[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Nintendo think this was a good idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: nintendo-switch-voice-chat.png (90KB, 800x427px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-switch-voice-chat.png
90KB, 800x427px
Also, what do you think about them putting lobby/voice chat behind a paywall?
>>
>>379680729
As opposed to what, BIG, CLUNKY, headsets?

It's fine, they're providing a service worth paying for. Much better than XBL and the PSN.
>>
>>379680729
>putting lobby/voice chat behind a paywall
If it deters underages then great
>>
>Anyone giving a shit about voice chat
/v/ proves once again that they don't actually play video games.
>>
File: 084.png (1B, 486x500px)
084.png
1B, 486x500px
>>379680859
>BIG, CLUNKY, headsets
nintenkiddies will say anything to save face.
>>
>>379680859
>As opposed to what, BIG, CLUNKY, headsets?
No, you'll still be using the big clunky headsets. They just needed a solution to the problem of listening to both game and chat audio at the same time if you're using headphones, a problem caused by them not giving the Switch built-in voice chat capability and putting it on a phone app instead.
>>
>>379680859
you will wear that big headset regardless, what a fucking retard
>>
>using switch in docked mode
>have game audio out through speakers and have phone in my lap connected to the headphones on my head while I chat to my pals while we play Splatoon 2

>portable mode
>place phone on lap and switch in hand while they're connected to the splitter and have headphones connected to the other end of the splitter
Why is this so complicated for people. The splitter is really only for portable mode. If you need to use headphones for your game audio in docked mode then you need to get some better roommates or tell your wife to stop bitching.
>>
Nintendo's once again come up with an inelegant solution to a problem that never should have existed in the first place
>>
>>379684397
>using voice chat with speakers
might as well not use it since everyone will mute you
>>
File: 1471502181003.jpg (46KB, 667x556px) Image search: [Google]
1471502181003.jpg
46KB, 667x556px
>>379684397
enjoy your clear game audio from tv when you wear a headset
>>
>>379680729

How come on vita, could just go to party chat, and wear simple ear buds, and voice chat would work just perfectly in game.
>>
>>379685629
just look at nintendo site, it says there they are still living in 1967
>>
>>379685629
Because Nintendo is the only company that's still so backwards, the Switch is more goddamn clnky than the 360 for online usability, they are over a decade behind at this point.
>>
>>379685438
>>379685465
>having nigger tier loud shitty speakers
>not adjusting the sensitivity on your VOIP of choice so it only activates when you're actually speaking
Hmmm... Really made me think.
>>
>>379685774
oh, so now i have to buy a $10000 tv to enjoy voice chat on switch, good to know
>>
>>379685873
>not having your speakers cranked up to house quaking, hoodrat tier volume means you have to buy an expensive TV
It's called changing the volume on your speakers man.
>>
>>379684397
>using speakers with voice chat?
Are you an actual mentally disabled person anon?
>>
>nintenbros excusing bad design
what a shocker
>>
>>379680729
To nickel and dime you by reselling you a feature.
>>
>>379680859
This has to be bait
>>
is it actually shaped like an arrow? lmao
>>
>>379685774
even if you adjust it your speaker is audible while you speak
>>
File: voice chat.jpg (2MB, 3000x6000px) Image search: [Google]
voice chat.jpg
2MB, 3000x6000px
>>379680729
Because of their contract with DeNA.

All future Nintendo devices will also use the same solution too, probably. Nintendo wants to put as much as they possibly can on mobile. That's why there's no Miiverse on Switch either, they want you posting on social media or their other app instead.

Get used to the FUTURE, babyyy~
>>
>>379680729
Just look at this mess. Somehow Nintendo as a company thinks this is fine and dandy. They'll talk about it like it's some special gift to consumers, praise it, and think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Nobody at the company ever told them how fucking stupid this shit is.

This is the dumbest fucking timeline. Bizarro would be pissed at this shit.
>>
>>379686323
Hopefully the future consists of Nintendo dead in a ditch.
>>
>>379686323
why won't nintendo allow you to chat with strangers in-game?
>>
File: its ok.jpg (113KB, 685x600px) Image search: [Google]
its ok.jpg
113KB, 685x600px
>>379686735
You may be RAPED kiddo! We'll protect you boy, don't worry father Nintendo is here for you. After all we're STILL using friendcodes on the Switch.

