[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steam Controller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 269
Thread images: 53

File: steam controller.jpg (20KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
steam controller.jpg
20KB, 460x215px
>valve thought this was a good idea
>it's literally unmentioned across the majority of PC gamers
what was the point of this controller and why?
>>
Something to easily interface with Steam Machines and allow you to play more PC-centric games without needing a KB+M.

The only real problem is that dual trackpads can't match the precision of KB+M.
>>
File: IMG_0300.jpg (23KB, 200x235px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0300.jpg
23KB, 200x235px
>>379634340

How dare valve attempt to improve PC gaming. The very thought that a private company would invest money at an uncertain venture to improve their profitability and usability of their products is disgusting. They should just shitpost at 4chan and release visual novels.
>>
>>379634340
>The only real problem is that dual trackpads can't match the precision of KB+M.

That was the same argument made with dual thumbsticks though.
People preferred trackpads controlled by their thumbs?
>>379635112
didn't read
>>
i dunno, i don't own a console controller anyway but if i was going to waste $50 on one i'd get the Steam one. I notice a very important thing, that those trackpads wouldn't wear out unlike a shitty PS/Xbox controller where the little springs in the little knobs DO wear out from being pressed too much. Steam controller just makes more sense than a shitty console controller designed to make you buy another one if you use it heavily since the shit breaks.
>>
>>379634340
>valve thought this was a good idea
It wasn't a bad one though. Valve, going in the direction with the Steam boxes and Big Picture mode, a gamepad controller would be a very important component in this plan. Releasing their own controller helps and gives customers (old and new) a fully supported controller from Valve themselves.

>it's literally unmentioned across the majority of PC gamers
Well, most still use kb+m for the most part. Other than that, the main reason why is because most already invested in an xbox 360 controller to use for their pc. Multi-plat PC games use the button icons from the xbox port anyways and support the 360 controller from the get-go.

>what was the point of this controller and why?
to compete with the 360 controller, and for Valve to get money from customers who were interested in buying a controller for steam/pc gaming.
>>
File: steam controller prototypes.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
steam controller prototypes.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
i for one would've welcomed a trackball steam controller instead of the stupid bullshit we got aka the final product
>>
>>379634340
Valve retards thought Steam machine was a good idea too
>>
The Steam Controller was the only not-retarded part of Steam living room push though. The controller is sublime if you take like a day to get good with it and take the time to fiddle with the controller layout and settings. It's objectively better than a normal controller for pretty much everything but fightan and twin stick shooters.

The retards who malign this controller are the same ones who think analog sticks are a good form of control or listen to Jim Sterlings retarded rantings about the Kid Icarus Uprising control scheme even though it's the closest thing to mouse precision that exists outside of a mouse currently.

Traditional controllers in 2017 and the retards who defend them are a plague on the industry.

Trackpads are better, trackballs are better, good circle pads are better, gyro is better, KI:U's touchscreen scheme is better.
Analog stick are the bottom of the barrel in controls outside of virtual buttons on a phone screen
>>
>>379637460
>Trackpads are better, trackballs are better
You best be memeing son
>>
>>379637460
>Traditional controllers in 2017 and the retards who defend them are a plague on the industry.
>Trackpads are better, trackballs are better, good circle pads are better, gyro is better, KI:U's touchscreen scheme is better.
>Analog stick are the bottom of the barrel in controls outside of virtual buttons on a phone screen

Defend this.
>>
>>379637784
They're leagues above a stick in terms of accuracy you fucking mouthbreather. You've probably never actually used either of those things to control a game.

>>379637791
All of those things I listed are objectively more accurate than an analog stick. With the least drastic one being circle pads (Not the shitty nintendo ones you're thinking of, ones with proper grip on the top of them)
Sliding motion>>>inaccurate clumsy flopping motion of the sticks
>>
>>379638034
>All of those things I listed are objectively more accurate than an analog stick.
Prove it. If it's as simple as you state then there shouldn't be any problem.
>>
>>379638173
>Prove it
If you need me to you've clearly never used any of the things I've listed in your life and are just trying to shitfling.
>>
>>379634993
>Steam Machines

vaporware
>>
The ergonomics need work, it feels like shit.
>>
>>379638376
This is you claiming your subjective opinion are objective facts. If you cannot prove your facts your opinion is objectively incorrect.
>>
>>379638717
The sliding motion of a pad gives you a better idea of where you're going to be moving than a sticks unruly flop.
Gyro, trackpads, KI:U, and trackballs are not limited by having the speed cap out at a certain point like analog sticks, they're basically mouse controls in terms of freedom without fully replicating the accuracy but still being leagues above analog.You've clearly never touched non traditional controls in your life. Slight movements become easier as well as large sweeping motions like turning 180 degrees

There's no point in continuing a conversation with somebody who so clearly has no experience in what I'm talking about.
Go use one of the things I have listed in a game if you really want to have a discussion.
>>
>>379639285
Slight movements become easier as well as large sweeping motions like turning 180 degrees

You've clearly never touched non traditional controls in your life. There's no point in continuing a conversation with somebody who so clearly has no experience in what I'm talking about.
Go use one of the things I have listed in a game if you really want to have a discussion.

Last bit got accidentally jumbled up.
>>
File: 1404985276095.jpg (23KB, 375x363px) Image search: [Google]
1404985276095.jpg
23KB, 375x363px
>>379634340
It has some cool gimmicks some work better than others, I'm in love with the back paddles and using the right trackpad as 4 button menu and configuring it as an H gearbox for daytona is a a lot of fun.
>>
File: logitech_g13gamepadhand-on.jpg (133KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
logitech_g13gamepadhand-on.jpg
133KB, 600x476px
>>379634340
>kick ass at BC2
>run out of space on desktop
>get one of these
>suck ass for a month or 2

People are just too used to normal controllers, it takes a lot of time to get used to a new keyboard or mouse of course it takes time getting used to a new kind of controller.
>>
>>379634340
i want the original version of the steam controller, the one without the fucking analog stick cancer on it

i have only two issues with it
the lack of a d-pad because of the presence of a shitstick is a big one
the other issue is its dependance on steam, which given the name shouldn't be surprising, but mandating steam overlay for its use and only being able to configure through the lag-ass big picture mode is a big problem with lack of freedoms, which is the definition of pc gaming
>>
>>379639883
let me guess: that's membrane and not mechanical
>>
>>379639883
the best way I found to get used to the controller is finding a game you like and want to replay or finding a new game you want to play. That way you're either going trough the motions on a new device and developing muscle memory that way or developing new muscle memory because you're thinking on the fly.
>>
File: keyboard_layout.png (16KB, 530x177px) Image search: [Google]
keyboard_layout.png
16KB, 530x177px
>>379640184
Look how the keys are distributed, its not like a standard keyboard.
>>
>>379635548
>those trackpads wouldn't wear out

what color is the sky in your world
>>
>>379640163
It NEEDS interchangeable parts. It needs a dpad. But trying to walk with the trackpads is ass, so sometimes I want a stick. But when I'm playing a lot of PC games having the stick sitting there be dead weight is ass.

