[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arx Fatalis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: arxfatalis.jpg (214KB, 600x853px) Image search: [Google]
arxfatalis.jpg
214KB, 600x853px
Name one flaw you can't
>>
>>379584850
>no sequel where you joint the tavallers guild and go from city to city
>>
>>379585624
;_;
>>
>>379584850
how long until they close down the studio? prey and dishonored 2 were flops.
>>
I want to fuck the snake sisters
>>
>buggy
>short main quest
>low content
>most of the content is incomplete or underutilized
>everything is useless in comparison to fireball
>ranged is a sick joke
>only has one hub
>only a few dozen enemy varieties, most of which you will only see a few times ever
>the magic system was needlessly convoluted and the recognition on some of the symbols was pathetic
>>
>>
>>379584850
Best their game for sure.
>dat sound design
>>
Remember to give the Arx Libertatis 1.2 pre a try, it fixes the rune drawing system, it adds in eax audio support, it also supports limited modding in the way of new static 3d models, it has a load of bug fixes too.
>>
>>379584850

It's linear as fuck and the world is tiny, it makes you think you can chose either a fighter, mage or rogue build but spellsword is the only way to beat the game and magic use a silly mouse gesture system that is broken but the devs just wouldn't give up on their retarded idea so rather than scrap it they let your precast and "bank" spells.

I like the game but it is very far from flawless.
>>
Too many things hidden under bed pillows
>>
File: 1387482535320.jpg (8KB, 274x200px) Image search: [Google]
1387482535320.jpg
8KB, 274x200px
>>379587432
>>
Literally just finished for the first time last night. Pretty good, but it forces you into building magic and spamming fireballs by the end if you want to kill any of the tougher enemies in a reasonable amount of time.
>>
Doesn't work well on modern systems. I bought it for something like £0.50 during a sale and unironically returned it for my money back.
>>
OP here
I am kinda shit so I had to restart as a magic user halfway through the game cause I was getting my ass kicked.
But magic is kinda OP especially since you can store 3 spells.
>>
>>379584850
The rune drawing mechanic, while cool, was clumsy as fuck
>>
>>379586983
10 sec. ambient loops made in the bathroom.
>>
>>379587303
>It makes you think you can chose either a fighter, mage or rogue build but spellsword is the only way to beat the game

I remember trying a warrior/wizard hybrid once and I literally couldn't beat the final boss. Did it with a pure mage though
>>
>>379587867
Use Arx Libertatis you retard.
>>
How do people in arx fatalis not die from vitamin D deficiency with no sun?
>>
>>379584850
>ARKANE
>>
LOOOOOORDS
>>
The graphics are old and busted.
>>
>>379588213
These loops were nice.
Also I was talking about steps and echoes in all those narrow corridors.
>>
There's literally only one bow in the game, so playing a thief is useless
>>
>>379584850
Buggy beyond all imagination, for one. Even critical triggers can fail to happen (a notable one being the poisoned ham). Too easy to sequence break, without proper sequence breaking reactions (except the dragon, who will give you advice as soon as you reach him even long before you're supposed to), which leads to making some previous quest rewards useless since they only work if you use them before you enter the next area, and being unable to understand part of the story because the NPCs are hostile to you by default until you reach the right point in the story, but they tell you a lot of important story things otherwise.
>>
God AWFUL story and writing, terrible voicacting, no balance AT ALL, pretty dull melee combat, painfully bad bows, horrible pacing, it's actually really short and has actually pretty little content, sound design and music is completely fucked, some of the character models are mindBOGGINGLY ugly, a whole heap of mechanics that have little or no use (most of the spells, really).
Oh yeah, and on release, the game was shipped with a MAJOR bug that made it impossible to finish it for about 60% of all the users and was patched out only about a year post-release.
I still love the game though.
>>
>>379588976
And my favorite: jumping is tied to framerate, so if your framerate is too high, you can't complete the black beast lava jump segment without getting lucky with a lag spike (the existence of which is a flaw, too).
>>
>>379588852
All in all, the game is dark as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5EivDiXRY&list=PLfb799fqGUMV3kcmChrsqLyl3Zh2Ib0x_&index=3
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.