[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>metal gear solid 5 was supposed to finish the franchise >It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 512
Thread images: 103

File: image.png (155KB, 350x301px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
155KB, 350x301px
>metal gear solid 5 was supposed to finish the franchise
>It finished nothing
>Now we will never get to see Big Boss' side of things during the rise of Outer Heaven
>We will never see him build metal gear
>We will never see him raise his outer heaven army while Venom was building his own
>We will never see him meet young Sniper Wolf
>Never see him train Solid Snake
>Never see him become the villain of the original games
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
>>
>>379614043
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg
>>
>>379614043
>Paying $60 for a game with microtransactions and real life timers on progression
I fell for the meme too, but I regret it.
>>
Why the fuck do you think we need to see every little detail?

>Oh man we never saw Big Boss recruit Kaz so we need a prequel to Peace Walker
>There's so many stories to tell between MGS 2 and 4 so let's make a game about Snake aging while traveling around the world
>I want a pachinko game about Hal pissing himself as a kid. We never saw that before!

Fuck off. You're the kind of person that wants the Aliens from Ridley Scott movies to have an origin.
>>
>>379614472
Hope you enjoy metal gear survive
>>
>>379614043
>was supposed to
kek, you sound like a spoiled child.
>>
>>379614824
>I paid $60 for a rushed and unfinished game
I'm a little upset
>>
>>379614647
>not wanting to see every little detail in a series makes you a Survive-fag
Fuck you
>>
>>379614043
MGS4 had enough fan service for me thanks.

Whilst I think MGSV utterly dropped the ball with the potential for it's story, I always think it should have been a new story.
>>
MGS4 was supposed to be the real last one. MGS5 wasn't necessary to begin with.
>>
File: 1496122124450.png (207KB, 903x702px) Image search: [Google]
1496122124450.png
207KB, 903x702px
>Playing Metal Gear Solid V
>Want a new gun
>Have to wait 3 real hours for it to finish
>>
>>379614934
>rushed
Sure, 4 years of dev time is very rushed. That's why the game is technically flawless.
>unfinished
Nigger. One boss fight was cut. One. The rest are some imaginary Chapters that you and another 20 retards on /v/ created while hyping the game as the best game of all time.

Want to know how much was cut from V?
I'll give you a Peace Walker example. Let's say that the ending of that game is the same ( Kaz revealing the Cipher bits and Big Boss giving that speech) but instead of fighting Paz and Zeke, she flees with Zeke and is never heard from again.

That's how much was cut from V story wise. A boss fight.
>>
Paging Dr. Carmel
>>
>>379614043
The problem with the non-Snake Eater prequel games is that they fell into the trap that so many prequels do, wherein they don't stick to the continuity and take the sequel approach of "bigger and better" especially in terms of technology. I mean for fuck's sake, now there's a Metal Gear that was built in 1974 powered by artificial intelligence and more advanced than the TX-55 or even fucking Rex? Don't even get me started on Saltypus and the iDroid.

The worst part is that there was fantastic potential with sticking to continuity and period accuracy. Low-tech sneaking, neat historical stuff and awesome period-accurate Cold War operator kino. Making the Big Boss era much more operator/boots in the mud soldier focused would have really differentiated it from the nanomachines, high-tech personal radars, robo-ninjas etc of the Solid Snake era and given you a greater appreciation for the skill of Big Boss. Plus it would have really been satisfying to see a natural progression from the piece of shit Shagohod into the TX-55 we get in Metal Gear.

TL;DR: >tfw no African rhodie operator kino MGS
>>
File: 1496533758434.jpg (54KB, 635x469px) Image search: [Google]
1496533758434.jpg
54KB, 635x469px
>>379615326
MGSV is extremely shit and cut content is one of the small reasons why. There are plenty of other reasons why but cut content isn't the "ONLY" reason.
>>
>>379615639
>extremely shit
again, you sound like a spoiled child who calls everything he doesn't like shit.
>cut content
I'll let you in on a secret, buddy. Every game has cut content. Every game.
>>
>>379614043
>tfw no Big Boss 90s MGS building the original Outer Heaven in South Africa.
>>
>>379614472
This. Everything we needed to know about why Big Boss formed Outer Heaven we could infer from MGS3, specifically the ending.
>>
>>379615326
Then explain all the cutscene footage from the trailers that wasn't in the actual game
>>
File: 1495828984553.jpg (283KB, 1242x1194px) Image search: [Google]
1495828984553.jpg
283KB, 1242x1194px
>>379615803
Nope the game is extremely shit. It was extremely well polished between the first time you enter Afghanistan to Early Africa missions. The rest of the game is complete shit.
-Awful one sided/coin flip FOB invasions
>Shallow buggy Peer2Peer Run up and punch MGO3
-Real life wait times for the construction of bases and weapons
-Over powered Companions that cost almost nothing to bring a long
>Mission score system will give you the highest score no matter what as long as you do it fast
-No way to have multiple saves/starting a new game with a higher difficulty
-Replaying missions
-Blatant marketing lies about what the story will be and missing cut scenes
-Shitty good/evil points
-No codec
-Non Lethal and fultons = Best way to play/ Most rewarding way to play/ Easiest way to play
-The Jeep ride
-Shota Psycho
-Parasites
-Everything about Quite
-Replaying the same fucking missions
-Replaying the same fucking intro mission
>>
>>379615386
Stop it!
>>
File: image.jpg (183KB, 1480x833px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 1480x833px
>>379616434
>Everything about Quiet
You watch your FUCKING MOUTH
>>
File: 20160902210106_1.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160902210106_1.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
>>379614043
>muh revenge of the sith plot
I liked tpp. It's a flawed masterpiece. Not to mention it's the most misunderstood game since mgs2. Both in story and in gameplay.
It was a pretty decent send off for MGS, I liked Kojima's nods to the fans and the themes the story handled.
It's only held back by being ultimately rushed out the door.

People who are mad about tpp honestly set themselves up for disappointment by blindly falling for the trailers. I went in with an open mind and I thoroughly enjoyed the time with it, which ended up being around 450 hours.
>>
>>379616434
>-Shitty good/evil points

I think with that Kojima was trying to make the idea of Venom Snake being the myth/legend of Big Boss into a gameplay mechanic, but then wanted to do evil karma demon stuff at the same time.

Demon points shouldn't have been a thing and "Hero" points should have been called "Legend" points.
>>
>>379614043
Your ideas are dumb. The game we got wasn't perfect but thank christ you weren't on the dev team.
>>
>>379617170
I'm someone who is a huge fan of Venom Snake as an idea and plot development since it's basically the ultimate culmination of the franchises themes ( Memes > genes, anyone can be like Snake if put in the right circumstances etc) and he's definitely the best clone. However, even I have to admit that the actual plot/narrative flow of TPP was really poor. The idea of Skullface being killed in an unsatisfactory fashion or them being deprived of revenge was a clever idea however handled poorly. Just everything was mishandled, even the reveal of the twist which was just plopped on there. Peace Walker had better structure for fuck's sake.
>>
File: wipethismeme.png (148KB, 341x313px) Image search: [Google]
wipethismeme.png
148KB, 341x313px
>>379615386
>>379617092
Don't talk about caramel. In two days we'll finally be free of him, don't give him any more attention.
>>
>>379617170
Ask yourself what any character contributed to the overall story of Metal Gear. Any new character either doesn't matter or dies, and any old characters might as well not even be in the game.
>>
>>379617497
He is probably banned already, but nothing will stop that guy from trying to promote his shitty youtube channel even if nothing happens this E3.
>>
>>379614647
Kys
>>
>>379615564
>The worst part is that there was fantastic potential with sticking to continuity and period accuracy. Low-tech sneaking, neat historical stuff and awesome period-accurate Cold War operator kino. Making the Big Boss era much more operator/boots in the mud soldier focused would have really differentiated it from the nanomachines, high-tech personal radars, robo-ninjas etc of the Solid Snake era and given you a greater appreciation for the skill of Big Boss.

mother fucking this

kojimer is a hack

the worst part is that MGS3's initial plans were just this. It seemed like they could've reinstated these design plans for V but they went full retard anime-sci fi instead
>>
>>379617525
>Ask yourself what any character contributed to the overall story of Metal Gear
Snake
Big Boss
Revolver Ocelot
Campbell
Otacon
>>
>>379617170
>rushed
Kojima had 5 FUCKING YEARS to make it.

Better and actually finished open world games have been made in a shorter timespan.
>>
>>379617682
I don't know, he's really riding on E3 2017 for the Death Stranding is actually _____ theories. When it passes, and the fact that DS won't even be at E3, he'll probably fuck off for a while.
>>
>>379617092
>>379616761
You spam that autistic img in every MGS thread and then complain about Caramel. How hypocritical.
>>
>>379615326
>Kojima hyping up Camp Omega as some sort of bonus for those with imported saves from Ground Zeroes; no such thing and instead those cutscenes appear nowhere ontop of only appearing again as an MGO map
>The themed boxes like P.T. and consoles don't exist in the game
>"One boss fight" was an entire mission in and of itself that was meant to be a whole new locale, exploring it, and a heavily beefed-up Sahalanthropus while closing the missing end of where the fuck Eli/Mantis went with the last Parasite sample and the Metal Gear

Cut content may exist for every game, but what we have is a textbook case of a rushed game, combined with the problem that was the publisher's meltdown on Kojima.
>>
>>379614043
>Young Solid Snake
aw shit
>>
>>379617790
I meant in mgsv
>>
>>379615326
>The rest are some imaginary Chapters that you and another 20 retards on /v/ created while hyping the game as the best game of all time.
The carpter 3 is not some "imaginary" image some one shoped it is in the game, i love the game but i dont get why is so hard for people like you to see that the game is actually unfinished.

not the retard you are awnsering tho, fuck that faggot the game was worth every cent
>>
>>379617849
>1 post vs 200+ post per thread of fanfic tier theories just to adverstise a shitty youtube channel
Sup caramel, did your trip got banned already?
>>
MGS4 finished the series

Everything after is DLC tier
>>
>>379617773
Grounded western period-accurate action would have made a very nice divide from the information age anime stuff of the Solid Snake era. It just hurts so much as a missed opportunity.
>>
>>379617901
Ocelot
>>
>>379615386
nah, the ruse cruise crashed
https://youtu.be/0kO27HpFDHk
with no survivors
>>
>>379617820
And Mass Effect Andromeda had several years from a B-team that was multiplayer-focused, and it was shit as an open world game. And Final Fantasy XV was released unfinished despite being in development for even longer than MGSV by a large margin.

Kojima's a perfectionist, a spendy one with some bad decisionmaking, and a bit of missing story doesn't mean the game would've suddenly been absolved of the empty open world and fulton galore, but you can't simply go "kojima's a hack" over time spent when a large chunk of development was also into FOX Engine.
>>
>>379618365
Apparently, the FOX engine was in development since MGS4 wrapped.
>>
>>379616323
Ground Zeroes torture is in the game, during gameplay.
Nuclear Snake scene is literally the Shining Lights scene, in a different environment. Bloody face with fire in the background was made for the trailer and uses Snake's animation from the chopper.

Kids being trained is still in game, Mission 13.
>>379616434
>one sided FOB invasions
lol
>real time wait times
inherited from peace walker
most of the gear develops fast if not at rank 6 7 or 8
>over powered companions that cost almost nothing
optional. don't bring them.
>no matter what as long as you do it fast
why would you be restricted to stealth in a revenge game? also, sneaking is irrelevant when you take 33 days to do it.
>no way to have multiple saves
legitimate complaint. also no way to review certain cutscenes
>replaying missions
optional, not required to finish the game
>blatant marketing lies about what the story will be
Oh really? It is a revenge story. It is a missing link.
>missing cut scenes
nope, see above

>shitty good/ evil point
why are they shitty?

>no coded
inherited from peace walker, not a downside, just preference
>non lethal and fulton
how is this a downside?
>the jeep ride
legitimate complaint
>shota psycho
not a downside
>parasites
nanomachines. AIs. cyborg ninjas. hands that possess people.
>everything about quiet
fuck you
>replaying the same mission
already said that
they're optional

YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED PEACE WALKER, FAGGOT.
>>
>>379614043
they all turned into sort of zombies and be killed in metal gear survive, end of the story
>>
File: 2016-01-18_00009.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-18_00009.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>379617496
I'll give you the pacing being flawed. Likely due to how the mission system was set up. I also felt it could have been executed better at times and I suspect they wanted to but just didn't have the time (like skullface his jeep monologue).
When the story does take central stage, it's glorious though. It's more subtle, more is being told with animations rather than spoken dialogue this time around. It felt refreshing. I disagree with you on skullface his demise though. It felt fitting, needlessly brutal and it showed Kaz and venom their list for revenge.

>>379617820
5 years is nothing when starting from scratch, not even having an engine. Not to mention his care for quality and the horrid conditions Konami enforced on his team during the crunch of the development cycle.
>>
>>379617976
>Chapter 3
Chapter 3 is the disarmament ending. PEACE YOU FUCKING RETARD.

