[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will any fighting game ever be as great as Third Strike?? Will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 3sdc.jpg (70KB, 498x492px) Image search: [Google]
3sdc.jpg
70KB, 498x492px
Will any fighting game ever be as great as Third Strike?? Will Third Strike ever come back to EVO?
>>
3rd Strike is still played at Evo, just not on the main stage.

Doubt any other games will be as good any time soon, fighting games got a bit too big, to the point where companies were focused on getting things out quickly and making them available to as many new players as possible in order to sell things like fightsticks.

3rd strike came from a perfect time in fighting games for a game to be challenging and competitive, but not especially catering to any group of new players the way games do now.
>>
>>379607108
3s is most similar to anime fighting games like guilty gear so it's possible if noob pandering stops. No chance for capcom to make one though.

No chance of a traditional fighting game as good as Hyper fighting ever happening again.
>>
3S is too hard to just jump into. It's almost impossible to make a fighting game challenging, fun, AND accessible. SF4 was really close to achieving this, but it was a tad bit too easy.

IMO it all went downhill after MvC3 because that piece of trash is so dumbed-downed and easy.

GG, BB, and MB (to an extent) are really good, difficult fighting games that don't require as much training as 3S to be good. The communities for these games are either dead or really toxic and uninviting so it's hard for new people to jump into it like they can do with all the trash that is out now
>>
reminder that 3S almost killed the franchise.
>>
>>379608875
It did??
>>
>>379608215
>require as much training as 3S
What is so hard about 3s besides buffering parries and charge partitioning for specific characters? Anime games, specially GG, look more difficult.
>>
>>379608875

That was vanilla 3.
>>
File: tumblr_ooxtwuHrFJ1votdueo1_500.jpg (82KB, 500x609px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooxtwuHrFJ1votdueo1_500.jpg
82KB, 500x609px
The best fighting game of all time literally just came out not long ago and NOBODY IS PLAYING IT because casual normies got SF5 and Tekken shoved so far up their asses.

Why are you not playing Guilty Gear Rev2 right now?
>>
>>379610168
Because I'm not paying full price for a handful of characters that are missing from the one I have now.
>>
>>379610168

there's another one after revelator?
>>
>>379610168
I have tried Guilty Gear so many fucking times but every time I play I just cant get into it.
>>
3rd strike is the marvel of mainline street fighters, its played seriously by the 'differently abled'

everyone I respect in SF3 (aside from actual tournament level players) stopped playing third strike about 6 months after it came out

i saw sad mother fuckers still playing it a year after it came out, who had finally learned how to parry supers or kara cancel, or just do basic EX combos, and thought they were relevant or something
>>
File: top_logo.png (308KB, 538x412px) Image search: [Google]
top_logo.png
308KB, 538x412px
>>
>>379610168
Because anime fighters have a feel and guilty gears constant shilling gets fucking annoying
>>
>>379610168
That's not how you spell KOF14.
>>
>>379608215

is this a troll, I don't put anything past /v/, and never did

but this seems way too fucking jokey

I mean he's talking about marvel shit like its a real game, and claims that SF3 isn't childishly simple compared to a normal street fighter like 4
>>
>>379610874
t. Hose
>>
File: hose.jpg (107KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hose.jpg
107KB, 1000x1000px
>>379611000
?
>>
>>379608995
Are people's memories really this short? SF3 had a huge budget that it never made back for various reasons, and that was why there were no Street Fighter games until 4 almost a decade later.
>>
>>379607108
Yes.
Not in the main stage.

Well, that was easy.
>>
>>379608215
>The communities for these games are either dead or really toxic and uninviting so it's hard for new people to jump into it like they can do with all the trash that is out now

Idk about you but the every fighter community i went were extremelly nice to me and teached me a lot of stuff.
>>
>>379610168
I play it almost every night in my region man. Found a discord yesterday with a lot of helpful peopple.

Good times ahead
>>
File: giphy (5).gif (709KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (5).gif
709KB, 500x341px
>>379611849
Only community that I know that kinda is shitty at least when I went to things is the smash community.
>>
>>379608995
yup. Hardly anybody played it and was the worst selling game in the series mostly due to it being a soft reboot.

Ryu, Ken, Akuma and Chun-li were shoehorned into the game at the last minute because fans across the world were losing their shit but the game still failed.

SFIV was made because Ono begged and sucked some dick but the SF franchise was dead to Capcom after 3S.
>>
>>379613626
Weird I always hear praise and love for it I never knew this actually, nice to know.
>>
File: blazblue_x_guilty_gear.jpg (306KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
blazblue_x_guilty_gear.jpg
306KB, 900x563px
>>379607108
>>379607852
>>379608215
What's the difference between them though? Should I just go with whichever one has the waifus I like best?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.