[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The great debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

The great debate
>>
>>379597493
>The great debate
What debate? Vanquish is the clear winner here. I enjoyed MP3 more, though but that's probably because I played it more recently while I played Vanquish like 5 years ago.
>>
easily vanquish
>>
max payne 3 is a superior game in every way, the animations in that game are the best I've ever seen.
>>
easily max
>>
There's no debate, Vanquish is the better game. If it was between Max Payne 2 and it I'd probably pick MP2 though.
>>
File: arinoshiggy.png (2MB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
arinoshiggy.png
2MB, 1916x1080px
This is the first time I have ever seen anyone even mention these two games in the same breath.

MP3 was okay, but mostly forgettable in light of how amazing the first game was.

Vanquish has never been aligned as a competitor to the MP series, so I'm not sure why anyone would even debate this.

In short: WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS?
>>
MP3 shits on any TPS game ever released, it is pin point perfect gameplay, it shits on almost the whole action genre it's just that good.

i wish rockstar would make max payne 4, with proper comic book effect, back in snowy new york, with todays best pc graphics and mechanics, would be amazing.
>>
>>379597493
Max Payne in terms of quality, Vanquish in terms of being a /v/core tryhard faggot.
>>
>>379597493
Max Payne 3 if you are a Rockstar shill that just can't get his cinematic cock out of his mouth.
>>
Neither, MGSV.
>>
>>379598212
>>379598393
>>379599173
>>379599203
t. nu-/v/
>>
>>379599605
>HURR DURR NEO-/V/
>shitposts himself
>>
substance vs style
>>
>one of the best third person shooters gameplay wise vs Japanese gears of war

Hmmmmmm
>>
>>379598627
This is the dumbest fucking post I've ever read
>>
>>379599836
Explain.
>>
>>379597493
i liked vanquish better, mp3 was cool too tho
>>
>>379599818
It's funny because MP3 turned the series pretty much into a shitty cover shooter with unskippable cutscenes.
>>
>>379600146
>shitty cover shooter

if you ACTUALLY believe this, please kill yourself, you have shocking taste and are more than likely a sheep who can't see the good in things.
>>
>>379597493
This is like comparing Yakuza with God Hand
Yes, they're both 3d brawlers, but one attempts to create a unified experience and the other is focused on being a fun "hardcore" game
In other words, OP is a fag and they're both great but different games
>>
>>379600454
Oh please kid, you're the sheep here. MP 3 is trash and ruined the series.
>>
>>379600454
the whole level design is made for the cover system.
The only good Max Payne is the ones made by Remedy.
>>
>>379599605
>implying the max payne series is nu-/v/
>inb4 muh remedy

in terms of gameplay its the best in the series by a mile, whether or not you like the cutscenes is a different matter.
>>
>>379600839
Spoken like a true retard. MP2 is better in about every way.
>>
>>379600680
>>379600728
i played max payne 1 and 2 while growing up and love the whole series, don't be such contrarian hipster faggots that you HAVE to hate the newest in the series because its made by rockstar, they put a shit load of care into the game and made the best third person shooter in history.

no one here knows who you are, what are you trying to prove ?
>>
>>379600839
>>379601021
Why argue with nostalgiafags? Whats the point?
>>
>>379601021
MP3 is trash. Kill yourself.
>>
>>379601021
You sound butthurt.
>>
Why not both?
>>
File: file.png (182KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
182KB, 800x600px
both are good in their ways
>>
>>379600968
>MP2 has better movement
>MP2 has better animation
>MP2 has better physics
>MP2 has bullets that are rendered in real time
>MP2 has euphoria engine giving unique deaths every kill
>MP2 has bullet holes and gore
>MP2 has a better soundtrack

what did you mean by this ?
>>
>>379601373
This.
>>
>>379601383
>muh physics
Kek
>>
>>379601383
Max payne 2 does have better movement. You can't move on a dime in MP3 because there are animations for when you start to move and when you change direction. It's even worse when you're in bullet time. The rest of those points are purely cosmetic, but I'll concede to you on the soundtrack.
>>
>>379601383
>MP2 has better physics
no it doesnt, the fucking elevator scene proves it
>>
Both are great but Max Payne 3 is a masterpiece of a TPS.
>>
>>379602275
He is saying that MP2 doesn't have those things. Try reading the other posts.
>>
>>379601373
inb4 someone posts that centrist comic
>>
>>379602403
oh. silly me
>>
Vanquish. 3 isn't even the best Max Payne game, it's a more obnoxious, slow version of 1.
>>
>>379598693
He's comparing third person shooters you dumb cuck. Better than retards who compare Vanquish to shit like God Hand and Bayonetta.
>>
>>379599818
You can beat Vanquish without ever using cover, acquire proficiency.
>>
>>379597493
MP3 is such a satisfying shooter, i was amazed at how people accused it of being a cover shooter. You had to get very good at shoot dodging because you were not safe in the slightest while in cover (higher difficulties demanded you shoot dodge to survive)

but holy fuck WHY DID THEY FORCE THOSE HORRENDOUS LOAD SCREENS GOOD GOD!
>>
>>379598693
Both are high quality third person shooters that give the player a good amount of tools to play in a stylish manner, have slow mo mechanics and a mostly optional cover system
>>
>>379601373
>realistic shoot dodge

