[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the (most) perfect Final Fantasy. Nobody can argue with this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 29

File: Logo_FFIX.jpg (79KB, 521x221px) Image search: [Google]
Logo_FFIX.jpg
79KB, 521x221px
This is the (most) perfect Final Fantasy.

Nobody can argue with this.
>>
>>379579305
Trance sucks and the battles take forever.
>>
>>379579305
Plenty of people can argue with it.
All of them would be wrong.
>>
>>379579349

Worst limit in the series.
7 -> You cant attack, but you can use other skills while saving limit
8 -> You can spam the shit out of it, bu keeping characters on critical
10 -> You can use it anytime you want, wont block your others skills

9 -> It starts on some easy encounter, activation lasts forever, and then its waiting all over again.
>>
>>379579349
You can deactivate the camera sequence at the start of every battle. You can also configure the battle speed and make it faster.
>>
>perfect

The skill system was shit and mostly a knock-off of the Esper system in FFVI, but worse because it forces you into using some gear.

Also there's like three main characters that add nothing to the story.
>>
>>379579516
You forgot:
6 -> The player is never told they exist, every character has one but you will never see it even once with every character in an average playthrough, and it only proc when you're so near death that you would rather heal then gamble on the limit activating.

By far the worst limit system.
>>
>>379579305
I'd kill for a faithful sequel, if only for the HD backgrounds in that art style.
>>
>>379579617
The Esper system is worse, because it doesn't have support-abilities. The only thing you can do is equip 2 (or 4 I don't remember) relics where in FF9 you can equip far more support-abilities.

Also you are not forced to do anything, if you want an ability permanently you can learn it. Don't be lazy, it stays with you for the rest of the game. This is a nice motivation for leveling and makes leveling far more satisfying than in FF6 where you only learn magic, and everyone has the same fucking magic. In FF9 everyone has unique magic.
>>
>>379579604
This.
>>
>>379579305
Battles are way too fucking slow completely ruined the game for me.
>>
>>379579305
The battle system is way too slow. Loading, turn speeds, animations, stealing rates, everything. And there's some broken bullshit involving it too, like how Regen works in real time. There's a lot of other shit I could bring up too but the battle system alone is enough to weigh the game down. VIII's battle system was a broken imbalanced mess but at least it didn't waste your time.
>>
Is this the only FF that had 2 player for the battles?
>>
>>379579305
Perfect definitely but not prolific, it is a jack of all trades but a master of none. It fails to reach any of the heights of its predecessors like FF6 or FF7.
>>
>>379583845
IX has heights so great most people don't even manage to reach them and only appreciate the game on the most basic level. Evidently, you are one of those people.
>>
>>379579305
>This is the (most) perfect Final Fantasy.
>Nobody can argue with this.

This is the FF I always see gettign its duck sucking on forums but I have never met anyone irl who has completed it. Me thinks it only attracts the most virgin of neckbeards.
>>
>>379584801
Methinks you've just posted a stale pasta
>>
>>379579305
FFV is more fun, though.
>>
>>379584925
>Methinks you've just posted a stale pasta

Nope, I myself -reasonably enjoying all of the FF games- have never get past the first CD. it's a really nice game I just never cared enough to finish it.

Through the years on forum my honest impression is that IX is the favourite FF of the neckbeards. No offense.
>>
>>379585616
Your personal experience has no correlation with reality, friend. No offense, but you might be projecting.
>>
>>379585616
>have never get past the first CD
Well too bad, because CD2 and 3 are superior to 1 and it is there that the plot really thickens and the plot is unique and amazing. I think it's pathetic when people judge stuff when they experienced only the beginning.

You find out that an alien tree is responsible for the mist and Queen Brahne is influenced by a man from another planet named Kuja who is also Zidanes brother, who in turn is controlled by an ancient cyborg named Garland who wants to revive his destroyed race and for that he needs to replace the souls of Gaia with the souls of Terra. The tree turns the souls of Gaia into mist. It turns out Zidane was the second angel of death and Kuja sent him to Gaia, because he was afraid of him. Terra is inside the planet btw and you travel there. Garland wanted to destroy the Eidolons because he was afraid of their power and he destroyed the Garnets village. Garland dies. Kuja dies. You and Kuja travel back in time to the beginning of the universe and Kuja wants to destroy the source of all existence, but he is defeated but his death summons an even more sinister creature from the void who wants annihilate existence itself. You stop him.

Oops I spoiled. No offense.
>>
>>379585616
faggot.

Play the game then come back.

Really, you're doing yourself a disservice by not playing it.
>>
File: ilove.png (546KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
ilove.png
546KB, 800x400px
If you had to play only one of these two games for the rest of your life... Which one would you choose?
>>
>>379587617
Whilst 9 is a better game, i'd probably pick 8 due to unlimited replayability of triple triad.
>>
File: IMG_6255.jpg (273KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6255.jpg
273KB, 900x600px
>>379579305
>>
>>379579305
Trance is bad and the battle system itself is the weakest of all FF.
So, no, it's not the kost perfect FF. A very good one, but mot the most perfect one.
>>
>>379586914
>I think it's pathetic when people judge stuff when they experienced only the beginning.
>>379585964
>Your personal experience has no correlation with reality, friend. No offense, but you might be projecting.

Guys I think you are proving my point. You are passionately defending the worse selling FF in the recent history of the franchise.

I'm not saying it's a bad game by no means, it's really good. I'm just saying it's the favourite of the neckbeards.
>>
Loved the art, the music, the setting.

But there is something weirdly empty about the game. Like a masturbation session that DOES make you came but nowhere near as much as you were expecting. FF7 delivered a full ejaculate, whereas FF9 is more like a sustained trickle of pre-cum.

All the same, I would still place it in my top three FF games.
>>
File: IMG_6250.jpg (46KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6250.jpg
46KB, 320x224px
>>379588267
It's perfect because it has Garnet in it who's the most beautiful girl in the world
>>
FFXII IS BEST
>>
File: 0ZqOpZ1.jpg (177KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
0ZqOpZ1.jpg
177KB, 2048x1365px
>>379588551
>stealth Maisie post.

