[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the best meta.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1910.jpg (34KB, 702x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1910.jpg
34KB, 702x380px
Redpill me on the best meta.
>>
Paper

Most people barely ever go for scissors, and you start in rock formation.
>>
>>379617398
rock cause its the strongest one
>>
>>379617685
Scissors is the normy choice. It's the dps of the game.
>>
Always pick scissors don't listen to this fag >>379617685
>>
>>379617685
Fpbp
Scissors requires too much effort, and normies can't into basic strategy. Throw paper and you'll almost always win or tie
>>
>>379617398
My friends always start with scissors, so rock
>>
>>379617398
>rock is a good tank
>scissors is great dps
>paper is good at ???
How can paperfags even compete?
>>
>>379617398
Throw rock First if you're playing against a normie, throw paper if it's someone a little more experienced or who knows you better. only throw scissors first if they're autistically good at the game.
>>
>>379617960
Paper is mage
>>
Always go for the landslide, three rocks in a row. Those fuckers never see it coming.
>>
>>379617398
>Try to hit a pair of scissors with a rock
>It survives
>Try to wrap a rock with paper
>Rock cuts through once I pick it up
???
>>
I think Rock Paper Scissors is really interesting because what seems like a pretty simple game of chance is actually a ridiculously complex mindgame

What's the videogame equivalent of Rock Paper Scissors?
>>
>>379618104
Really? Cause I like to make it rain paper!
>>
>>379617398
Rock dominates the meta because of its ability to karacancel into scissors
>>
>always pick the same thing every time
>until you're playing for something important
>suddenly switch out what you usually pick and blow the other guy the fuck out
>>
>>379618370
>Playing rulesets that allow cancels
>>
File: IMG_0405.png (2MB, 1064x983px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0405.png
2MB, 1064x983px
>>379617685
Literally everyone I've played against throws paper first round.
>>379617868
Literally wrong
Paper actually takes the most effort, you have to straighten all five of your fingers as opposed to just two for scissors. Also, bear in mind that paper is the easiest to cheat with, because moving all five fingers out from rock formation looks more natural than just the two, or, closing them again once they're in paper formation. Not only this, but scissors is one of the easiest to read, as it stands out more, giving the player more time to decide whether or not they want to remain rock or swap to paper. Scissors is garbage, end of discussion.
>>
rock always win
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (6KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
6KB, 300x200px
How do you deal with hackers?
>>
>>379618156
bushido blade
>>
Paper is used by high tier players
Rock is for noobs
Scissors are OP pls nerf
>>
>>379618836
Throw rock, but target their face instead of their throw.
>>
>>379617398
Paper vs chads
Scissors vs betas
Works like a charm
>>
>>379618156
street fighter 5
>>
Paper has poison as a 2nd type. Great if used properly.
>>
>>379619075
Paper has such a high skill ceiling, when you master the crane technique not even scissorfags can beat you
>>
lets get real for a minute how the fuck would paper beat rock ever?

paper is flimsy as shit and used by literal nerds while rock has been crafted by the sands of time into a nearly impervious hulk of strength
>>
File: 1484107739294.png (326KB, 356x651px) Image search: [Google]
1484107739294.png
326KB, 356x651px
>>379617398
Tell people you always go scissors before playing. Then always go scissors. You win every time because their nerves always fail them and they throw paper thinking you're trying to trick them.
>>
>that kid who used real scissors after the brat bullshits you
>>
>>379618661
>Paper actually takes the most effort, you have to straighten all five of your fingers as opposed to just two for scissors.

Fun fact: This isn't how the brain works. When you extend all five fingers it's not your brain telling you to extend all five fingers, it's telling you to close the rest of your fingers.
>>
If people tell you that they suck at RPS or always lose they probably throw scissors most of the time. unless they are super skilled, I guess.
>>
File: 1467952126871.jpg (217KB, 957x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1467952126871.jpg
217KB, 957x1300px
Rock is inversatile, and effectively immovable. While this is a great counter to scissorfags, it's no help against paper. The paper is just too quick and flexible, it can be blown around, thrown, and actually take quite a bit of punishment, however, once it "covers" rock, it gains all the rock's positive attributes while retaining its own- completely erasing the rock's own identity while becoming unstoppable.
>>
>>379620302
>Scratch a rock with scissors
>Just a minor scratch
>Scratch paper wrapped around a rock
>The paper tears
I don't follow.
>>
>>379618156
Starcraft
>>
rock < paper < scissors <<< brown bricks
>>
>Not using subliminal messaging to force your opponent to make the throw you want
Well, it works about 3 times before they catch onto you, or you stop having good ideas on how to insert the idea.
>>
I swear most people go scissors round 1.
>>
>>379617398
All three are perfectly balanced.
>>
>>379620004
>Fun fact: This isn't how the brain works. When you extend all five fingers it's not your brain telling you to extend all five fingers, it's telling you to close the rest of your fingers.
What do you mean by this? This thread potentially just got really interesting.
>>
Just say "show me rock" before and follow their hand movement from rock to see what's the appropriate move
>>
File: By5BoJPCYAA5QPR.jpg (29KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
By5BoJPCYAA5QPR.jpg
29KB, 600x446px
>>379617398

Rock wins 50% of the time because of human nature. Most people associate scissors with strength and try to open with that. Rock wins. Most people associate paper with weakness and won't use it until they are losing. So rock comes out either as a tie or victory.

Then any time you see your opponent lose to rock, you follow it up with paper and the same tie or victory scenario repeats.

The game is really easy once you understand the basics of human nature. Problems only occur when you face someone who also understands these things. But once you identify this, you just reverse your strategy.
>>
https://rpsls.net/?random

lets do this faggots
>>
>>379621719
>Lizard
>Spock
Why though? Why are we adding two new moves? What's the meta of THIS?
>>
>>379621883
The meta is convincing whoever you are playing with that lizard or spock actually deafeat whatever your he used
This is why it is only fun IRL
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.