[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Gamergate still a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Unknown.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Is Gamergate still a thing?
>>
>>379646489
>>>/r/kotakuinaction
>>
>>379646489
Fuck off
>>
No, but shitlibs like to pretend it is.
It's like the holocaust but for journalists.
>>
>>379646489
gamergate at its original intent (i.e. Journalistic Integrity)?
no, that died out years ago.

but people still like to mention gamergate but they just define them as "white male bullies who hate women".
>>
>>379646489
No, because most people realized it was just an alt right propaganda campaign to force their politics into vidya.
>>379646842
>years ago
More like 10 seconds into the founding of gamergate.
>>
>>379646915
GG drove previously apolitical people to /pol/ but you've got the causality all fucked up.
I guess you could be baiting.
>>
Gamergate died four months after it began, when the e-celebrities latched on and wasted more time on muh PR and proving how liberal they are rather than actually accomplishing anything.
>>
Gamergate will probably be in history books as the grass-roots movement that literally led to the election of Donald Trump to the most powerful office in the world.
>>
>>379647484
More like a trial run for the growth of the modern far right.
It died because "lol, games journalism" but turned previously uninterested or centrist types toward the right. GGfags became the anime nazi wing of the """alt-right""".
>>
>>379647318
speaking of celebrities, remember when adam baldwin kept defending gamergate but only because he thought it was truly about journalism?

gamergate really did had something good but since 4chan is full of autistic faggots who like to meme a lot, they ruined everything and just turned gamergate into a boogyman.

so you had a group of people actually fighting for gaming journalism while the vast majority of the people were using gamergate as hate speech "for the lulz".
>>
>>379648018
hate speech isn't a real thing
>>
>>379648090
trying too hard there /pol/
>>
>>379648194
No, I'm serious.
Define hate speech in a way that's both logically consistent and consistent with the way it's prosecuted.
>>
the only gate it was was a gateway for lonely virgins to act like victims of something larger and go full /pol/
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.