I got you bro.
>>
File: IMG_6249.jpg (154KB, 1645x1150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6249.jpg
154KB, 1645x1150px
>>379588706
Who the hell is that ugly bitch?
>>
>>379585361
>>
IT'S TOO SCRIPTED

IT MAKES IT HORRIBLE TO REPLAY

10 HOURS OF A 12 HOUR GAME ARE DIALOGUE AND I CAN'T MAKE MY OWN TEAM TIL DISC 3

I LIKED FF9 MY FIRST PLAYTHROUGH BUT IT'S MY LEAST FAVORITE TO GO BACK TO

CAPS
>>
This is indeed the best final fantasy of all time, and the soundtrack is trascendental
>>
>>379588816
GoT trash
she's even fatter now
>>
IX was the worst PSX Final Fantasy. Looking at the series as a whole IX is pretty low-tier in general, bottom five easily.
>>
>>379588315
implying sales translates to quality of game.

XIII says hello.
>>
>>379589146
>implying sales translates to quality of game.
>XIII says hello.

IX is a really great game, it's just doesn't have wide appeal. It has a neckbeard appeal.
>>
>>379589383
It has mass appeal, namely to those who had been with the franchise the longest.

If you only jumped on the bandwagon for the most popular, 6 & 7 - then yeah, it may not have the highest appeal for you.

But given those people were just 'visitors' to the franchise, who gives a shit. Longtime classic FF fans ate it up.
>>
>>379584460
>you can't understand my game because you're a filthy casual
anon, you can't make a game sound good just by talking about heights that don't exist.
>>
>>379589681
>>>http://www.reddit.com/r/gatekeeping/
>>
>>379579305
How can you defend this game when it fucks up right at the beginning. It takes ages before you even get proper battles.
>>
>>379579305
i can though, 6 is objectively the best game in the series.
>>
Three things I'd change to fix FF9:
1. Change, replace or at the very least make not-mandatory the shitty Tetra Master game.
2. Reverse Amarant's and Lani's parts in the story. Neither has any relevance to the plot anyway, and crabby bitch with sweet body-length battle axe > Ronald McDonald with Vega Claws
3. Add actual boss fights for each Fiend when the team splits up. Showing all four teams in combat and limiting you to only fight Lich felt like a ripoff.

>>379583734
Ostensibly FF3 on the SNES could do it too, but I never tried.
>>
lv1 excalibur II walkthrough is one of the best retro games challenge
>>
>>379590249
>>379583734
FF4 and FF5 too, in the latter it's a lot of fun when two players develop two characters each. My friend made a fighter Bartz and magician Faris, I made a support skill Lenna and Ninja Galuf.
>>
>>379579305
only ff i like so must be true
>>
>>379579305
stealing triggered my OCD
so no

also you can't really do any proper character building, ability- or class-wise or whatever.
>>
>>379589768
hardly, you're simply less likely to appreciate it if you haven't been with it through its classic iterations.

also fuckoff leddit.
>>
>>379591064
this, game heavily penalizes you for not constantly stealing by making you pay a lot more for good gear (that you get later in the game, in a game where gear is the lion's share of your stats) and missing out on Thievery. Yet stealing is INCREDIBLY boring, repetitive, and tedious, and makes otherwise easy fights into RNG fests.
And it's not like you could run a team without Zidane, either.
>>
>>379589753
Talk to me when you're old enough to see IX's meta-themes
>>
File: Necron-ffix.png (441KB, 637x603px) Image search: [Google]
Necron-ffix.png
441KB, 637x603px
>>379579305
1. Takes forever for the game to actually get started
2. Trance system is cool, except that you can't control when to use it
3. Learning abilities from equipment? Lame. Forces you to keep certain equipment on that you would normally upgrade just to learn that ability
4. Every part of the game world -Mist Continent sucks
5. Half the roster is utterly useless
6. Pacing is appalling
7. That inverse castle that requires the weakest weapons/armor to do damage? Nice idea on paper, but in practice just means you're leaving for the Mist Continent to buy up some old weak-ass shit for just one dungeon
8. Necron
9. That Active Time thing where you can watch events occurring elsewhere? Again, nice idea on paper, but in practice it's just needless padding
10. Lost opportunities for elemental fiend boss battles
11. Meh, I'm tired of writing up this list, so I'll stop at 10. Nothing beats #8 anyways.
>>
>>379579305
It was so boring I never finished it.
>>
>>379589383
> It has a neckbeard appeal.

Bitches creamed themselves over it when it first came out though. Mostly because of Zidane and Kuja, but still.
>>
>>379579305
It's a toss up between V and IX desu.
>>
>>379591536
>endless bait
>>
>>379591536
>you're leaving for the Mist Continent to buy up some old weak-ass shit for just one dungeon
Not even going to get into the other things wrong with your post, but are you retarded? There's plenty of shit that doesn't scale with your equipped weapon and the dungeon is full of chests with low tier weapons.
>>
File: Necron.png (776KB, 837x576px) Image search: [Google]
Necron.png
776KB, 837x576px
How bout that Final Battle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqB8sTWv85Y
>>
File: Curaga-Ozma-FFIX.png (394KB, 638x433px) Image search: [Google]
Curaga-Ozma-FFIX.png
394KB, 638x433px
Are tehre anons who completed it 100% here?

I've beat all optional bosses including Ozma (by pure luck; he kept wrecking my shit until one time Vivi was the last one alive in my party with reflect on him and luckily this asshole cast some shit that could be reflected back on him several times in a row) but I couldn't gather all cards and finish that fucking rope mini game.
>>
>>379593746
99% here. Never done Excalibur II.
>>
You're not alone
>>
>>379591536
>1. Takes forever for the game to actually get started

This is true. That being said you can explore the town as much or as little as you want and even the first fight you have in the game has an optional weapon that you can steal that is a pretty good reward for giving it a go.

>2. Trance system is cool, except that you can't control when to use it

Never particularly liked that myself, but I've always been the kind of guy to hold onto super moves like that until as boss so I guess I got to use it a lot more than I normally would. I don't think this is something that is a negative, it's just how it is in this game.

>3. Learning abilities from equipment? Lame. Forces you to keep certain equipment on that you would normally upgrade just to learn that ability

This is good in a way though, you have control over what things you learn and on which characters, and automatically equipping everything that has a higher attack/defense stat isn't always the best idea in the long run.

>4. Every part of the game world -Mist Continent sucks

I don't really remember it being memorable either, but I don't think little me disliked it.

>5. Half the roster is utterly useless

I don't know.

>6. Pacing is appalling

Unfortunately I think this might have been the case. But there were enough ups to round out of the downs at least.

