[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to git gud at Overwatch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 0a1.jpg (62KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
0a1.jpg
62KB, 428x410px
Hello folks. Junkrat main here. Been playing Overwatch every day for the past few weeks, and have not seen any improvement. As a matter of fact, I've deranked a few hundred points. I was at 1785,now I'm at 1544. I realize that I'm not very good, but I need some pointers on how to not be so terrible. I have been trying to stay at the back lines when I'm a squishy hero, and get in front when I'm a tank. Now, I'm a junkrat main, but I do flex quite a bit. I don't play junkrat nonstop(i actually never get to play him cause nobody picks tank or support). Please help. I'm trying so hard and getting nowhere.
>>
>>379633358
>junkrat main
first mistake. i know you're in bronze and probably are a retarded ape that can't aim for shit, but you'll never improve just by playing one of the objectively worse and most worthless heroes in the game

pick up whatever DPS hero (honestly meta doesn't matter in your bracket), git gut at it and just stomp your way to GM just by being mechanically competent (Soldier, McCree, Tracer, Genji, ...)
>>
You have to play Junkrat with no fear, literally suicidal at times
>>
>>379633358
Pick a carry hero.
Roadhog, Sym, Torb and Rein are really good at carrying in low ranks.
You might think I'm joking but low ranks can't aim for shit and a good torb can run around shotgunning everyone.
>>
>>379633738
Well, that's exactly what I'm saying. I realize junkrat isn't a good pick most of the time. But I think I'm okay with him, if there's no pharah on the other team I can make him work. This season, I've played a lot of zarya, Lucio, and soldier, and lately have been playing winston. So I think I'm starting to grip the concept of flexing. It's just that at the low ranks, nobody really has the mindset to improve. Everyone instantly locks in their mains, ya know? I'm to blame too. I don't recognize when to switch or when to push. Or who on the other team is causing trouble for ours. Lol and you're not wrong about me having bad aim, because it's dogshit.
>>
>>379633924
Like Chro? I wish I was crazy as him lol.
>>
>>379633358
post picture of desk including mouse/mouse surface and arm, and then I'll help,
Season 1/2 top 500
>>
>>379634848
I'm on console man
>>
>>379633738

>objectively worse

>objectively

Sounds to me like someone's got his ass blown up too many times.

Next thing you know he'll be saying Symmetra isn't a broken piece of shit.
>>
>>379634949
Please leave then.
>>
junkrat has very limited usefulness, he only shines on maps he can defend with tight choke points, like the dorado bridge choke point before the first cap. if you want to learn pharah, she can do the same dps from across the map and can fly. up until about diamond nobody can hit pharah for shit so you basically have free reign from up there

t. 3600 dps player
>>
>>379635013
Well, he isn't wrong. Junkrat has one of the highest skill ceilings in the game. He isn't for most players, he's really hard to play effectively. And I do pick him in bad situations. But I'm getting out of that habit lol. You're right too, symmetra is broken
>>
>>379635035
Sorry man, I just don't have a pc. Just wanna improve
>>
>>379633358
Tell your team on voice what you're doing.

"Im going after Rein"

"Lucio is low help me kill him"

"Come join me and lets go past this choke together"

"My ultimate is ready for graviton"
"Can you shield me Zarya when i go in"

How in the world can your teammates help you if they dont know what you're trying to do
Are you using voice comms enough ?
>>
Cooperate with your team
Don't just stand there, push forward
Cooperate with your team
Get a team worth cooperating with and cooperate with them

Playing solo is hell unless you stick to the arcade
>>
>>379635478
Yea I usually join voice chat, but I don't usually say much. I'll speak when I'm doing something ballsy, like "I'm going to dive in to get the mercy." or I might point out when a soldier is flanking to try and do his ultimate.
>>
>>379635585
That's one issue. None of my friends ever want to play Overwatch. I'm thinking bout going into the forums to get a team together or something
>>
File: 1486939349473.jpg (338KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486939349473.jpg
338KB, 1280x720px
>>379633358
>1554
jesus christ anon
alright so if you wanna get better you gotta do this. Don't stand in the back all the time like a pussy faggot even if you are playing dps. The biggest thing that bronze player's don't consistently do every game is make a mutual understand between their teammates.
So stop being such an anxiety ridden fucking shit dick and try to make plays and use ults at the same time as your team. Swap to a healer or tank if you the team needs it. You can atleast get youself to the 2000s simply overpowering the enemy team that way
>>
>>379635585
I will say that I'm getting a sense of when to push. I was attacking hanamura first point, and when the enemy rein died at the choke, I said into the mic, "go left go left! The rein is down!" we ended up capping the first point in like 30 seconds lol
>>
>>379633738
Yeah junk is pretty garbage in competitive play upwards of ~2500ish, when people learn to dodge your grenades. I still play him a lot in quickplay but, I've bit the bullet and started playing hitscan for comp. I've picked up soldier and tracer mostly and instalock them. 've learned that if I'm not the one making kills, most of my group wont either. I've made it from gold to low diamond currently.
>>
>>379635996
You are correct. I think the problem with lots of teams is that they just don't grow a pair and go. Sometimes saying, "fuck it!" and pushing is your best play. I get what you're saying, be aggressive and cooperate. And switch when necessary
>>
>>379636358
Yea you have to be a really exceptional junkrat player to play him effectively at higher ranks. Like that one guy said, you just gotta be suicidal and crazy with him to be good with him. But I'm not picking him every game anymore. This season my main pick has been zarya.
>>
Worst thing you can do in Overwatch and especially with Junkrat is DOING DAMAGE THAT DOESNT LEAD TO SOMEONE DYING. This is absolutely the worst thing you need to avoid doing.
>>
>>379636934
True true. It's hard though, it's sort of in junkrats kit to spam, but you can improve aim if you really try.
>>
>>379637070
Carefully and good placed traps catch even high rank players off guard and lets you get guaranteed kills. Your Concussion mine is an excellent tool for executing enemies since the blast radius is quite big and its hard to outrun it.
>>
>>379633358
Simple advice:
Honestly if you aren't a shit Junkrat and know what you're doing, both right and wrong, go for it. Know your limits though, and try to main at least a couple backup heroes you know just as well as Junk.
>>
>>379637070
Shoot to kill. If you're randomly spamming somewhere you cant see you're just letting enemy Ana just build nano boost from your grenades.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.