The customizable software needs to be coupled with customizable hardware. It's a natural evolution of the ideas in the first model. Plus the Steam controller should be able to at the very least fully replace my traditional controller, and sometimes you need a stick, sometimes 2, sometimes a dpad.
As an added bonus, being able to fall back on using it as a traditional controller would probably do a lot to boost it's exposure.

Having a highly customizable software side to the controller and rigid hardware when so much of a controller comes down to personal tastes is the biggest shortcoming of the Steam Controller right now.
>>
>>379634340
To be fucking incredible.

t. owner of two.
>>
>>379641061
>But trying to walk with the trackpads is ass
i haven't run into that problem yet, feels ideal to me
just need to make sure the button press requirement to accept input is disabled, no idea who would want that
>>
>>379640163
I agree it needs a d-pad.

But if you're in client beta (and you should be as an SC user) you can run the entire configurator from outside BPM. The controller no longer needs BPM to function correctly.

It's a little hacky that it still uses the BPM interface in the pop-up but you can use desktop mode.
>>
File: Makoto-cutin.png (152KB, 1280x512px) Image search: [Google]
Makoto-cutin.png
152KB, 1280x512px
>>379634340
It fucking works tho. I initially bought it for emulation and third person games. Its prob the best one out there for emulation because of the customization.

For third person games like dragons dogma it works flawlessly because you can add extra hot keys. Its also great for dark souls because you can swing the camera so much faster than a regular controller.

I tried it for total war games and it was fine but I'd rather use it mkb for those types of games. Same goes for a slow fps like fallout 4. The gyro aiming was actually neat and I found it more precise than a regular controller but again I'd rather use mkb. Like it does the job, if you want to be lazy as fuck and play civ type games with a controller then you are good to go.

The only thing I didn't like about the controller was that it wasnt really plug and play. You have to tinker with the settings and sensitivity but it pays off.

The only people that really shits on this thing are the ones who haven't tried it. Seems cool to hate on things especially at /v/.

I fucking use the steam controller on tekken 7 and managed to get to grandmaster online. I play with the dpad click off and makes wave dashing so easy.
>>
>>379641296
Its too unwieldy for my tastes. Aiming accuracy is great with the trackpads but moving exactly where I want to with the trackpads is way more difficult than a stick or circle pad
>>
>>379641395
>You have to tinker with the settings and sensitivity but it pays off.
Set up a template, use it for everything.

The good news is you rarely have to tinker beyond that, though you'll get so used to your layout this way that if a game does something unexpected with the bindings you'll wind up rebinding the keys to keep sprint on RB 100% of the time or whatever.
>>
File: KF2 Steam Controller.jpg (1MB, 3780x2028px) Image search: [Google]
KF2 Steam Controller.jpg
1MB, 3780x2028px
>>379634340
I had it, I really liked it. Only thing I didn't like is I couldn't get it to work properly with FH3.
>>
>>379641395
>emulation

I don't know, I like cheap usb saturn clones, Sega should release usb saturn controllers they were great, maybe update then with analog sticks.
>>
>>379641543
It was a minor inconvenience.

If anything there is a learning curve on getting used to the controller but shirt it was worth it IMO. just use my templates rather than the official ones. The mgsv and dark souls 3 official templates were atrocious. What I love about it is that if you want to use it as a ps4/Xbox controller then you can totally do it.
>>
File: snes.jpg (121KB, 1492x571px) Image search: [Google]
snes.jpg
121KB, 1492x571px
Why fix what isn't broken?
>>
File: 1437772899148.jpg (80KB, 433x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437772899148.jpg
80KB, 433x600px
>>379642264
i need this in my life holy shit
>>
>>379641985
Are those clones any good?
>>
>Play games with my Nintendo controllers
>ABXY are in a certain spot
>Go back to my steam controller
>Everything is flipped by my standards and it takes a while to readjust
>Try to rebind the face buttons in a game based on where I want them to be
>Get jumbled and confused by button prompts and in general because everything mislabeled on my controller and in game
I would love if the face button were 4 tiny screens so they could reflect what you have bound there accurately. There's been a lot of times in pc games where I have B I P and like F bound to fucking thing and I always have moment of "what fucking button is E again?"

Same with the original plan of putting screens on the trackpads, the trackpad dpad might not actually suck ass if I could see where each button began and which button ended with certainty while I was getting used to the thing.
>>
>>379642929
I never got why Nintendo inverts the face buttons senpai.
>>
>>379643306
Japan reads right to left
>>
I have one of these and a steam link, I don't know what they're used for aside from streaming youtube to my tv.
Not to mention that every so often my steam link decides it's time to take an entire night of troubleshooting to get it working again for no particular reason at all.
Steam link is currently sitting unplugged and my controller is only used for playing emulated games on my PC because I have no other controllers.
>>
>>379638173
Physics problem.
It has to do with leverage, construction of the thumbs and the accuracy of potentiometers.
>>
>>379644314
The Steam Link is so fucking terrible. I have my computer and it on the wired connection. Good internet. And it shits the bed constantly with totally locking up even in fast mode.
>>
>>379640184
That doesn't matter if the rubber is correctly made.
>>
>>379644921
yeah sometimes I start it up and it just shows a black screen, or it freezes for no reason.
>>
>>379635850
I think most people who play console ports will prefer the controller they were designed for. Steam supports DS4 now.
>>
>>379637460
Ah the stereotypical PC gamer who only plays DOTA. How nice.
>>
>>379637460
are you retarded? i own steam controller since xcom2 sale and every time i tried to used to i wanted to play on a fucking m+kb. Controller only worked while playing witcher 3, it does really poor job with racing, fighting, platformer games
>>
>>379638173
There are less variables that determine the input for the control methods he listed. Your input motion is replicated with motion in the game. This allows for more intuitive controls because there are less things for you to think about. This is the same reason that mouse is considered more accurate. You can't argue that analog is better or equal unless you are willing to also say it is better than or equal to a mouse.
>>
they fell for the "touch" meme
everyone would rather put their own inputs on some sort of precise machine

touch is fucking clunky and slow
>>
Typical

>solution in search of problem

I've been gaming a while and can use a dualshock with my eyes closed. I never asked for this.

But maybe it works for some IDK.
>>
File: 1365629963501.png (191KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1365629963501.png
191KB, 351x351px
>>379647393
>Playing ASSFAGGOTS
>Being a shitposter
>Not recognizing the best controller on the market
>>
>>379647415
If you seriously can't use it well for controller based games that arent fightan and twin stick it's ENTIRELY on you. PC controls can be less accurate but it's suppose to be an alternative to KB+M if you want to lay back and be a bum, not a replacement that's better than KB+M
>>
>>379641395
>The only people that really shits on this thing are the ones who haven't tried it. Seems cool to hate on things especially at /v/.

