[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFXV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

>downgrades your combat

https://youtu.be/Pgf-Dme7GE4?t=5m29s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5_8kyz7o6I

what did Tabata mean by this?
>>
>removed the command menu
>removed actual magic
>removed actual combos
FUCKING WHY?!
>>
that's why they call him one button tabata
>>
File: tabata on pressing buttons.png (12KB, 623x160px) Image search: [Google]
tabata on pressing buttons.png
12KB, 623x160px
>>379620341
i'll never understand how anyone can think that this is okay
>>
>>379621107
Probably because the way it actually works is functionally the same as if you had to manually press the button for each hit in your directional combos, and you may in fact find it easier if you do it that way with the shitty default control scheme. You still have to press the botton a second time with correct timing to perform finishers.
>>
>>379619629
>posting xv-kun's video
The irony
>>
>>379621107
>It's like this because I don't want to have to play the game myself
>>
>>379621107

>shit on turn-based fags for wanting the old shit back
>this image

pottery
>>
File: 1394352923451.png (67KB, 1120x977px) Image search: [Google]
1394352923451.png
67KB, 1120x977px
>>379621107
No wonder this game was a pile of shit
>>
>>379621107
Honestly, I got past the "hold the button" shit early on. It's dumb but I can live with the streamlining.

After fighting the Level 120 Nafagir last night however, the real problem with the combat is the balance is completely and utterly fucked. If it's weaker enemies you just spam attacks or warpstrike everything to death. But for the bosses and tough fights, you're encouraged to cheese through using the same techniques over and over like Overwhelm, and it's like bashing your face against a wall and spamming curatives until you run out or the wall breaks first.

I've seen players "git gud", but the game just doesn't feel responsive enough to really let you play it well, especially with those fucking drawn out animations for every little thing, and every single knockdown, every single hit you take, action you do, etc. pauses you up for so long and not even for punishing reasons.

Why am I playing this again after ignoring it since December? Fucking hell it's like an abusive relationship.
>>
square clearly isn't on the top of jRPGs anymore

question is, who is?

Is it Atlus or Monolith Soft?
>>
File: 1496868831058.png (227KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496868831058.png
227KB, 512x512px
>>379621107

*beep boop*
>>
All the combat downgrades listed: https://sites.google.com/site/darkwavestyle/games-research/final-fantasy-15/ffxv-not-a-good-action-game
>>
It's weird because despite how shitty his combat style is overall, Gladiolus' gameplay is refined in comparison to Noctis'. Even if abusing parries is too easy.

Even though Gilgamesh isn't really "hard", it also doesn't help that they tried to go all Dark Souls with his boss fight for a game that really can't handle precise combat.
>>
>>379627193
It's still the same auto aim bullshit and auto attack select bullshit right?
>>
>>379627929
Pretty much, the core is still garbage. Building up meter to unleash techs, and having to either block or time dodges on your own accord is neat at least, but it's too easy.
>>
>>379619629
He meant catering to the fanbase through surveys because he's creatively bankrupt.
>>
At least they brought in a ringer for the DLC music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jro_IzMFBbU
>>
>>379624587
Personally I feel Atlus but both have been pretty good so far.
>>
>>379624097
After i while i just nuked everything in endgame with magic. The balance is basicly non existant, it feels like noone tested this shit at all. It's like KH BBS, where you have tons of options but 90% of them are useless compared to 3-4 skills you can do to crush the whole game
>>
>>379629369
I personally think while atlus pumps out more good games within a time period, the games MS pumps out push the genre forward more
>>
>>379621107

> and the AI intuitively outputs an action that kind of satisfies, gives you that instant gratification.

Kind of reminds me of a video of a Kinnect game I once saw where the vehicle would just run the whole course by itself if you didn't do anything. He basically just wants the game to give you an ego boost and nothing more.
>>
>>379630468
That's not how the game actually works though, so I'm not sure why people are taking that quote seriously. There's no AI control over your combos.
>>
>>379624587
>Dragon Quest doesn't exist
>>
>>379631598
dragon quest is as standard as you can get with jRPGs, while consistent in quality it's never phenomenal
>>
>>379630468
If only it would actually work like that, the AI just does random shit most of the time, misses 90% of the time or takes you out of your combo with dumb link strikes
>>
>>379631598
As a metric of good modern JRPGs? No, it doesn't exist. It's been deliberately repackaging the same experience for decades. That's its selling point.
>>
>>379619629

>finally get king weapons
>they are fucking useless since they just kill you while you do same fucking damage as iron sword

stupid ass game
>>
>>379630761
But it does decide what attacks come out based on what direction you're facing instead of the direction of the stick, and this cannot be altered during gameplay, and it also decides what attacks come out based on distance to the enemy, being a major annoyance in high level air combos.
>>
>>379621107

>kind of satisfies
>KIND OF SATISFIES
>KIND OF FUCKING SATISFIES

THEY NAILED THAT FEEL BECAUSE SASUKE IS FLYING EVERYWHERE ON MY SCREEN AND IT'S KIND OF SATISFRYING TO SEE HIM ZIP AROUND SO MUCH BUT WHY THE FUCK IS HE DOING IT WHILE I PRESS CIRCLE GOD DAMN IT STAY ON THE GROUND YOU FUCK
>>
>>379621678
One works to trigger something in your brain where combat clicks, the other doesn't and makes it feel unresponsive and ruins the animations. Ill let your dumb brain figure it out
>>
>>379632013
Sasuke is really cool
>>
File: iveseensomeshit.jpg (37KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
iveseensomeshit.jpg
37KB, 200x200px
>tfw you waited 10 years for this
>didn't even buy it

After the phantom pain I'm being extra careful.
>>
>>379626207
a fucking men. Virtually everything I said and they can add more to it.

