[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this. Why the fuck did people like this game at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (127KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
127KB, 460x215px
Just finished this. Why the fuck did people like this game at all?

>blandest excuse for a story I've seen
>empty, boring and extremely repetitive environment
>repetitive and uninspired mission design (one of the last missions had me branding 6 uruks just because)
>gameplay stolen and simplified from AC and Arkham. Climbing doesn't feel like an achievement at all. The game plays itself
>full of shoehorned references and scenes copied verbatim from the movies
>frustratingly boring characters

I wanted to like this game, but jesus what a waste of potential.
>>
>>379583463
I said this a million times when it released but nobody listened
>>
story was good if you're into lotr
environment wasnt empty, boring or extremely repetitive
gameplay was derivative of both but took good parts of each so not really an issue
shoehorned references? are you retarded?
MC and celebrimbor werent boring

3/10 made me respond
>>
>>379583463
The Nemesis system and literally only that. I don't think I ever even bothered beating the game, I just spent days and days playing with the Nemesis system. Grooming stronger and stronger Orc Chieftans and assassinating their rivals so they'd rise higher and higher through the ranks.
>>
>>379583463
>Just finished this
don't lie.
if you actually finished it then you would have complained about the "final boss."
>>
It's basically a regular modern open world AAA game that even steals Bam Ham combat
I have to check that it wasn't released by Ubisoft every time
>>
>>379583463
The game is unforgivable horse shit. One of the worst of all time. Good job not being a faggot OP
>>
>>379583463
>Why the fuck did people like this game at all?

Because
>open world
>looks pretty and has great animations
>doesn't challenge the player and essentially makes them overpowered to the point of being godlike (i.e. they went out of their way to not frustrate casual players)
>player character does all sorts of cool shit with very little input or skill required
>constant positive reinforcement through upgrade/progression systems
>tied to a popular franchise
>has a somewhat novel gimmick
>>
>>379584056
Are you a dev or possibly 12 ?

There was basically no fucking story, it sucked ass. The missions were all the same boring shit, no place is memorable, the main characters were useless as fuck , empty shells with barely some lore painted over them.
>>
Yeah i was wondering why people on here of all places were actually calling this game good after i played a bit of it
>>
>>379587882
Ratbag and the tower were neat but agreed.

The nemesis system carried the game hard.
>>
File: flashbacks.png (248KB, 641x358px) Image search: [Google]
flashbacks.png
248KB, 641x358px
>>379588176
I honestly tried to like the game, but once I got the "second" part I had to give up because I realized the missions were all the same but now in a slightly greener biome
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.