[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God of War theories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

File: god of war.jpg (2MB, 1800x2400px) Image search: [Google]
god of war.jpg
2MB, 1800x2400px
what are your theories

mine is that Kratos is known by the Norse gods for taking down the Olympians, they don't like the fact that a god killer is in their realm so they go after him
>>
more like god of water
>>
more like cuck of war
>>
kratos needs to find his wifes son or his wifes bull will be mad
>>
My theory is that this movie is going to suck lol
>>
>>379596164
fuck out of here
>>
>>379596005
My theory is creativity is dead and so we're presented the reanimated corpse of a completed story in an overused setting.
>>
Surprised he doesn't have a daughter who grows up to be "strong wuman". That you play as the main character. Maybe the son ends up being a trans.
>>
Kratos becomes Odin, his son is either Thor or Loki.
>>
File: YES.gif (1MB, 356x321px) Image search: [Google]
YES.gif
1MB, 356x321px
>>379596005

Loki erased his memory and brought him to Norse lands hoping he kills the rest of the gods leaving him the only one left.

The kid is Loki in disguise, guiding him. There will be a "It was only a prank bro" scene at the end where you crush his skull for deceiving you.
>>
>>379596217
overused?

how exactly is norse mythology overused?
>>
>>379596005
I don't like this cover (assuming this poster might be box art), where's the rage at?
>>
>>379596436
Are you actually serious? I don't even know how to respond to such an obvious disregard of modern and even classical media, Norse mythology is the single most commonly used theme when it comes to fantasy settings.
>>
>>379596537
he is much more subdued now
>>
>>379596434
this makes too much sense
>>
>>379596313
>Loki
>Odin's son
>>
>>379596434
It sucks this won't be true.
>>
>>379596005
>Kratos fucks some ginger qt and makes a new family
>raises his (wife's) son to be a proper man and teaches him hunting(e3 demo)
>Loki disguised as Odin or whatever God kills the wife while they were hunting
>Kratos and his (wife's) son come back to a burning house with his wife dying in his hands while his son watches
>Kratos gets pissed and embarks on a quest to kill the nordic gods
>Tries to leave the kid, but the kid follows him so he has no choice
>throughout the game the kid learns more and more about how to combat
>>
>>379596434
Wait but if Loki can just erase his memory, why doesn't he just do that before he gets killed?

You know what, never mind, massive bullshit like that is par for the course, so that just makes it believable.
>>
>>379596313
But then, who's the bull?
>>
File: 1490476796027.jpg (18KB, 341x307px) Image search: [Google]
1490476796027.jpg
18KB, 341x307px
>>379596168
>>
>>379596005
Didn't kratos doom the world in gow3? Or was it just greece?
>>
>>379596591
it's more accurate to say that elements of norse mythology are over used in classical European medieval settings of classic fantasy settings....

but that is not the same as this which is straight Norse mythos

their is a difference here
>>
>>379596709
>his son
>>
>>379596005
god, i hate games that share the same name. from now, i have to search god of war (the year of its realese) to find the right one.
>>
>>379596771
all will be explained
>>
>>379596164
>>379596168
>>379596723
>>379596813
What's with your obsession with cuckholdry, especially when it's not there? It seems a bit unhealthy, imho (in my honest opinion).
>>
>>379596005
>its another series where the sequel is named the same thing as the original
Why the fuck do devs do this? All they do is doom the game to having everyone call it by the year it came out and their arrogance of trying to soft reboot the series in the public eye only will get the ire of fans.
>>
>>379596591
thats only if you count tolkein as "norse mythology", which you could argue is the case, but most media is tolkein esque middle ages, modern zombies, or scifi ayys.
>>
>>379596005
This game is going to be so fucking bland. Of all the characters that are worthy of this cinematic bullshit, for character development, Kratos is not one of them.
>>
>>379596924
Normally, children somewhat resemble their parents.
>>
File: 1480460877247.jpg (8KB, 323x241px) Image search: [Google]
1480460877247.jpg
8KB, 323x241px
More like God of killing his own family.
>>
>>379596970
What's wrong with Kratos having a new beginning