Oh now pay us to play online, because our service is tooootally up to par. H-hey it's only $20 man, just ignore the fact that oru service is way worse than PS3/Vita's and those were free. HEY! We even throw in a Netflix of NES games for free! instead of making a NES/SNES/N64/GC VirtualConsiole liek everyone is asking, shhhhhh
>>
>>379686323
I told everyone this is how it worked, everyone couldn't believe it.
>>
>>379681318
>>379681704
>>379683576

stop replying to bait you fucking retards, how fucking dense are you
>>
>>379686735
because they make game for Japanese but are too stupid to enable regional play, which means that every game of Splatoon 2 would be full of "NANDA KORE? YABAI YABAI SUGEEEEE~"
>>
>>379687443
nintendo tier dense
>>
>>379680729
Sure is weird. Probably just gonna stuck to discord, who the fuck knows what the lobby thing is all about though.
>>
How do you fags manage to defend a thing that is clearly not good in any way, shape or form
>>
>this is what your paid subscription is going to
kek nintenboys
>>
>>379687558
its not like anyone wanted a voice chat, only pedos use it anyway, kys
>>
>>379687558
nintentoddlers have been defending region locking for years
they're also defending paid online now
anything nintendo does is good
>>
>>379687558
I don't defend it.
>>
Nintendo keeps doing shitty ideas because dumb consumers keep giving them money. i dont blame them, I blame the consumers
>>
>>379687663

Let's not forget how they hated cinematic experiences, but they'll gladly lap up games like Metroid: Other M.
>>
File: 1084359365070.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1084359365070.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
can we all agree that nintendo has the most retarded fanbase? they will eat nintendo shit no matter how liquid it is. sometimes i feel bad for them
>>
>>379684397
>what do you mean, "feedback"?
>>
>>379688382
I'm conflicted. PC fanbases are just as bad, after all the LoLvsDota2 or AMDvsNvidia or SteamFriends/trades threads, F2P+microtransactions like Hearthstone, EarlyAccess cancer (and many many more) comes from them.

But yes, there's something EXTRA "special" about Nintendo fanboys
>>
>>379689129
those are all different internal sub groups, not everyone sucks gabes cock, pc players have choice as to what they like and what not. some people like f2p/early access and some not. nintards on the other hand defend every shit nintendo drops in the toilet, every single one of them
>>
>>379689432
>not all scotsmen
>except when it's nintendo
epic
>>
File: WHERE DA VIDYA GAMES THO.gif (508KB, 162x152px) Image search: [Google]
WHERE DA VIDYA GAMES THO.gif
508KB, 162x152px
>>379689432
>those are all different internal sub groups
That's meaningless. Everyone belongs to a subgroup. Not all Nintendo fanboys like Smash and go to a tournament only to disrupt it with their smell and shouting down other games.

Not every Sony fanboy likes Sony's western 1st parties (like NaughtyDog, Guerrilla and Quantic Dream) where the vast majority of criticism from other fanbases comes from. You know the usual >cinematic 6 hours long experience

Everything belongs to a subgroup, that's the nature of it. PC is riddled with some of the absolute worst out there
>>
>>379689694
you liking mario over dota doesnt make you any better, people like different things but try to put something as retarded as this voice chat that switch have on pc, no one would defend it, theres a steam ontroller, where is it now? theres vr on ps4? how many people defend it? and theres this retarded phone chat and guess what, every ninbaby defends it like its some miracle design, they are that retarded
>>
File: Dreams.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dreams.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>379689942
>theres vr on ps4? how many people defend it?
Well, to be fair it did outsell the other two combined by a lot and got/is getting the most games, especailly from AAA devs.

I'd agree that VR "failed" overall, even though I think these first results were expected, but out of the three PSVR is doing the best both sales wise and non-indie software wise.
>>
>>379689942
well both steam machines/controller and ps4 vr is progress, failed but still progress, this voice chat is a step backwards
>>
>>379689694
nintendo doesnt have conflicting sub groups, theres no competition to smash or mario kart, they cant have fights like dota vs lol, amd vs nvidia. we have such things but its still better than having no games, stay mad
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.