[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently on sale. Is this worth $39?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Prey_cover_art.jpg (47KB, 280x357px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_cover_art.jpg
47KB, 280x357px
Currently on sale. Is this worth $39?
>>
>>379639389
game has barely been out and is already on sale to desperately get ANY money it can

if that's not a red flag for you, you deserve the game
>>
>>379639510
wtf i hate prey now!
>>
>>379639389
It's worth it. I think you'll enjoy it.

If you don't, I don't really care.
>>
>>379639510

That isn't necessarily a red flag to the quality of the game, more of an indicator that it didn't sell well. And Prey certainly sold like shit.
>>
File: 1432111851516.jpg (33KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
1432111851516.jpg
33KB, 500x303px
>>379639763
>>
>>379639810
It's a DIRECT indicator of the quality of the game, if it didn't sell well then it's shit

Don't get me wrong a lot of great games go undersold for many reasons but the number one reason a game doesn't sell is because it's garbage.
>>
>>379639389
Better than bioshock infishit at least, I'm having fun with it. Lacks in some areas but I wouldn't give betheshit my money though.
>>
>>379639389

I finished it and really enjoyed it.
If you like this type of game, don't hesitate, it's worth full price.
>>
>>379640047
>if it didn't sell well then it's shit
I don't think that's how it works, anon.
>>
File: AI 2014-11-17 14-55-39-05.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AI 2014-11-17 14-55-39-05.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
I like 'stuck on a fucked-up spaceship' games. Is this a good one?
>>
it's a better immersive sim than any of the bioshock games
the alien powers are kinda underwhelming (there's maybe 2 or 3 places you can't enter without mimicing and the combat abilities are basically projectiles) but it's still a fun game with multiple solutions to most problems
you could also just pirate it, i played the cpy version and it crashed maybe once
>>
>>379640047
>It's a DIRECT indicator of the quality of the game
I guess skyrim and fallout 4 are really high quality games
>>
>>379640956
The whole time playing prey i was wishing there was a similar game on the AI ship. Such awesome design and aesthetic shoved into a jumpscare stealth game, which might be some people's cup of tea but i just find tedious.
>>
I had a lot of fun with the game. I'd play the game again but I'm going to wait and see if they add NG+.
>>
>>379639389

Definitely.

It's shocking to me that the utter tripe that was Bioshock Infinite received a chorus of seemingly unending adulation, and this thoroughly decent game got such a mediocre reception.
>>
>>379642086
bioshock got a shit ton of marketing and this game didn't

I'm not buying it till it's at least $30, nothing personal but my backlog is full enough as it is
>>
File: 1360740444373.png (231KB, 471x354px) Image search: [Google]
1360740444373.png
231KB, 471x354px
>>379640047

>sometimes good games sell poorly
>but if a game sells poorly, it's shit
>>
>>379640047
oh no it's retarded
>>
>>379641095
Just because /v/ doesn't like Bethesda doesn't mean those games aren't good, they're obviously a commercial success outside of shitty forums where people try to fit in with one another.
>>
>>379642989
>bioshock got a shit ton of marketing and this game didn't
Ain't that the truth. The marketing behind Prey was bad and them slapping that name on it probably did more harm than good in the long run. They just ended up giving fans of the first Prey (small number but still potential customers) a reason to hate on the game and people who have played the first game to think that this one will end up being that same since it shares the name. The trailers for the game don't show much of the game's strengths and focused way too much on the story aspects while including a fuckton of shootan sequences so I don't even blame people for getting the wrong impression of the game. To top it off, a PC demo was missing and the PS4 demo had severe input lag issues that even normies noticed. The game is hardly a masterpiece but their marketing strategy definitely caused a lot of people to pass over the game.
>>
>>379642989
Sure that's understandable. No point buying it early if you'll only end up playing it after a few sales anyway. But yeah it's the second coming of System Shock 2.
>>
>>379643475
They're just not high quality games from a technical standpoint. Skyrim and fallout are bug ridden games and despite all the money bethesda makes they still won't reinvest into their games. I'm not saying prey doesn't have its own problems but low quality games can sell well.
>>
I'd say its worth it. I bought it at full price and I'm not disappointed with my purchase.
>>
>>379639389
game is thick, solid, tight desu. Worth $30
>>
How long is this game? I've been playing like two weeks and just finished the crew quarters area. How much more is left?
>>
>>379644728
also bought it at full price. immersive world, competently put together.

>>379644964
got thirty hours out of it in my first run. maybe seventy five percent of it.
>>
>>379644964
like atleast half the game bucko
>>
>>379639389

If you like either Bioshock or System Shock 2 you will like the game 100%. If you like Deus Ex or Dishonored you will probably like it
>>
great game that for some reason children on /v/ are trashing because it isn't no man's sky. that's what they wanted

they believed the hype that the old version was finally going to be THE game where you can be a space bounty hunter and do anything!!!!!!

except those of us who are >16 know that no game hyped this way ever, ever ends up this way
>>
>>379645061
>>379645051
Thought this was going to be a 15 hour game. Guess I have another 2 weeks of this game.
>>
>>379640047

>"If it didn't sell well then it's shit"
>"a lot of great games go undersold"

Jesus fucking christ how fucking dense are you?
>>
>>379640956
Yeah but if you've played a lot of them you'll probably find this really generic
>>
I almost feel bad that I hated this game as much as I did because nothing is really wrong with it on a technical level, but holy fuck was it boring.

Everything in this game is a mash up of tropes and over used ideas from other games. The entire time I just felt like I was playing the most generic game possible because it does absolutely nothing new or different. It's like it was created with 0 original thought and just took everything from popular games in the last decade. Playing Prey is like going through the motions and is the epitome of bland.

The story being the worst part of it by far. Its beat for beat the exact thing you would expect from the premise. I guessed the entire story within the first 2 hours of playing and just felt ripped off that it was really building up to such a shitty plot.
>>
>>379642086

Bioshock Infinite got a ton of circle jerking for the first few months after it came out but nowadays it's really divisive.
>>
>>379639389
No. The game is hot garbage and everyone who says is a love letter to System Shock is unironically retarded.
>>
>>379639389

i liked it a lot i hope there will be a sequel.
>>
If you're a fan of games with a ton of different routes and options like Deus Ex, System Shock, Bioshock, etc. then definitely.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.