THERE'S NOWHERE LEFT FOR THE STORY TO GO. THE THEMES ARE DONE. THE VILLAIN IS DEAD. THE MAIN PART IS OVER. GET OVER IT.
>>
File: 1496450547410.png (708KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496450547410.png
708KB, 640x640px
>>379618716
>Its not bad because its Optional
>Its not bad because the 5th game of a series is heavily influenced from the less popular handheld spinoff
>Its not bad because Missing link
If I learned anything from these retarded threads is if anyone defends MGSV and replies to your post commenting on everything you listed its a safe bet that they might actually be retarded
>>
File: Snakefu.webm (103KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
Snakefu.webm
103KB, 500x240px
>>379614043
>wanting more BB cock sucking

I'm glad it's over. Solo Snake was a thousand times the man BB was but got a quarter of the attention. I'd rather get a game where we play as MGS2 tier Snake and Otacon bro-op'ing from country to country destroying Metal Gear derivatives.
>>
I mean the game is good until the first credits roll. Just stop there in any replay and you'd be good.
>>
>>379618954
>THERE'S NOWHERE LEFT FOR THE STORY TO GO
Where did that little shit take my
Helicopter
Robot
Helicopter Pilot
and niggers
>>
File: 1443772642729.png (125KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1443772642729.png
125KB, 500x375px
>>379618954
With this in mind the main lament for me nowadays is the missed mark. I'm not even talking "shoulda been big boss with loli wolf and shit", but the fact that even with the Kingdom of the Flies ending, it was still not really an ending. You can suppose that Diamond Dogs are turned into reserves for Outer Heaven, but beyond implications and the fact that Venom dies as the fake BB there, nothing resolves that. The Truth ending exists only to explain the twist, and the tapes thereafter serving as exposition for said twist alongside what made Zero braindead.

But there really is no proper conclusion. You kill Skull Face, and then Eli runs off and Quiet dies. The Sahelanthropus still doesn't get totally destroyed even in that removed ending, the Parasites are never fully resolved, and throughout the entire game, despite operating in Africa for the second half, you don't even hear a single peep about what's happening a few hundred miles south.
>>
>>379619281
Right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk
In case you missed the cut ending wrapping all that shit up. Also the pilot was released shortly after, if you played the game you would know this.
>>
>>379619181
>It's not bad because it's optional
So why are the replay missions bad? Go ahead.
>the 5th game of a series is heavily influence from the less popular handheld spinoff
Oh god what a fucking faggot

MGS PW is a main game.
V is absolutely a Peace Walker sequel first and a Metal Gear prequel second
>it's not bad because Missing Link

>If I learned anything from these retarded threads is if anyone defends MGSV and replies to your post commenting on everything you listed its a safe bet that they might actually be retarded
Fantastic, well thought out argument. You're retarded.
>>
>>379619281
That's part of Chapter 2 though. And everything story related was released.
>>
>>379618954
The disarmament is chapter 2, it's in the preview. We don't know what chapter 3 contein.
>>
>>379619460
>But there really is no proper conclusion
>Post conclusion stuff
???
Sahelanthropus is bombed to hell as well as all the remaining traces of the parasite that Eli had.
>>
>>379619460
>there's no conclusion
There is, it's tied to the game's themes. It's not a cathartic one though, like the rest, because it's not a happy ending.
>>
>>379619797
Peace. It's just Peace. It's not a chapter, just a title that shows when you've achieved disarmament.
>>
File: 1439048771317.jpg (33KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1439048771317.jpg
33KB, 512x384px
>>379614043
>final chapter in a series creates more questions than it answers
>>
File: 1492317837979.gif (289KB, 244x175px) Image search: [Google]
1492317837979.gif
289KB, 244x175px
>>379619657
I can already tell by the way you type you're some retarded third world shitter
>>
>>379620065
Not really, only morons who didn't payed attention to the game and all the cassettes think that.
>>
>>379620065
that's actually the mark of good writing
>>
>>379620026
>Reading book
>Get to chapter 4
>Turn page
>Its blank
>The story didn't even end at the other page
Just like my Harry Potters and Hobbits
>>
File: cry.gif (2MB, 465x259px) Image search: [Google]
cry.gif
2MB, 465x259px
>>379614043
>the community will never mod a proper ending
>doing it anyway would give too much credit to the people who made that game
>the series end with an incomplete game
>the series end with our anger, hopes, frustration and dreams
F
>>
>>379620065
we need true answers
like mcdonald miller's frankenburger food chain success
>>
>>379620112
Superb argument. I can already tell by how you act that you should probably kill yourself as soon as possible.
>>
>>379620183
Your headcanon isn't real, Anon.
>>
>>379617496
Peacewalker doesn't have better anything
>>
>>379620283
>Headcannon
So, what did you think that's missing and isn't on the game/bonus disc?
>>
File: 5ygh65jh4ht6j5.jpg (15KB, 352x330px) Image search: [Google]
5ygh65jh4ht6j5.jpg
15KB, 352x330px
>>379620242
>tfw you will never eat a Chemical Burger
>>
>>379620225
that's not entirely true or incorrect. It depends on execution.
>>
>>379619580
Why was Bad Boss able to sink a bullet in to Eli, but no one else could?
>>
>>379620265
See keep your shitposting to short generic insults like that. Anything more complex your liddle monkey brain starts going on the fritz.
>>
File: complex kind of motive.png (215KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
complex kind of motive.png
215KB, 680x684px
Name a single franchise that had a satisfying finale that brought everything together.
>>
>>379620419
You didn't answer his question
>>
File: GottaGetAGrip.jpg (150KB, 549x549px) Image search: [Google]
GottaGetAGrip.jpg
150KB, 549x549px
>>379620525
Hotline Miami, obviously.
>>
>>379620406
In the battle at the end of chapter 1 with sahelantropus, you shot mantis several times, the kingdom of the flies battle would be the similar so mantis is probably knocked out until it save eli at the end.
>>
File: 1494613864022.jpg (73KB, 582x594px) Image search: [Google]
1494613864022.jpg
73KB, 582x594px
>>379620065
>implying it's the last
Just wait e3 for MGS0: Death Stranding to be announced.
MGSV is MGS2 all over again.
End of MGS2 Liquid Ocelot escapes with MG, next game is a prequel.
End of MGSV Eli escapes with MG, next game is a prequel.
>>
>>379616434
Shota Mantis is the best what you talkin about
>>
File: callnow.png (1MB, 1264x961px) Image search: [Google]
callnow.png
1MB, 1264x961px
>>379620707
>MGS0
That would actually be the perfect title, fuck.
>>
File: gt.jpg (7KB, 178x185px) Image search: [Google]
gt.jpg
7KB, 178x185px
>>379620525
This
>Franchise
Oh shi-, well, first Phoenix Wright Trilogy.
>>379620707
You forgot your trip caramel.
>>
>>379614043
>We will never see him build metal gear
What is Peace Walker for 50000$ Jerry
>>
>>379620065
>final chapter
>somehow prequel is more final than the ending
The power of /v/
>>379620231
OK, it's been a while but here's the original structure of MGSV:

>INTRO WITH HELICOPTER CRASH, BATHROOM AND VENOM PUTTING THE CASETTE TAPE IN THE PLAYER, TRIGGERING A FLASHBACK (THE EVENTS OF THE PHANTOM PAIN)
>PROLOGUE: AWAKENING
>CHAPTER 1: MISSION 1 - PHANTOM LIMBS
>BETWEEN MISSION 1 AND MISSION 2 : GROUND ZEROES (INSTEAD OF THE KAZ FLASHBACK)
>REST OF CHAPTER 1
>CHAPTER 2 (WITHOUT MISSION 46)
>KINGDOM OF THE FLIES
>DISARMAMENT
>MISSION 46
>INITIAL FLASHBACK ENDS, VENOM LOOKS IN THE MIRROR AND "THE TRUTH" ENDING PLAYS
>>
>>379619213
I'm in for a splinter cell esque game about Snakes operations from philanthropy
>>
>>379619213
I don't even like Big Boss, and i'd still prefer the regular Big Boss cock sucking over fucking the mess Big Medic was. Solid Snake is still my favorite character though.
>>
>>379620419
superb answer
you don't deserve anything more complex. shitstain.
>>
>>379618858
Yeah how does that work
>>
>>379619213
At least best Snake is getting his own movie, maybe.
>>
>>379615326
>imaginary chapter

Guess those 20 minute of cut cutscenes and completely different ending were just imaginary
>>
>>379620906
You got it wrong, mission 46 happens BEFORE kingdom of the flies, because Vemon know he isn't the real one when he told Eli "Don't blame yourself, Blame me", its pretty explicit he wanted Eli to hate Big Boss.
>>
>>379621114
>20 minute of cutscenes
link?
>completely different ending
it wasn't the ending
>>
>fantastic game that autists can't enjoy because MUH HEADCANON

sad lol. You want story? Read a book or play a PS4 exclusive lol
>>
>>379621181
No, it happens after. There's even a time skip.

>Don't blame yourself, blame me.
Nigga he's ironic.
>>
File: 1491328413416.jpg (12KB, 320x278px) Image search: [Google]
1491328413416.jpg
12KB, 320x278px
>>379621349
>>
>>379621349
This isn't fucking dark souls idiot
>>
I can give you the real MGS5.
I have only one demand.
Bring me the remains of Caramel.
>>
>>379621505
No thanks.
>>
File: 1480082688936.gif (137KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480082688936.gif
137KB, 200x200px
>>379620787
I read it from an earlier thread. Makes sense to me, Dead Stranding takes place during WWII, in Normandy, probably it's about The Boss, The Sorrow and Zero. Maybe it will contain the answer about that winged dagger pin.
Just speculation of course.
>>379620804
You faggot keep calling every one Caramel, try to keep your hard on for him under control.
>>
>>379621462
Tell me what the patriots did after MGS3 in detail, fag
>>
>>379621637
Well, until know only caramel was autistic enough to post stupid shit like thinking than ds would be another mgs game, guess I was wrong and there is more morons out there.
>>
>>379621645
You first fag
>>
>>379620804
>Caramel
>MGS0
DS is SH. MGS5 is a new game.
Don't insult Caramel-sama
>>
>>379621645
Play Portable Ops if you want to see what Patriots did and how fucking stupid BB was trying to build Outer Haven.

Play Peace Walker to see how BB is like "is me against the world, fuck everyone"
>>
File: 1487928543666.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487928543666.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
>>379621865
Caramel think Death Stranding is Silent Hills though.
Also there's no need to sperg over a simple speculation. What's wrong with you faggots?
>>
>>379614647
Wasn't it cancelled?
>>
File: 1489366503226.jpg (92KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489366503226.jpg
92KB, 1024x1024px
>>379614043
All I want is a game about Solid Snakes adventures saving Sunny from the Patriots with Otacon and how Raiden became a crazy cyborg ninja.
>>
>>379621967
MGS isn't going to have a 5, it already had a V.
There is going to be more there, MGS Survive will be the bridge between MGSV and DS.

Deactivate the nukes.
>>
>>379622069
But that's not true, and Peacewalker was shit.
At least Portable Ops was half way entertaining to play for a weekend
>>
>>379621462
This isn't fucking MGS2 idiot
>>
I'll never understand why anyone still cares about this series after the zero fucks they gave for 4. The whole series is a convoluted mess and only gets worse the more they try to explain things. Some shit is just better left alone.
>>
Required ruse cruise viewing right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKRyzRyCC7M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQzzzqL8dOI
>>
>>379622114
>escort mission: the game: the movie
>also there is a 45 minute rail shooter
lets not do that.
>>
>>379622249
>Peacewalker was shit.

uh, no?

>>379622304
It's a video game, not everything needs to be explained in such a way that it's logically consistent across every single game, that's just ridiculous to try and accomplish
>>
>>379622327
t. Python Shitkan
>>
>>379614043
>The series comes full circle
Remember the trailers anons? Holy fuck, Kojima fucked up badly.
>>
>>379622327
im already a subscriber, how about the rest of you guys?
>>
>>379622097
Le me rephrase then
Only morons would speculate than kojima is capable of making any game with konami brands in it.
He will, hovewer, will keep makking games with the same elements, gameplay and themes he had done in the past, just under new IPs
>>
File: 1442672004841.gif (186KB, 678x422px) Image search: [Google]
1442672004841.gif
186KB, 678x422px
>liked the story and themes, despite pacing issues and the rare misses.
>loved the gameplay.
>discovered so many systems and gameplay mechanics.
>planning on doing a fresh save after the summer rush dies down.
>only thing that saddens me a little is the unfinished edges but mods brightened that up right away.
>been enjoying MGS since 1998 and loved every single one, even 4.
Feels good. I can see the flaws in each MGS game but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying the fuck out of them.
>>
>>379620065
>nanomachines

there's your answer.
>>
>>379622405
>python > caramel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> fib

Pythons putting the work in, caramel and me are just regurgitating it. Fib is just in tranny lala land making shit up
>>
>>379622249
>Peacewalker was shit.
Shit opinion.
>>
>>379622415
Yeah, the same thing was said in the Portable Ops and Peace Walker trailers.
>>
>>379622327
Confirmed for caramel alt just for "muh views, muh subscribers"
>>
File: you're_pretty_good.gif (695KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
you're_pretty_good.gif
695KB, 320x180px
>>379622513
>>
>>379622134
Those are the Caramel's teachings, if you don't believe don't reply to me ever again
The nukes are a scam
THREE DAY UNTIL PEACE DAY
>>
>>379622398
Yes, I don't care if you're overweight and lonely and felt like all the same face soldiers were your friends. It was a shit game, not even monster hunter island could save that shit fest.
MGSV is basically Peacewalker's gameplay made not unfun.
>>
>>379622486
didn't you say this meme to me 2 days ago?

