gameplay is weak. Perhaps it's simply because games have improved a lot since Uncharted 3, but I found UC4's combat to be weak even in comparison to it's predecessor. In UC4 it feels more like a "Oh we have to do this again, right." rather than a "Yeah, a gunfight!"
>>
>>379684557

Unfortunate, since its your favorite game of all time how many hours have you sunk into sp and modes alone (excluding mp)
>>
>>379684567
That's a shame about UC4, but I really doubt that the combat is worse than in the prior uncharted games

Just from watching the gameplay I could see Uncharted 4 has actual level design, enemies flanking you, the hook making things more interesting and so on
Give it another shot maybe, who knows

About MP3, yea it's pretty great for example when max screams I DON'T SPEAK YOUR FUCKING LANGUAGE because that's how the player feels as well, you don't understand a thing either

I played the game a ton and I still don't understand what half the scenes are meant to convey. What the fuck does the blue midget say to your boss? Always pissed me off
>>
>>379684839
Throwing RNG into a game for no reason doesn't make it better imo
Max payne 3 is fun to replay because you become the master of these levels in a sense, but the game is still very hard
I think I have around 600-ish hours in the game, and I know I played the multiplayer for only maybe 5, didn't like it

I also hold one or two world records for the speedrun leaderboard thing and by that I mean, excluding the obviously hacked ones
>>
File: single player.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
single player.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>379683995
>does Uncharted 4 have any arcade singleplayer modes for the campaign?
unfortunately no. There are just bonus modifiers like mirrored-map mode and cheats like slo mo / bullet time in the single player story mode.

>And also know there's a survival mode, how's that?
it's fun but it can get incredibly difficult playing solo or with randoms, especially when you start turning up the difficulty for more points. There are like 50 waves per stage and you have to fight boss-enemies every 10 waves. It's very rewarding when you have a good team and manage to beat the odds though.
Also it is 60fps

>>379684435
>Are there some mob wave modes or something akin to multiplayer but with bots?
Just survival mode. Nothing with AI teammates or anything like the regular versus multiplayer. Enemies in survival always just spawn out of sight of all players and some distance away.
>>
>>379685184

Yeah ok opinions and all that but 500 hours speak for themselves. One last question, target lock on. Ive read about hard lock but i need to be sure, is it in?
>>
>>379682505
dead space 1-2 is a very fluid tps as well and enemies arent that bullet spongy too.
>>
>>379685420
> Enemies in survival always just spawn out of sight of all players and some distance away

Now we are talking
>>
>>379685184
>Max payne 3 is fun to replay because you become the master of these levels in a sense, but the game is still very hard

Eh. I play exclusively on the hardest difficulty now and it's kind of a cake walk. It's only hard on the first playthrough really, but it's still fun as hell and one of my favorite shooters of all time.

This is coming from a PC player though, I imagine this game being far more challenging with a controller.
>>
>>379682505
I don't know what you're talking about. Max felt really sluggish compared to the previous games. Even the run button gives you a light jog at most.
>>
>>379685524
Played on PC, so I'm not sure

>>379685420
>Also it's 60fps
Survival 60 fps? On normal PS4 or just the PRO?
Thx for the info anon

>>379685697
Funny, I did love both of them as well they're fantastic games
I don't know, I guess I never thought about it but my brain likes third person games for some reason
Too bad most of them suck

>>379685834
Well it does make sense that the game gets easier the more you play it
I still die from time to time because you can die in a flash
>>
>>379686047
Not him but having played MP1 + 2 next to MP3 recently I see what he means
Sure Max is slower overall when talking about running speed, but his actual movement feels fluid and smooth

What I mean by that is like, his body rotates exactly how you need it to, even in slow motion.
It's pinpoint, and it's precise.
Same with doing shootdodges, Max can do one whenever you need him to, however you need him to, and when he lands, he's still able to fire off shots.
That's not even MP1 can attest to, really. The 'After' shootdodge never felt good because you were kind of stuck, and couldn't rotate around the way you can in MP3.
>>
>>379685524
hard lock-on aim is an option in the options menu that you can use in single player if you want. It's not available in versus multiplayer, but you are allowed to use it on survival mode as long as the difficulty is on moderate (normal) or below.

There is also aim assist, which makes your crosshair gravitate towards the enemy when you first raise your gun at them or swing your crosshair over them. You can adjust the aim assist intensity on a slider from 0-10 in the options. It is available in all game modes but it's not always good. If you are actually good at aiming it can get in the way and fuck up your headshots, but if you play with very high sensitivity it can be a lifesaver

>>379686257
>60fps? On normal PS4 or just the PRO?
both, but the resolution is changed from 1080p (in single player) to 900p on normal PS4, and from 1440p to 1080p on the pro
>>
>>379685697
If Dead Space is fluid then so is Resident Evil 4. It has tank controls
>>
>>379686534
Wait you're saying the Uncharted 4 singleplayer is 60 fps? Isn't it 30?
>>
>>379686629
no, single player is locked at 30 FPS and is higher resolution
multiplayer is unlocked (variable) at up to 60 FPS and is lower resolution
>>
File: ITS_PAYNE.jpg (96KB, 279x489px) Image search: [Google]
ITS_PAYNE.jpg
96KB, 279x489px
2 > 1 >3
>>
>>379686627
dead space has pretty good controls man, 1 maybe a bit clunky maybe but it improved a lot and became a pretty good tps in 2.
>>
>>379686943
agreed, but the gap between each of them is very small
>>
>>379686943
1 > 3 > 2
>>
>>379687538
Nigger, I will end you.
>>
>>379687786
Why, because 2 is last? It's the worst one.

3>1>2 is the correct order though.
>>
>>379689497
God, you're even worse.
>>
>>379689573
I'm also correct.

Sorry m8.
>>
It's 2>3>1
>>
>>379689573
What's so good about 2?
The dumb story, the identical gameplay?
That stupid fucking doll part?
The going back to the same levels part?
>>
>>379690123
2 is just fucking bland and is the only one without a sense of humor.

Yes there's dumb background shit but overall it's just a god damn drag compared to the other two games.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.