They're both great but realism is a bit of a stretch.
dumb scale.
>>
>>379597493
Gunz the duel.
>>
Binary Domain you niggers
>>
>>379603429
It's just Vanquish without all the stuff that makes it more than just a generic cover shooter.
>>
>>379597493
Both are great, but I think Vanquish is the better one. Also >>379601373
>>
>>379597493
Vanquish has skip able cutscenes so it wins
>>
>>379597493
MP3 was breddy gud. It had satisfying slo-mo, decent graphics, good rag doll physics, and the guns felt great to use. Cover was entirely optional and you can just play old school if you're that much of a contrarian. The only downside is the cutscences, but it gives me time to get tendies between shootouts.

After having played mp1 and mp2 in succession right before mp3, i don't really see how they can hold a candle anymore. They were fun for the stories, but are massively dated at this point. I'm glad i played them before getting into mp3, but I wouldn't replay them without being extremely high.
>>
>>379603801
But it has unskippable first person scenes.
>>
>>379604553
MP 1 is a much faster, more fluid game than 3. Combined with the vastly superior levels it really feels like a run and gun shooter instead of 3 which is a series of seperate challenges connected by cutscenes. The slow mo is also more interesting because you have to lead your shots instead of pointing and clicking like in 3. Weapons are less homogenized too, and switching is encouraged.
>>
>>379600146
But you tan totally avoid cover, just because the levels were made with cover in mind dosent mean you have to play that way. https://youtu.be/L3o-z5Xw-F4
>>
Vanquish has
>a 3 and a half hour campaign
>good gameplay
>extremely limited variety of weapons
>a terrible story that is just there to progress to new areas
>repetitive enemies
>repetitive areas
>worse graphics
I like vanquish and never actually played MP3 bit vanquish really isn't that amazing
>>
>>379597493
Seriously? Max Payne 3 is a million times better than that shitty weeb game.
>>
>>379597493
Vanquish is highly overrated. Max Payne has good writing, great art design, environment variety, and gameplay. And it's just long enough.

Vanquish features none of the above, except the gameplay is alright. It also lasts about 3 hours. And people shit on games like Gone Home and Journey.
>>
I enjoyed Max Payne 3's gunplay more but the long unskippable cutscenes kill it for me.
>>
>>379604879
10 minutes worth of unskippable cutscene over hours worth from payne
>>
There is no debate, regardless of gameplay MP3 refuses to be played and literally fights you for trying.
>>
>>379605438
3 hour long campaign is good, especially when it's densely packed like the one in Vanquish. Actually if they shortened it a bit it would only be better imo. Max Payne 3 is under 2 hours as well if you remove the cutscenes. I feel like this is only a problem for people who play through games once. Vanquish wasn't made for that kind of playstyle though, it's meant to be mastered. Also the gun variety isn't bad at all, the guns have unique utility and switching between them is something you have to carefully consider depending on the encounters.
>>
>>379605624
>Max Payne has good writing
Stopped reading
>>
>>379605624
Max Payne is shorter than Vanquish if you just look at the time you spend playing the game.
>>
>>379605970
Dan Houser>any shitty platinum writer

That's for sure
>>
>>379606127
That has nothing to do with what he said, retard.
>>
>>379602950
>>379602950
never watched shot em up?
max payne kinda stunts are completly viable
>>
>>379605970
Great argument, lad.
>>
>>379606243
Dans the writer though and one the huge reasons rockstar is so successful

If he were "shit" I don't think any of the top devs would respect him like they do.
>>
>>379597493
Only 12 year olds would say Vanquish is better
>>
>>379606461
Or weebs that want to over glorify Japanese devs
>>
>>379606430
Max Payne 3's writing is fucking awful, as is the fact it literally refuses to let you avoid it.

I like Houser a lot, but it's the truth. Is he the sole writer on that game? Because if so, what the fuck happened?

And either way, he didn't say Vanquish had good writing, and I'll flat out say that Vanquish is one of the worst written games of all time when it comes to plot.
>>
>>379606901
>Vanquish is one of the worst written games of all time
Not him but It really wasn't that bad. It was just generic
>>
>>379606661
Nothing to do with being a weeb, I've always been a big MP fan but think Vanquish is better now that I don't have to play it with a pad at cinematic framerates.
>>
>>379608143
Vanquish is easily my all time favorite game and I admit the story is plain bad. The entire sub plot of Burns and Sam where it shows Sam disagreeing with how Burns does shit but for some reason respects him in the end makes no sense.

The cutscenes are meant to be skipped anyway
>>
>>379606256
"Good writing" isn't an argument.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.