>7. That inverse castle that requires the weakest weapons/armor to do damage? Nice idea on paper, but in practice just means you're leaving for the Mist Continent to buy up some old weak-ass shit for just one dungeon

Or making do with what you have/being rewarded for holding onto old equipment. You don't have to be at max efficiency all the time anon.

>8. Necron

Yeah.

>9. That Active Time thing where you can watch events occurring elsewhere? Again, nice idea on paper, but in practice it's just needless padding

Some of them are cute.

and I'm tired too so I'm gonna stop.

FF8 is my favorite.
>>
File: 1248236603544.png (50KB, 182x165px) Image search: [Google]
1248236603544.png
50KB, 182x165px
>>379592141
>see Kuja for the first time back then
>damn that's a hot girl villain
>>
>>379593832
I can see why. This shit is beyond retarded. I couldn't bother getting it in my most autistic years.
>>
>>379579723
Wait, 6 had limits? I've beaten that game.
>>
>>379594004
When you get down to critical HP the characters would sometimes unleash them.
>>
File: lindblum.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lindblum.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
This scene has one of the best worldbuilding moments in video games. It perfectly shows you the world, and how everything on that continent feels connected.
>>
I liked it. It was fun.
>>
FFV is my favorite
>>
Theres literally no gameplay till the second disc and the story doesn't actually start untill the 3rd disc or something i forget.
>>
>>379579305
I dont like it much at all.

Battles are too slow even with speed increased.
The plot is a dumb erhashing if previous plots twists.
Some of the characters are awful.
I really dont like how they would always take a few party members away at completely random moments.
Side content is some of the worst like fuck.

Graphics and other mechanics are bretty gud but fuck I dont get the enthusiasm for this game. I also played it last year for the first time after doing a modded 7 playthrough because I wanted more turn based.
>>
FFIX had some great side content and an interesting world, but I think the main plot is pretty weak, and combat is somehow a downgrade from the previous entries.
>>
>>379597480
>>I really dont like how they would always take a few party members away at completely random moments.

This was always my biggest problem. I can handle most the other issues, but the game doesn't even really let you have full control over your entire party until well into the game, and by then you most likely just settle into the Zidane Vivi Garnet and Eiko set-up because that's all you had to work with.
>>
>>379597480
Also my least hated FFs are 3,4,6,7 and 12.

Is 5 better than 3? I never got far enough to find out how it does things better or worse.
>>
>>379598217
5 improves on the job system of 3 in every way, and the story is less generic and more humorous
>>
File: 1496679165639.jpg (1MB, 864x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496679165639.jpg
1MB, 864x1200px
>>379598428
So I'll like it, sweet.
>>
>>379598217
It's way better. You can alter job classes by teaching them abilities of other jobs, for example giving a berserker the Equip Whip ability. And the boss battles are much better too, having various twists to it like reacting to Slow spell by hasting itself instead of using the same attack each turn like in 3.
>>
>>379598217
Even though III is more basic than V, I kinda dig its approach to jobs. From V onward, jobs systems usually encouraged jumping around a lot and mix and matching. With III, I don't know if it was the intention, but I got the feeling the game encourages you to find a set-up you prefer and stick with it for the bulk of the game. It feels closer to the original in that regard.
>>
>>379579305
>This is the (most) perfect Final Fantasy.

That's not XV.
>>
>>379598596
To add to this, I found that enemies in 5 seem to deal more damage straight off the bat, and have very specific resistances to every possible attribute. If random counters start giving you trouble then you should probably think about switching up your jobs a little.
>>
>>379579305
I really don't like the cast / the style of them. Vivi being the exception. I kinda wish it was just like the beginning of being a thief in a group of thieves doing cool thief antics with a buncha bros.
The environments are amazing tho.
>>
>>379598596
>>379598647
>>379598987
Actually sounds pretty gud.
I will probably start it next time I do a bunch of turn based games, currently on a platformer binge.
>>
>>379579305
I'm torn between IX and VI

IX definitely is the game that shows the most love of all of them, period. The amount of details, tiny extracts that immerse you into the game and all the extra effort like simple signs that tell you tidbits of the history of the world ("This is the statue of Fuklaw the XIII: hero of the 3rd war of alexandria") comes to show that the creators truly loved what they were doing.
It is also remarkable for being one of the best games to make, in general, such good character development with its cast, making the characters relatable and personal with likeable personalities (there is no question why Vivi is one of the most liked characters of final fantasy franchise).

Final fantasy VI is completely blown the fuck out in the writing department, to be more precise in the character development part. It is very difficult to feel close to the characters because there isn't nearly as much time with them and the idea of changing protagonists (or "everyone is the protagonists at one point or other") didn't work as well. However VI wins in level design, both with the dungeons and the world being more open and not being as lineal, even if it lost story cohesion in the process. Outside of characters, I can't deny that the plot is a bit weak on both

Both games are similar as fuck gameplay wise, the characters are straightforward and easy to use (you perfectly know that a character is a mage supposed to spam magic or use physical attacks with and never feel like you are doing something wrong) but has room for developing strategies. However both share the same flaw of being fucking easy

This flaw is completely fixed by fan hacks, the most notorious being Brave new world for final fantasy VI and Unleashed for IX, but if it boils down to it I can't deny that BNW is definitely superior since it is meant as a gameplay enhancer with changes and whatnot and Unleashed is more designed as a mere numerical difficulty increase
>>
>>379579305
Shitty bait thread
>>
>>379597843
Downgraded to the bottom would be final fantasy VII. The game is dumbified to the extreme by making the basic attack insanely more strong that any other thing that you can throw at the enemy. It reaches a point where the game rewards you for spamming the attack and maybe knights of the round instead of trying to develop any strategy
>>
>>379599641
Not really, materia easily surpasses normal attacks as long as you dont steal strong weapons early.

The real problem was the slash all and 2x/4x cut. Also stuff like mug+added cut for an extra 2x early as shit.