>>379622595
confirmed you're fuckin stupid senpai, I thought someone couldn't get worse than FIB, guess I was wrong.
>>
File: venom drake.png (229KB, 651x434px) Image search: [Google]
venom drake.png
229KB, 651x434px
>>379614043
>>379622415
>why wasn't it Metal Gear Solid V: Revenge of the Sith?
>Why didn't Big Boss kill younglings and kick puppies?
>a bloo bloo bloo muh timeline

MGS4fags and timelinefags are the fucking worst. Metal Gear was NEVER about the literal timeline, you autists.
>>
>>379622649
>It was a shit game
why
>>
>>379622654
Ban evading is a bannable offense Caramel/Python/Selkan/Whatever, more when you're just adverstising a shitty youtube channel
>>
>>379622562
Nah, I just don't enjoy wasting hundreds of hours on a shit tier try at implementing stealth in a MH action system.
The story is also total shit and GZ was very satisfying because I got to see it all go up in its lame-ass smoke :^)
>>
>>379622279
you cant even have headcanons about MGS2 anymore
>>
File: Screenshot_14.png (1MB, 1065x594px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_14.png
1MB, 1065x594px
Here's a big hint from Kojimjam.

You go through a worm hole in survive.

1/3
>>
File: 1434133959594.png (53KB, 396x428px) Image search: [Google]
1434133959594.png
53KB, 396x428px
>mfw when he still thinks tranqing and fultoning is the best way to play after unlocking recruitment
>>
>hating on V
Is this an American thing? As an European, V really resonated with me, especially with the language themes. It's actually scary that I use english more often than my own language.
>>
>>379614043
>It finished nothing

What the fuck are you on about..?
Metal gear SOLID 4 was the finale of the main character, SOLID Snake.
Mgs5 is just a story based between other games
>>
>>379622327
also check this one out. could be huge if true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVoixDDUmbQ
>>
>>379622819
>:^)
YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR
>>
>>379622715
Just told you
>>
File: 1496091753575.png (352KB, 749x557px) Image search: [Google]
1496091753575.png
352KB, 749x557px
>>379622685
>it's a post modern mindfuck
>>
>>379622891
V sucks because it me half empty
>>
1 = 3 = V > 2 > PW > 4 > PO
>>
>>379622924
Caramel / Pythonselkan / FIB
Get the fuck out please, stop adverstising your shitty youtube channel here.
>>
>>379622494
>Only morons
At least I'm not an aspie like you.
>>
>>379622957
no you didn't
>>
>>379622897
The solid in MGS has nothing to do with solid snake. The solid was added due to the transitioning to 3d.
>>
>>379622579
That's just fucking terrible. I never knew about this, I was never bothered about the PSP games, I've played PW though.
>>
File: 1434497714314.png (934KB, 513x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1434497714314.png
934KB, 513x1117px
>>379618280
I don't even though why anons were getting hyped over Caramel. He's the Anonymous5 of /v/, getting off on all this attention.
>>
>>379622520
I think you mean:
>parasites
>>
>>379622715
Not him, but I do not enjoy Peace Walker because it's extremely linear (even for metal gear) and the stealth systems are neutered to all hell because of the PSP limitations. Bosses are all boring bullet sponges to the point where postgame superbosses are literally impossible to beat unless you have the bandanna.

The story is hit and miss, I do enjoy some aspects of it (like Big Boss being built up to being a che guevara so the patriots can use him as a martyr) but the AI boss stuff is way too on the nose in dealing with Snake's grief, and it gets weird when the game pretends the AI was actually the Boss herself
>>
>>379622513

Hey, this board is only for people who hate video games, pal. You make me happy knowing there's other people that can enjoy flawed stuff for what it is.
>>
>>379622891
It's a great game only autistic retards hate on it

>IT WAS MY PHANTIM PEIN WHYM I STILL HERE
>GUYS KONAMI PLAID US LIEK A DARN FIDDLE
>>
>>379623034
4 > PW

also 2 = 4
>>
>>379623117
>anons were getting hyped over Caramel
Every anon has been mocking caramel over his autistic "act" because he is just samefagging and spouting shit for the sake of Adverstising his shitty youtube channel.
>>
File: CsnerWCWYAAOUPv.jpg (105KB, 1200x666px) Image search: [Google]
CsnerWCWYAAOUPv.jpg
105KB, 1200x666px
>>379622886
You get there are the sky has "fish" in it ( i think they're the same tentacle monsters from DS, or maybe just the same sea creatures, or it's unrelated completely.) , inverted physics.

2/3
>>
>tfw loved TPP
>tfw Death Stranding will be similar
I can't wait for all the butthurt
>>
>>379616816
What a dumb character. It should have just been a young Sniper Wolf but Kojima went full autist over Joosten.
>>
>>379623117
It is more fun to live in Caramel's world where everything is about to add up and make sense than it is to live in your shitty reality where we get a 50 second trailer for a shitty zombie game.
>>
File: Screenshot_23.png (734KB, 1064x601px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_23.png
734KB, 1064x601px
>>379623203
In DS, The rainbow is inverted. Once again probably a result of some sort of dimension change. (although it can happen irl very rarely.)
>>
>>379623192
>4 > PW
no
I legitimately detest everything about 4 post Act 2
Peace Walker is pretty mediocre but it's consistent and is never outright bad.
>>
File: 4365786794367645765867.jpg (81KB, 1166x739px) Image search: [Google]
4365786794367645765867.jpg
81KB, 1166x739px
>MGS4 took place in 2014
>Snake was only given about 1 year to live due to his advance aging
>Snake has been dead for at least 2 years.
>>
>>379623194
does he have a youtube? I think you're confusing 6 different people as the same person. This isn't mgsrl
>>
>>379623369
I'm glad the "pythonselkan" watermark is on this image because I wouldn't know what youtube channel to subscribe to
>>
>>379623369
>>379623203
>>379622886
Fuck off pythonselkan, posting stills of your shitty videos doesn't help you at all
>>
>>379623450
those twink lips
>>
>>379615386
Silent Hills X Metal Gear Solid will be revealed as and Action/Adventure game with role-playing elements. Screencap this.
>>
>>379623539
How the fuck am I supposed to cap it with all of that text and the full image nigger.

>>379623548
>everyone i don't like is pythonselkan

I would call you FIB at this point, but he's probably taking a dick behind a quiznos
>>
So 4>V?

Never played any apart from 4, I know 5 will be different more of a ubisoft game but is it fun?
>>
PythonSelkan - the guys that figured out Venom is actually Gray Fox.
>>
Welp, that's it
Punished Caramel = Caramel = Pythonselkan = FIB
All this autistic act just for subscribers and view, /v/ has gone to shit.
>>
>>379623725
It's pretty good.
>>
>>379617170
Masterpieces aren't flawed, that's why they're masterpieces.
>>
File: 1442729163643.gif (2MB, 160x200px) Image search: [Google]
1442729163643.gif
2MB, 160x200px
>>379623174
I'm too old to hate vidya. 33 now, I don't get why 'gamers' have to pick every game apart nowadays honestly.
>>
>>379623725
Fun gameplay yeah
>>
>>379623697
I wasn't complaining about the image. I was honestly thanking you for reminding me to like and share their new video. No need to get so defensive
>>
>>379623798
I could believe that caramel is FIB at this point, but I doubt caramel is python or myself since I was talking to FIB and caramel last night. Check the logs cuck
>>
>>379617496
>definitely the best clone.
Kojimafags make me retch. They think blank slate characters are better because of their crippling autism.
>>
>>379623831
>>379623905

Should be on steam sale and I'll pick it up
>>
>>379617525
But we get to meet the FoxHound babies. They're like the adult versions, but small.
>>
>>379623992
Samefagging isn't "Talking"
Keep up the good act, fill me in when the suicide stream is live after this E3 anon, cheers
>>
>tfw MGSV wasn't like my retarded head canon

I'M NUCLEAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR I'M WILDDDDDD
>>
>>379623992
How about you show us the logs so we can see (You) replying to all your different tripcodes.
Checkmate.
King me.
>>
File: 1494819110025.jpg (149KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494819110025.jpg
149KB, 600x600px
>>379622662
You made me laugh you faggot
>>
>>379623369
You could at least paraphrase these images, you already posted the video. Just posting screengrabs is the reason people are giving you shit about being a shill
>>
>>379618090
What would've changed if Ocelot wasn't in the game at all? Miller and Ocelot were completely interchangeable.
>>
>>379623958
Well considering I've seen this all thread
>>379623798
>>379623548
>>379623042
>>379622735
>>379622595
>>379622405
Idk what to expect, sounded like an offhanded "shill" accusation famicom.
>>
>>379622114
Raiden was kidnapped by some douchebags who removed his head form his body and out it on a cyborg body
>>
File: 1496504005401.jpg (540KB, 1376x1780px) Image search: [Google]
1496504005401.jpg
540KB, 1376x1780px
>ocelot taken from boss via snake scar
>mantis taken from paz via v scar

>ground zeroes takes place on 3/16
>trophy with skully tipping his hat is called genesis
>genesis 3:16 I will make your pains in childbearing very severe with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband and he will rule over you.”
>"vladimir means ruler of peace, so do as you're told paz"
>xof troops were in pw, hidden as the alert soldiers only on zadornov missions near chico's cell

>theme is called sins of the father
>venom wasnt a father and skullface is the big sinner
>Cleansing flames, is the only way to repent
>Renounce, what made you
>major i'm burning up

>mantis absorbs some of each person's mind
>when venom, he creates a flaming whale of guilt about the vagbomb outside the helicopter
>when volgin, it's pure hellfire
>when skull face, he brings the metal gear to life
>when child soldier, he saves the pendant
>when liquid...
he hijacks a metal gear and kills his father

>chapter 3 "peace" (paz) was supposed to take us back to camp omega to find out something important

and to top it off
>google image search paz's prisoner number from gz
>>
>>379624145
>have expectations from the trailers
>"lololo its just your stupid head canon"
Oh, ok.
>>
File: 20160716184908_1.jpg (335KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160716184908_1.jpg
335KB, 1920x1080px
>>379623843
It's a well known term to express something of extremely good quality products that have one or a few blemishes.
If you can't get out of that line of literal thinking you might have legit autism. I'm not even trying to be funny here.
>>
>>379623849

It's not only games. It's seems that nowadays you either have to hate or love something and can't have a civilized discussion and accept that people have different opinions than you do.
>>
>>379624215
We aren't the ones posting the same shitty youtube channel every day in every metal gear thread, wonder why
>>
>tfw the only closure you get is from a not canon platinum games sidegame
Fuck everything.
>>
File: b62.png (826KB, 518x834px) Image search: [Google]
b62.png
826KB, 518x834px
>>379624251
>>
>>379624127
Listen nigger, you don't even know what my theory on the matter is, you know a trannys ramblings and someone named caramel saying MGS5 is DS is SH.
I never said I was going to kill myself, but they both did, so take it up with them.
>>
>>379624315
>It's a well known term to express something of extremely good quality products that have one or a few blemishes.
No, it's not. Masterpiece refers to things of peerless quality. Stop trying to redefine the language to win a shitty internet argument, you rapist.
>>
>>379614472
But wouldn't it be cool anon? Wouldn't it be cool
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (61KB, 1003x756px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
61KB, 1003x756px
>>379624146
kys anytime senpai.
>>
>>379622897
>Solid Snake is the main character
>Big Boss has more games centered around him
Really makes me think
>>
>>379624347
I wonder how many of that stream of retards is (you)
>>
>>379624535
Very cool. Very cool.
>>
File: furb.png (231KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
furb.png
231KB, 572x380px
I liked the game but some things really annoyed me.

>tell R&D team to develop weapon that isn't low rank trash
>takes 10 full days of real time to develop
>only a very small number of high rank items can be developed at the same time, dragging everything out even longer

>2 big maps allowing you to run around wherever you want
>only things you can ever really find is more random outposts

>want to build more FOBs to get your team levels higher up
>needs currency that either has to be bought with real money or takes years to ever collect ingame with daily rewards

>Chapter 2 is mostly old missions again with some added difficulty

>too many fights with the skulls instead of unique bosses
>>
>>379624271
AND THE ASHES

ARE ALL COLD NOW

NO MORE BULLETS

>TFW MY PHANTOM GAME
>TFW MY PHANTOM GF

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES - I MEAN AHHHHHHHH THEY PLAYED ME LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE XD
>>
>>379624410
Raiden you've still got that
>>
File: 1452456683212.jpg (88KB, 415x481px) Image search: [Google]
1452456683212.jpg
88KB, 415x481px
>>379624326
It's mostly contained to the Internet thankfully. Even though this kind of mentality sometimes spills over into rl among the young.
>>
>>379622114
>Solid Snakes adventures saving Sunny from the Patriots with Otacon and how Raiden became a crazy cyborg ninja
Raiden was the one who saved Sunny, not Snake. Raiden teamed up with Big Mama(EVA) and her Paradise Lost group to free Sunny from Area 51. In return for this, he was to help Big Mama and her group get Big Boss' body back from The Patriots; but during that mission Raiden was captured and cyborg experiments were done on him until Big Mama and Paradise Lost broke him free.
It was all explained in MGS4 and Rising.
>>
>>379624652
Solid Snake:

>MG1
>MG2
>MGS1
>MGS4

Big Boss:
>MGS3
>PO
>Peace Walker
>MGSV

That's counting PO, a non-canon spin-off game and not counting MGS2, which still features Solid Snake as a main character .
>>
>>379624727
>takes 10 full days of real time to develop
>you complete the game in that time
I dunno if they did it for replayability so you can keep coming back to be a completionist or whatever but I'm not one that would bother with every single weapon/armor etc in games, I just enjoy playing them.
>>
File: skullface.png (1MB, 1100x1080px) Image search: [Google]
skullface.png
1MB, 1100x1080px
>>379624271
You're the same tier of faggot who would have cried about Raiden back in 2001. You just say MGS2 is genius now because you played it a decade later and how matthewmatosis and superbunnyhop to explain the game to you.
>>
>>379614043
Metal gear canon has always been a clusterfuck. Nobody could wrap that story up nicely
>>
File: Kuwabara.png (457KB, 814x591px) Image search: [Google]
Kuwabara.png
457KB, 814x591px
YOU'RE ALL AFTER CARAMELS LEGACY
>>
>>379624894
Raiden would like a word with you
>>
File: 2016-01-22_00001.jpg (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-22_00001.jpg
245KB, 1920x1080px
>>379624469
>the term flawed masterpiece has never been used a million times before.
Anon, sometimes it's okay to accept a more abstract term.
>>
File: 1253493811832.jpg (8KB, 282x310px) Image search: [Google]
1253493811832.jpg
8KB, 282x310px
>>379624894
>tfw Ocelot has been in more games than any other character
>>
>>379624991
Yeah but to be honest, Kojima could have stopped trying to go full-psycho with it and just explain everything once and for all, and finally put it to bed.

