[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AUTISM VIDYA HABITS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: AUTISM SPEAKS.png (41KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
AUTISM SPEAKS.png
41KB, 666x666px
I restart every game I play like a dozen fucking times. Then I get bored and move on. I beat like two games a year.

Share your vidya autism so we can take solace in the fact that we're not alone.
>>
I milk the fun out of every game I play over the course of a week and never play it again
>>
>>379619027
Wow... so autistic... Wow...
>>
>>379618864

I used to do that when I was younger. That's not autism buddy, that's either OCD or a version of ADHD, OR even both.
>>
I slow down when I know I'm getting near the end of a game to draw the experience out.
>>
>>379619402
I got ADHD, but how is it ADHD?

What symptom is that?
>>
>>379619641
There are many different symptoms to many different types of focused adhd.

Shit like over-focused adhd which is known for obsessive compulsive-like behavior and being stuck in negative loops

http://www.adhd-health.com/philosophy/adhd-6types-type3-5.php
>>
I always increase numbers beyond what is reasonably expected of the player to obtain just to see how many digits the designers accounted for.
>>
>>379619959
I'mma read that right now, but how did you cure yours?
>>
>>379620021
I haven't completely and I'm pretty depressed, finally starting to see a therapist though.

Though before I saw a therapist I stopped traits like in your OP on my own. You just need to deal with the shitty feeling of not restarting. It's harder and more intense for some more than others.
>>
>>379620427
Yeah. That's how I cured my other vidya autism habits like compulsive reloading and shit.

Did you switch games a lot when you first started sitting with that shitty feeling? Would you recommend sticking with one game?
>>
I feel an irrational need to 100% all the games I play. I just can't finish the main plot without all the collectibles and shit. I still have to force myself to play Dying Light (headshot challenge) and DOOM (missed ONE FUCKING SECRET - time to replay the level).
>>
>never use consumables because I might need them later, even if I'm currently in tough situation
>finish games with full inventory of shit
>>
>>379621086
I'm trying to hard to give up the collectibles meme. It's just autism bait. I'm convinced nobody truly enjoys that garbage.

It just sucks when developers lock content behind that shit. Like fuck off, dude. I don't wanna scour the map for shitty little trinkets. I hate using guides, so half the time I'll never EVER get them all.

100% feel your pain.
>>
>>379621292
I beat that habit. Now I'm more likely to not have special ammo when I need it.

95% of the time shit works out just fine, though. Even on the highest difficulty.
>>
I have a habit similar to this. Whenever I get far in something, I just have a need to completely restart. Makes playing MMO's a pain in the ass since I'll be at endgame content and decide the best course of action would be to delete my character.
>>
>>379621689
DUDE

OP HERE

YOU KNOW MY PAIN
>>
If I find a game I really like I'll play the shit out of it until it's finished. I don't 100% or anything, but I'll stay up all night if I enjoy the game enough.
Not sure if autism or if just ingrained from only being able to play games on the weekends
>>
I save in a different slot every time i think i lost too much ammo/health/items. After i finish the game i usually have like 20 different saves.
I almost never end up loading any of the old saves
>>
I restart the fuck out of games until I know the best way to do certain things.

Like in Destiny, I remade the same Hunter at least 12 times, just so I could say that I leveled up the single most efficient way possible. There's a reason I have 3.5k hours in the game.
>>
>>379620758
It was awhile ago, so don't remember exactly what I did but I would recommend picking one or two games and sitting with the feeling like you said until those games are done or you know you've had enough of it because you don't like it or it dragged too long. It's not good to switch only on your impatience. Mostly because I switched a lot and finished low amounts of games when I stopped restarting games, now just starting and finishing a game feels like a hassle.

Switching a lot will ruin games for you if you're anything like me. What you're doing is just trying to find stimulation in starting and doing something new instead of sticking through for a richer experience and that stimulation ruins your patience for the more boring parts in vidya.

If it's hard to do then shit like exercise and meditation helps a lot.

You'd be better off doing your research and asking a therapist rather than asking me though. I only know my own experiences and we're probably different.
>>
I constantly save the game before every little thing in games like Skyrim, where an enemy could show up anytime even though it could be weak.

I sometimes give up on games before finishing them, even if the game is really good. I did this to Yakuza 0. I'll go back to it soon, the reason I did it is because I've gotten new games after it.

When I used to play Pokemon, I would repeatedly press the B button when I threw a pokeball because I thought it would help catch it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.