Without those normal attacks arent nearly as useful.
>>
But the best Final Fantasy is Tactics?
>>
I-The most D&D-/tg/ one
II-Tried some new ideas that didn't go well
III- The first one with a sense of fucking huge adventure with a definite end
IV-The one with the most character focus
V-The least serious, also the most difficult
VI-The best music
VII- The simplest one and ugly as a sin, even for its time
VIII- A fucking mistake of a leveling and battle system.
IX- the most meticulously created world
X-the most linear one, but also interesting leveling system
XI-haven't played
XII-The most stylish one
XIII-skub in videogame form (hate or love). arguably the other that's the most difficult
XIV-Actually the best music.
XV-Instead of being a grand quest of heroes like the others, it is instead an adventure and journey among bros
>>
>>379600106
Tactics is hands down the best spin off FF game and it really deserves a modern game.
>>
>>379599065
>The environments are amazing tho.
This. As far as I'm concerned, IX's world design deserves the highest praise. The only dungeon that doesn't look particularly interesting is the Evil Forest
>>
>>379600318
>a grand quest of heroes like the others

I dont get this.
Most of the time you're a rag tag bunch of misfits or orphans.

9 and 12 had heroes in its party for sure but to say they all are besides 15 is a huge discredit to many of the others
>>
File: c4a.jpg (8KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
c4a.jpg
8KB, 238x192px
>this is the best final fantasy. Discuss
>512 replies and 215 image replies hidden, click here to view
>>
>>379599957
I disagree wholeheartedly, I couldn't believe how much my experience got enhanced by installing the New Threat hack to the game. the best way to summarize it to you is by quoting the readme file:

Whether you've played FF7 for a long time or just once or twice years ago, you'll know that the game is not the most challenging RPG out there. The game can be cleared with nothing more complex than a Cure spell or two with physical attacks & Limits. In fact, you can beat the game with lv.1 characters under a whole variety of restrictions; there's hundreds of exploits, imbalances, and altogether useless materials in this game that never get a chance to shine. The game was rushed to the finish line during it's production too, which has resulted in a whole number of glitches, AI oversights, and other problems. Wading into that mess to craft something resembling a difficulty arc with proper shape, challenge, and variety has not proven easy and previous NT versions have all failed in some way to achieve this to the standard I was aiming for.

The fundamental problem with balancing FF7 is that a see-saw occurs with it's physical attack formula. As Level is called twice, this results in physical attacks suddenly spiking up once your party has reached a certain level threshold, quickly leaving magical attacks with their longer animations and MP costs completely in the dust. There's also the issue with characters being very generic in their stats, with only weapons and Limits really separating them from each other. Finally, Materia can be equipped in very powerful combos with some being as simple as five counter-Attacks + Cover.
>>
>>379579305
Hoo boy, it's *this* thread again
>>
>>379600521
oh no, what I meant to say is the feeling the games are meant to evocate

all the games prior to XV are in the line of "we have this really important quest, we have to travel to this destination do it" in a heroic sense of destiny (XIII being an interesting case of the theme being the opposite, the refusal of the call, albeit ultimately succumbing to it inevitably) as a character driven plot where the focus in on what the characters are going to do. Final fantasy XV feels more like a journey with no clear destination (until you enter the late stages/chapters, inevitably) that favours a more event-driven plot.

It isn't saying it is better or worse, I personally think neither are bad
>>
>>379600665
I'm not saying the game isnt easy but honestly with a proper strategy and leveling any RPG is basically easy as shit. Thats not really viable if you play it blind first time but you get what I'm saying. If theres a way to get info on the enemy you can usually adjust accordingly and always win. If there isnt you just try 2 times if it doesnt work out initially because you dont have the proper elements or something.

I dont like to measure RPGs on a difficulty scale because some of the best are braindead easy while some that strive to be a hardcore difficult experience fall flat on their face. Obviously that goes for anything really but I would rather have a game thats too easy so on repeat playthroughs I can challenge myself rather than a game thats only hard and doesnt let you do a harder challenge in the same way.

For instance I love how easy FF7 is because it allows all the challenges and mods to alter the gameplay where as a much harder rpg might not get that since the initial playthrough is already hard enough to most casual players who arent ready to use strategies for every encounter and can push players away because of it.

You are right though FF7 has an almost backwards difficulty curve and its retarded.
>>
>>379601015
I guess I see what you're saying.
Honestly the way you put it shocked me that most FF's stories are like that in a way. Tons of other games pull the fast one where the first half of the game is just doing random shit until the actual plot unfolds later. Surprised FF took so long to try it.

Either way I dont like how people say its about the "bros" because thats how many of them felt except we had variety in the cast. We just didnt have the ability to portray characters so in depth way back then so your group of orphans doesnt really have the bonding and growth we see in 15.

It is a story of a journey with companions and character growth more than an epic quest though and thats where I can agree its different.
>>
>>379594129
I'm being trolled here. This is fake
>>
>>379601597
>with a proper strategy
I need to stop you there. You see, the thing is what constitutes a proper strategy is what makes an RPG hard.
Coming up with the proper strategy for a boss in SMT or Etrian Odyssey is hard as balls, because you need to know and understand a lot of factors. Once you put that strategy into work then yes, the easiest part is to do the execution so technically is fucking easy, right? No, I don't agree at all, of course there are difference in difficulty in RPGs
meanwhile Final fantasy VII does not have that strategic difficulty because coming down with the best strategy comes down to "nothing more complex than two physicals attacks and limits". It isn't just that it is easy, it is too easy, and these do not come from numerical difficulty (it isn't simply because enemies deal too little damage and you dish too much, which is why games like final fantasy VI or IX feel easy) it comes from design problems like all the characters being the same and the effectiveness of the easiest of tactics. The gameplay and challenge mods feel more like needed patches for bugs than an enhancement of challenge.

I've also yet to see a casual player struggling with the game, it is undoubtedly "babby's first jrpg" and praising its dumbed simplicity as a good point seems asinine

Again, just installing a balance hack like New threat enhances the experience significantly, but it will never wash away the feel that final fantasy VII is completely flawed, very similar to vanilla skyrim without mods
>>
http://livestream.com/accounts/5960432

Streaming FFIX. Prepare to be disappointed.
>>
>>379588315
I would have to agree with you. I actually did play the game to completion, however, while it did have some highs, you literally HAD to play to disc 2, of which none other ff had you wait that log in order to get the player vested in before.

The story was drawn out, the battle system was sluggish at best, I truly did HATE the trance system, while it did give an increase of stats, it tended to happen at the most inopportune times.

Some of the characters held little to no substance, and those that did, you had to try and connect with them on a different level, as with the other ff games, you could relate to their plight somewhat, the only character you could feel any sort of sympathy for was Vivi, and they kinda forced that upon you.

