[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games that should exist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1496977997133.png (1MB, 632x681px) Image search: [Google]
1496977997133.png
1MB, 632x681px
ITT: Games that companies would have to be stupid not to make.
>New Metroid title
>TPS with standard dual-stick controls
>Movement options include grapple beam, morph ball and shinespark
>Exploring an open hostile alien world, discovering new and familiar powerups, leading up to an epic showdown with some kind of Space Pirate monstrosity
>Space Pirate and Chozo weapons and vehicles to make limited time use of
>>
>>379603416
>open world metroid
ITT: Games that anons are stupid enough to suggest
>>
>>379603416
>itsfuckingnothing.jpg

You described a pretty generic game pitch that doesnt have any specific detail that does justice to the series greatness.
>>
>>379603652
>>379603956
For me, the cool things about Metroid are:
>exploring well-imagined and unique alien environments
>fast-paced combat that's challenging but still makes the player feel extremely competent and badass
>going from scarcely armed to extremely kitted out over the course of the game
The open world aspect serves all of these extremely well, if you ask me, especially if sufficient detail were put into the world-- ideally more than BOTW's.
>>
It's true that metroid has a lot of untaped potential. Just like Zelda before breath of the wild came out
>>
>>379605575
I think you meant to say "Just like Zelda"
>>
>>379603416

>open world

kys
>>
>>379604741
All those are just "in theory" concepts, but the thing is how to give them shape.

Building metroid's combat in 3D is not trivial, and neither is the 3D translation of the 2D games maps.
>>
>>379604741
>>going from scarcely armed to extremely kitted out over the course of the game

I don't think an open-world really jives well with Metroid's character progression though - it's not just about becoming more powerful, it's just as much about your abilities giving you access to more of the world. How do you do that in an open setting without just railroading players on a path to the appropriate upgrades, which pretty much just defeats the point of an open world in the first place.
>>
File: 1495544616680.png (238KB, 720x556px) Image search: [Google]
1495544616680.png
238KB, 720x556px
>>379603416
>Games that companies would have to be stupid not to make
Pretty much Nintendo in a nutshell
>>
>>379606592
Well, it would be easy to lock you into a starting area until you get the tools to explore outside of it, much like how you need the paraglider to safely get off of the Great Plateau in BOTW.
Another idea I just kinda had was this:
>most of the game takes place in large(and small) underground caverns
>The surface of the planet has no atmosphere and the sun's radiation is deadly, so you can only go up for very limited times until you get the proper upgrade that lets you be in direct sunlight for extended, but still not infinite, periods
Having parts of the world be technically accessible but very hard to navigate without the proper tools would set up a natural progression that would be similar to the way the original Metroid games worked with just a little more flex. E.G. there could be an area with extremely strong enemies, but they're really large and the area has lots of small spaces the enemies can't access that are navigable with the Spider Ball. So while technically you could just dash past the enemies, or even fight them with underpowered weapons by way of extreme perseverance, it's made obvious you're not actually meant to go there until you have the Spider Ball, by which point you'll also have more health and a stronger beam. Similar to the Gerudo region of BOTW which is full of high-level enemies and areas where heat damages you-- technically you could go there right away and skirt along, living off of weak chilly elixirs and running from most enemies, you're obviously not meant to go there until you have better access to heat resistance(such as stronger elixirs or an ice weapon) and have better equipment that'll allow you to take on the tough enemies.
>>
>>379606592
Just take a Metroid game and make it more open ended. Put Samus on a big-ass space station and give her an open ended goal to accomplish. The place is still full of inaccessible parts and power-ups to open them, but there's no longer one intended path with maybe some sequence breaking.
>>
>>379603416
>3D translation of the 2D games maps
Why do you have to translate old maps? Metroid has literally an entire galaxy to use as its setting. A new planet would be the best way to go.
>>
>>379603416
>3d game
>shinespark

Sounds gay
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 894x894px
>>379603416
A city builder AkA Sincity with Toad's from mario
>>
>>379609164
Would be less OP than giving you access to the full-fledged Speed Booster
>>
>>379609170
>a Civ clone with Toads, Koopas, Beanbeans and Piantas as playable factions
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.