With MGSV we got more questions than answers, unless that's exactly what he was trying to do then fair play to him.
>>
>>379625176
>With MGSV we got more questions than answers

sounds like you didn't get it.
>>
>>379625169
Ocelot is technically the main character.
>>
>>379625176
>>379625232
see
>>379624267
>>
>>379625232
>didn't get it
sorry anon, I don't play 30d chess like based Kojima-San does
>>
>>379625176
We need a prequel that explains where Han Solo got his boots.
>>
>>379624167
that barely visible eyeball over the eyepatch is fucking me up
>>
>>379625232
>sounds like you didn't get it.
Yeah, and I'm sure you did? The end can be interpreted in different ways.
>>
>>379625372
Good news for you.
Disney is making a Han Solo prequel movie
>>
>>379625169
Which games has Ocelot not been in? MG, MG2, Rising, Ghost Babel. Acid 1 + 2. Was he in every other game?
>>
>>379614472
>There's so many stories to tell between MGS 2 and 4 so let's make a game about Snake aging while traveling around the world
You just made a great fucking game right there snake slowly aging through-out the game is a damn good platform to build a story upon.
>>
>>379625128
>argumentum ad populum
Step up, senpai.
>>
>>379625490
>The end can be interpreted in different ways
How?
Venom Snake is revealed to be medic man and he goes on to be the Big Boss that Snake kills in the original metal gear
>>
File: 1440098111607.jpg (225KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1440098111607.jpg
225KB, 1920x1080px
Two of the greatest mistakes/slip ups of the MGS franchise:

>MG1 and MG2 being seperate events
>Zero and the MGS3 Codec team being the Patriots

Agree or disagree?
>>
>>379614472
lol found the Kojima dick rider.
FYI, the game was marketed as the "MISSING LINK" to the saga. fuck off.
>>
>>379625507
He was in
>MGS1
>MGS2
>MGS3
>MGS4
>MGSPO
>MGSV
>>
>>379614043
exactly. And most people gave the fucking game 9/10s, 10/10s... FUCK NO. KOJIMA'S A FUCKING HACK.

and the gameplay's fucking REPETITIVE SHALLOW fuck.

>BB chooses a random dude from his platoon
>"you'd be the next BB son..."
>wtf
>>
>>379625696
That was fine, Kojima just handled it stupidly when he made the DARPA Chief = Sigint and Dr. Clark = Para Medic.
>>
>>379615315

>new gun handles exactly the same as the last one
>only difference is it does slightly more number damage against bullet sponge enemies
>none of this matters because headshots are guaranteed kill on everything but full face plate wearing enemies

Honestly, everyone says the gameplay is amazing, but the gunplay is horrid. Kojima even missed proper reload mechanics after having them in previous games. Like come on man.
>>
>>379625696

>MG1 and MG2 being seperate events
Why is that a mistake? Genuinely asking.

I personally liked that one, but it might be because I was a bit too young when Mgs2 released to appreciate the mysterious facet of the Patriots. I liked that they put faces on the Illuminatis, especially known faces.
>>
>>379625696
This one is the worst retcon bullshit I've ever seen. Fair enough it worked for what it was, but the way it was done was pretty lackluster.
>>
>>379625547
When you tell a story you are supposed to start as close to the end as possible. That is why we skipped years of Snake and Otacon fucking shit up all around the world to get to the Tanker incident where we learn there ain't no oil on that tanker, and that means the Big Shell is not cleaning up oil, and that means schenanigans are afoot.
>>
>>379625973
>the gameplay's fucking REPETITIVE SHALLOW
no it isn't
>>
>>379626087
yeah but headshots are harder to pull off.

Good luck with FOB
>>
anons, what's your favorite Kojima ruse?

mine is when I watched Kojima wear a foam chicken hat at the very end of a three hour live stream
>>
>>379625973

To be fair, this guy was with MSF from the start, and it seems he was the best of them all (like Naked Snake was the best disciple of The Boss), enough for Snake to pose in a picture with him like he was a friend.
>>
>>379626206
>no it isn't
yes it is
>>
>>379626206
Outside of the 20-ish actual main story missions, everything else is the same.
>fulton this target
The game does allow for different approaches, but it all just boils down to you doing the same shit over and over.
>>
remember when a handful of redditors got chased out of an office building in New York City because they thought they had deciphered hidden co-ordinates in the games files?
>>
>>379626350
I like when big boss did the halo jump and took off his mask and he was raiden.
>>
>>379626350
The one where he pretended to be a great game maker for 20 years only to reveal in the end that we was a hack the whole time.
>>
>>379626447
>doing the same thing
with different approaches, so, not repetitive
>>
File: AS34324.png (199KB, 350x442px) Image search: [Google]
AS34324.png
199KB, 350x442px
>>379615564
>TL;DR: >tfw no African rhodie operator kino MGS
Would have been absolutely amazing.
Running around Africa in high cut shorts, equipped with FAL, even more 80's music, and beards & mustaches as far as the eye can see on Mother Base.
>>
>>379626649
>hack
>after making one of the best games of all time

yeah, no.
>>
>>379626763
>wow, I can fulton this target in the day or night time, and stealthily or not!
>>
File: 10_liefeld.jpg (183KB, 800x1075px) Image search: [Google]
10_liefeld.jpg
183KB, 800x1075px
>>379614043

lol but you are big boss because you played the games and pretended to be him
amazing meta shit why you hate lmfao?
>>
Which single autist is it that makes this thread every day?

You need to die unironically.
>>
>>379626887
yeah and with a plethora of tools to pick and choose from opening up different styles of play
>>
>>379615564
>expecting Kojima to actually do research and come up with something cool
>expecting Kojima to purposefully regress the technology used in the game to simultaneously comment on the one-upmanship culture between game devs and to show how truly frightening big boss could be with just his hands
kek
>>
File: kokoro unhappy stare.jpg (249KB, 788x950px) Image search: [Google]
kokoro unhappy stare.jpg
249KB, 788x950px
>>379615315
>create new high rank gun
>it's still worse than the silenced non-leathal shotgun you made months ago
>>
>>379626115
>Why is that a mistake? Genuinely asking.

Just because it's sloppy. The two events are incredibly similar and MG2 effectively reads like a do-over of MG1. It would be a much, much more effective narrative if they were merged into one event and Zanzibarland was Outer Heaven. The Venom Snake plotline makes this a tad better, but if I were put in charge of a Metal Gear series reboot, remake/remimagining or whatever I would not hesitate to make MG1 and MG2 one story.

>I liked that they put faces on the Illuminatis, especially known faces.

Well the thing is, you must not have been paying attention to MGS2. The Patriots weren't an illuminati. The "people" on the list were all long, long dead. The Patriots were meant to be a supernatural phenomenon. An entirely new type of life on planet Earth that's directly a result of the information age and the development of human culture that's nearly impossible for us to understand.

That was until MGS4 retconned the Patriots into being computers made by the MGS3 Codec team.
>>
>>379626901
3 days and you won't have to see any until next year, or the catalogue is going to be completely full of them, depends on how it goes.
>>
>>379626901
hehehe aren't you rused yet? hehehe
>>
File: 1496693217391.png (975KB, 852x794px) Image search: [Google]
1496693217391.png
975KB, 852x794px
Why are these threads always centered about idiotic storyline rather than focused on the change of narrative method? MGS 1-4 (and MG) all featured in-game "briefings" where you could take a breather and yap about the situation at hand or listen as someone goes off on a tangent. Rather than break the pacing, it supplemented it and provided a particular pace that was very recognizable. PSP games, especially PW got rid of this and went for cassette tape gimmick (as in, PSP simulated the cassetophone) and padding via soldier collectathon. It also had distinctly different bosses, not puzzles anymore but sponges.

MGS V is a direct successor to PW, it is a PW 2.0 in all but name and therein lies the problem. Not the story itself, but the way it was presented.

This is all before I said anything about open world "design" vs tight levels of yore.
>>
Someone have the Why are we still here about girlfriend and dicks?
>>
File: 054.png (441KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
054.png
441KB, 600x600px
>>379626350
Thanks for fucking reminding me of that bullshit.

>>379626649
Personally I feel as though all the credit should have to his co-writers throughout the years. I really doubt that the MGS world is really his creation alone.
Makes you wonder what could have been if Fukushima was the one who was heavily credited and remembered as a master video game writer. Now I'm wondering how good MGS4 & onward would have been if Fukushima and Murata would have have been able to work on them without Kojima...
>>
>>379627542
You OK anon?
>>
File: War_d62a31_5731984.jpg (69KB, 550x370px) Image search: [Google]
War_d62a31_5731984.jpg
69KB, 550x370px
>>379626841
>tfw you will never sit in a helicopter flying over a ground based Outer Heaven/Mother Base of your own design with Toto- Africa playing
>tfw you will never see your Rhodie inspired operators training in the savannah fields of Outer Heaven
>tfw you will never go full operator, sneaking in the long grasses of Angola with no radar, no iDroid, no FarCry vision. Just your fatigues, binoculars and your FAL and your own skills as Big Boss
>>
>>379627340
>were meant to be a supernatural phenomenon. An entirely new type of life on planet Earth
Been a while since I played Mgs2, so I remember very little of it. But since the Patriots were the successors to the Philosophers (who existed since the 18th century) I assumed they were some kind of unseen elite controlling the world.
>>
>>379627926
The Philosophers stuff came after MGS2 came out though. They say directly in MGS2 that they're a new lifeform that's emerged from the information age "not unlike" the way life on Earth once emerged from a primordial soup.
>>
>>379627818
it's fucking incredible to think how amazing this game would of been if Kojima just pared everything down and focused on the time period and location more
>>
>>379628161

Okay then. I'll pay more attention next time I play the game.
>>
File: 1456856822513.jpg (242KB, 770x770px) Image search: [Google]
1456856822513.jpg
242KB, 770x770px
>>379627542
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hS0Xotr5hM
>>
>>379622889
Is that more efficient?
>>
>>379628181
>muh cutscenes

But that would have had to come at the expense of time spent developing the actual gameplay, so nahh
>>
>ywn fly around the world talking to film directors and actors who will suck your dick in broken japanese
>ywn waste money flying around the world "scouting locations" as an excuse to take pictures of food
>ywn waste money having custom statues build for your office so you can post about them on twitter
>ywn be Kojima
feels bad man
>>
File: missing link.png (76KB, 626x350px) Image search: [Google]
missing link.png
76KB, 626x350px
>story time (circa 2014-2015)
>me watching MGSV trailers
>MG 2 BIGBOSS: "Start a war, fan its flames, create victims... Then save them, train them... And feed them back unto the battlefield. "
>me: "oh shit MGS V's gonna be so fucking good; finally I'm gonna see HOW BigBoss turned into a cold, heartless mofo"
>*MGS V release*
>*plays and finished the game*
>mfw when my favorite game franchises' final game was repetitive fultoning shit, mute protagonist, shit pacing, bad writing, Ocelot was fucking dense, you have to wait 24 weeks to acquire tools/weapon, "this is fucking OPEN WORLD?!", etc.
>heck, Quiet == Chico was fucking better than muh bikini sniper be breathing through its skin and shit
>THA GAME'S A FUCKING MESS
>mfw the ONLY a good thing about the game were the trailer and the score/music
>most reviewers, "MGS fans", gave the game a 9/10, 10/10
>depressedasfuck.jpg

FUCK OFF KOJIMA DICK RIDERS.
>>
>>379614043
The shitty memes, SFM and brazzers parody, and music were the best things to come out of MGSV. The game itself is nothing but a huge disappointment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd0p30SmOlg
>>
>>379626087
>new gun handles exactly the same
Fucking this.
All guns of a type perform indistuingishably and using different parts through customizing is an utter placebo. Peace Walker blows V out of the water in terms of gun variety, not to mention it used real guns instead of fake toys.
>>
>>379629084
nobody's finished the game yet
>>
>>379629380
>using different parts through customizing is an utter placebo

uh literally no?
>>
File: 430665378005474.jpg (287KB, 706x464px) Image search: [Google]
430665378005474.jpg
287KB, 706x464px
>>379627818
>Just your fatigues, binoculars and your FAL and your own skills as Big Boss
That's what we really needed.
Just a bare bones operator mgs game with 80's aesthetic
>>
>>379629448
fill me in, cruiser. whats the ruse?
>>
>>379629560
Disarmament, noob.