For the ups the game has, it does have drawbacks. For those who defend this game till your last breath, I say, there are far too many people who have played this game and came to the same conclusion. It's not the worst ff game (ff13-LS comes to mind) but it is far from the best, or perfect ff game as was stated before.
>>
>>379602894
install Unleashed hack

hardo modo

do it faggot

http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/forum/114-final-fantasy-ix-unleashed/
>>
>>379602609
You realize you agreed with me right?

I said ff7 is braindead but still one of the funnest ones to play. I said strategy makes all RPGs easy IF you know the proper attributes to take advantage of and systems to use while also leveling your characters properly. I said that on the first time playing these things are unknown so the most that can happen is using a scan equivalent to figure out what needs to be used OR dying and then using that info to manage yourself better and win the second time. I never said that happens in FF7 once, sop you can calm the fuck down boy-o.

I NEVER said it being easy is a good thing, just that I dont see difficulty as a merit for or against game if the game is still good. I can make an easy game harder through personal challenges. Same goes for a harder RPG that guess what, are easy as fuck after one playthrough and you know all the strategies.

Acting like any RPG is "difficult" and pretending that makes it better or worse is when RPGs get by on characters, setting and things of that nature far more than how hard something is the first time you try it.
>>
>>379602142
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc3f00xAJFc
>>
>>379579305

>Played FFIX until the end

>can't remember a fucking thing about it

I'm not going to dispute that FFIX was a bad game, I don't think it was, but the fact of the matter is I cannot, for the life of me, remember a god damn thing about it.

It was just so bland. Now I hated, HATED FFVIII with a passion, but I can still remember plot points from it.
>>
>>379603172
>that makes it better or worse is
Is just plain stupid.

guess I cant post right anymore. better leave now
>>
>>379603176

Not the guy disputing that it was fake but god DAMN that explains the random shit that went on in that game.

I remember that shit happening once in a blue moon. I honestly wouldn't say it was a "bad" system, as it wasn't too dependent on LBs helping out throughout the game but it was fun as fuck to see.
>>
I've only played the remake of III for DS, X, and XII. I liked XII the most.
>>
wait, no freya-fags yet? LOOOL
>>
>>379603279
time to replay it then

I also can't remember shit of final fantasy grand theft auto san andreas
>>
File: image.png (469KB, 545x607px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
469KB, 545x607px
>>379579305
THIS IS THE ONLY GOOD FINAL FANTASY
>>
>>379603664

Well that's kind of my point for myself. I have never replayed a final fantasy game until the end before in my life. Not saying I don't enjoy replay value just I play them in bits and chunks.

Even then I still cannot remember what went on in FFIX, but I can remember details from FF's games I played long before that. Like II, VI, and VII.

I feel IX is just very, very bland and generic.
>>
Ok, don't wanna break the thread, but however, don't wanna make new FF thread, so here is my question:

Could anyone help me get into the series? Like, for real, everyone kinda love it, but i can't see anything that
much attract me. I'm thinking of trying X, and maybe IX, cus i most like epic fantasy and less anime military kind of setting.
So, red-pill me on whole or each one separately, please.
btw, good/great graphics are plus, at least with mods
>>
>>379603928
I didn't get that feeling at all

it was the last medieval final fantasy, but even then it had a lot of original ideas and worldbuilding based around putting familiar elements from the series in interesting ways

Most likely we just like different things
>>
>>379604019
I always recommend VI as the starting one, but absolutely any but VIII and II are good starting points, so you can't go wrong with IX or X as you suggest

I in GBA dawn of souls is easy as fuck and I started from there, but perhaps too easy.
III and IV in the DS are quite difficult, perhaps the best versions of both of them (IOS and psp look fucking gross)

If you are an indecisive fuck just start with VI
>>
>>379604231
>medieval final fantasy
I never got this about the game.

Everyone says this but only 1 place is even medieval, the other large city is all airships and some kind of steam power. Other cities also dont give off medievil either to me. Sure they are clearly not as advanced as say FF7 people but the different cultures in each game always have stark technological contrasts.

I mean 9 really isnt anywhere near medievil if you go by the plot, its just stiener and that one city mostly.
>>
>>379604019
IV, V, XII and Tactics if you want fantasy. VII is basically where most people start though.
>>
>>379604615
oh well, the last "not futuristic", don't get so autistic
>>
>>379604615
FF9 has a baroque or post renaissance era vibe to it.

Medieval is 5th to 12th century with some overlap into Renaissance starting in 12th, renaissance starts in 12th and ends 15th then baroque is 16th.
>>
>>379604615
Most of the settlements you visit are at the rough level of technology you'd expect out of your average medieval fantasy world.
Alexandria, Burmecia, Cleyra, Dali on the surface, the Black Mage Village, Daguerreo, Esto Gaza, ans so on

Lindblum is an oddity, and all the other high-tech places are part of the standard ancient advanced civilization trope.
>>
>>379604772
True but mislabeling something is a good way to turn people off of a setting.

>>379605169
Finally someone who gets what I mean. It definitely has that vibe to it far more than medieval with how regal so many things are.
>>
That's not VII.
>>
>>379605574
VII is shit compared to the rest of final fantasies

not like II or VIII, which are shit y themselves, but still shit
>>
>>379604585
>>379604678
Ok guys, thx a lot.
>>
>>379593746

I couldn't finish the card game, I traded my fucking Namingway card and never got it back.
>>
File: 1496961781120.jpg (13KB, 240x211px) Image search: [Google]
1496961781120.jpg
13KB, 240x211px
>>379602894
Sorry, a guy came to look at my satellite dish. Stream back up and now I can actually see your comments.
http://livestream.com/accounts/5960432
>>
>>379605909
y tho
>>
>>379605909
nope, doesn't fucking work
>>
File: 1491466176780.png (47KB, 646x697px) Image search: [Google]
1491466176780.png
47KB, 646x697px
>>379579305

There's no reason to give it enormous amounts of praise, and no reason to overly criticize it. It was just a solid game with no outstanding presence. It was far from perfect, but that hardly means it was bad.
>>
>>379593746
Ozma was a bit disappointing for an optional superboss.