Tried it, it's shit for the very reason you mention:

> You have to tinker with the settings

I don't want to do that. I already do that with graphics and mods. Fuck having to rebind my controller in addition.
>>
>>379647669
>There are less variables that determine the input for the control methods he listed. Your input motion is replicated with motion in the game.
True
>This allows
Everything from here-on is based off interpretations, not fact.
>>
>>379634340
It's the best way to use your desktop on the couch, period. The trackpads make it easy to type (split keyboard across both of them), and accurately use the cursor from the couch.

For games, it's not as good as a traditional dual-stick controller, but it's a compromise I'm willing to make in order to stream my desktop across the house and use it from my couch.
>>
>>379649578
>it's not as good as a traditional dual-stick controller
This is incorrect.
Analog sticks are trash. Steam Controller does everything a controller can do better besides twin stick shooters and fighting games that you should have a fightstick for anyway.
>>
>>379634340
I bought this controller and it is garbage. I just put it away and used an xbox controller.
>>
>>379650293
That's your opinion
>>
>>379650551
The classic redditor argument of deflecting everything as subjectivity
It's objective. It's more accurate, more responsive, and faster to use the SC trackpads and gyro than twinsticks in 90% of video games.

It's not bad because you dont want to learn a new controller.
>>
>>379649575
You seem to be agreeing with me that the input for analog is more complex. Are you suggesting that complexity does not influence how difficult it is to perform a task? Also, would you say that analog is just as good as a mouse?
>>
>>379638173
really, you claimed they were shit first so you prove it
>>
>>379650696
Dude. I've used the steam controller for over a year; I've learned it I like it for a lot of things, but I prefer dual sticks for most games, of course in lieu of m&kb.
Has nothing to do with Reddit, it's just autism to try and put a metric over what ultimately a function of personal preference.
I'm not arguing that the steam controller doesn't have hardware that allows for more precision, but that means little if applied to a person who is simply does not care for it/cannot get the hang of it.

inb4
>You're a Redditor so what you say is invalid
I've been here for a decade, so spare me the young blood chest beating.
>>
>>379634340
All you're doing is asking for the buyer's remorse squad to come out and defend this shit.
>>
File: clone.jpg (27KB, 209x207px) Image search: [Google]
clone.jpg
27KB, 209x207px
>>379651061
more difficult in the sense you might as well fucking cut your legs off and be in a wheelchair because balancing on your feet is "hard"
>>
>>379651672
I already gave him an argument, which he never responded to of course
>>
>>379651061
>You seem to be agreeing with me
Nope but you can tell yourself that if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>379651672
>really, you claimed they were shit first so you prove it

Except it was a comment. The counter argument was presented as a fact instead of a comment. The burden of proof lies on the one claiming something as fact.

You faggot.
>>
>>379651712
You literally just said in your own post that its better but you just cant get the hang of it.

If you have a complaint with the steam controller call it what it is instead of misrepresenting it to make it seem like a issue on the controllers end.
>>
>>379652871
>I already gave him an argument, which he never responded to of course
Except I did. Several times. You ignored them
>telling yourself lies to feel better about yourself
I feel bad for you
>>
File: science.jpg (31KB, 315x414px) Image search: [Google]
science.jpg
31KB, 315x414px
an analog stick going from left to right has to travel all the way from 100% left, to 0, before inputting any "right" input, and thus, will always be longer then any controller system that allows you to do this instantly.

this is objective
>>
>>379653114
"The sliding motion of a pad gives you a better idea of where you're going to be moving than a sticks unruly flop
Gyro, trackpads, KI:U, and trackballs are not limited by having the speed cap out at a certain point like analog sticks, they're basically mouse controls in terms of freedom without fully replicating the accuracy but still being leagues above analog. Slight movements become easier as well as large sweeping motions like turning 180 degrees

You've clearly never touched non traditional controls in your life.
There's little point in continuing a conversation with somebody who so clearly has no experience in what I'm talking about.
Go use one of the things I have listed in a game if you really want to have a discussion."

Sure you did pal, this argument definitely didn't sit unresponded to at >>379639285 and >>379639393
>>
>>379653313
No dont you know anything that opposes my way of thinking on 4chan is subjective and not an argument?

Now allow me to nitpick your argument by calling you a shitposter for using a reaction image and have a reddit space between your two lines. I am victorious.
>>
>vale actually tries something
>it's shit
Valve doesn't understand the gaming market at all now. It's why EVERY hardware they make flops and why they'll never make another video game. They don't need to either, they have dominance in the PC market and billions to sit on.
>>
>>379634340
I bought a steam controller for sale after 360 controller busted.

I liked it better than my 360. It took a while to find out the best way to use the controller. It's a powerful controller, but they kind of leave you on your own to figure out what to do.

>For games that require D-Pad use... Turn haptics all the way up, reduce deadzone, and don't require a press. This makes the D-Pad have adequate feedback with good accuracy and response time.

>For 3D third person games use joystick controls, but increase sensitivity. It will give you more control over the camera, which feels better than a 2nd thumbstick in my opinion.

>Don't bother with FPS and RTS games that requires a great deal of precision. Until we have brain interface devices, mouse and keyboard will always dominate in this area. That being said, if you just want to play on your couch, the gyro and touchpad are much better than a joystick.

Wishlist:

>XInput support so we don't have to do everything through steam.

>Bigger battery compartments so that slightly larger AA rechargeable batteries can fit.

>Reduce size curvature of the bumper buttons so that our fingers rest on there instead of the trigger buttons.

>One central community to trade tips and configuration because it's really a bitch to get all of this info.

>Configuration software UI is improving, but is still terrible. I can edit controller configuration without launching big picture mode, which is nice.
>>
>>379653478
>Sure you did pal

Except I did. It's not my fault you're a janitor deleting posts to suit your arguments.
>>
File: 1363004056111.jpg (15KB, 275x249px) Image search: [Google]
1363004056111.jpg
15KB, 275x249px
>>379653819
>It's not my fault you're a janitor deleting posts to suit your arguments.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>379653696

Xinput is impossible since the Onus is on MS to make the drivers more than the 360 controller buttons/triggers.

I'd rather Valve open the drivers up than the community. IIRC someone made it possible to config games OUTSIDE of Steam so you didn't need to use Steam/Big Picture to config non-Steam Shortcutted titles.
>>
>>379653993

You - you stupid cunt - are a janitor. You claimed I didn't respond to your arguments when I did. I refreshed the page and my posts are gone. Nothing in those posts constituted being deleted. Therefore you - or someone you're friends with - removed them because you're a fucking child who cannot admit when he's wrong.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (8KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
8KB, 299x168px
>>379653650
hes gotta point
>>
>>379654251
>Being this bootyblasted that you have no counter argument
I've been in the thread the whole time without refreshing and nothing has been deleted. You're a paranoid retard.

