[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final verdict?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1850.jpg (57KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1850.jpg
57KB, 350x350px
Final verdict?
>>
File: .jpg (218KB, 1280x504px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
218KB, 1280x504px
Ech
>>
ok
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>379599999
>>
shit
>>
>>379599694
Austic devs thought that collecting shit was what made the original popular, rather than novel level design and fun gameplay. Rip in 100 collectable pieces.
>>
It's okay. Not good, not bad. Thoroughly mediocre.
>>
>>379599694
It's ok. Pretty much exactly what they claimed it would be. Not sure why people got upset over it.
>>
>>379600173
>Not sure why people got upset over it.
The slippery controls, exceptionally slow text/cutscenes, awful level design, and awful camera placement.

Very below average game, a complete disappointment.
>>
>>379599694
Banjo/10
>>
>>379599694
I liked it. It was exactly what they said it would be.
>>
>They promised a $200K game
>They got $4M
>They released a $200K game

They roughness around the edges is hard to excuse considering the time and budget, but it was fun despite its flaws
>>
>>379600173
>Pretty much exactly what they claimed it would be.

They claimed the game would be good, surely. At least implied it, right?
>>
>>379599694
>Final verdict?
Camera fix update isn't out yet tho.
>>
>>379600391
>It was exactly what they said it would be
except shit
>>
Guilty of being a disappointment
>>
It's a 90's collectathon platformer, in every sense of the word. They didn't fix the flaws of those games.
>>
get it on sale
>>
>Insufferable camera that constantly turns away from the action to try and show you shit you don't need or want to see, controls are influenced by the camera so this is inexcusable
>Can't skip dialogue, and all of it is awful
>Story is beyond full retard in a bad way, no reason to feel anything for the characters or their plight, shallow and hollow even for the genre
>Some retards figured it'd be great to have levels start out mostly empty and you need to expand them first by grabbing some shit, leaving the level, expanding it and going back in
>Might sound cool in theory, in practice it just means that you're running around in large empty spaces until you expanded a level, there's no thought involved and you just go expand a level as quick as possible

As much as I loved the old Rare platformers, this spiritual successor was a fucking disaster.
>>
huge letdown. first area was so good though,now if only they were consistent on the areas and had the NPCs' design fitting to the area's theme
>>
File: 1464228622467.gif (122KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1464228622467.gif
122KB, 256x192px
>>379599694

It was fun, the gameplay was nice. The control may seems slippery, but they were actually well done apart from the snowplow. I had no trouble going from places to places just enjoying myself and flying around

>people that autism on getting everything the first time they reach a new stage
>not getting as much as you can while having fun and heading to a new level when you can't seem to find more shit

It felt like a proper collectathon game
>>
>>379600992
Go play unbox if you want a proper collectathon, you're just ratifying a bad investment.
>>
>>379599694

Game punishes you for trying to play it in the way the developers intended. If you don't rush through each world collecting the bare minimum to get all the moves the game will slap you with dozens of segments you just can't complete. God forbid you expand a world.
>>
Levels look like they're made by level editor.
>>
the most ok game i've ever played
if being average was a sport, it'd get the gold medal
>>
>>379599694
>its fun
Says the autist
>>
File: 1427641896828.png (159KB, 476x345px) Image search: [Google]
1427641896828.png
159KB, 476x345px
>>379599694

8/10 It's an average game.
>>
it's pretty good. it is way too hard for a game like this tho, and the moveset is sort questionable.
>>
First 3 worlds are good, 1st being the absolute best. Last two are shit and the hub is ok.
>>
>>379602462
World 5 is the shit
>>
>>379599694
I hate the bat, kazzoie was a qt
>>
>>379600079
Bingo
>>
>>379599923
>ssonic
Shit
>>
I personally liked it, although it did have some issues:

>Levels felt uneven design-wise, and level 4 was so atrocious I pretty much avoided it and got pagies from other levels.
>Lack of levels were a problem. If they had maybe 2 more, it would have been fine. The world expanding was not all that great.
>Pagie requirements for the last battle were way too high. If they cut it down to 75 from 100, it would be better. Hell, the flow of the game felt uneven in general (partly due to the lack of levels again).
>Lack of enemy variety and reusing the same types in other levels bugged me. Also reusing NPCs over and over in the later levels instead of making new ones. Some of the NPCs also looked a bit ugly
>Last boss was bullshit on numerous levels, mostly due to the last bit of the fight (also no recovery items).

Despite that, I did enjoy it for what it was and never really expected it to surpass the Banjo games. I did like worlds 1, 2, and 5 while the other two were duds for me (World 3 felt like a amateur unity asset world compared to to the others). Its also one of the few games I backed on kickstarter that I got around to beating, and I would back a YL2 if they decide to do it.
>>
>>379602607
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYFJUeQIpTk
what about now?
>>
>>379599694
The bats nose is too big to make it an appealing looking character
>>
>>379605327
the animation is cool but the bat is still MEH

it's the nose that bothers me, all my hentai waifus have small to non-existent noses.
>>
Pretty solid 6/10 3D platformer, but with so many 3D platformers around, there's no reason to touch one that isn't 8+/10.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.