>>379629556
Just do a Subsistence mission lol
>>
File: 1441300002159.gif (68KB, 156x267px) Image search: [Google]
1441300002159.gif
68KB, 156x267px
>>379629084
>>me: "oh shit MGS V's gonna be so fucking good; finally I'm gonna see HOW BigBoss turned into a cold, heartless mofo"

MGSV does this though. Just stop and think for a second, by the end of Peace Walker what's Big Boss actually doing differently than what he's doing in MG1 and MG2? He's got his independent nation-state of mercenaries dedicated to taking on the world, he's got a nuclear equipped super weapon and he's enlisting children (Paz and Chico). The only reason you don't see it as villainous is because you're seeing it from his eyes and Peace Walker was very light hearted. Place yourself in the shoes of a civillian in the US at the time of Peace Walker. The idea of MSF and Outer Heaven is pretty fucking extreme and pretty fucking scary.

All that's left from Peace Walker to MG1 is Big Boss is one final step, which we see in MGSV. The Venom twist does this excellently because it's basically Big Boss turning his back in the worst way possible and betraying the Outer Heaven ideal. The idea he's fighting for is a world where soldiers aren't treated as disposable tools to be thrown away by faceless governments for pointless causes, just like the USA did to the Boss. Well what does he do to Venom? He uses him as a disposable tool, removes his identity and individuality (Which is literally the core of Outer Heaven as an idea, individualism and liberty) and uses him for his own selfish gain (To bolster his own legacy/reputation and act as a cover for international heat). MGSV really clearly shows the final step of Big Boss becoming the man that Solid Snake hates.
>>
>>379629380
Custom stuff can actually make the gun better than the base model. Especially when it comes to surpressors or undermount options.
>>
>>379614043
there are 2 types of fans, ones who love old fashioned story centric modernist approach in 1&3 and others who love postmodern artistic approach in 2&4. with mgsV story and presentation kojima catered to the fans of 2&4 but ultimately didn't deliver because game felt unfinished (chapter 3) and most of the stuff was told through tapes (tell don't show instead of show don't tell). also he made a lot of traditional fans angry with false advertising which made us all expect traditional mgs as 1&3, the stuff OP mentioned:

>Never see him become the villain of the original games

the question for fans is also which kojima was better, the story teller or the artist? my bet is on storyteller (mgs 4 suuucked and 5 was mediocre in it's story presentation, leaving us with only one god tier postmodern artistic game - mgs2) and it's also the reason why I'm not excited about death stranding, it will probably be shit.
>>
>>379629084
Hey man that's just your opinion. It's my favorite series too, I've played 2 and 3 20+ times each. V was good. It had the best gameplay in the series, fluid as fuck, there was multiple ways to go about the missions, complete freedom, and very memorable moments like the opening, paz side quest, the quarantine mission, the hells gate mission, the missions with the skulls.

Honestly you fucking whining faggots are the WORST part of the fanbase. You fucking shit up everything about the series on this board. Kill yourself.
>>
File: my hand 2.png (269KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
my hand 2.png
269KB, 960x720px
it's all because of my hand
>>
File: 1496253397256.jpg (45KB, 367x505px) Image search: [Google]
1496253397256.jpg
45KB, 367x505px
>tfw you still think about MGSV and want to play it all the time
>know that if you play it you'll just be thinking about what could have been and get annoyed it isn't as good as you wanted it to be
>>
>>379617496
>Memes > genes, anyone can be like Snake if put in the right circumstances
this is retarded
put a downie in a war zone and you will not have solid snake come out the other side
>>
I got caught up into the MB/FOB pit, and can't really get out.
>>
>>379630710
>tfw spend hours thinking of headcanon fixes to MGSV
>tfw it puts me off playing the game because I realize how it could have been so much better by making changes whilst keeping the overall style, themes and design/story.
>>
>>379630839
You didn't play MGS2 clearly. It's not as clear cut literal as that.
>>
File: 1443088710119.jpg (279KB, 891x695px) Image search: [Google]
1443088710119.jpg
279KB, 891x695px
>>379630227
This shit just breaks my heart... the fact that we never got and never will get to see Big Boss go by Saladin and recruit a loli Sniper Wolf.
Or even meet and recruit these fuckers
>Bloody Brad
>Dirty Duck
>Fire Trooper
>Machinegun Kid
>Shotmaker
>Vulcan Raven
Honestly thought we fight them as bosses in MGSV or at least meet them...
>>
>>379627501
This post is gonna get ignored, but peace walker is the reason this game has so many problems. I don't know why he didn't drop this style of game.
>>
>>379631026
>anyone can be like Snake if put in the right circumstances
>anyone
>anyone
>anyone
>>
>>379620225
and yet TPP still sucks dick
>>
>>379627501
>MGS V is a direct successor to PW, it is a PW 2.0 in all but name and therein lies the problem. Not the story itself, but the way it was presented.
This. I think I was fine with PW because it's just a spinoff handheld game but jesus, it's not even a lie to say that MGSV is just PW 2.0 with all the same problems.
>>
>>379614043
who cares? metal gear was retarded.
>>
Is Ghost Babel considered canonical to the MG timeline? I remember some autist telling me it was when I used to work at Blockbuster.
>>
>>379631308
>reading comprehension
>>
>>379629865
Sure, utilities like supressors and larger magazines (which btw have zero downside so why would you ever not use them?).
But statistics like rate of fire, grouping and range can be fiddled with by only a few pixels which makes jack shit difference in actual use.
>>
>>379631905
No, it's like an alternate timeline where MGS1 doesn't happen.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 1061x717px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 1061x717px
>E3 comes around
>Hideo makes a speech
>Prepares to leave the stage
>All of a sudden
>"NOT YET SNAKE! ITS NOT OVER YET!"
>Yfw
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
The spirit of the warrior will always be with you
>>
>>379632545
>E3
>Kojima gives a 45 minute long speech in broken english about information or something
>Nobody in the crowd knows what he's talking about and just wants to see cool new games
>Geoff is visibly crying at the greatness of Kojima-san
>Somewhere in South America, Caramel warms up the cum he's been saving in his freezer in the microwave and has a shot before snorting the rest
>>
>>379614043
I could have forgiven it all if they'd released that level editor, and let fans make their own Snake tales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCs0xxUS5as
>>
>>379633476
damn I've never even seen this.
>>
>>379633049
>E3
>Konami announces MGS3 remake in FOX Engine for PS4/XBONE/PC
>/v/ forgives everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyilBQZXFy8
>>
>>379634218
Not good enough.
I want a remake of the original Metal Gear games
>>
>>379634218
I don't even outright hate Konami and I would still eat this up.
>>
>>379634218
David Hayter's voice doesn't fit the graphics
>>
>MGS thread without Caramel and rusecruise fags
>actuall discussion takes place
Oh how Ive missed these.
>>
>>379634446
Honestly I prefer Kiefer. If only he had some things to say
>>
>>379625698
Peace Walker and Portable Ops were also called the MISSING LINK.
>>
>>379614043
>A game set in the middle of the time line was supposed to finish a franchise known for retconing stuff so it can continue on.
Man you're retarded.
>>
>>379618716
>there are people still defending this trainwreck
>>
File: 1494877306214.jpg (44KB, 719x591px) Image search: [Google]
1494877306214.jpg
44KB, 719x591px
>>379633476
This makes me very angry.
>>
>>379634853
Nah, as long as it's not PW Hayter then he's better than Sutherland.
>>
>>379635192
Hayter was great at Solid but Kiefer was always more convincing as Big Boss.
>>
>>379621967
I'll insult that fuck any time I want. Fuck caramel.
>>
File: Can't you even die right.png (415KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Can't you even die right.png
415KB, 960x720px
what did he mean by that? You only live twice?
>>
>>379633476
UTTER WASTE
>>
>>379635919
He "died" in Zanzibarland.
>>
>>379636159
wish I died
>>
File: AbsolutelyNuclear.jpg (160KB, 1200x742px) Image search: [Google]
AbsolutelyNuclear.jpg
160KB, 1200x742px
>>379633476
I fucking forgot about this.
>>
File: Curse.jpg (231KB, 869x943px) Image search: [Google]
Curse.jpg
231KB, 869x943px
>>379636213
We all do, my friend. It's the way life is.
>>
>>379614472
>>379616308
The problem is whether we asked for it or not promises were made to us and were broken.

>>379634940
No they weren't. Kojima said he was bringing the series full circle with this game, closing the gaps. The downfall of Big Boss becoming a demon. These were literally things Kojima promised us and failed to deliver on. And you won't find any quote from him saying similar things about Peace Walker. Portable Ops? He didn't even fucking work on that game let alone talk about it.
>>
I didn't really like Peace Walker. The boss fights were shit.
>>
>>379636458
I agree
>>
>>379636405
>>379622579
>>
>>379633476
>those multiple orgasm noises
Japs are so weird.
>>
File: pliskin.jpg (17KB, 323x384px) Image search: [Google]
pliskin.jpg
17KB, 323x384px
Will there ever be a game about Pliskin and his backstory? The guy is obviously a much deeper character than one might think at first.
>>
>>379636405
>No they weren't
see>>379622579
Unless that itself is misleading.
>>
>>379636756
No, the mystery of his life makes him far more interesting.
>>
>>379634446
It never did even in the original. They never actually synced the voices properly on the English localization anyway so it'd hardly be an issue.
>>
>>379629841
Never mind that MSF saved the world from a CIA hothead *and* a KGB plot to win the Cold War.
>>
>>379622891
>As an European, V really resonated with me, especially with the language themes. It's actually scary that I use english more often than my own language.
I get you, and I'm pretty sure that's what Kojima was going for. Personally I think the fact that this hardly came across for a lot people was a failing on his part.
>>
File: hall.png (673KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
hall.png
673KB, 960x720px
i was hiding in the wall this whole time
>>
I wonder how many FOB are just left forever on their own to rot away. There are so many people online who have 0 resources and almost no guards because they have been invaded into the ground.
>>
File: venomsnakesmirk.jpg (36KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
venomsnakesmirk.jpg
36KB, 640x432px
>>
>>379637325
probably me
>>
>>379637346
Our guy?
>>
>>379637325
I never turned on FOB since I never logged online and kept putting it off.
>>
>>379637346
>>379629841
This was meant for you and I yelled " no " out loud when I hit post
>>
>>379636458
Peace Walker pathed the way for PP's shit mission structure and boss fights.
I will never understand why /v/ likes it.
>>
File: I'veBeenWaitingForThisPain.jpg (33KB, 445x356px) Image search: [Google]
I'veBeenWaitingForThisPain.jpg
33KB, 445x356px
>>379634218
After everything Konami did to Silent Hill, I will never forgive them or buy a product from them again.
>>
>>379614043
Metal Gear Solid fucking TWO was supposed to finish the franchise.

Everything you got after that was just extra.
>>
>>379629841
I agree.
>>
Has a single game surpassed MGSV's trailers?
https://youtu.be/GJVxPAiB7as
>>
>>379637616
>Metal Gear Solid fucking TWO was supposed to finish the franchise.
And even that's debatable.
>>
>>379614043
>>metal gear solid 5 was supposed to finish the franchise
maybe this has already been addressed but i ain't reading 350 posts fuck you

MGS4 'finished' the franchise. MGSV just linked the Naked Snake/Big Boss era with the Solid Snake era and more or less accomplished this, showing how The Patriots went from Zero's own Illuminatii type shadow government into a system managed by machines that spun out of control. MGSPW already showed Big Boss setting out on the path to villainy so really explaining about Zero's Patriots became so evil was the only thing left to explain.
>>
>>379629841
how can you betray someone who doesn't care?
>>379632545
>>
>>379618716
>Ground Zeroes torture is in the game, during gameplay.
Yeah, because they fucking reused shit they had to scrap from camp Omega.
>hurrrr the prisoner in the bee mission gets the same torture animation from a kilometer away where you can barely fucking see it so it's not cut content
>hurrrr the burned village where snake collapsed in the Nuclear trailer is still there so it's not cut content
fuck off
>>
>>379637529

That stuff made more sense in Phantom Pain.

Honestly, the problem with Phantom Pain is that it didn't make good on the pacing. I'm not saying they cut a whole fucking chapter, but the conclusion happens way too quickly compared to the slow build of the bulk of the game.
>>
>>379614472
I'm the kind of a person that just wants an interquel that has an intelligent story, not a shitfest with magical parasite zombies.

You're bringing up Alien, but nothing that Ridley Scott has ever done was as hilariously, pants-on-head retarded as what Kojima wrote in V's script.
>>
>>379624267
what is her prison number?
>>
>>379637686
The trailers and ground zeroes hyped Skull Face into a much bigger villain than he actually was
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
>tfw the entirety of TPP was basically a giant fuck you to anyone who wanted a typical revenge tale and Big Boss villainy portrayed in a grandiose way.

The way they presented Big Boss as a Metal Gear villain in MGSV was both fitting and hilarious.
>>
How long until Caramel is either proven right, or BTFO?
>>
>>379637686
Best trailer is the first one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03nUMw7japI
>>
>>379638259
Two days, when Sony goes on stage at E3 and doesn't show off his dream game
>>
>>379615326
>One boss fight was cut. One

Kek. Along with a whole subplot about Chico stalking you throughout the game and serving as the sword-wielding boss.

>but it was just concept art

Nope, Chico missions were in development. They even left files referencing them in the MGSV phone app. And let's not forget all the unfinished and cut motherbase content.

