[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seventh Generation: The Absolute Destruction of Video Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1491015284605.jpg (186KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1491015284605.jpg
186KB, 714x1000px
I remember playing video games and enjoying everything about them. All the cool RPGs ,Shooters, Puzzles and Action Games filled with all sort of stuff like fantasy, creativity, and imagination. The possibilities of what a game could be were endless. There were no restrictions, no limitations, and everyone was seeking innovation.

So tell me... why is that the world I love so much has gone to shit? We- I live in a literally post apocalyptic gaming world where every single thing I love about gaming has been removed from existence. There's nothing but control in the from of political correctness, polygons are now given Rights as if they are real human beings. Women have taken over the entire industry to the point that they alone scare developers from scaring their original art direction to the world. Companies are now run by beings who have no idea what gaming is and how/why it works. Xbox, a gaming console, held a fucking console reveal and complete forgot that the Xbox is a fucking gaming console - SPORTS SPORT TV TV SPORTS DOG!

And when/where did this all start? Seventh Generation.

Why is it that I don't even remember anyone fighting back against this takeover? Why is it that people seem to believe such a thing never happened? Why am I the only person in this world with their eyes open!?!?!? There are people who believe that I'm the one insane and nothing happened, and that gaming has been this way for years.

Video games have taken a huge step backwards. No one innovate, they just focus on making things look pretty and for some reason you're all satisfied with that - Amazing Graphics! Amazing Hollywood Story! And zero gameplay. There are so many older games that are more advanced than today's games it's fucking pathetic.

My only question: Why. Why didn't you fight back? I've been voting with my wallet since the change begin while you're all just accepting it.

I wish this was a dream rather than a reality...
>>
>>379662609

I hope this is bait copy pasta because you sound like a huge autist faggot
>>
>>379662609
ignored the post
dope picture though
>>
>>379663562
Reminds me a bit of Zdzislaw. Not sure if I spelled that correctly but you should definitely check out his work if you haven't already.
>>
There are good games with focus on gameplay being made, like prey, but they just don't sell.

This is a generation of kids who rather watch games being played instead of playing them, their attention spam was severly reduced.

This is like intelligence entropy.
>>
you're living in a echo chamber fantasy world you fucking rube. videogames are about at early 2000's levels of quality at the moment.

this sounds like some normie facebook tier rant and you should be embarrassed.
>>
>>379662609
Is that picture from the alternate reality with religious science SCP?
That was the best story.
>>
>>379663562
It's based on an SCP about crazy spinning plate-like objects that show up one day, like >>379664651 says.
>>
Videogames haven't changed, you have, you are old and jaded and your brain has been infected by the SJW warfare that pollutes places like this, twitter and the internet in general and doesn't allow you to see games as just games, now whenever you see a nigger in a videogame your brain instantly goes to politics.

In the end it's all irrelevant, all that matters is if a game is good or not, politics and whatever went on outside of the game is irrelevant.

tl;dr: you're autistic

As for innovation, the only reason you saw more innovation in the past was because videogames were younger and everything that was made could be new, where as now pretty much everything has been done before, so it takes longer for new things to come up. Demon's souls's multiplayer system was innovative for it's time in 2009 for example.

VR is a thing, even if it's still in it's early stages.
>>
>>379664939
sounds cool af. Link?
>>
>>379666428
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-093
enjoy
>>
>>379666589
sweet, thanks famalam
>>
File: 4df.jpg (28KB, 549x442px) Image search: [Google]
4df.jpg
28KB, 549x442px
>>379662609
tl;dr version: "I grew up."
>>
>>379664939
oh shit, red sea object? that one is fucking great, the time and effort that went into the explorations were awesome. that makes me like the pic so much more
>>
>>379662609
35 year old guy here
played video games since 1986 when i was 4

video games are now far better than ever and you've grown up and become jaded. sorry kiddo. what's especially funny, is the treasured games from your youth probably aren't outstanding things like squaresoft snes rpgs or late 90s computer games for me...it's pokemon and shit for you.
>>
>>379662609
buy a Nintendo console, you still have something here and there to have fun with. The new Zelda is good as most "old" classics.
>>
File: 1492484633969.jpg (37KB, 256x235px) Image search: [Google]
1492484633969.jpg
37KB, 256x235px
Plenty of excellent games are released every single year. To think otherwise simply demonstrates your lack of knowledge or incredibly shallow taste. To say 'all videogames suck now' because of what's on the front page of ign is like saying 'all music sucks now' because of the top 40 pop radio station.

Here's an incomplete list of some of the worthwhile games that came out last year alone. Forget the last 5 years, this is just 2016. This year is shaping up to be pretty incredible too.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC
Darkest Dungeon
The Witness
XCOM 2
Superhot
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Enter the Gungeon
Dark Souls III
Stephen's Sausage Roll
Stellaris
Doom
Total War: Warhammer
Brigador
VA-11 HALL-A
Inside
Hyper Light Drifter
Rabi Ribi
Stardew Valley
Furi (My personal GOTY)
Obduction
Thumper
Owlboy
House of the Dying Sun
Let It Die
Space Hulk: Deathwing

Note that you don't have to like all of these games. You might even hate some of these games. But here are some of the worthwhile things from last year. If you still think all modern games suck then you're just flat out wrong. You're a bitter, cynical, jaded old hobgoblin, blinded by the nostalgia of a time when your own personal life sucked a bit less. Games don't suck now, you do.
>>
File: 1493776009205.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1493776009205.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>379667952
>video games are now far better than ever

AHAHAHAHA

Cheap bait.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.