[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games with gas masks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: gas mask.png (151KB, 696x773px) Image search: [Google]
gas mask.png
151KB, 696x773px
I'm looking some games where clean air is a resource.

What I mean is something like the surface stages in the Metro series where gas masks must be used or you will die, and air filter canisters must be replaced. Although I prefer more open games, stage-based games like Metro are okay too. One of my favorite examples of this is scavenging valuable materials from the black swamp tiles in neo scavenger and having to replace the air filters in your gas mask.

I'm not really looking for underwater/space games but if you have a good suggestion I may give it a try
>>
File: oxygen not included.jpg (240KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
oxygen not included.jpg
240KB, 1280x720px
Is oxygen not included a good game? Seems like it has pretty complex air mechanics
>>
>>379636247
Really loved this game, but damn there just is not enough content. Could've done a lot more with it. Check out Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead if you liked Neo Scavenger. It's free and has a lot of content. There's a few places and enemies that require breathing protection to enter/fight effectively.
>>
>>379636247
The Division has multiple areas throughout the world that are so infected you have to put on a gas mask and you only have so long to survive in those areas.
>>
File: image.jpg (262KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262KB, 1024x676px
>>379637987
Yeah I felt it was kind of like an attempt to make CDDA with a better interface. Of course you can't adapt an as I roguelike to a graphical game without cutting some content
>>
>>379638228
ascii* roguelike
>>
>>379638228
Yeah, but with that being said, it's not like the graphical content in NS is cutting edge; hell, I think the tile packs for CDDA are better than what we see there. I'll give you the interface, though. Using the numpad and all the shortcuts becomes second nature after a couple of hours, but a total lack of mouse support always makes things difficult to get into. Check out the CDDA launcher with tile and soundpacks, really makes it feel a lot better.
>>
>>379639282
Will do, thanks. Is the game hard to learn?
>>
File: 1441929152723.jpg (36KB, 592x394px) Image search: [Google]
1441929152723.jpg
36KB, 592x394px
I guess this is pretty niche. So, not much else?
>>
>>379639579
It took me a while to really get into it, but I've got a few hundred hours into it by now. Keep a little cheat sheet nearby for your frequently used hotkeys that you might have trouble remembering (e.g., $ for sleep, * for construction menu, & for crafting, etc. You can always change keybindings if you want to, but just about every key is used for something, so it's hard to move everything around). Just consult the wiki on stuff that you're really having a problem with, but try to figure stuff out on your own for some fun surprises. Also, if you're just starting out, try turning off skill rust and decrease global monster speed a bit in your world gen options. There's no shame in making the game easier to learn the ropes, as it gets difficult to learn when you're constantly getting your shit pushed in by Shocker Brutes
>>
File: 1475985161384.png (119KB, 735x483px) Image search: [Google]
1475985161384.png
119KB, 735x483px
Space Station 13 comes to mind.
All servers have a ''complicated'' atmospherics systems.
Each room has it's own air pressure, heat and gas mixture, they are all controlled by a Air Control thats custom to each room.
Each room has it's own piping thats connected to the central atmospherics, with a distribution loop and a scrubbing loop.
Also alot of types of gasses:
>02
>N2
>C02 (Chokes you slowly)
>N20 (Puts you to sleep if in large quantities)
>Plasma (Highly toxic and highly flammable)
It can lead to some fun shit.
>Walking around in my good ol' grey jumpsuit
>Suddenly see rooms getting filled with N20
>Alot of the crew falls asleep
>Manage to slap on an emergency mask
>Air turns pink as plasma gets leaked into the rooms too
>My skin and eyes burn from toxicity
>Slap on glasses and put on a make-shift spaceproof suit
>Pressure builds up so high the light bulbs explode
>Causing sparks that make the plasma set on fire
>The fire builds up the pressure so high my lungs are crushed instantly
>Then someone opens a door and all the pressure slams into the other room
>Dragging my pulpy body into a wall and cracking my head
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.