[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you playing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: bdo.jpg (9KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
bdo.jpg
9KB, 310x163px
>not subscription based
> pay 2 progress, not win
>purely rng based game
> exactly like ragnarok online
>>
>>379640618
It's pay to progress, but not pay to win? What?
>>
You can't win if you don't progress tho
>>
>>379640618
>purely rng based game
Horrible design
>No Pve
>PvP is all equipment based
>you literally needs to leave the game running 24/7 just to be able to even be remotely competitive in PvP

Get out of there with your shitty MMO
>>
>not subscription based
Dead in months or anal donate
> pay 2 progress
same anal shit
>purely rng based game
>purely
Risk management is good, pure rng is bad.
>>
I played it, it was ok, but once i got to lvl 56 and awakened the game got incredibly hard and i didn't have enough money to gear my character well enough to do the content around that level, i also got frustrated because i couldn't buy those fancy "subscription" packages from the market(don't remember what they're called, but they last 30 days and make your life easier) so i just stopped playing.

I don't think it's Pay 2 Anything though, you'd have to spend an obscene amount of money for it to be worth it, and those 30 day long things don't really help much, they're more of a convenience thing.
>>
File: p2w.jpg (174KB, 1077x524px) Image search: [Google]
p2w.jpg
174KB, 1077x524px
>>
>>379640618
>exactly like ragnarok online
I mean, i'm intrigued but the other shit you listed sounds absolutely horrible to have in an mmo

Minus the 10/10 ragnarok online art and music

Literally no reason to play or even remotely relate to RO it seems
>>
>>379640618
I am actually. Picked it up last week, it's alright seems pretty easy to progress. Don't know why everybody in here is bitching that it's too RNG heavy. I hit 55 in less than 30 hours, working on getting my set together now which has been easier then I thought it would be.

Does /v/ just suck at MMOs, you guys that much of a joke that this is too "rng heavy" and "p2w". Did you all grow up on WoW?
>>
>>379643654
Ragnarok and bdo have the same exact enhancement rng procedure. safe enhancement till +7, but risk gets exponentially more expensive the higher you go.

Music is whatever in bdo, but the art and graphics are amazing. one of the most cpu + gpu intense games i've ever played.

The other shit is bad for sure, but what can I say? I liked the combat system so much that it was worth putting real money into. different strokes for different folks.
>>
I am though on a private server.
>>
>>379642617
Game developers and businesses these days have come up with a grey area regarding pay 2 win. It is no longer black and white. This game is definitely based off company greed. The only reason why I play it is because I really enjoy its combat system. Buying stuff with real money doesn't give you a big advantage over player, it just helps you catch up to the rest of the players that have been around a long time than you have.
>>
Chinky mmo's are shit. There are no exceptions and there will never be an exception.
BDO minus the p2w, and don't fucking tell me it's not, and the chinky grind would actually be pretty good.
>>
I would but my pc can't.
>>
It's weird just how in depth some things in this game are, but how it's so lacking in other areas.

Like with the character creator you can have a star shaped left pupil with a heart shaped iris, you can drag 100 sliders to customize your face to an absurd degree, you can choose the shininess of your skin, and you can even place individual strands of hair where you want them...
But there's only like 5 base hairstyles to choose from, and if you want to add freckles, moles, or scars to your face you're out of luck. Basically it won't give you any tools to make yourself less pretty.

And the gameplay has some super weird and specific elements to it, but the PVE balance is just awful, some of the voice acting is fine but some is the worst I've heard in a while, and there's some general jank that you don't see much in modern games.
>>
File: 1453834916091.jpg (16KB, 454x352px) Image search: [Google]
1453834916091.jpg
16KB, 454x352px
insanely good character creator but wasted on a shit game
>>
>>379642617
OP is full of shit, you can buy items with real money that can sold for a lot of money. Money is important in this game, being able to purchase an essential resource needed for progression is pay to win as fuck.
>>
>>379645321

Is that Dr. Strange?
>>
File: 1453834982728.jpg (28KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1453834982728.jpg
28KB, 600x338px
>>379645654
good, now guess this one
>>
>>379644972
I'm a chink. Probably why I enjoy this game. Like I said, game companies have created a grey area in the term P2W now. They're GETTING SMARTER. Everything in marketplace is controlled by a minimum and maximum bid system. Players don't control item prices. The method in which these developers are creating the grey area is by letting real money items be available to the entire population by letting people sell them on the marketplace for in game silver.
>>
>>379645572
>Money is important in this game
In game currency is so easy to make you have to be legally retarded to not break 50k before you hit level 50. Not to mention the game gives you money for free all the damn damn.
>>
>>379645726
yer a wizerd ermioney
>>
>>379645572
You're full of shit because these real money items can only be sold on the marketplace for a maximum of 5 times per week. The profit you'd be making would be at a LOSS if you do the actual math of profit. You can do your own research on this.
>>
>>379640618
Everyone complaining that the endgame is nothing but grinding to have .01% more damage than everyone else in the game so you can two shot them.

They're not wrong. I wish there were some instances (at least) of some hard raids or intelligence.

You have this near action game combat wasted on 100% trash mobs and pvp that could be somewhat skill based but relies on having more damage than everyone else to do anything.
>>
>>379645912
>50k
Meant 50m. Also, just about everything has value, I've snatched items worth 3m several times just from randomly gathering.
>>
>>379645726
Hermoine the raging SJW dyke.
>>
>>379646021
This game isn't meant to be themepark. However, I do agree with you on the trash mob + relying on better items for pvp part.
>>
File: esponyi bobu.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
esponyi bobu.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>379640618
> exactly like ragnarok online
>>
I really had fun playing casually, the world is damn beautiful and rich, pretty fun combat and immersive experience.
>>
>>379642617
Game is a giant rng box. even if you P2W you still have to gamble to Win the game even after wasting thousands of dollars you could be stuck at average.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.