Tell me what the posts said anon. Tell me in explicit detail.
>>
>>379637460
100% this
>>
>>379654429
The post your responding to was sarcasm my dude. I'm well aware that analog sticks are objectively inferior to the emerging new control schemes in the industry. I was the first person to say so earlier in the thread.
>>
>>379652860
In this case you get the same end result for the more simple input.

>>379652882
You said "True" for the part about less variables that go into the input. To reemphasize that point about complexity, try to consider what you would need to do to aim for each control method.
trackpad/gyro: move x distance. Simple enough that you could calculate the necessary input in your head.
analog: tilt the controller at a rate of W to a position X. Hold for Y time. Return to neutral at a rate of Z. This is more complex because there are more variables and you have rates as well as distances.
>>
>>379654584
>I've been in the thread the whole time without refreshing and nothing has been deleted.

My posts are gone.
Explain it.
>>
File: kobeshrug.jpg (370KB, 1000x730px) Image search: [Google]
kobeshrug.jpg
370KB, 1000x730px
>>379654702
i was playing along my dude
>>
>>379655117
>Explain it.
There were never any posts and your shitposting in place of a real argument
>>
>>379654953
>You said "True" for the part about less variables that go into the input. To reemphasize that point about complexity, try to consider what you would need to do to aim for each control method.
>trackpad/gyro: move x distance. Simple enough that you could calculate the necessary input in your head.
>analog: tilt the controller at a rate of W to a position X. Hold for Y time. Return to neutral at a rate of Z. This is more complex because there are more variables and you have rates as well as distances.

You're taking liberties with the word "true" to pander your ego anon.
>>
File: pc btfo.jpg (82KB, 920x900px) Image search: [Google]
pc btfo.jpg
82KB, 920x900px
>>379634340
DELET THIS
>>
>>379640184
Yes, and it's my main issue with it. After 8 years I wish Logitech would finally make a mech version, but I'll probably have to track down an old Razer Orbweaver.
>why old
Because the new ones don't have Cherry MX switches and have terrible build quality.
>>
File: 1440434310751.png (334KB, 694x524px) Image search: [Google]
1440434310751.png
334KB, 694x524px
>>379655178
My bad I didn't catch it
>>
>>379655210
>There were never any posts
Yes there were and you know I cannot prove it since 1.) you deleted the posts (again, you fucking child) and 2.) i refreshed the page.

Fuck you for wasting my time you literal fucking child.
>mad
Of fucking course I'm mad. You've literally undone my arguments with the click of a button because you couldn't handle being wrong.

Fucking
child
>>
File: 1408342254139.jpg (78KB, 391x500px) Image search: [Google]
1408342254139.jpg
78KB, 391x500px
>>379655383
Am I hallucinating?

I'm not the only one seeing this anon go off the deep end, right?
>>
>>379642929
You have to look at the face buttons while playing?

>>379643306
>why did Nintendo make it weird when they copied Xbox?
>>
>>379655535
>deletes posts
>"everyone look at him and laugh"
>all because he couldn't stand being wrong

You're pathetic
>>
File: 1496539180609.gif (2MB, 450x340px) Image search: [Google]
1496539180609.gif
2MB, 450x340px
>>379655383
or you could look at an independent third party archive. what is this, your first day on the internet?

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/379634340/
>>
>>379655705
Anon even if your posts really were deleted, I'm not a janitor, I could not have been the one to do it.
I said I would listen to your points if you reposted them, you decided to instead chimp out in rage.

This is your last (you) unless you give me your arguments again
>>
>>379655771

We both know it takes time to archive posts.
We both know you deleted posts.
We both know you're just being a cunt at this point.
We both know you're a child.
>>
File: 1432019563491.jpg (41KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1432019563491.jpg
41KB, 620x670px
>>379655771
And sure enough, my posts never received a single reply from conspiratard anon.

God bless famballa

>>379656038
>mfw
>>
>>379655832
>I'm not a janitor
>But every one of your posts that countered my argument disappeared

Uh huh.
>>
>>379653092
Last reply because I don't get your flavor of autism or why you want to fight so badly.

I said that I think the hardware is superior, but that means less than proficiency/preference. i.e , if an Xbox controller is more comfortable for me then I'm going to do better with it regardless of whether or not the steam controller has a technically superior component. Personal preference/comfort > precision offered by trackpads
>>
>>379656124
What's it like having the mentality of a child on an anonymous image board? Are you that afraid of your arguments being wrong and corrected? Or do you just do this shit for fun?

I'm genuinely curious since this is the first time I've actually had my posts fucking deleted by a janitor for anything like this.
>>
>>379656290
Yes but a comfortable xbox pad user will get fucking dunked on by a comfortable steam controller user
>>
>>379656435
Post your argument.
>>
>>379656435
Do you have a bunch of threads open?

Perhaps you posted it in the wrong one, happens to me from time to time
>>
File: laughing whore.jpg (5KB, 82x72px) Image search: [Google]
laughing whore.jpg
5KB, 82x72px
>>379656038
....uh, you can see our posts, these ones, right now. and its an independent website completely unaffiliated with 4chan. hed had to be a janitor at two websites with nothing to do with eachother?
so i checked another one site
https://archived.moe/v/thread/379634340/#reply
wheres your replies? or is this janitor somehow in cahoots with 3 different websites by 3 different owners? id love to hear your actual opinion

>>379656657
they arnt on two seperate archive wesbites, this anons either drunk or like you said, posted in different threads. i wonder if theres like a post randomly in the middle of like the tlou thread angrily shitposting about control schemes lol
>>
File: hellbalde.jpg (25KB, 599x555px) Image search: [Google]
hellbalde.jpg
25KB, 599x555px
>there are peole in the thread right now who play games on Linux
>>
>>379656776
Lets hope he posted it somewhere where it will cause havoc like an ARMS thread
>>
My problem is no games support it and trying to configure games for it is still haed and confusing.
>>
>>379656776
Do I really need to explain the archive sites aren't kept up-to-date in real time? Cause this level of shitposting isn't funny any more you colossal faggot.
>>
>>379634340
it's for playing on the couch bro :)
>>
File: conpiratard.png (7KB, 900x81px) Image search: [Google]
conpiratard.png
7KB, 900x81px
>>379657057
Submitted without further comment
>>
File: conpiratard.png (10KB, 904x126px) Image search: [Google]
conpiratard.png
10KB, 904x126px
>>379657179
Actually here is a better crop.
>>
>>379657241
>>379657179
well loook at that, my deleted post is here
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/379634340/#q379657248

welp his options are suicide or pulling the pretending to be retarded card too late. we taking bets?
>>
>>379657610
>welp his options are suicide or pulling the pretending to be retarded card too late. we taking bets?
You're stating as a fact that it's an impossibility for posts to be deleted from archives.
>4chan mods and janitors have no way of signaling the admins of archival sites about possible illegal content
I'm laughing anon.
>>
File: 1456359292869.png (66KB, 323x382px) Image search: [Google]
1456359292869.png
66KB, 323x382px
>conspiracy theorist going full retard
OR
>new janitors are abusing their powers

