[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the bigger franchise, Pokemon, Mario or Zelda?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

What is the bigger franchise, Pokemon, Mario or Zelda?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Mario > Pokémon >>>>>>>>> Zelda
>>
Mario was given the rights to be the 2020 olympics mascot
for free.
You can not get bigger than that, even Mickey Mouse didn't achieve that
>>
WAHOOOO
>>
Mario > Pokemon > Zelda

Sales wise
>>
>>379649114
Thats just because Mario has way more games and came out 15 years before Pokemon. On average, Pokemon sells more and is bigger.
>>
>>379648859
Italy>Kanto>Hyrule
>>
>>379649114

if we're strictly talking games pokemon consistently outsells anything else nintendo puts out

but mario is bigger as a franchise because of merchandise and the mario brand being spread wide across so many genres
>>
>>379649596
I'm sure Pokémon could be bigger than Mario merchandise-wise too if The Pokémon Company wasn't so overprotective of the brand.
>>
>>379649585
you mean Brooklyn
>>
>>379648859
mario with pokemon very, very, very closely behind it
zelda is a joke in comparison
>>
>>379648859
Mario>Pokemon>>>Zelda
Maro is the mascot of the 2020 Olympics, while Pokemon is the Mascot of the National Jap soccer team and has even been used as an official currency in some shithole Asian country before.
Pokemon, however, hasn't been around nearly as long as Mario, and Zelda just has nothing when compared to the other two of we're talking global influence.
>>
>>379648859

Mario and Pokemon are multimedia machines and the Mario and Pikachu are the faces of their respective platforms.

Zelda is just a game that comes out every once in a while.
>>
>>379648859
Fire Emblem is bigger than Zelda at this point.
Mario > Pokémon > Fire Emblem >>>>>>> Zelda
>>
>>379652343
>FE bigger than Zelda
You wish. Though I would like to see Zelda Heroes so I can get more Paya and Saria art.
>>
File: super-mario-odyssey-10-13-17-2.jpg (417KB, 1489x2000px) Image search: [Google]
super-mario-odyssey-10-13-17-2.jpg
417KB, 1489x2000px
>>379648859
Mario is literally the face of gaming. No one even comes close to him.
>>
>>379652825
literally this
>>
>>379653050
Precisely this.
>>
How is this even a question?

It's Mario.
>>
>>379653312
almost exactly what this guy said
>>
>>379652343
>Fire Emblem is bigger than Zelda at this point

No, BOTW outsold FE:A despite FE:A being the best selling Fire Emblem ever and BOTW not even being on the top 10 best selling Zeldas.

Fire Emblem is still one of the most important Nintendo franchises now, specially considering that Metroid, StarFox and F-Zero are dead.
>>
File: giphy-3.gif (3MB, 414x382px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-3.gif
3MB, 414x382px
>>379653693
>He doesn't think we're getting a new Metroid announcement at E3
>>
>>379648859
In 2017
Pokemon=mario>zelda
>>
>>379648859
Bing Bang Wahoo
>>
By fans Pokemon. By games Mario.
>>
>>379648859
Quality and reputation wise: Zelda

Sales: Mario

Autism wise: Pokémon
>>
Well if were talking about right now

Highest selling 3ds games

Pokemon x and y
Pokemon sun and moon
Mario kart
Pokemon omega ruby and sapphire

Mobile wise
Pokemon go 750 million download

Mario 150 million download

Easy answer is Pokemon
>>
>>379649114
Mario has a 15 year headstart and a shitton of bundles. Pokemon wins.
>>
File: 1455171626486.png (309KB, 400x457px) Image search: [Google]
1455171626486.png
309KB, 400x457px
>>379648859
Zelda moves Consoles
Mario is accessible to everyone and adapts to almost all genres
and Pokemon is a phenomenon.

They are the pillars of Nintendo for a reason
>>
>>379656853
Also mainline Pokemon releases every 3 out 4 years it canbalizes the sales. 3d mario, Mario kart, Smash each gen once.

You release 1 Pokemon game each generation for console it would sell unbelievable number
>>
>>379652343
You did it, I got hooked
>>
>>379655827
3D mario also has a really high reputation as well. Along with Mario Kart
>>
Mario > Pokemon >>> Zelda in terms of sales

On the other hand Pokemon has a lot more mass market appeal than Mario due to it being a huge multimedia franchise and not just a video game series so overall it's more popular.

Zelda is popular because the fans are so vocal and because the games are held in high regard, but it doesn't hit the sales of the above games, though Mario has had far more so that might not be entirely fair.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.