He has like what, 60k HP? Just a matter of getting lucky and the fight is over in a minute. Compared to the Emerald and Ruby in 7 and Omega in 8 weapons that force you to come up with a strategy.
>>
>>379606584
>Emerald and Ruby in 7
>strategy
spam dat motherfucking quad attack button
>>
>>379606584
>and Omega in 8
Isn't Omega easily wrecked by limit breaks? Maybe I'm thinking of ultima, whom I'm pretty sure i killed in basically a single turn
>>
Is II worth playing?
>>
>>379606860
Yeah you're thinking of Ultima. Omega had over a million HP which I think was unprecedented in the series
>>379606697
Sure the fights are quad/kotr/mime spamfests but at least you need to prepare a set up for it. Ozma can be killed with a pinch of luck and just physical attacks.
>>
>>379579305
So this is finally the year that people are going to pretend yet again that every Final Fantasy is shit except for whichever one has been getting the least attention?
>>
>>379607217
>but at least you need to prepare a set up for it
nice joke senpai, implying that the set up is difficult
>>
File: 1445623599175s.jpg (5KB, 226x224px) Image search: [Google]
1445623599175s.jpg
5KB, 226x224px
>>379606494
>>379606357
How does FFVII sound then? I'm at Temple of the Ancients.

>twitch
>(dot)
>tv/bafflermeat
>>
FF9's so easy it almost plays itself. But FF7 has better story, better gameplay, better side-quests, better exploration, better music... FF9 only has slightly better characters and graphics.
>>
>>379607502
what doesn't work is tyhe chat

also, having a bad quality camera pointing at a TV through a bad internet connection is a shit plan
>>
File: 1464234836188.jpg (383KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464234836188.jpg
383KB, 1920x1080px
>>379579305
Started IV the other day, in the first 30 minutes it's already leagues better than VI. VI was trash but IV seems like an actually balanced and engaging game with real direction and characters. Wanted to wait to play IX till after I finish IV since it's like a "throw back" to this style. I hope IX is more like IV and way less than VI, but I doubt it will be better than VII or X
>>
It's got flaws, but it's my favorite.
>>
File: 1465946371064.jpg (12KB, 163x163px) Image search: [Google]
1465946371064.jpg
12KB, 163x163px
>>379607252
It's commonly accepted in the jrpg community that all Final Fantasies are shit
>>
>>379607987
not at all, IX is very similar to VI in a lot of aspects

but seriously, I have no fucking idea what you disliked about VI, so I might be wrong
>>
>>379607781
This is just a straight stream through the PS4, no external camera nonsense. Chat is visible.
>>
>>379608135
Well that's disappointing to hear
>>
>>379608116
only hipster faggots
>>
>>379607987
I don't think you're going to be disappointed. Mechanics-wise IX is very similar to IV, but with a couple extra mechanics. Not as difficult though, of course.
>>
>>379608212
I swear that maybe I'm wrong because I don't know what you disliked so much of VI. And now that I think of it, it is true that IX is very similar to IV as well

Actually every game in the series is different from one another, so just try it
>>
>>379607987
I don't remember finishing VI and that's my problem, but I agree IV is excellent and probably the best in the series

Right now I'm playing V and it's also really good. Harder than IV for sure, then again I haven't tried the revamped DS version of IV which is apparently even more difficult
>>
>>379602609
Oh, I see... you're one of those guys who actually think grinding is a skill
>>
>>379579305
how is it perfect when the story is a blatant dbz ripoff?
> protag is an alien with a monkey tail
> sent to earth to destroy it
> becomes the savior instead
> does not know any of this until his brother shows up and tells him

yeeeaaa i was an ff fanboy and i hated 9 because i could not stomach that crap.
on top of that it has the least charismatic cast out of all the series. worst battle too.
worst hidden boss too.
>>
>>379608645
oh I see, you are one of those guys who thinks you can grind yourself to victory in a game and call himself good
>>
File: oh yeah, right, haha, fuck you.gif (407KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
oh yeah, right, haha, fuck you.gif
407KB, 250x250px
>>379608697
>blatant dbz ripoff

>it has some vague as fuck references

>total rip off
>>
>>379608605
IV remake has a hard mode, at least the PC port I've played does. The difficulty curve is a bit out of whack, some bosses are piss easy and others plain unfair unless you grind.
>>
>>379579604
Deactivating the "SWOOPING CAMERA ANGLES" at the start of the battle does not alter the length it takes before the scene is set and your ATB begins to start.

Speeding up the battle in the setting is a mild fast forward button, but the actual combat is NOT the slow part about why the "battles take so long" in FF9.

From the swirling encounter transition to ATB beginning is 17 seconds. 17 seconds. Every. Single. Encounter.

That's too slow and it takes for-fucking-ever.
>>
>>379608397
I think 6 has bad characters and writing, especially Kefka being the ultimate example of a bad antagonist. The game has little direction, especially in the world of ruin which I felt was a complete disaster. The mechanics are busted, espers are a cool concept but not balanced at all and the entire game falls apart at the back half. The only part where I thought the game was going anywhere good was the side story with Sabin where you go to the train, but then they just abandon all of that.
>>
>>379608851
> the whole core of the story is a ripoff
> the main standout feature of the protag design is a ripoff
> vague
>>
>>379579516
>9 -> It starts on some easy encounter, activation lasts forever, and then its waiting all over again.
Also, every time you activate "Trance" it takes 33% longer for it to "charge" before next activation.

After about 4 Trance activations, you likely won't see it again until the endgame.
>>
>>379579305
Perfect maybe not
But its is the comfiest
>>
>>379609103
ah then in those aspects you'll like IX much more

>>379609105
>the core concept

star wars is a FUCKING rip off of the hobbit

what the absolute fuck
>>
>>379609105
Zidane's heritage and stated purpose comes up 4/5ths of the way through the game, takes about 15 minutes to get resolved, and is never relevant again. It's a hilariously abortive plot point.

It's about as relevant to the overall story as the fact that Vivi's grandfather became a Force Ghost.
>>
>>379607217
>Omega had over a million HP which I think was unprecedented in the series

Move over, you low HP fucks.
>>
>>379586914
>CD2 and 3 are superior to 1
No, I don't think I'd agree to that.