either way this thread is shit
>>
>>379658496
We've proven beyond a doubt he's just retarded.
>>
File: laughing-whores.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-whores.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
>>379657802
no that is a good point, the janitor, could actually be friends with 3 different independent websites owned by 3 different people who live in different parts of the world, all allowing a simple janitor the power to manipulate all 3 websites for a personal petty argument
>>
File: 1439243149358.jpg (29KB, 431x479px) Image search: [Google]
1439243149358.jpg
29KB, 431x479px
>>379658557
>We've proven beyond a doubt he's just retarded.
>we
No one's done shit anon. Although
>>>379658610
that arrogance is pretty hilarious considering CP gets deleted from archives pretty quickly.
>>
The only thing that Valve needed to do to make Steam Machines ubiquitous was to bite the bullet on the cost of them by subsidizing them.

1.) Make it far cheaper to buy a Steam Machine than any Dell or Prebuilt to the point where you'd have to be a fucking retard not to buy one
2.) LOCK IT DOWN! Make it an ever living pain in the ass if users want to attempt to install Windows or Linux on it to the point where most people will keep the SteamOS that greets them with the Steam Store whenever they log in, thus promoting Steam sales and they'd make their money back.

It's that easy
>>
File: rotary motor.jpg (5KB, 238x118px) Image search: [Google]
rotary motor.jpg
5KB, 238x118px
>>379658695
so 3 different websites are conspiring together, letting a janitor abuse a system in place for legal purposes just so this "janitor" can win an argument.

all 3 websites just sent off a few reports to the fbi, automatically as it does, reporting your message as child porn and potentially starting a false investigation and getting in trouble with the law, 3 different people around the world, all sticking their necks out for a janitor

to win an argument. bet that janitor sucks a meaaaan dick, huh
>>
>>379658826
>2.) LOCK IT DOWN! Make it an ever living pain in the ass if users want to attempt to install Windows or Linux on it to the point where most people will keep the SteamOS that greets them with the Steam Store whenever they log in, thus promoting Steam sales and they'd make their money back.
Im really glad that you don't work at Valve, Satan Prince of Darkness
>>
>>379635112
At visual novels would technically count as games.
Valve hasn't released a game that wasn't a cleverly disguised perpetual money machine in 6 years, and its been at least 4 since they released a new perpetual money machine.
>>
File: 1440168761150.jpg (170KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1440168761150.jpg
170KB, 900x1200px
>>379659184
>4chan mods and janitors have no way of signalling other sites that their archives contain CP
OK anon. I believe you.

>when a conspiracy nut is more sane than the idiot
>>
File: cracked.jpg (23KB, 297x297px) Image search: [Google]
cracked.jpg
23KB, 297x297px
>>379659341
>just ignore the majority of the post and repeat yourself again

lol
>>
>>379659419
That's not refuting the argument.
>conspiracy nut making more sense
The ignorance is strong lad
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (110KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
110KB, 960x540px
>>379634340
>>
>>379659553
your argument was refuted, and you ignored it.
listen, theres two options here. either A) a major, continet spanning conspiracy is out to get you spanning across a few legal districts for a petty argument, or B) you posted in the wrong thread or not at all

shhh anon, do you hear that? sounds like a black helicopter is circling your house...better close the blinds
>>
>janicuck deletes posts he doesn't like
>proceeds to downplay it
>no one believes him
>"Just trust me bro."
Gookmoot made a mistake hiring these new janitors.
>>
>>379660895
spanning over 3 websites owned internationally. bro, im serious, anyone whose this petty and has that sort of pull isnt the be fucked with. if you REALLY think this, id be hiding under the desk waiting with my gun

lol
>>
>>379660895
I'm the one you claimed to be a janitor and I haven't even been arguing with you for a good 20-30 posts or more at this point.

Im just watching in baffled awe.
>>
>>379634340
It was the physical component to their robust controller mapping software.

It was too expensive to matter when the software is free.
>>
>>379661001
>4chan mods and janitors have no way of signalling other sites that their archives contain CP
It's literally the copypasta that shows how stupid you are.
>>379661057
That was my first post in the thread. If you were a janitor you should be able to see IPs.
Or not. Who cares. Point still stands: first post in thread.

>faggots being so quick to denounce anyone that disagrees with them
Literally an epic thread for the ages.
>>
>>379661256
>If you were a janitor you should be able to see IPs.
I thought you were the conspiratard because I CANT see IPs
>>
>>379661656
>Point still stands: first post in thread.
>>
File: downs+kronikk.jpg (115KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
downs+kronikk.jpg
115KB, 1080x720px
>>379661001
this sends off a report. ergo, its illegal. 3 different websites and owners are committing illegal reports for a janitor

so, since you feel like youve avoided the argument, repost your argument, any you feel like are missing, and screen shot it the second it appears. viola, actual evidence of a janitor deleting your posts for personal reasons
>>
>>379662145
I genuinely dont even know what you mean by that.
>>
>>379662458
>>I thought you were the conspiratard
>>Point still stands: first post in thread.

?
>>
>>379662635
Oh. Nevermind. I thought you were saying point still stands about something in your original post
>>
So whose trolling who here
>>
File: index2.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
index2.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
>>379662860
conspiracynon was going all alex jones thinking that multiple worldwide locations had it out for him when reality was he probably failed a captcha or posted in a wrong thread. note he has yet to repost any of the arguments he allegedly made, and somehow no one replied to his deleted posts or you would see back quotes linking to a deleted post. its a whole shitload of seriously contrived coincidences coming together over an argument about steam controllers
>>
To get practice in manufacturing. Which they've since applied to the SteamVR lighthouses, and almost surely in the future will expand to all parts of their VR hardware (possibly breaking with HTC, even).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCgnWqoP4MM
>>
>>379663135
why do you care
>>
>>379634340
It's an mediocre solution to a problem that doesn't really exist.
>>
>>379635548
>I notice a very important thing, that those trackpads wouldn't wear out
don't count on it. i have a first shipment vive and both of its controllers pads stick to the right.
>>
>>379636390
the little touchscreen in the middle was the most interesting feature of the original reveal. also they totally should have gone ahead with including a heartrate monitor.
>>
>>379663649
because its fucking hilarious
>>
>>379634340
I bought one, tried to use it many times, it's annoying and every game needs to be customized. I tried using Prey was some Dark Souls tier shit because I kept getting killed until I switched to the Xbox controller.

