[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mario Deluxe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: super_mario_bros._deluxe.jpg (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
super_mario_bros._deluxe.jpg
61KB, 400x400px
I trust that I'm not alone in discovering this games existence as a result of the "Deluxe" tag being added to Switch ports?
Has anyone who didn't know about it until recently tried it out? Or if you knew about it all along, how is it?
>>
I owned a huge poster of that artwork, fell off my wall at night and shattered the glass cover

Pretty sure I had the game too, if I recall correctly it was SMB with save states and a ton of little unlockables including printable images with that expansion
>>
When pirating back in the day, this is the game that made me feel like I had crossed a line. Like, everything else up to that point was on old deceased consoles, games that I had owned/rented in the past.

But the GBC was new. This game was in the store. It had a pricetag. And I fucking downloaded it. I felt like such a scumbag that I couldn't enjoy it.
>>
Easily the best version of the game. One of my all time favorites.

I love how niggers are pretending Deluxe versions of game are a bad thing. Link's Awakening and this are two of my favorite games ever.
>>
it has both smb1 and lost levels along with some bonuses, but the zoomed screen makes it hard to play.
>>
Game was tight as hell.
>SMB1
>Lost Levels
>Boo Race Mode
>Hidden Yoshi Eggs
Then 5 years later or so they tried to release SMB1 itself on a GBA cart.
>>
>>379626291
No they skipped it and launched the gba with super mario world 2, and that messed up the numbering for the gba series
>>
File: tumblr_ojybs6J9fP1rrftcdo1_500.png (24KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojybs6J9fP1rrftcdo1_500.png
24KB, 500x450px
>>379625737

It's literally a port of super mario bros (and the lost level) that suck shit because the screen is half the size of what it's supposed to be

it also has some fun gadget like a luck predicting machine that are fun to fuck about for around 5 minutes
>>
>>379626291
It was part of the NES classics series. To be fair mario bros 2 and 3 both had the deluxe treatment.
>>
>>379625737
Getting 100% on this game is a bitch.
>>
>>379626170
>Easily the best version of the game.
I have to disagree.
The smaller view distance really hurts it.
All the extra content and shit is great but it just needs a larger field of view.
>>
File: smb nes and gbc.png (7KB, 971x486px) Image search: [Google]
smb nes and gbc.png
7KB, 971x486px
It has some neat extra features, but the reduced field of vision is painful.
>>
>>379625737
If not for the horrible screen scrunch it would be the best version of the game.
>>
>>379625737
>got this game for Christmas
>parents' friend's son with down syndrome wants to play it
>forced to let him borrow it
>never saw it again
Fuck yourself, Justin
>>
>>379625737
First GBC game I ever owned. I spent a ton of time playing this as a kid, but nowadays I feel that the screen size is a crippling flaw. If it were released today with full screen size and all of the extras the game had, it'd probably be the definitive SMB game.
>>
File: wariofinger.gif (29KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
wariofinger.gif
29KB, 210x240px
>>379630186
>rom hackers will never port SMBDX as faithfully as NES hardware would allow with full expanded screen space
Oh well, at least SML2 is getting the DX treatment with playable Luigi
>>
File: 1490845524101.jpg (27KB, 325x382px) Image search: [Google]
1490845524101.jpg
27KB, 325x382px
>>379632635
>putting Luigi in a Land game
>>
>>379632824
There will be a version of the patch with it excluded for purists but the way they implemented it was pretty clever
The wall to the right on the select file screen is no longer solid and if you walk in, Luigi walks out and vice versa
>>
>>379633345
Huh, well despite my autism the guy making it sounds like a thoughtful and considerate guy, I'm glad he's doing that and I wish him well. Who is it, what other hacks has he done?
>>
>>379633541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNaSz-vWmDQ
Toruzz on RHDN
He's doing a colorized version of For The Frog The Bell Tolls which is the non-Zelda companion game to Link's Awakening
>>
File: Sable.jpg (570KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sable.jpg
570KB, 700x900px
>>379634294
>Frog the Bell Tolls Deluxe
Nice
>>
>>379625737
it was great
>>
I got it free on the 3DS eshop for some reason I can't remember. I hardly played the main game because i didn't like the small field of view, but the red coin challenge and Boo race modes were good.
>>
>>379625737
I've found it yesterday in my cellar. Still works.
>>
Shit came out at the same time the GBC came out.

How young are you?
>>
>>379625737

I played the hell out of the extra modes. Was a great game.
>>
>>379626065
you are a huge faggot
>>
>>379630186
That does look pretty EXTREME.
>>379636038
>>379636823
I think these extra modes are enough to swing it for me though.
>>379636597
I am in my third year of wizardry. I even had a GBC too, played lots of LA and MGS.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.