>it is there that the plot really thickens and the plot is unique and amazing.
>unique
>amazing
Hysterical. It's Dragonball. Zidane is literally Goku. Instead of fighting Frieza, you fight your dad.
>>
>>379607987
>IV better than VI
>that terrible first attempt at ATB system
>that magic casting time that takes 2 turns
>half the party are black mages
>>
>>379608116
>JRPG "community"
>Any credibility
>>
File: 1419791382739.png (984KB, 863x661px) Image search: [Google]
1419791382739.png
984KB, 863x661px
>>379609396
The one thing I hear about 9 that scares me is that the battles are slow as fuck. Do animations really take that long? Also not a real fan of ATB so that doesn't help much either. Probably gonna have to pop some podcasts
>>379609553
I said I played 30 minutes nigga, but I do know that in 6 the entire cast is black mages
>>
>>379586914
>sinister creature from the void who wants annihilate existence itself. You stop him.
You don't stop him, though. He just says, "fine, I'll wait a bit more since you faggot like 'living' so much. I'll be back later."
>>
>>379609396
>star wars is a FUCKING rip off of the hobbit

When your addition to the story does fucking nothing except poorly explain why the villain becomes Neo-Sephiroth then it's shit. FF2's story was pretty much repackaged Starwars but it made sense and every part of it helped add to the story.

FF9 telling me that my party members are weird alien clones, or useless forgotten pieces of shit doesn't make them cool and interesting, it just makes them forced and pointless special snowflakes.
>>
>>379609661
More credibility than the self contained laughing stock that is the splintered FF community. It's like y'all only played SNES rpgs and then decided the genre died
>>
>>379609698
It's an overexaggerated meme. Battle length is fine, and if they bother you for some reason, the Steam version has a fast forward button.
And so do emulators.
>>
>>379609553
Spells took longer to cast so as to offset their high damage against certain bosses
It's called balance, my friend
>>
>>379609893
I gotta play the original my man, and I especially hate emulators. Hell I'm playing 4 on SNES even though everyone said to play the PSP version
>>
>>379609698
but the difference is that they do have some other useful skills, and magic does load in time. A game where it gives you so many magic users but you cant even cast fire before being hit 2 times is not sensible at all. that is if you are playing the snes/gba version. I dont know if they fixed this in the remake
>>
>>379591064
"Stole Fairy Flute!"

FUCK YOU HILGIGARIS NO I DIDN'T
>>
>>379608116
>In my SMT circlejerk (probably gamefaqs) all us elitist dislike Final Fantasy!
Whatever, faggot. You act like JRPGs are somehow the pinnacle of video games when they're just cheesy bullshit games usually best enjoyed at a young age.

Next are you going to compare who has the best taste in shonen jump animes? Fuck off.
>>
>>379609982
a bad balance, I'm so glad FFV fixed that and gave proper timing. You can't just make casting regular fire as long as casting a summon
>>
File: 1465254253113.jpg (62KB, 800x678px) Image search: [Google]
1465254253113.jpg
62KB, 800x678px
>>379600318
>XI-haven't played
Having played started playing 11 last month, it feels more /tg/ than FF1 does. It's a very open ended game, and you have a lot of shit you can do with your build.

Only problem is that it really, really shows its age, and the fact that it was designed as a PS2 game before being ported to PC is super obvious. It's fun once you get used to the archaic interface (and install some third party mods for a minimap and other shit) though.

>XIV-Actually the best music.
Objectively true.
>>
>>379609698
>the battles are slow as fuck
shit senpai, let me check

I didn't think of it because they are definitely faster than VII and VIII
Actually it is just like final fantasy IV DS speed (slow at the beginning of the game, when your characters have low speed stat), the only problem being that you can't configure the battle to go instant like in the snes version of that game.

but yeah, it seems it is just a meme like>>379609893 says
>>
>>379587958
according to this all final fantasy from 1 to 10 are terrible.
>>
>>379610218
FORWARD AND BACK
>>
>>379610117
Was that the one with a 1/250 steal rate or some shit? What the fuck were they thinking
>>
File: 1465165126777.jpg (144KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1465165126777.jpg
144KB, 1600x900px
>>379610142
Bring up FF in a jrpg thread here and enjoy getting laughed out of it
>cheesy bullshit games usually best enjoyed at a young age
Ironically this perfectly describes FF specifically instead of the genre as whole
>>
>>379610193
>a bad balance
Uh, no. You have to bear in mind IV had 5 party members most of the time. It's a sensible trade-off to have an additional physical attacker at the expense of slightly more vulnerable mages.

Basic black magic might be shitty compared to most summons but that applies to all the games and the basic spells don't last you long anyway.
>>
Despite it being my fave, 9 is plenty flawed.

The most blatant fuckup off the top of my head is that every character aside from Zidane, Vivi, Steiner and Garnet being near-pointless in the story.

Quina is only relevant for one tiny portion of the story, to show you the entrance of Fossil Roo. Eiko is there for minor exposition focused on Garnet and to instruct Garnet on Alexander, a scene that takes all of a few seconds. Amarant is entirely useless other than to drive home the point of Zidane's good hearted attitude (something that is already obvious by the end of Disc 1 and Amarant's Ipsen shit happens on Disc 3) and Freya's story is completely ignored the moment Cleyra gets nuked.

Aside from the main 4, none of them matter much and could be replaced with temporary NPCs like Blank or Beatrix at best. Even Steiner sometimes skirts the line of pointlessness, but he gets plenty of character development throughout the story.
>>
>>379610726
>instead of the genre as whole

Okay champ.
>>
But that isn't my favorite so you're wrong, XII is clearly superior for having my wife (princess).
>>
>>379607252
I mean, I like 1-6, 9, 11, and 14. Tactics and Bravely Default too, if the latter counts. Other ones I've either never played or have mixed feelings about.

I feel like most FF games are good, but I feel like the recent ones (besides 14) are starting to lose their way.

>>379608116
>It's commonly accepted in the jrpg community that all Final Fantasies are shit
Eh, not from what I've seen. 9 and Tactics get a lot of love.

And having played IMAGINE, FF ended up with the better MMOs than SMT did.
>>
>>379610726
Name another turnbased JRPG without:
>Goofy characters
>An over-convoluted shit story
>Broken battle system
>Piss easy difficulty
>High school setting

Chances are you're just a shitposting Dark Souls refugee echoing other people's opinions though so I expect a bait response.
>>
>>379591536
>That Active Time thing where you can watch events occurring elsewhere? Again, nice idea on paper, but in practice it's just needless padding
Active Time Events were one of the best and most endearing parts of FFIX. How fucking shitty taste can you have.
>>
>>379611349
My point is, at first people were saying 8 and 10 were the only ones you could like. Then it became only FF6, now it's FF9. Soon it'll be FF12 when all the underage newfags get around to playing the remake.
>>
File: Hill Gigas.png (164KB, 350x393px) Image search: [Google]
Hill Gigas.png
164KB, 350x393px
>>379610395
Yup. He's one of the few bosses with the weapon steal in a rare FOURTH slot, which also has a lower steal rate.