-The fact you cannot swap weapons whilst running
-The fact they reduced the amount of slotable weapons
-The fact that animations were butchered to accommodate for the hold down functions
>>
>>379631930
wut
You didn't play the game at all, did you? I didn't particularly like it, but even I know that's not how it works. Combos are always determined by what you're doing with the stick, and ranged attacks are consistently applied. There's no AI involved except with your party members getting in the way.
>>379632104
>i'll let you figure out the point i don't have
>>
>>379624587
They also suck at graphics now.

I used to think they made the best graphics in the entire world as a kid. Vidya wise
>>
>>379632581
fuck off shill. Your game is shit. and having your back faced towards an enemy does a turn around attack instead of a normal one.
>>
>>379632853
And that isn't AI, because that always happens. That's like calling fighting game move sets AI because being in certain positions is required to perform certain moves.
>>
Just stop with the overload of animations, most of htem just get in the way especially since they're mostly based on holding the button so they always have this weird abrupt ending if you don't keep going because they're basicly built to loop for a while. Just make good simple and fast animations that work well even KH2 did it better and it's a fucking retarded disney ff fanfic
>>
How long till Nier outsells FFXV?
>>
>>379632971
I didn't call it AI. I said literally: "But it DOES decide what attacks come out based on what direction you're facing."

In fighting games however you change your position when you want during a combo, and in FFXV you can only do that when NOT attacking, or during the final frames of a dodge roll.
>>
>>379633260
Won't happen and it really doesn't need to happen. It all depends on the budget. Automata sold 1/4 of XV, but i highly doubt that Nier had even 1/10 the budget of XV
>>
>>379632509
-The fact you cannot swap weapons whilst running
He'll stop running right? I think you can switch weapons while moving forward by jumping and then doing it.

-The fact they reduced the amount of slotable weapons
used to be 5 in the e3 2013 trailer i think

-The fact that animations were butchered to accommodate for the hold down functions
well the animations look a lot more fluid, but they looked a lot more intense in old gameplay videos because they could be interrupted and combo'd.
>>
>>379633336
It's a discussion of "AI" because that's what the quote is talking about. If you're taking his quote as accurate, you're suggesting the game's control issues are because of this alleged AI, not just being imprecise and obnoxious to time properly.
>>
>>379633697
I wasn't talking about AI. I hooked into your conversation with him because I understood what he meant and clarified it with correct information.
>>
Sounds retarded, but it should've been more videogamey. All the animations look fine, but most of them are just useless inconsitent style over substance shit
>>
>>379633872
All right then. All I was saying is the AI isn't responsible for how Noctis handles. It is responsible for your party members constantly interfering with what you're doing, but that's a separate issue.
>>
There is a clear consensus about the combat. Square enix however doesn't understand this shit because they have too many old people making decision for casualization reason. They were always like this. They removed Cecil's Dark Wave attack from the western releases of FF4 because it would be too complicated otherwise. They're literally retarded and don't listen to what people want.
>>
>>379621107
>wait 10 years for the game
>get 1 button combat

JUST TABATA MY SHIT UP F A M
>>
>>379634498
We'll get our intended combat as a final dlc for the game. They pulled a bait and switch and are going to sell it to us later.
>>
>>379634591
Nah, the final significant DLC will probably be the dreaded multiplayer.
>>
>>379634707
But it will have character creation right? How will the classes play differently? They'll all play the same as noctis? I think not.
>>
>>379634707
I don't get why they won't just release the 3 DLCs and be done with it, sure giving out free updates is fine and all, but they take for fucing ever and if they really add all the stuff from the survey to the game it will take 3-4 years. In the meantime the team could already make another game with the engine and improve it. I highly doubt that they love working on it for the rest of their life, it will barely be the same game at that point it's already going down the offline MMO route
>>
>>379634878
Yes, they showed a screenshot or something of that a while back. No idea how that would actually work.
>>379635054
I don't know, anon. It seems extremely stupid to me too. There can't possibly be that many people who want to pick this game up two years later so they can do multiplayer with 4-hour loading screens or add a gary stu to the party.
>>
>>379635054
They try to save the brand image. They know that the game is early access tier shit and they are aware that a lot of people hate it. This is why they still haven't dropped the support of the game. So basically: damage control.
>>
Man, its not hard. They fucking had it. They did.

It was KH2 with projection magic and teleporting. Command menu and all, and armger probably being a sub for drive forms. It was simple. We all KNEW how it would play just looking at the gameplay vids before the one button revamp.
>>
>>379624587
Monosoft for world building and writing
Atlus for presentation and gameplay
>>
>>379637165
>atlus
>gameplay
>>
>>379637165
gameplay wise monolith has atlus beat in exploration, combat is a different story though
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.