>you can train and spar with your soldiers on motherbase!
>actually you can just shoot at targets by yourself and beat up your soldiers while they thank you for it

>Oh look there's Ocelot, let's say hello, you will find characters and special staff members wandering around motherbase if you decide to take a break and go visit them
>actually no you wont lol

>Build and customize motherbase any way you want, so when somebody invades you have the advantage of knowing all the shortcuts etc, because you built it!
>actually they're all exactly the same lol but u can paint them xd

>People who own GZ will be able to play a different mission at Camp Omega in TPP. There’s something of a big feature involved. It’s never been done in the games industry before. So I can’t go into detail about it, but I think when you experience it for yourselves you’ll be surprised. It’s something that’s only possible through video games.
>actually there is no missions or groundbreaking big feature but heres an online map and it doesn't actually matter if you own GZ or not lol thanks for buying the demo

The game was unfinished, face it. Kojima ran out of time and money because he was spending too much of both. Konami understandably got fed and said wrap this shit up so alot of things were scrapped altogether (including things we were outright promised) or rushed to a "complete" state.
>>
>>379638335
Sorry the 2015 e3 trailer and the redband one are way better
>>
File: 1446458339313.jpg (18KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1446458339313.jpg
18KB, 250x250px
>>379638335
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMyoCr2MnpM
These physically hurt me....
>>
>>379638496
I really hate how he spent so much time on extravagant business trips promoting the game, while also spending money on props and such while the game was still obviously in development.
>>
File: 1487271522063.jpg (78KB, 300x346px) Image search: [Google]
1487271522063.jpg
78KB, 300x346px
I don't want to shill but brutalcumpowder made the best video about the game and you guys might enjoy it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn80fulQvug
>>
>>379638870
Just another example of his frivolous spending. The musical composer really put things in perspective when she talked about it. He paid her to write like 40 songs and most of them ended up not being used in any way. That's not typical in this biz. Kojima being a salary man meant he didn't have any sort of business sense that Konami did. He got paid the same no matter when the game came out or how well it did he wasn't affected by it so he didn't care if he was delaying or spending too much as long as he could keep adding shit to make it the best game he could. It's pretty obvious this is what lead to the split between him and Konami.
>>
File: 1443165232470.gif (3MB, 279x350px) Image search: [Google]
1443165232470.gif
3MB, 279x350px
>>379638496
>>Build and customize motherbase any way you want, so when somebody invades you have the advantage of knowing all the shortcuts etc, because you built it!
>>actually they're all exactly the same lol but u can paint them xd
The ending of the e3 demo really killed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPkb9QS3w40
Was going to have so much fucking fun the summer it was release, invading as many bases as I could and defending my own personal, unique base...
Fuck Konami and fuck Kojima! I'm only forgiving the dev team at this point.
>>
>>379637686
>rich political thriller with spiritual overtones
>devolved into an open-world disaster with little-to-no coherent plotline.

Fuck this trailer brings all that disappointment home again.
>>
>>379638496
>Build and customize motherbase any way you want, so when somebody invades you have the advantage of knowing all the shortcuts etc, because you built it!

But Anon, if you grind staff ranks long enough you can place up to 3 cameras and 12 mines in your FOB!

(Don't mind the fact that everyone places those in the exact same locations everywhere as well, like putting all mines on the bridges and cameras near the spawn points.)
>>
>>379639543
>Fuck Konami and fuck Kojima! I'm only forgiving the dev team at this point.

Agreed to an extent. Kojima might have deserved all the time and money he needed in some peoples eyes but he was really pig-headed and took too much. I don't care if you're Meryl Streep, you don't keep rambling on for 5 minutes after the wrap-up music starts playing.

I'm glad he's on his own now and free to spend as much time and money as he wants, and I look forward to DS. But in a way his arrogance is what lead to the state of MGSV.
>>
>>379622579
Jesus Chist... Kojima can't make up his mind for shit
>>
>>379633476
>literally had level editor
>almost unlimited time and money for development
>made only 2 areas afghanistan and africa

damn
>>
>that time when Kojima blamed his team for not actualizing his "vision" of MGS4
>how it was their fault why MGS4 was shit
>how he let hem be because he felt bad for them
>how he regrets that and felt that he should have been harsher to them
I love Kojima's work as much as the next guy but he can be such an egotistic asshole.

Also
>that time when Kojima planned for MGS:Rising to be the new team's project
>but he still keeps checking in on them because "not muh MGS"
>yet he ends up quietly cancelling it despite teasing it to high heaven
>then when Platinum buys the project he acts indifferent towards it
>says it's "different from how I'd do a future MG so it's not canon to MGS4 since it's NOT BY ME"
>all this despite Platinum's interviews and efforts to make it a proper direct sequel that respects continuity
>then MGR comes out, becomes widely-received
>suddenly Kojima is a fan
>starts promoting it everywhere, waving HF swords in conventions and booths
>whips up a trailer stamping "A HIDEO KOJIMA TRAILER DIRECTED BY HIDEO KOJIME EDITED BY HIDEO KOJIMA"

Really, sad as how MGSV turned out, I'm glad he's now working on his own new IP.
>>
File: mgs5.jpg (31KB, 440x248px) Image search: [Google]
mgs5.jpg
31KB, 440x248px
>>379636568
>>379636774
>Kojima said he was bringing the series full circle with this game, closing the gaps. The downfall of Big Boss becoming a demon. These were literally things Kojima promised us and failed to deliver on. And you won't find any quote from him saying similar things about Peace Walker /PO

That was the pertinent info I was trying to convey. Pretty funny about those words in the trailer though.

>>379640126
He does seem pretty fickle. Pic related, although the change may have been made by konami
>>
>>379640689
Didn't he say that MGS: Rising and PW were meant to be the "spiritual" MGS5 since he was calling it quits (again)?
>>
File: 5234456523441323.jpg (556KB, 800x1011px) Image search: [Google]
5234456523441323.jpg
556KB, 800x1011px
>>379640214
>>almost unlimited money for development

They had different priorities.
>>
>>379640667
>whips up a trailer stamping "A HIDEO KOJIMA TRAILER DIRECTED BY HIDEO KOJIME EDITED BY HIDEO KOJIMA"

This got way too fucking excessive in MGSV

>Designed by Hideo Kojima, some other guys who cares lol
>Directed by Hideo Kojima
>Produced by Hideo Kojima
>in every fucking mission

We don't need to see your name multiple times at the beginning of every fucking mission Kojima. We don't even need credits for every mission, let alone ones that SPOIL THE PLOT OF THE FUCKING MISSION you delusional gook what the fuck is wrong with you seriously.
>>
>>379640116
80 mil to create a new engine + game is not terrible. It would have been much cheaper if he didn't create a new engine specifically for the game.
>>
>>379640882
I don't personally remember but he probably did. He's gone back and forth on making the "last" mgs for almost 2 decades now. I'm glad it's over.
>>
>>379640214
Why was Africa so fucking boring though? Afghan was at least somewhat interesting.
>>
>>379641226
This shit drove me up the fucking wall
to think people were so bent out of shape and upset that Konami was going "remove 'A Hideo Kojima Game' from the box art."
>>
>>379641457
Because you got half a game.
>>
>>379641248
It was bad enough for Konami to pull the plug. Perhaps they didn't see the engine as the investment it was. Perhaps they were fine with it until their next meeting with Kojima where he might have said "I need 2 more years and another 50 million", who knows. All we do know is that conflicts about time and money are what lead to the eventual rushing of the game and departure from Konami.
>>
File: Snake-Smoking.jpg (27KB, 600x362px) Image search: [Google]
Snake-Smoking.jpg
27KB, 600x362px
I just want to see Solid again. I miss him. The series started with him and it shouldn't have ending without him. It didn't have to come full circle but some kind of cameo would have been nice.
>>
File: 46037857467468.jpg (26KB, 600x695px) Image search: [Google]
46037857467468.jpg
26KB, 600x695px
>>379640927
>"I wanted snake to have a more subdued performance, expressed through subtle facial movements and tone of voice rather than words."
>"Therefore we needed someone who could genuinely convey both the facial and vocal qualities of a man in his late 40's."
Not only did he snub Hater, but he also disrespectfully played down Akio's past performances as well.
>>
>>379641879
Because their CEO wanted to go towards a low cost high profit market strategy. It's costly to make video games for a potentially low return. Alternatively, gambling is very profitable, so Koanami jumped ship and pumped out MGSV quickly to get some kind of profit from it.

You could argue that Kojima is a lot of things but he wouldn't pump out an unfinished game because he is an autistic perfectionist.
>>
>>379614472
>>Oh man we never saw Big Boss recruit Kaz so we need a prequel to Peace Walker
We actually did "see" him recruit Kaz. It's in one of the tapes.
>>
>tfw the twist didn't work because you're black and made a blackman avatar

literally nothing more immersion breaking than this
>>
File: 1470619708715.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1470619708715.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>379642073
>mfw Kojima said he prefers Big Boss because Snake "is not a real human" and Big Boss "is a real human being with true emotions."
>>
>>379641562
>>379641226
>gee I wonder when Skullface and his Metal Gear will eventually show up, it will be nice to be surprised by something after the trailers showed pretty much every pivotal moment or cool cutscene in the game already

>HIDEO KOJIMA
>HIDEO KOJIMA
>HIDEO KOJIMA
>HIDEO KOJIMA
>FEATURING SKULLFACE AND SAHELANTHROPUS

Well fuck you too then Kojima.
>>
>>379642073
I remember so many people were getting excited when they found out David Hayter wasn't going to be voicing Big Boss anymore, and not for the reason you think.
Everyone was hoping the game would end with Solid Snake sneaking into Outer Heaven, mirroring Big Boss' entrance into Camp Omega, with David's "Kept you waiting, huh?"
>>
>>379622579
https://youtu.be/TTOla3TyfqQ
>>
>>379642515
To this day I still think that would have been the best ending.
>>
File: 1492657993428.jpg (131KB, 459x448px) Image search: [Google]
1492657993428.jpg
131KB, 459x448px
>>379642484
>mfw we couldn't even skip those credits
>mfw everyone just told me to "lol just look away from your screen, bro. Just shut off your brain lol"
>>
>>379642484
>it will be nice to be surprised by something after the trailers showed pretty much every pivotal moment or cool cut-scene in the game already
I hate this so much. All the cut scenes in the trailer made me think, like I would for any other entertainment product, that it's showing just a small part of much much more. I didn't expect the trailers to showcase LITERALLY every SINGLE cut-scene in the ENTIRE fucking game
>>
>>379614043
It's a fucking prequel, it can't finish the franchise, the franchise ended with 4.
And precisely wanting the answer to everything is the reason why 4 exists, which is a piece of shit.
>>
>>379642235
>You could argue that Kojima is a lot of things but he wouldn't pump out an unfinished game because he is an autistic perfectionist.

Oh I agree and I don't blame his work ethic or ambition at all for the state of the game. Reports say that when the decision was made that enough was enough is when Kojima was segregated from his team while they essentially took what they already had finished and wrapped it up into a presentable package.
>>
>>379642515
I didn't even need that. I would be happy if he had at least something in the game. Like if MGSV had actual cutscenes, Maybe when Ocelot was talking to Kaz about the taking the clones , it could show a picture of young David.
>>
>>379626841
>le kino
Kill yourself, redditor.
>>
The problem is that everyone expected Big Boss to literally become an over the top child killing villain when they should've known better especially after being fooled by MGS2.

One of the biggest recurring themes in the Metal Gear series is how the legends of war heroes are often very exaggerated and are used by leaders to further their own interests. Solid Snake rejected the idea that he was some kind of hero after defeating Big Boss twice, and Zero used the legend of Big Boss to gain support for his agenda. The Boss was also hailed as a hero after her exploits during WW2. However, as the times change, the leaders may decide to vilify the heroes that were once worshiped if it suits their interests. This happened to the Boss, it happened to Solid Snake after Shadow Moses. The countries they once proudly served turned against them. But the Boss chose to accept her fate because she wanted to heal the world and bring peace, as she felt responsible for the outset of the Cold War, and if her sacrifice would help accomplish this then so be it. A world at peace after all would mean a world where soldiers are no longer needed.

Big Boss's downfall came from him rejecting what the Boss stood for. Big Boss wanted a world where soldiers would always have a place. Where soldiers wouldn't be used and then discarded by the countries they served. What MGSV shows us is that he aims to do this by exploiting his own legend. He takes advantage of his newly acquired body double and has Venom (a stand in for the player) take Big Boss's place temporarily, making him a walking target while Big Boss gets to hide away safely. Venom's actions would spread the legend of Big Boss for him, and when the time came for the real Big Boss to return, well, Venom would no longer be needed. This is everything that the Boss was against and that she wanted to stop.
>>
>>379642971
>Big Boss to literally become an over the top child killing villain when they should've known better especially after being fooled by MGS2.
I don't think everyone did, and I sure as hell didn't given how much cushioning Kojima had done beforehand in MGS3, MGS4, and even PW.

Also saying that "it fooled you like MGS2" somehow justifies its own faults is just a silly excuse that deflects any actual criticism especially when MGS2 pulled it off a lot better.
>>
>>379642484
>>379642769
Was there a single cutscene that wasn't shown at least in part before the game released? Outside of circumstantial shit like the birthday scene, I don't think so.
>>
>>379643263
Only notable scene I can think of is the one where Skullface is killed. Was the scene where he gets grabbed by the MG in the fog in the Killer Bee mission in any of the trailers?
>>
>>379643231
The game isn't perfect I admit and it's obviously incomplete. Just that most of the criticisms I read early on after MGSV came out was that Venom wasn't really doing anything villainous or that we didn't get to see Big Boss do anything evil either.
>>
Did anyone else just not like how Kojima diluted The Boss's story and overall charisma by literally shoving her into various points in history while saying "well the reason you didn't know about her is BECAUSE they removed all traces of her"?

