[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conan Exiles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

Man where did it go wrong? I was so hyped for this game from from day one. I was probaly my most hyped game for years thinking it would be hardcore, realistic and brutal survival rpg like no other. But what did it get? A fucking half backed cocky cutter cartoonish survival pile of garbage.
>>
>>379611540
>cocky cutter
And how!
>>
>>379611540
The problem is that you aren't old enough to remember Age of Conan's launch
>>
>>379611540
Have you never followed an early access title before? That is the norm not the exception.
Jesus man. The game could still turn around if they add all the pve content they promised and it's not shit or insanely tedious to do like Ark.
I'm getting pretty fucking sick of all these games being pvp focused though. It's like no has caught on that people are assholes and will hack or abuse every glitch they can to screw others over in ways outside their system. Instead of epic fights it always devolves into "hur hur I'm trashing your stuff while you aren't around".
>>
>>379611540
>But what did it get? A fucking half backed cocky cutter cartoonish survival pile of garbage.

That's literally every Early Access game, why the hell did you ever let yourself get hype?

Even if this were a fully AAA release you'd still have to have some wariness after Age of Conan
>>
Dicks were not huge enough
>>
IT IS A CONAN GAME BY FUNCOM

WE'VE ALL BEEN HERE BEFORE

FUCKING LEARN INSTEAD OF BEING DISAPPOINTED
>>
>>379611540
>game shows images and gameplay that looks like Ark
>the game plays like Ark
really makes you a twink, huh
>>
>>379612893
But i like age of conan
>>
File: garbage.jpg (359KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
359KB, 600x392px
>>379613118
Then you've lost all right to complain about half-baked cocky cutter garbage, since that's exactly what you enjoy.
>>
Its because Conan as both a IP and setting is completely lost on casuals

It was only a mtter of time until it died
>>
>>379611768
How? Crafting is minecraft tier siplistic, combat is teribble, art style/assets are cartoonish and don't make much sence and the animations, oh the animations.
>>
>>379613310
i never played AoC on lauch, but it's a good game with great aethetics
>>
>>379613510
Do you seriously not know what "And how!" means

Is English your third language
>>
>>379613646
fourth*
>>
>>379613632
If Age of Conan is your definition of "great" then I must reiterate that you've lost all right to complain about anything, ever.
>>
>>379611540
>early acess
>survival
>open world
How many red flags do you want?
>>
>>379613863
I probaly only like those low tes gook mmos
>>
>>379613863
I'm not him, but Age of Conan did turn into a pretty decent MMO with the Khitai expansion.

The problem was it was already long dead by then.
>>
>>379612580
Get wiped lately friend?
>>
>>379611540
Hyborian Age folks don't like that cutesy cartoony shit. Needs more gore/sex/violence/devil worship etc.
>>
>>379611768
>>379613510
>>379613646
It's funny because the devs say they want to add in the ability to cut off vanquished enemy's dicks.
>>
File: 20170604130924_1.jpg (394KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170604130924_1.jpg
394KB, 1920x1080px
>>379611540

I just use it for singleplayer. Fuck this type of game for multiplayer as the building is the only interesting part.

At least now you can make this drawbridge thing, looks cool.
>>
It's great to explore in, but the NPC's feel really static.
>>
>>379615072
Nah I don't touch pvp, I experienced ark. I was referring to what people think pvp combat will be like in these games, and what actually happens.
The amount of time and effort that has to go into discovering and fixing exploits can't be small. Just for people to find another one.
>>
>>379611540
>this open world, survival game with crafting is shit
Water is wet.
>>
>>379617415
Ark? You mean that autistic game where the autistic devs just dicided to just put every asset they could find into one shitty game to fulfill their autistic 10 years old kid desires. I swear 10-12 years old autisic me would be drooling over that shitty game just becuase of the dinosaurs and shit
>>
>>379617060
>retarded spikes all over the place
>looks cool
Are you 12?
>>
>>379618315

Part of being an adult is not constantly worrying about whether what you like or do is mature enough.

It's okay though, champ. Your 18th birthday is still quite a ways away so I wouldn't expect you to know that. :^)
>>
>>379618315
they are going to add in climbing, so they probably will serve a purpose
>>
>>379618459
Dude, no way you could like that shit if you are over 18. Isn't a "maturity" thing, is about taste.

>>379618575
Like, making climbing easy? That kind of spikes are just retarded.
>>
PUBG happened and twitch forgot it happened
>>
>>379618681

not really a taste thing, I much prefer the aesthetics of victorian-era buildings but the reinforced stone and spikes are useful from a practical standpoint when crafting castles or the outer walls of a settlement
>>
Hairy bush and great tits. Sex mods when?
>>
>>379611540
Cause as much as devs think early acess is easy money they don't realise it's just initial hype money and it drops off like a fucking waterfall
their game came out shit, people realised after a bit and stopped playing
simple as that
now they're fucked cause no one cares anymore, they blew their load too early
>>
>>379619129
>useful from a practical standpoint when crafting castles or the outer walls of a settlement
These spikes are a waste of metal, money and time and only make these buildings easier to climb/siege. Only a child or a manchild would think these are "cool", specially for the Hyborian age.
>>
I don't understand what was there to hype, it was clearly just a open world crafting cashgrab with Conan slapped on it. Funcom even admitted that they saw other people do it so they thought that they can do it too.
>>
>>379619394
even floors have stupid spikes
>>
>getting an early access game
not even once
>>
>>379619542
Wait, really? I can't see these in the pic. That's beyond retarded.
>>
Why the fuck did they do this.
They literally have the CONAN license. There's so much potential for a good single-player RPG.

>tfw you will never descend into the depths of a necromancer's temple to encounter a giant snake and come back out with a bag of jewels as large as your fist
>tfw you will never go on a journey from broken slave to conquering warlord
>tfw you will never collect a harem of thicc Hyperborean girls
>>
>>379611540
Can we define this as early access envy?
>What is early access envy
Here's an explanation, OP obviously employed the defense mechanism of displacement to shift the object of his sexual desires from Conan to early access in general.
>>
>>379612035
The fucking memory leak was absolute cancer. play for 10-15 mins and then you crash.
>>
>>379620460
It's because Funcom are scum and incompetent. There are few companies on their level.

About the only company as inept is SOE now Daybreak Games.

They both saw the way the wind was blowing (open world games) as easy money and jumped on it.

There's no drive to make a real game left in them.
>>
>>379620460
I didn't followed the development, but isn't Exiles just a cashgrab? Like "let's reuse AoC assets and make the [current year] meme-genre (survival open world with crafting)"?
>>
>>379619652
yes, tier 3 floor tiles have spike on each corner which means when make a 2x2 floor you will have 4 spikes in the midle and 12 around the floor
>>
>>379611540
How do you think they came up for the idea for the game?
>we want to take a recognizable ip and slap it on a genre that's really popular right now
>we'll release it in early access so we can make money on it even without finishing it
>we'll put slightly edgy/controversial things in it so that people will talk about it and spread the game around
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.