he's older, his vengance against the Olympians is over, why not have him reflect on his past?
>>
>>379596716
Can't erase memories of himself, maybe? That would be a logical limiting factor, GURPS-wise
>>
>>379597065
>create and "develop" a character to be a big, dumb, rage filled retard in a semi-fast action game with lots of crazy shit going on
>make a new game where he's mellowed the fuck out and he action is slowed down to a fucking crawl
It's just beyond fucking retarded. If they had said it wasn't the same Kratos, i could at least let it slide, and just hate the gameplay, but they've specifically stated it's the same guy.
>>
>>379597024
Maybe the boy is an orphan so Kratos adopted him. Will you still call him a cuck for helping someone without a family grow up to become a man? Of course, because adopting kids without parents is being a cuck.
>>
>>379597024
And this kid doesn't? I'm sorry, but I think you're just trying to force a neo-meme so you can fit in with the cool kids.
>>
>>379597289

again this is like centuries after the greek games, why would Kratos still have the same rage.

his personal vendetta was against the Olympians, now that their gone, there is no need to have the same rage

and why would it be a new kratos when it looks exactly like the same fucking kratos as in the past games
>>
>>379597024
They don't look too different. We don't even know what Kratos looked like when he was a kid.
>>
>>379596005

>feels simulator
>very progressive father and son relationship
>realism and emotional gameplay is what video games need to progress and become an art form
>walking and talking bonding really enhances the gameplay
>Odin is probably a black transgender bisexual woman

10/10
>>
Box office
>>
>>379597506
doesn't the kid seem a little to fair skin

if he is half-greek from Kratos, shouldn't he be more tanned, mediterranean looking
>>
>>379596693
Oh, well, then Deimos comes back and becomes Loki.
>>
>>379597469

make a new game then, the only reason this exist in its current form is for the name
>>
>>379596005
The kid is Kratos' and the Nordic gods are terrified of a child of a god. They want to kill it but in the end Kratos takes down Thor to become their new god and the kid goes full Loki in a "next time on God of War" cheap tease.
>>
>>379597586
well he's probably half-greek, half-norse

which means it's possible he got his mother's features

plus they live in Scandinavia, not really the optimal place for natural tanning
>>
>>379597586
Pretty sure Kratos was born before the Mediterranean got MUZZIED.
>>
>>379597757

The old formula for God of War was running thin, that was evident by Ascension

so Santa Monica had 2 options

>new protagonist with the same hack n slash gameplay

>continue Kratos story in a new land, while reimagning the gameplay

they went with the second option, and it was the better overall option
>>
Wasn't Kratos black before he got his ashes?
>>
ARES

MY WIFES SON

MY WIFES SOOOOONNNNN
>>
>>379597315
Orphan detected.
>>
>>379597959
WE
>>
>>379597506
>We don't even know what Kratos looked like when he was a kid.
Actually we do, but it doesn't matter much since the devs can just reboot his face like they did with Hades and Poseidon
>>
>>379597506
>>379598261
Forgot image
>>
instead of a sex mini game like the original god of war games we will have a cuck mini game.
>>
>>379596005
This Kratos isn't the same Kratos from the greek games we have been followed so far: every pantheon has a "Kratos" figure that is destined to destroy all its gods one day, and this one is the one of the Norse mythology.
As someone else said, this guy will probably be tricked by Loki (calling right now, the child dies a bit later in the game and Loki offers his resurrection in exchange of instigating the Ragnarock).
>>
>>379598579
Listen to yourself you thirsty faggot, what the fuck are you even saying?
>>
>>379598649
u are a cuck lmao
>>
>>379598631
it is the same Kratos though

he has the exact same eye scar as the earlier Kratos, the chest scar that Zeus gave him, the marks of the chains on his arms.....plus the ability in the trailer said "Spartan Rage"