Same deal with Big Boss's vendetta against America and Zero with how he over-complicated the circumstances behind them after each new prequel entry. Seriously, I felt like what MGS3 had to offer was more than enough.
>>
>>379642971
We expected Big Boss to become a demon. We expected an actual descent into villainy. because these were things we were promised by Kojima himself multiple times. Then the "Kaz, I'm already a demon" line is just tossed in near the beginning devoid of any real meaning, and the only morally questionable thing Big Boss does the entire game is use Venom as a pawn on his supposed quest to create a world where soldiers are treated like pawns. And it wasn't even his idea he just went along with it and didn't have much of a choice.
>>
>>379642971
But Big Boss himself in MG2 said he did fuck up evil things. You can't see the Big Boss from PW being the same guy in MG2. This was suppose to be the bridge and it all it did was explain why Big Boss didn't die in MG1. There's still no characterization in any of BB's appearances that link up with his MG2 persona.
>>
Dumbest thing about mgsv is that the whole "anyone can be big bossu" further invalidates MGS2's plot. In that game for the Patriots to make Raiden into a solider like Snake was obviously a multi-million dollar conspiracy that was the focal point of the whole game. In MGSV it went "lol hypnosis and plastic surgury that's all off screen now your big boss". Really makes you wonder why the Patriots didn't do the same thing later on to make more Solid Snakes.
>>
>>379643494
>Was the scene where he gets grabbed by the MG in the fog in the Killer Bee mission in any of the trailers?
Parts of it, yeah.
>>
>>379643776
>In that game for the Patriots to make Raiden into a solider like Snake was obviously a multi-million dollar conspiracy that was the focal point of the whole game.
Not only that, but the whole conspiracy had more to do with how much power The Patriots had where they can manipulate information and events to such a degree that they can create whatever sort of context they needed to shape history as they saw fit, while filtering all the information that they deemed useless or overly trivial to their vision.

The whole "we can turn anyone into Snake" was just the tip of the iceberg by comparison and just the surface level stuff.
>>
>>379643776
Didn't The Patriot AI in MGS2 explain that making Raiden into Snake wasn't anything special?
>>
>>379629084
>MG 2 BIGBOSS: "Start a war, fan its flames, create victims... Then save them, train them... And feed them back unto the battlefield. "
>me: "oh shit MGS V's gonna be so fucking good; finally I'm gonna see HOW BigBoss turned into a cold, heartless mofo"
Seriously?
You think going full edge means the story being good?
I'm simply baffled at how a game with such a retardedly bad story actually has a fanbase based on it.
It's as if suddenly Call of Duty formed a fanbase based on their stupid stories, it doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>379643494
Ah yes, the memorable death scene of the main villain after you finally face off against hi-- oh wait.

>Was the scene where he gets grabbed by the MG in the fog in the Killer Bee mission in any of the trailers?

It is, you see Snake upside down in Sallys hand face to face with Skullface. I remember thinking "oh man what a climactic moment how is he gonna get out of this one?" but oh he just lets him go and leaves lol no worries I guess he doesn't really want Boss dead after all or does he lol xd oh Kojima u so crazy.
>>
File: villager.gif (920KB, 446x374px) Image search: [Google]
villager.gif
920KB, 446x374px
>Unable to develop any more simultaneously

Why the fuck can you only develop 4 online items at the same time? Especially when even some shitty pistol takes at least 7 days to finish. Can't even make one of the weekly challenge related camos because some random items are still in development.
>>
>>379644205

Even if it was easy for the Patriots, I don't think it makes it not special, it still required Raiden to fight a special forces squad, sneak around a large military complex, meet a cyborg ninja who the Patroits placed to be there, etc, so it was several magnitudes more difficult than just hypnosis and muscle therapy in a hospitable bed. And the latter could be done at anytime to anyone at any time, while the former had to be very meticulously engineered.
>>
>>379633476
shit, this reminds me about what that Konami anon said from EU or someplace...
could someone please post the things he said about the plans for MGS V?
>>
>>379644439
> Still playing this turd

I'm very sorry anon
>>
File: xq1v1y89nn2z.jpg (162KB, 679x1000px) Image search: [Google]
xq1v1y89nn2z.jpg
162KB, 679x1000px
Hey remember that new artwork of a female character you all thought was the Boss? Sorry to disappoint.
>>
>>379641457
>get to africa
>get excited to start using all my lethal weapons for once
>2/3 of the enemies are rhodies and afrikkaners

why tho

>>379641226
I thought it was fucking hilarious.
>HIDEO KOJIMA PRESENTS A HIDEO KOJIMA PRESENTATION BY HIDEO KOJIMA FEATURING HIDEO KOJIMA
>>
>>379644912
Raiden's mind was pretty fucked before the patriots started his reprogramming. Venom's method was unstable by itself.
>>
File: hiding.png (694KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
hiding.png
694KB, 960x720px
how do i not suck at mgs i keep getting caught and forgot my mine detector from grim
>>
>>379635270
>Hayter was great at Solid but Kiefer was always more convincing as Big Boss.

Did we play the same game? Kiefer barely said anything and when he did he sounded drunk as fuck.

>KAPCUH WAITIN HA?
>>
>>379645907
It's honestly hard to gauge how good Kiefer's performance was since it was almost nonexistent. I still think he's better than Hayter though, Hayter was always goofy and it would've been awkward in MGSV. Sutherland would've done a solid job if he had a job to do in the first place.
>>
>>379646192
I think Hayter desevered a chance. I mean I thought the serious moments Snake had in MGS2- 4 were pretty great.
>>
>>379645824
>use first person view to scout for cameras, hiding spots, enemy routes and play your route ahead
>take advantage of dumb enemy AI
>use chaffs, C4 and other equipment wisely
>call Colonel for noob tips
>takes couple of tries to perfect every level so be patient
>>
>>379626206
yes it is retard
>rehash places from story chapters and use them in side ops
>hurr durr go back here, kill soldiers/stealth and then fulton something
>repeat for the next 30 hours
>>
File: 7657473564356345645635778.jpg (56KB, 860x484px) Image search: [Google]
7657473564356345645635778.jpg
56KB, 860x484px
>>379646192
>>379646438
It sucks for Hayter, it really does...
>he spent years dedicated to his voice of Solid Snake/Big Boss
>spent his own time promoting the games
>took pay cut for shitty gamecube remake
>he's also a big fan of the games himself and deeply respects Kojima as a writer
>never put down despite having to re-audition for his roles
>sees teaser and announcements for upcoming MGSV
>has to find out second hand that he's being replaced
>literally nobody stuck up for him, but hey, that's the the business
>has to take Kojima's lame excuse for using a "professional" actor
>probably saw that Akio Otsuka got to keep his role
>probably knew that Akio never had to re-audition for any of the games
>more than likely saw the Kojima Farewell video where he pays a visit to people who've worked on the game for years and some voice actors
>>
>>379646828
and then finally I get to reach big boss rank
>>
>>379631084
stop replying to yourself lol
>>
File: 1496606924884.png (3MB, 1920x7356px) Image search: [Google]
1496606924884.png
3MB, 1920x7356px
>>379645186
This one?
>>
Did anyone ever understand who or what Ishmael was? Is he real or not? He can't be BB because two eyes and no beard + can't CQC for shit. And the timestamps in Truth make no sense. Is it something deep and meaningful or just a giant plot hole?
>>
>>379647863
Wasn't this debunked?
>>
>>379648058
>two eyes and no beard

The no beard was probably an oversight but Big Boss never lost his eye he just burned/scarred it. The injury as described b paramedic in MGS3 coincides with how it looks in V.
>>
>>379625698
>marketing
>canon

pick one
>>
>>379629084

I feel you.
>>
>>379636405
Nothing was promised to you. How a supposed fan of the series didn't see this coming a mile alway is nobodys fault but your own. Your butthurt is also nobodies fault but your own. Series was already full circle. You were very clearly rused like most others into thinking BB was going to "Become a demon." You can bitch about it all you want, but YOU were played like a damn fiddle. And THAT was the point.

Get over it. The game was still amazing even though it lacks a proper ending.
>>
>>379648798
>Big Boss never lost his eye he just burned/scarred it.
Huh. I thought that bullet did way more than that, but I might be wrong. But the lack of CQC is still weird, BB would almost let himself die, just to stay undercover? And the timestamps still make no sense.

This thread makes me want to play older Mgs games again, I've forgotten so much...
>>
>>379649297
>Nothing was promised to you

Wrong. Kojima promised things, both thematically and gameplay-wise, that weren't in the game. This is fact.

>You were very clearly rused like most others into thinking BB was going to "Become a demon."

Fuck off retard. Not every Kojima says or does is a fucking "ruse". And when he does ruse it doesn't involve outright lying or making broken promises.
>>
Reddit memers fuck off
>>
>>379649935
No, its not a fact. He didn't promise you everything. The only thing close to a fact was that you WERE rused by the marketing. This is true because we were told by the trailers that Big Boss would become a demon when he did absolutely nothing of the sort.

That was not a promise. It was marketing, and you fell for every bit of it and decide to bitch about it on the internet because your foolish ass feels YOU'VE been wronged somehow. This is what Kojima was talking about. He assumed everyone would be the same overreactive child about this that you're being. Nothing was promised to you. Get over it. This is the last time I'm going to tell you, people like you barely deserve the time to be told how childish you are.
>>
>>379624267
When is mantis is pw? i dont remember that.
>>
>>379643776
You're a fucking retard who obviously doesn't know shit. At that point the philosophers legacy was zeros and he had all the money and power he needed to do what he pleased.

Honestly this is the trend of people who run their mouth about MGSV. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>379618716
Quiet is shit though.
>>
>>379649801
>But the lack of CQC is still weird

Weird yes, but probably another oversight.

>better not use CQC or show that I'm an experienced soldier in order to fool the player/Venom

>seconds later is teaching you how to wield weapons and field dress wounds

I think the ending/twist reveal was supposed to play out differently at first.

>>379650162
>No, its not a fact. He didn't promise you

It is, and he did. It wasn't just marketing, he straight up said the game would tell the story of Big Boss becoming the true villain we know him as in MG1. It didn't That's not a ruse, that's just an unfulfilled promise.

If you seriously believe otherwise you're a naive moron.

>false advertising and lying in interviews is all part of LE EBIN RUSE LOLXD

Kill yourself. Or keep replying with your dumbass delusions. I don't actually care what you do. Retards will be retards.
>>
>>379650350
Raiden was a product of intense VR training as well, its not really the same as Zero's infinite funds hocus pocus.
>>
>>379650162
Also we got HOURS of gameplay footage before the game came out and we knew what we were getting. Anyone saying otherwise is an idiot.
>>
>>379650581
>It is, and he did. He said yada yada
No he didn't, and you have no hope of ever proving that. Kojima never made any direct statements on the content of MGSV for very good reason. The only thing that ever hinted at what was going to happen was the trailers. Quit talking out of your ass, the naive moron is you.

>The rest of this crybaby post

Stay mad, dumbfuck. I'm not the one who got rused and feels jaded about it on the internet.
>>
>>379645308
>tfw we could have had the best nigger killer simulator to date and Kojima failed us there too
WHY
>>
File: 1494600652060.jpg (185KB, 1698x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1494600652060.jpg
185KB, 1698x1140px
>get MGSV
>turn hud off
>don't bring any buddies
>bring only tier one weapons and for close quarters only
>pretend the game has no story and it's just a side-op sandbox
>game becomes fun as fuck

The engine is a master piece, I wonder what could have been achieved if it was directed and written by a competent person and not that piece of shit hack called Jimbo Kojima.

I guess we will never know.
>>
>>379614043
I need loli sniper wolf in my life so badly
>>
File: 1489718572929.jpg (11KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
1489718572929.jpg
11KB, 318x313px
>game centers around stealthy non-lethal strategies
>5,000,000 lethal loud weapons
>3 non-lethal weapons

This game is so shit it's unreal.
>>
>>379650665
Raiden was a product of more than that, and in the end Raiden was no snake, he was just a killing machine.

>hocus pocus

Yeah okay, whatever makes you feel right in your mind I guess.
>>
>>379650717
Thats not the problem with the mass of babies on /v/ who feel jaded about the game. The problem is they can't get over the fact that they were fooled into thinking this game was going to be a fall of Big Boss AKA Naked Snake into becoming an evil villain that he never was. These same shitheads knew NOTHING about MG1 or MG2 other than Big Boss was the antagonist and whole-heartedly expected a fall from grace story, which was all just a clever marketing ploy to make the twist at the end feel more substantial, which hit people in a variety of ways, some bad, some good. Kojima expected everyone to be furious with him because of how he employed blatantly deceptive marketing, which is why he said he "Might have to leave the industry." He expected everyone to act like the same breed of butthrut manchild you see here on /v/ claiming they've been so horribly wrong and that kojima "Never made good on his promises." that he never made.