It's not bad for playing stuff like Civ and XCOM on the TV though.
>>
>>379664724

You've been in this thread for five hours anon >>379639285
>>
It was great for playing witcher 1
>>
I've fallen in love with FTL all over again being able to lean back like a bum while I play it
>>
>>379665471
nah thats not me, but yeah ive been here around that long. im basically "on call", so i sit around and shitpost and pretty much get paid to do it until something comes in
>>
>>379666302
uh huh
>>
>>379666356
lol is that you conspiracynon. i had the scientist in my post, thats which guy i am
>>
>>379666483
>everyone is against me
Whose the conspiracy nut again?
>>
File: FullSizeRender 93.jpg (62KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender 93.jpg
62KB, 640x360px
Recently I ordered one of these because my old controller broke and felt like changing a bit, arrives on monday.
For those in thread who own one of these, how hard is it to setup or config? What games play well with it? Can you play wirelessly or do you need something extra for that?
>>
>>379665471
I'm the guy who made the first post who started this entire argument.

I've been playing FTL in the other window the entire time. I'm amazed you even delved so far in studying all the autism and finding ground zero
>>
File: 1493647069972.jpg (203KB, 954x973px) Image search: [Google]
1493647069972.jpg
203KB, 954x973px
>>379667083
>researching things is bad
lel
>plays FTL while claiming others have autism
lel again

this thread is /v/ in a nutshell
>>
>>379666603
the anon who thinks a janitor has 3 buddys across the world abusing the fbi reports for him to win an online argument?
>everyone is agaisnt me
lol, who, besides conspiracynon?
>>
It was a cool concept until it was handed over to the literal nigger monkeys without opposable thumbs Valve uses as playtesters.
As per usual, they ruined everything
>>
>>379634340
It's a great controller bar the right analog. The buttons have a great torque to them in particular the back button feels great. All the ways to customize it. Can even be used to play games you wouldn't normally even consider with a controller.

It's just they could've just given it a normal right analog and it would've been a godly controller at the cost of it just being normal one. I've been playing Nier Automata and couldn't for the life of my get the pod/flight gun to work right with it and just had to use a ps4 controller.
>>
>>379667434
You care this much about a nobody on the internet.
Remember that anon cause no one else seems to care about you.
>>
>>379649578
>easy to type
yeah when compared to a directional pad but if someone made the same UI for the PS or Xcocks and then used the analog sticks it would be the same result. I can't type nearly as fast as I would on a keyboard which is why whenever I get a message on the steam link I just get on my phone or back on my computer.
>>
>>379666965
You can easily switch between configs you save. When you pull up a steam game you can grab an already made community config for it. Grab one and use it as a base to modify it to your liking. It can be plugged in to play wired or charged/battery to play wireless.
>>
>>379667575
lol, laughing at isnt really caring, mate. you on the other hand seem to care about defending the conspiracynon because it totally isnt you. and why would literally anyone care who i am? im not the one thinking blackhawk helicopters are hanging arond

alright, lets see if the janitor has ties to yet ANOTHER completely independent website and is out to get you
http://www.strawpoll.me/13151966
>>
>>379666965
It's very easy. It comes with a wireless dongle and it's plug and play as long as Steam is running.

It has per-game config which usually defaults to regular xinput controls but with the right touchpad gives you a bit more accuracy than a stick. The Steam overlay lets you configure it about a billion different ways, and there are heaps of community shared profiles to download. You can even configure fun stuff like autofire and gyro-assisted aiming.

One wierd thing is you have to have the controller running before starting a game, or start it from Big Picture mode, to have it work.
>>
>>379668217
>lol, laughing at isnt really caring

Wow the arrogance to your own emotions is sad
>something elicits a response
>nah i don't care
Whatever anon
Enjoy your bubble
>>
File: 1456910866319.png (274KB, 400x543px) Image search: [Google]
1456910866319.png
274KB, 400x543px
>>379668217
>strawpolling an argument
>>
>>379668734
and? 5 people so far think your the crazy one lol. dismissing evidence or opinions because it dosent match your own narrative? totally not paranoia resulting in believing a conspiracy.

lol its six people now. "no one cares". guess Illuminati dont got shit on that jani
>>
>>379669602
>your
>everyone is against me
>>
>>379634340
ive seen numerious threads here on /v/ on the controller and i use it along with a few IRL friends i have that own one.

Its pretty great for PoE, Grim dawn and Civ 5 on my tv.

I use it for most any game save for ps2 emulation because the touch pad stick emulation isnt as accurate as id like
>>
I got mine about a year ago. I didn't like it right out of the box and I naturally kept going back to my 360 controller. I forced myself to use it in more and more games and now it's the only controller I use on my PC.

Of course, most first person games will always work better with traditional K+M. The SC comes pretty damn close and if you put the work into customizing it, it could easily replace your K+M in some instances. Customization is in depth. You can essentially assign every button on the controller with any keyboard or traditional controller inputs (which is nice for games that don't have customization options built in). This also makes it for games like Civilization V (the game Valve uses as an example, but any RTS game works) playable on the couch. There are additional "paddle" buttons behind the grips and it also has a gyroscopic sensor (or something else). The extra paddle buttons definitely took getting used to because it's a new gimmick, but once you get used to it, you can't go back. With the gyro, you can assign lean controls to the gyro, have it be the camera in games, and it can work like a steering wheel in games similar to how the wiimote worked with Mario Kart.

Frankly, most youtube reviewers undersell SC's customization. I can see why some people would hate it though. We're too familiar with plugging things in and having it just work. You need to invest some time playing with the options. It's overwhelming because of how much you can do with it and you aren't provided with any instructions or terminology meanings. You might find yourself doing a lot of trial and error. You can download other people's controller schemes and use them as your own (and fiddle around with them so tailor it more to your liking). My one real serious problem with it is you're forced to use Steam OS when you use the controller in a game. I haven't figured out if there's a way to not go into SOS or at least not have it eat away at my computer.
>>
They dropped the ball by making it PC only. If they could make it work on consoles I'm sure it would have sold a lot better. I would have surely bought it for my PS4
>>
>>379670093
Blame sony ive literally never seen a 3rd party PS4 controller anywhere
>>
>>379670093

Allowing it on consoles would need to allow other mice on consoles; console manufacturers would alienate their own audience.
>>
>>379669747
oh wait you think IM conspiracyanon? thats kinda weird, i mean, i guess i could be crazy to vote agaisnt myself in my own strawpoll
>>
>>379670230
>still going like an energizer bunny
lel'd
>>
>>379670230
are you this starved for attention anon?
does no one love you?
>>
>>379637460
I played dark souls 1+2 on a steam controller . I hate valve but it was a gift. I struggled with it for about 8 hours and when I learned it I ended up g loving it.

I don't use it over a mouse and keyboard though.
>>
does steam ever plan on releasing a new version of it cause i've been waiting for an "updated" version that solves any problems the current user-base had with it.
>>
>>379670162
There's a few, especially recently there's two officially licensed "pro" controllers for the PS4. They are ugly as shit.