it's the same Kratos, not to mention the fact that Cory Barlog, the director of the game already said it...it takes place many years after GOW 3
>>
>>379597895

what about the third option, make a new game with a new protagonist
>>
so kratos is a cuck now?
>>
>>379599049
Cory Barlog wanted to do a new GOW, and so they went with it
Santa Monica also had a new IP they spend millions on that was cancelled

they probably needed some GOW money before they could do a new game
>>
>>379596005
>Kratos dies protecting the kid 1/4th of the way through the game
>instead of being a blood thirsty killing machine, Kratos tries to be reasonable and a pacifist when confronted by the gods even though he could probably slap their shit
>gods end up killing him
>kid burns Kratos' body in a funeral pyre
>his rage causes Kratos' curse to transfer to the kids, now wearing the ashes of both Kratos and his families ashes
>kid becomes the new God of War
>in the end we find out Kratos was still as ruthless as ever, but out of his love for the kid who was kind of a wuss, he decided to give his life turning him into a raging asshole and ensuring his survival
>>
hope kratos kills that kid just like he did with his daughter.
>>
>>379599504
nice

but Cory already said your playing as Kratos the whole game
>>
>>379599504
I'm moved, few man display such love for their wife's son.
>>
I'm honestly kinda tired of these white male" only games, it would've been interesting seeing a god of war with a woman, as it's already been done so many times with straight white men..
>>
>>379597469
kid, the other anon>>379597289
was talking about CORE GAME MECHANICS being changed. it literally doesnt make sense to be called god of war because it no longer plays or looks ANYTHING like the original god of war. DMC reboot at least TRIED to be a stylish action game, even if it failed
>>
>>379597895
no, it really wasnt. people werent bored with the game play, they were done with kratos story and we wanted to see something NEW. norse isint a problem. the fucking KID isint even the problem. its the fact that the gameplay got changed to over the shoulder 3rd person bs that makes it look bad
>>
my theory is that the gameplay will suck so much that they will never make another one
>>
Kratos is Odin.

The kid is Thor and the game will end with a sequel bait of him being grown up.
>>
>>379596313
I would love that so much
>>
>>379600830
Odin only had one eye and ravens you fucking idiot.
>>
>>379600562
>>379600701
RE4 change its core mechanics without any problem.
>>
>>379600993
>being this stupid
He meant that Kratos is going to become Odin
>>
>>379596005
>make a hack and slash game
>develop it as a over the shoulder third person perspective
Are they going to give Kratos guns or something?
>>
>>379601097
yes, but RE4 tried keeping the core theme of the series in tact, and although it was a action horror game rather then survival, it was still very similar in conceptual game design. for example, there were still puzzles to solve, weapons and item management were still major players, and there was a MINOR level of exploring. im not saying the new GOW is insta bad, but im worried that it has completley forgotten what made GOW fun, even if it was a subpar action combat system for the time
>>
>kid is Tyr
>'Kratos' is Loki
>Kratos is long dead and has nothing to do with this game
>Loki assumes Kratos' identity
>as a god, he knows all about Kratos and decides to recreate his origin story to create a new God of War, but this time with the child being the God of War and not the father
>abducts his brother Tyr and raises him as his son
>Loki stages his own death so that Odin is indirectly responsible for it
>Tyr is mad as fuck and kills Odin
>Odin is dead, Loki now free to take his place
>Tyr finds out Loki tricked him and his entire life is a lie so he murders the shit out of Loki
>>
>>379601403
It worked for Bloodborne
>>
>>379601264
Then where is Thor and shit going to come from?
>>
>>379601614
>but im worried that it has completley forgotten what made GOW fun
Those are things that we can't say with just the Info that we have now, we need more, that is why this e3 is so important for GOW
>>379602119
Who knows, maybe Thor is the son of that guy that is going to become Odin.
Because for all we know that kid is Kratos son
>>
>>379602618
>with just the Info that we have now,
If the gameplay stays the same it's going to suck ass.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.