[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ never give Sega the respect they deserve?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: nexus2cee_2000px-SEGA_logo.svg_.png (74KB, 2000x667px) Image search: [Google]
nexus2cee_2000px-SEGA_logo.svg_.png
74KB, 2000x667px
Why does /v/ never give Sega the respect they deserve?
>>
>>379623964
/v/ is too new to know what Sega is OP
>>
gayga
>>
>>379624674
Fpbp, /v/ is full of numale 16 year old faggots. Being 24 years old and still using this goddamn website has been extremely depressing. The changes in moderation alone are enough to make me want to become an hero.
>>
>>379625912
It'll only get worse too.
>>
>>379627318
Yeah man, I just wish we could go back to the days where moot would ban faggots for being outside of /lgbt/. Would solve alot of problems.
>>
>>379623964
Because they haven't made a console in 19 years and the ones they made previously were marketed towards the cool kids who have since moved on with their lives. Considering this place's patrons are 90% underaged and 10% 30 year olds nintardos who think it's acceptable to still play pokemon, it's really no wonder.
>>
File: DAufWgIXgAAkdII.png (312KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
DAufWgIXgAAkdII.png
312KB, 600x406px
>>379629525
>those metrics
Underage b&
>>
>>379623964
>Literally in a Toys R' Us on the launch day of Sega Saturn
>Watched as dozens of parents were dragged into the store by their children, then watched as they dragged their children out
Wanted to buy one with my pocket change/allowance money, with tax it came out to $520 with accessories. Forty more than I had.
>>
/v/ is mostly normies who haven't played on anything sega and think the dreamcast is the worst console ever made.
>>
>>379623964
Because the last time they where relevant as anything other then a third party publishers and the company that still panders to furry autist by pumping out shitty sanic games was close to two decades ago.

They where amazing in their hayday but much like other big 80's and 90's Japanese companies they've gone to shit
>>
Because Yakuza is permanently Sony exclusive and thats the only decent series they still make
>>
i cant help but think of xenon screaming 'sega' every time i see anything by sega
>>
>>379629953
*Coming Soon to PC
>>
>>379623964
Because they fell harder than Nintendo and have basically accepted their lot in life as an errand boy to the big boys who still manufacture games machines.
>>
>>379623964
I still love them but I was really disappointed when the ps2 dropped and sega went full-blown "Welp! we tried!" instead of continuing to back the Dreamcast or try to push for develop more open-world games or revive good franchises like finishing and releasing toejam and earl 3, or bringing in a new kid chameleon game, or god forbid a newer generation streets of rage.

They blew it by being bitches and not standing up for their product. If they don't support their product, why should I?
>>
File: Heyman2.jpg (27KB, 404x303px) Image search: [Google]
Heyman2.jpg
27KB, 404x303px
>>379629608
>that face portal when
>>
>>379630543
I wouldn't support a product whose controller looks like a horrible accident between a gameboy and an Xbox controller
>>
>>379630249
As if
The crusty old executives at Sega of Japan probably don't even know that people play games on PC
>>
>>379630843
they could have revised it, many third party hardware devs did to make fighter pads.

Honestly though, the crosspad was still miles better than that concave cereal bowl of shit that microsoft turned d-pads into. Thank god they fixed it when they made the xboner controllers.
>>
>>379623964
Because they still possess so many licenses that they'll never use because the only games that make money for them are Sonic and Football Manager.

Streets of Rage 4 never.
>>
I do
>>
File: sega ips.jpg (2MB, 2865x2290px) Image search: [Google]
sega ips.jpg
2MB, 2865x2290px
>>379631178
>>
After the whole PSO2 string along I just quit caring about them. Can't take them seriously after a reputation of just flat-out bullshit. It's not like vidya is a starving market.
>>
>>379628002
Same with getting poltards to stay in their containment board
>>
>>379623964
>respecting the guys that make Sonic
>>
>>379623964
Because they were the sonybros of the 2D era.
>>
>>379632495
Wow, that a shit ton of dead IPs. Thanks based Sega I guess.
>>
>>379630543
They were losing about $100 per console sale, and nobody was buying games since everyone knew a guy that'd sell burned dreamcast games so they weren't making back that loss in game sales.
>>
>>379623964
They used to make gaming consoles :gamegear, master system, genesis, saturn, and dreamcast. Now they just make games. They should make a new gaming console.
>>
>>379633116
No, Nintendo were the Sonybros of that era
>>
>>379623964
/v/ is Nintendo Central
>>
Nigga please, I've always respected Sega. Sega just hates me.

New Shinobi game when?
>>
>>379623964
Sega doesn't give Sega the respect they deserve
>>
>>379633763

>tfw a Shinobi movie will come out before a game
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/shinobi-movie-marc-platt-1201763552/
>>
>>379634075

Shiet forgot about this. I'm partially excited for it.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.