>>379670217
But you can use a mouse on a PS4 already, and it's not Sony or Microsoft that block them from working on games it's the devs.
>>
File: 6628876.jpg (35KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
6628876.jpg
35KB, 453x500px
>>379670469
eh, yeah why not. dosent change anything else, im not wrong, conspiracyanon has spent 5 hours not doing the literally 15 second test of making one of his arguments and screenshotting it to prove its deletion, and ive had a laugh outta it, and now 8 people think that guys crazy. all in all a good day at work
>>
File: 1429008294822.gif (966KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
1429008294822.gif
966KB, 245x250px
>Mfw everyone probably thinks this guy still going on about conspiracy anon is me because I started this entire catastrophe
>Haven't been involved for hours at this point
>>
>>379671286
You're the only one assuming conspiracy anon has been here for that long. The only way you can assume this is if you yourself have been here for 5 hours.
>but I'm on call
uh huh
>>
>this faggot is still complaining about a conspiracy
just fuck off already
>>
>>379634993
>>379635223
>The only real problem is literally nobody cares about Steam machines
>>
>>379634340
Steam Controller is okay for a certain subset of people.
I personally love it, but at the same time I have a hard time recommending it to everybody.
Some games I jump to my good old X360 controller, too.
>>
File: oh the huge mantanee.jpg (8KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
oh the huge mantanee.jpg
8KB, 258x195px
>>379671576
which i have been, yeah. we went over this, already, a little while back. i mentioned my job having a lot of free time, what my nearly first post. conspiracyanon started going nuts at this post
>>379655117
which means more like 4 hours ago
>>
>>379672138
>still going
>>
>>379671620
SHOULDNT OF DELETED MY POSTS YA GODDAMN JANITOR
>>
>>379672138
wewlad
>>
>>379672138
it's funny the ones with the most amount of time always shitpost.
it's like they don't want to admit they live a shitty life with nothing else to do
>>
File: comey.jpg (50KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
comey.jpg
50KB, 1200x800px
So if I'm following this thread correctly...

>two anons arguing over whether analog vs k&m is better. The analog anon posts something.
>a nosey janitor comes in and bans analog anon under the pretense that he linked to child porn so that he (mod) could be justified in getting him banned to shut him up.
>however to do this he had to also make that link 404 and get the FBI involved.
>anons hivemind over potential 4chan/tinyurl/FBI collusion that this thread may have ousted.

Am I right so far?
>>
File: 1494556077096.png (3KB, 173x249px) Image search: [Google]
1494556077096.png
3KB, 173x249px
>>379672365
none of the 3 other archive sites picked up his supposed posts, yeah. oh, and no one replied to any of his posts despite it being a on going argument that apparently was replied to, so it couldnt of been a janitor, it would of needed to be a mod, but minor details, so collusion between 4 different places to win an argument over steam controllers

oooorrr he just didnt do the captchas right/crazy. was fun
>>
>>379672521
>still going
>>
>>379672521
>it wasn't me
Which is exactly what someone guilty would say
>>
>>379672736
that im the janitor? or that im conspiracyanon. if the latter, i can settle the score pretty easy: yes, i believe, given the evidence presented that i made a mistake and i really didnt have my posts deleted by a janitor.

if im the janitor then report me because well, revealing and abusing janitor status is grounds for (lol do it for free) dismissal.
>>
>>379672950
>still going
>still making the thread about him
>still being a loser
>>
File: 1428521499528-0.gif (109KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
1428521499528-0.gif
109KB, 209x193px
>>379672736
The anon thats been going for the last 2 hours or so isn't either of the anons from the argument which is the funniest part about all of this.

I'm the alleged janitor, he's arguing against conspiracy anon so he can't be conspiracy anon (well, probably anyway) and conspiracy anon I think might have left ages ago.

I dont know whats real anymore. Maybe I am in a multinational conspiracy with several websites to try and overthrow the tyranny of analog sticks and their constant oppression on the gaming populace of earth.
>>
>>379673243
uh huh
>>
>>379673243
yeah, hes probably long gone and other people are defending his crazyness on top of that, it keeps going, and people think me talking about him is making it about me, even if that would mean ive been shitting on myself for 2 ( 4 hours, little more then at this point )
>mfw i get to do this 5 days a week, shitpost while being paid on call
>>
anyone else laughing at this conspiracy nut job?
>spends 5 hours in a thread claiming he didn't do anything wrong
>>
>>379673546
see now im samefagging myself i guess
>>
>it's funny the ones with the most amount of time always shitpost.
>it's like they don't want to admit they live a shitty life with nothing else to do
really makes you think
>>
>>379673546

leave him alone anon he's got nothing else going for him in life
>>
File: nothing at all.jpg (18KB, 182x217px) Image search: [Google]
nothing at all.jpg
18KB, 182x217px
>>379673630
>right after mentioning im at work and im getting actually paid to shitpost

see, its posts like this that make me think conspiracynon is still here, because how could you willfully ignore half the post to make that poster look bad unless you had a grudge/bone to pick with?
>>
>>379673813
>right after mentioning im at work
on call anon
get your story straight
>making a controller thread about yourself
shame
>>
>faggot is still going
>>
File: 1400731358053.gif (220KB, 280x199px) Image search: [Google]
1400731358053.gif
220KB, 280x199px
>>379673541
>and other people are defending his crazyness on top of that
Go look at the strawpoll anon. Nobody thinks he's not crazy. We've all just been baffled watching you go off about it for like 3 hours straight at this point.
>>
File: answer this m&k defenders.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
answer this m&k defenders.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>379673243
Tyranny of analog sticks?

An analog used to determine resistance and another one for aiming would trump any m&k scheme. This is not including the fact that your fingers work better as triggers on an shoulder button than clicking because you can press in rapid succession while maintaining accuracy. On m&k you have to vibrate your entire hand and throw aim out the window to keep up with a controller.

The tyranny and constant oppression is on k&m. Is it any wonder this thread has become an embodiment of that strife?
>>
File: 1360459074401.jpg (27KB, 380x260px) Image search: [Google]
1360459074401.jpg
27KB, 380x260px
>>379673947
What the fuck is this thread
>>
>strawpoll as an argument
>>
>>379673923
>strawpoll
>>
>>379673890
on call at work, lol, is that hard to imagine. think like an ambulance driver. you think the ambulance goes and picks up the emt from home before going to dying right now? lol no. i wait here, where all my shit is ready to go, and either they come to me, or if they cant, i go to them.