They didn't get what they wanted so they bitch about it on the internet. Which isn't even worth it considering the bitching should be done about the budget and how Chapter 3 never got made because Konami forced the team to make the game work for the previous generation of consoles and Kojima squandered development time and resources. And we somehow STILL got a decent game from all this bullshit.
>>
>>379650350
>completely missing the point this fucking hard while saying "durr u dun noe shit hurrrrff"

How ironic. The point is the patriots went through this elaborate VR recreation process that was a huge ordeal when back in the 80s all it took was one man and some simple brainwashing/memory implanting to achieve better results.
>>379650772
>No he didn't, and you have no hope of ever proving that

>That’s the strong point of long-lived series. For fans who really love the heroic Snakes, I must make them accept the Snakes fall into the demon in TPP

I would go on but the fact that you think I need to prove stuff like this when it's been common knowledge for years to anyone following the games development means you don't know shit and aren't worth taking seriously.
>>
>>379651294
This game actually has the most non-leathal weapons of any metal gear game. Most of the other games have maybe 2 non-leathal weapons and some random item like stun grenades or gas.
>>
>>379651462
>I need to prove
You don't. Because you can't. Get over it. You were never promised anything.
>>
File: mgs-how-to_make-buddies-mgo.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
mgs-how-to_make-buddies-mgo.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>MGO is already dead

Why?

>MGS3's MGO was amazing
>MGS4's MGO was pretty good
>MGSV's MGO was pure shit
>>
>>379651079
The game is good normally. I enjoy tacticool ops to 80s/mgs tunes.
>>
>>379651543
Don't bother, retards like him just want to say it's shit to sound cool.
>>
>>379647863
thanks...

>>379648494
this was debunked? I was kinda convinced by this desu
this was debunked? I was kinda convinced by this
>>
>>379651294
This is the first MGS game where going full loud and full lethal is an option, and catered to be fun as hell.

>>379651462
Read the post above you. That quote isn't a promise by any means.

Wait. You're the same shithead that made this post? >>37964377 Why am I not surprised you absolutely jaded manchild.
>>
>>379651307
Whatever indeed. Your mental gymnastics for defending V writing is pathetic.
>>
>>379651810
I recall some anon saying that actual datamining revealed some significant inconsistencies with that post but he never elaborated.
>>
Someone please post pictures of Caramel-FIB's sexy tranny ass.
>>
File: mgs is hard.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
mgs is hard.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>379651625

>you still can't use your online waifu to play in the single player

This alone is the reason why this game is pure nonredeemable shit.
>>
>>379651934
How could datamining have debunked an anon supposedly revealing the speculative nature of the games development? The lack of remnants of what he spoke about?
>>
>>379651625
What's more dead: MGO or FOB Raiding?
>>
>>379652050
Outsourced multiplayer has always worked.
>>
>>379651552
>You don't. Because you can't

Just did retard. I just posted a direct quote from Kojima saying he was making Big Boss a demon in TPP. Just because you choose to bury your head in the sand doesn't mean your dumb ass isn't wrong. It's like you're my 5 year old son who got caught red-handed in the cookie jar and tried to say he wasn't spoiling his dinner, this level of self inflicted delusion.

>>379651825
>That quote isn't a promise

It is so. As were all the promised features listed here >>379638496. But let me guess, all part of the ruse right? Kill yourself.

>Wait. You're some other guy I'm pointing out in an attempt to deflect

No.
>>
>>379652050
>waifu
You're shit
>>
File: The Legend Called Snake.webm (821KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
The Legend Called Snake.webm
821KB, 700x394px
>introduction credits to every mission spoils the whole mission

Who thought this was going to be a good idea?
>>
>>379652582
Rusemaster Kojima who can do no wrong of course!
>>
>>379651552
That red band trailer though.
>>
File: 1442435012125.jpg (269KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1442435012125.jpg
269KB, 1920x1200px
>dat feel when the game is too hard for me

I always get spotted at some point.

I don't think I've ever finished a mission without raising the alarms.
>>
>>379652962
I didn't even know that rank existed.

I thought D was the lowest.
>>
>>379652331
>all part of the ruse right?

Exactly. The game is called The Phantom Pain. When he said those things would be in the game and showed them off it was like having an arm, then you find they aren't really there in the game and you feel the phantom pain of that missing arm just like Venom further solidifying the bond between him and you the player.
>>
>>379652962
Here is a typ: Crawling on the ground almost makes you invisible in this game and even if you get spotted, the enemy will amost always try to approach you to investigate, giving you enough time to line up a shot to tranq them.
>>
File: 1487980395260.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1487980395260.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>>379652962
HAHAHAHA you sucked
>>
>>379652331
>It is so
It is not. No matter how much your deluded brain wants to think it is. The one deluded here is you. You've proven nothing but that you can quote a man on the internet. And quote him incorrectly too, leaving out only the bits that matter so you can feel right.

>We were promised these features that were in the game except camp omega
Yeah and we got them all, except camp omega. The rest of that post is just bitching about the features not being as fleshed out as marketing made them seem to be. Is that an unfulfilled promise? No, its you getting what you were told you'd get and being unsatisfied with it because you're a jaded manchild. Even that "Big feature", which was clearly the nuclear disarmament. I also love how that person who quoted it DELIBERATELY OMITTED Kojima saying "Thats the current plan." Which obviously changed during the course of development.

Thats the closest thing to an unfulfilled promise you can pose, but even then its still not because of what I just posted above. It was part of the plan, but the plan never came to fruition, which is obvious. This doesn't mean you were promised a fall from grace story.
>>
>>379652962
How can someone be THIS bad at videogames? Were you born after the 7th gen started or something?
>>
>>379653161
We heard this bullshit excuse back when the game came out.
>OH IT'S BLATANTLY MISSING CONTENT AND THE MARKETING CAMPAIGN WAS MASSIVELY MISLEADING BORDERING ON THE MALICIOUS BECAUSE IT'S THE PHANTOM PAIN THE PLAYER FEELS NOT BECAUSE THE DEVELOPMENT GOT SHAFTED OR ANYTHING
>>
>>379652962
Is that the tank mission? Just wait at choke points, throw down a decoy, and fulton the tanks when they stop. Easy S.
>>
>>379652331
>I deleted my post so now I can just say you're deflecting if you decide to point out how retarded I was earlier in the thread.
>>
>>379614043
>>metal gear solid 5 was supposed to finish the franchise

It did. You simply cannot resolve the story as given with your exaggerated head canon.

>>It finished nothing

It resolved directly into metal gear. Outer Heaven was basically Mother Base. Operation Intrude was a test. Venom was the decoy.

>>Now we will never get to see Big Boss' side of things during the rise of Outer Heaven

See first response.

>>We will never see him build metal gear

You never saw any metal gear from design to construction. It's a namesake mcguffin in ever installment

>>We will never see him raise his outer heaven army while Venom was building his own

Again, back to 1st reply

>>We will never see him meet young Sniper Wolf

The last you see of Big Boss in in Ground Zeroes. That is the point.
>>
>>379652331
So you honestly think that a Big Boss fall from grace story was planned from the beginning just like Camp Omega but just never came to fruition because of the development hell, and is just another "unfulfilled promise"? Because it clearly wasn't.
>>
>>379652962
Backup Backdown becomes more fun when you get better gear.
I saved a bunch of guys and killed a bunch of guys and fucked up every tank I saw. Then more tanks show up to kill you and your intel team does not tell you where they are. I thought I was going crazy when I heard tank treads moving with no radio chatter - then the tank treads stopped moving. Motherfucker just rolled up to the top of the hill and took aim - I almost got straight murdered.
>>
>>379653406
Its missing content because of the development hell. The marketing campaign was certainly purposefully misleading. Thats not up for debate, it was deceptive marketing. Kojima was worried about this enough to voice it without admitting to it.

>Bordering on the malicious
dude you're taking this all way too personally.
>>
>>379653292
>It is not

Is.

>Yeah and we got them all

We got none of the things in that list.

>not being as fleshed out as marketing made them seem to be

They fucking showed shit in a gameplay demo at e3 that wasn't in the game retard.

>is than an unfulfilled promise?

The definition of one.

>>blah blah backpeddaling and deflection

Doesn't change that he lied about the games content both thematically and gameplay wise. get fucked kid.

>>379653440
Post is still there for me and anyone else to see. Wasn't made by me.
>>
>>379653619
>So you honestly think that a Big Boss fall from grace story was planned from the beginning just like Camp Omega but just never came to fruition because of the development hell

Precisely. He didn't get to finish the story as he intended to, that's clear to see.
>>
>>379614472
/thread
>>
>>379653974
>Is
Not.

>We got none of the things on that list
You got everything on that list save for camp omega.
>Showed it in the gameplay demo at e3
They showed everything that was in the game at that demo, dumbfuck. Customize botherbase? You can do that. (Color, equipment, security.)

>The definition of one
It isn't. Again, you were never directly promised anything. It was planned but wound up not coming to fruition, assuming you're talking about Camp Omega. Camp Omega was never gameplay demo'd in TPP during any E3 trailer.

>He lied about the games content
Yeah but he didn't break any promises to you in doing so, shithead. You were promised nothing. You were clearly deceived and feel so butthurt about it that you STILL insist that you were wronged somehow when you weren't, and are even falling back to petty bitching about features that we actually DID get in the game but you just simply weren't satisfied by.

>>379654168
You're absolutely retarded then. The game was clearly never about Big Bosses "Fall to a demon." and never was. This is obvious if you played it. If you think it ever was then you're so far deluded that there's nothing that will ever make you see that you were rused and too proud to admit it. Absolutely nothing in this game alludes to Venom becoming a demon in any way. That was the entire point of the marketing scheme and why kojima felt scared that he would be ousted from the industry. You were quite literally deceived, which is why you feel so personally wronged and offended by this situation. This is obvious to everyone but you.
>>
>>379653406
I was just mocking the retards who think the game delivered on its promises. Poes law I suppose.
>>
>>379636756
Plisken wasn't real though, wasn't he was like Raiden's Tyler Durden?
>>
>>379614043
>expect to see the fall of big boss
>it was all a lie
You blew it Kojima.
>>
>>379654776
The game delivered everything it said it was going to be except for the narrative, which was clearly never planed to be a fall from grace story to begin with.
>>
File: time.jpg (216KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
216KB, 1344x756px
>>379653714
This. Here's me S ranking it while also being shit.
>>
>>379655596
Is that the mission where you rescue quiet? Because that one fucking sucked.
>>
>>379655727
>Episode 9
>>
>>379655795
Its been a while since I played and you were talking about tanks. I only looked at the rank, I'm sorry.
>>
File: dead.jpg (163KB, 1912x1032px) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
163KB, 1912x1032px
>2 chapters
>2
>[EXTREME]
>>
File: 1492688899710.png (50KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1492688899710.png
50KB, 255x204px
>>379655851
>>
>>379656050
>plenty of ways to do it

Its good bro. The best gameplay's in the FOB anyways
>>
>>379654729
>Not.

Is though. Stop arguing like a child.

>You got everything on that list

Literally none of it.

>Customize botherbase?

As in actually build it, place struts, ladders, shortcuts etc so that your base layout would be unique and you would know your way around better than invaders. Promised, but never happened.

>They showed everything that was in the game at that demo

Nope. Show me some gameplay of someone randomly running into Ocelot at motherbase between missions and interacting with him. Oh wait, it was cut from the game.

>It isn't

It is too you blithering idiot. "In the game you can do X" is a promise, when you can't actually do X in the game that promise is unfulfilled.

>he lied about what would be in the game but thats not a broken promise

I'm having a hard time understanding how one single person could be THIS fucking retarded. Are you actually like 13 years old?

>Camp Omega Camp Omega

The worst offender really. It was promised as an incentive to buy GZ and we never got it. Never did he come out and say plans had changed about this. Just made a promise and never fulfilled it. I like how even your dumbass can't deny this and yet you're still trying to say it's only "sort of close to an unfulfilled promise".

Hilarious.

>never about Big Bosses Fall to a demon
>nothing in this game alludes to Venom becoming a demon in any way.

That's exactly the problem you fucking idiot. Kojima said it was, the subsequent trailers implied it was. But it wasn't. Kojima said one thing and did another. That's not a ruse it's just a lie and unfulfilled promise. Same goes for the games supposed themes about race. Where did that come into play? It didn't.

>That was the entire point of the marketing scheme and why kojima felt scared that he would be ousted from the industry

Lol no. Keep clinging to your headcanon where Kojima is le master ruseman but fact is he lied and failed to deliver on his promises.
>>
>>379655250
>the game delivered everything except the things it didn't

Wow such a revelation. Don't forget all the motherbase/camp omega stuff, some of which was shown in gameplay on the E3 stage. Goes far beyond what you think the planned narrative was.
>>
File: fZYHAdm.jpg (163KB, 976x976px) Image search: [Google]
fZYHAdm.jpg
163KB, 976x976px
>>379656169
>The best gameplay's in the FOB anyways
>bro
>>
>>379656264
>But it wasn't

yes it was, you just don't understand subtext
>>
File: 1428690114180[1].png (190KB, 680x381px) Image search: [Google]
1428690114180[1].png
190KB, 680x381px
>>379656470
not an... argument...?
>>
>>379656490
>2 lines in the entire game referencing snake becoming a demon
>doesn't actually do anything demon-like in the story before or after these lines are uttered

Feel free to help me understand. The only references to Snake being a demon are the 2 quotes which are both in the first 6 missions of the game then the theme is completely dropped.
>>
>>379656470
I agree with him even if the FOBs weren't the most fun and engaging part of the game the actual sneaking stealth gameplay was better than anything in the main game.
>>
File: 01b[1].png (30KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
01b[1].png
30KB, 640x400px
>>379657009
There's an entire core gameplay concept that revolves around it lol
>>
>>379657186
But it has nothing to do with the narrative or themes of the story. And it's not a core gameplay concept. Core gameplay concepts don't tend to go unnoticed and unused by most of the players.
Thread posts: 512
Thread images: 103

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.