[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I play Brutal Doom? I've never played a Doom game before.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: brutal doom.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
brutal doom.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
How do I play Brutal Doom? I've never played a Doom game before.
>>
>>379673921
>I've never played a Doom game before.
Don't play BD then, because it changes the game around too much. If you want an enhanced experience try Smooth Doom.
>>
>>379673984
This, Brutal Doom is for later after you know what Vanilla is like.
>>
>>379673984
>recommending anything but Chocolate or zdoom

I bet you run Quake with smoothing on don't you?
>>
>>379674394
Does zdoom also have texture filtering on by default or is that just gzdoom?
>>
>>379674587
iirc it's off by default, it's software rendering
>>
play Doom first you stupid millennial cucksuck. you can't play a game with mods until you've beaten it with no mods first.
>>
>>379675292
>hurr durr you will play MY way
I bet you go to mc donalds to scream at people pouring ketchup over their fries too
>>
>>379675472
>my way
it's not his way it's THE way
don't be gay
>>
>>379675594
>projecting this hard
>>
File: 1479299376499.jpg (38KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
1479299376499.jpg
38KB, 634x634px
Just get Smooth Doom.
>>
>still no microwave port of DOOM

I'm convinced the hardware can run it
>>
>>379673921
Brutal Doom is for repeat playthroughs, because as people say, it changes too much.
Use GZDoom, but turn off sprite and texture filtering. Makes the game look blurrier than it's supposed to.
If you want enhancements, you should use Smooth Doom for the most accurate improvement.
You could also use this for higher quality sounds:
http://www.perkristian.net/game_doom-sfx.shtml
If you're going to load mods, use this mod loader to make it as easy as possible:
https://zdoom.org/wiki/ZDL
Otherwise you're going to have to use Drag and Drop, which won't be good for load orders, or do command lines through CMD or shortcuts.
I can't, and won't stop you from playing Brutal Doom first if you decide to, but I will heavily recommend you play without it at first. Brutal Doom is a different taste from Vanilla, and not just because it's gore, but also because of the balance changes.
But if you must, then the newest version of GZDoom will break with Brutal Doom unless you use "BRUTAL DOOM v20b R ( "GZDoom 3.0.0" Ver )", because Sgt Mark IV fucked up and put in "0.l" instead of "0.1" multiple times in his code.
>>
Don't start with Brutal Doom.
>>
File: hurts me eyes.jpg (26KB, 294x196px) Image search: [Google]
hurts me eyes.jpg
26KB, 294x196px
>>379675472
>food analogy
>>
File: Just rlly makes u think.jpg (18KB, 477x480px) Image search: [Google]
Just rlly makes u think.jpg
18KB, 477x480px
Btw,does anyone know any good mappacks for Project Brutality?
Already played maps of chaos and Mark's campaign was kinda iffy for me
>>
>>379673921
Start by downloading this, extract and play, dont listen to the faggots, doom is meant for having fun

http://torrentproject.se/f79788ba0b154beefa31a7b8951ab530c3d2afd9/Brutal-Doom-20-Version-High-quality-%2BProject-Brutality-5-09-15-torrent.html
>>
>mfw i use the steam version flawlessly

just use zandronum, change the exe name to dosbox and make sure the wads in the correct folders (sometimes you need to change the .wad to a .apk)
>>
>>379678995
>apk
i meant pk3
>>
>>379678995
>>379679181
wads go in the skin folder

dont know if its the best/easiest way but its how i play BD on tUD and the other dooms with extra mods
>>
>>379678995
Just so you know, Zandronum is outdated compared to GZDoom's newest advancements, and won't work with other mods that make use of these new advancements, including a whole new programming/scripting language for mods.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.