>>379673923
and it was great. slow day, didnt go out once, fucked around here instead. got monaaaay

>>379674084
>>379674093
lol. it wasnt an argument, it was asking peoples opinions...however, thats exactly the wording
>>379668734
>strawpolling an argument
used. huh.

alright gotta drive home, keep this alive for like 25 minutes if we wanna keep at it, but unpaid this time
>>
>>379637460
Pretty much this. There's no excuse why controllers still use thumb sticks.
>>
>still going
>>
>>379674357
>there are people still so late to the thread they havent even gotten to the topic change
>>
>>379674262
>still making it about himself
>>
>>379674408
lol
>>
>actually goes into work when on call
No life detected. Explains the shitposting
>>
>>379674701

Leave him alone anon it's not his fault he's lying on the internet.
>>
>Friday night /v/
>>
>Now anon proceeds to try not to post ITT for exactly 25 minutes and zero seconds to try and convince everyone that he has a job
>>
>>379675013
>pissing off the conspiracy anon
shit nigga what r u doin
>>
>>379674701
lol os this that hard to imagine? You really can't think of a job with shared equipment you go take out only when you need? Pretty stupid for us each to have a 4 grand machine for each guy when we use it about once a week
>>
>>379675013
Oh no I'm posting from my phone too, ended up not driving
>>
File: 1428010651818-2.jpg (39KB, 600x722px) Image search: [Google]
1428010651818-2.jpg
39KB, 600x722px
>>379675216
Aren't you supposed to be on your way home?
>>
>not believing me
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1444004519685.png (51KB, 266x268px) Image search: [Google]
1444004519685.png
51KB, 266x268px
>>379675303
>Want to see this wild ride through
>Not quite 250 post took like over 5 hours
>Could be here until 500 posts the way people keep autistically bumping this thread
>>
>>379675493
>i have to defend myself against accusations that are false

k
>>
>>379675493
didn't mean to reply
>>
>>379634340
I use steam controller to play crpgs and various point'n click games on big screen. It's pretty fucking great. Shame many games don't have proper UI scaling.
>>
>>379647393
>playing DOTA with anykind of controller

no
>>
>>379675554
I replied to my own comment on that psot you paranoid mouthbreather
>>
>>379673947
yeah...Uhhuh. look, i know where they went AFTER the spider hill not before. listen i was there and i understand you had a weeird day 'at work' or watcever but NO I am not going out there with YOU and yOUR enem y and whatever uour'e wishing to struggle with the mountain

2067, 2074, whatever i am not interested in A your bizarre intentions and B your emphasis on the prince album from the old store. i go to the new one now SORRY ifyou don't like it but i want there the other day. issed an LP, but it sounded good the half i got
>>
>>379675303
I am. See, there's this weird thing about cars, you can just be a passenger. Shits cray
>>
>>379675708
>paranoid
says the conspiracy theorist
>>
File: 1492487915116.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1492487915116.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>this cocksucker has literally made a steam controller thread about himself via shitposting and conspiracy crafting
>>
>>379675943
He should at least post his 3x3 so we can judge his shitty tastes
>>
>>379676156
>just his 3x3
should also post dick pic desu
>>
>>379675943
Gimme 5 minutes
>>
>only casual games mentioned
So it's shit at precision?
>>
File: here ya go famalam.jpg (211KB, 1148x548px) Image search: [Google]
here ya go famalam.jpg
211KB, 1148x548px
>>379676156
>>
>good for using my computer through the steam link
>shit at everything else

overall not really worth it unless maybe on sale
>>
>>379678178
would 30 bucks be cheap enough? i was tempted to get one to mess with for that price when its bundled with a game here and there and just sell it for the 40-50 it normally is as used or something if i didnt like it
>>
>>379656862
>in the thread
>in
You have to go back, Paco.
>>
>>379634340
it's fantastic and I love mine. the issue is that it requires Big Picture, which is a fucking atrocity all around.
>>
>>379634993
the trackpad combined with gyro matches or exceeds a mouse.
>>
>>379680668
wait what it does. you cant NOT use big picture?
>>
I want one, my wired 360 controller hasn't died yet.
>>
>>379679154
not really, since they updated steam so you can rebind buttons on pretty much any gamepad now the same way

everything about the controller feels shitty. Even the touchpads feel shitty compared to the vive controller's
>>
>>379647415
>he can't take 30 seconds to throw together a control layout, or just import a community one
>>
>>379663947
I loved that little touchpad.
>>
>>379634340
The point was getting Valve itself to somehow make a shitty controller nobody that wasn't a cocksucking retard actually wanted so they'd end up making a lot of improvements to their Big Picture implemantation to try and justify the existence of their shitty controller only to end up giving in and making a global Xinput wrapper so everyone could use whatever controller they wanted in any game for a real seamless, console-like experience.

The Steam Controller was the hero we didn't need OR want, but it still did more good than harm.
>>
>>379680798
kinda not really. this is to me by far the biggest pitcall of the controller; it amounts to hardware DRM. You can set a desktop configuration, but it's lately been unreliable and every steam update seems to make it worse, so you basically have to be logged into steam at the very least to get your base personal configuration, but if you want to play games with their own customizations, you either have to keep a list of layouts and swap the desktop config to them manually, or launch the games through Big Picture which will automatically use your personalized layout for each game.

Big Picture is fucking horrible to use though, it's like a satire of a modern console's inability to multitask, and penchant for hiding all your shit behind layers of advertising and social media integration. it doesn't even work well with it's own features; trying to use steam chat is a nightmare, and in fact trying to use the controller keyboard UI would crash non-BP steam chat for the longest time.
>>
>>379680798
you can use your pc normally, in the latest steam beta you can configure some settings on the desktop but there is some others that are still only accessible on Big Picture
>>
>>379635112
It's not about them trying, its about them failing.
>>
>>379670837
Das1/2 with m+k?
>>
>>379681021

You've got it backwards. I know you're probably just a kid but, please, do your research. The big picture concept preceded the controller by years, if not half a decade.
>>
>>379681815
I think it's sad that you admit to not being a kid yet you have the reading comprehension of an autistic 5 years old. Kill yourself, cocksucking retard.
>>
>>379681394
what kinda of settings. i dont give a shit about being a couch user and quick menu things, i want to know if i fire up a game without steam running i can use all the controllers keys for whatever in that game. is there gonna be shit like not being able to use the touchpads in certain ways without steam running?
>>
>>379683034
without BP you get one config and limited or no customization of it. if you're playing a game that recognizes controllers natively and has layouts for them, and using m+kb to navigate to the game, rather than the controller itself, you might be fine. otherwise, you're gonna have a shitty time.
>>
>>379684514
fuck
>>
>>379634340
Bioshock 1
>>
>>379634340
I actually wanted one, but they're too expensive here, no second hand and honestly I'm not so sure about the whole "requires Steam" thing. I mean I use Steam, but not for all games and most of my games are pirated, I don't need Gaben to know that I play the definitive version of MW2 with dedicated servers, and Smartsteamemu doesn't work with Steam, so one of the reasons I would want a Steam controller, for LAN parties, just drops out.
>>
>>379634340
>what was the point of this controller and why?

It made it harder to come back to a traditional gamepad because controlling the camera sucks compared to a trackpad.
>>
>>379689742
This. Is there a steam-free wrapper for it?
Thread posts: 269
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.