[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of Max Payne 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2168.jpg (44KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2168.jpg
44KB, 512x288px
>>
inb4 good game just not a good max payne game
>>
File: chinman.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
chinman.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>379664109
had good gunplay, people meh the cover system but I thought it worked good for what the game was about.

>shooting mofos in the head
>>not getting shot in the head
>>
It's an ok game for a single run.
The story is set apart nicely from the other two because it couldn't live up to expectations - yet, it doesn't live up to ANYONE'S EXPECTATIONS BECAUSE IT'S BATSHIT STUPID

The gameplay is fun but mindnumbing.
>>
>>379664847
It was a good game and good max Payne game. It was pretty easy compared to others but still good.

Now if only rockstar would make another warriors game with online
>>
>>379664109
Best loading screen I've ever played
>>
one of my favorite games ive replayed it probably 5 times. you either love it or hate it thats what ive seen.
>>
>>379664109
It's the Marmite of Max Payne.
Usually it's distinct between people who enjoy Max Payne games for their gameplay, and people who enjoy them for their story telling and atmosphere, people who like to shoot things in slow motion might prefer MP1 & 2, but people who like the attention to detail and gritty feel seem to enjoy the game a lot more.
>>
At first I really hated it but almost everything in the game aside from all the unskippable cutscenes and the dumb pop-up words grew on me over time, now I think the game is amazing.

visuals are spectacular, game is full of TECHNOLOGY, gameplay is challenging but feels awesome, and the music by Health is one of the best soundtracks of the previous generation.
Even the story grew on me, Max Payne 1 was a tragic noir type thing, Max Payne 3 is more a testosterone pumping 90's action flick type feel, it really makes you feel like a fucking man.
>>
It's my favorite of the series
I grew up on 1 & 2 but this one just really stuck a chord with me

I love the score
I love the blown-out sun burned post-apocalyptic visuals
I love that they finally used James McCaffrey's face for Max
I love the online deathmatches
(seriously, Rockstar port this to fucking current gen and I will pay full price again just to have a full server of players to fight with)

yeah the story and a e s t h e t i c is just Man On Fire
but we get to see Max at his lowest, angriest and most unhinged
>>
GOD DAMMIT
>>
>Max gets grass stains on his pants
>these aren't just as simple as 'roll in grass, pants get a pre-made grass stain texture,' the staining is actually random and real time
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.