There's a .39% of stealing Fairy Flute from him. WITH BANDIT, it's still 1/256 chance.

He's renowned for how long players sat in that battle using the Steal command over and over and over and over again. The rate never increased, btw. It's a .39% chance, it STAYS a .39% chance.
>>
>>379611610
>were the only ones you could like.

What the fuck are you even on about now?
>>
>>379610987
Never thought about it like that but you're right

Compared to something like FF7 where party members have fully fleshed out stories. Cait Sith for example, one of the most interesting characters in the series for me
>>
File: Nocturne.jpg (34KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
Nocturne.jpg
34KB, 256x360px
>>379611484
There's plenty, but if you're gonna be a contrarian and say every story you don't like is "convoluted" or "shit" then we shouldn't even bother
>>
>>379611753
Meaning if you're desperate to fit in like this >>379608116 clown, you're not allowed to like certain games on the internet. But if you aren't mentally handicapped you won't change your mind about whether or not you like or want to try a game just because a collective of slobbering retards shared their worthless opinion.
>>
>>379604615
It's got knights and princesses.
>>
>>379611827
>press turn
>not broken
>Goofy characters
>not the focal point but the slime mara segment
>>
>>379611682
Only Beatrix and Tantarian had 4th slot steal items, too. The difference is, Beatrix's Mythril Sword could be purchased almost immediately after her fight (which was timed anyway) so that wasn't so bad and Tantarian's Demon Mail could be easily stolen by winning the Theif's Gloves at the Treno Auction house beforehand (which grants 32x tha chance to steal rare items).

But Hilgigars. He had that damned flute, you didn't have access to Master Theif, you wouldn't get that flute until MUCH later and it had some essential skills to learn. So you sat there. Stealing, over and over. And if you didn't have Bandit equipped, sometimes you'd miss.
>>
File: Radiant-Historia.jpg (449KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Radiant-Historia.jpg
449KB, 1280x1024px
>>379612124
Press turn is incredibly balanced, it's practically the standard example. And I don't see how goofy characters is even relevant here if we're gonna lump in any kind of humor attempts at all
>>
>>379600318
Do you really find V more difficult than 1 or 2? Did you play the originals or the easier remakes.
>>
>>379611827
>but if you're gonna be a contrarian and say every story you don't like[...]
Eat shit, faggot. The fact you were paranoid enough to add this to your post when I didn't even imply that speaks miles.

Is this really the only fucking game people can use though? People will say Final Fantasy and Pokemon is shit, and the only thing people present is this ONE fucking game. I've never seen any other genre where people claim there is only a single good game in it.

The ironic part of all this is that you're calling someone else a "contrarian" when you're arguing on the side that agrees that OVER 10 installments the most well known JRPG series besides maybe Pokemon and DQ is shit. What a stupid hypocritical fuck you are.
>>
I don't know about perfect, but I do love it.
>>
>>379610117
>>379610395
>>379611682
>>379612432
Oh, and he was relatively strong so not only could you die to him and have to restart...he'd fill your trance meter(s) on your party over the course of the hour and half you sat there. And since you can't control your FUCKIN' Trance, it'd go off and you might accidentally kill him before you stole it.
>>
>>379611682
>>379612432

Worst mechanic in the game by far. As an autismo completionist who couldn't kill a boss without stealing everything first FF9 was torture. Especially the first couple of disks where healing is pretty limited.
>>
>>379611610
You might be more oldfag that me, only starting browsing around 2008, but I distinctly remember IX and VI being loved, even back then. I feel like the majority thought X was kind of bullshit back then too.

I do feel like the opinion of XII has changed in recent years though. I remember the jokes about it being a game that "played itself", and now people seem to like it. Maybe just from virtue of being more "Fantasy" than the recent games. Or having Viera.

Frankly, I've never played it, and am one of the people waiting for the remake to try it out. I just hope it gets a PC port.
>>
>>379612824
This made the game unenjoyable for me because I would be playing the game normally, then once a battle comes it's pretty much soft-reset central.
>>
>>379612842
I loved XII even when it first came out.
>>
>>379611793
Exactly. Cait Sith is widely regarded as a joke character yet he had his finger in a few events that directly helped you.

Unfortunately, FF8 suffers in the character department as well. Quistis being the biggest offender. She generally stops being relevant after Disc 1 (her relevant moments being Squall's Fire Cavern training, the Dollet mission and the portcullis objective when assassinating Edea).

Zell struggles heavily past the Desert Prison but he's Squall's energetic foil, Selphie is kindof on/off as for large chunks of the story she's pointless but then you get the Trabia scenes and FH concert. Irvine is like Selphie, but less as he's mostly there to do the big Orphanage reveal in Trabia.

The thing with 8 is that you can't tell as much as FF9 because it's a smaller roster and there's more obligatory moments where the party splits. this makes you think everyone's relevant, but then you realize they could've paced them differently or made them temporary NPCs like Edea and Seifer as well.

Fucking Seifer gets more character development than half the cast and he gets almost none.
>>
File: EO3.png (2MB, 875x960px) Image search: [Google]
EO3.png
2MB, 875x960px
>>379612576
Wow great to see zero counterpoints and plenty of insults, you must feel pretty good. I posted another example after leading with the easiest one. Too bad it triggered you after just one game. But here's another
>>
Weird. I enjoyed stealing being useful for once, but also don't have any real compulsive tendencies.
>>
>>379613104
>>Wow great to see zero counterpoints

For what purpose? Plenty of people here recognize that there are other good jrpgs outside of FF, plenty better even. You're the one getting into autismal shitflinging over nothing.
>>
>>379611827
I mean, Nocturne can be broken as fuck once you know what you're doing, and some of the demons are goofy as fuck.
But you're right in that SMT, in general, is good at not following formulatic bullshit that most people associate with JRPGs.

Then again, so are most Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy games. Sure Final Fantasy sometimes has convoluted stories (looking at you X), but other than that, the difficulty is fairly balanced, most main characters aren't too silly, and there's never been a high school Final Fantasy game, to my knowledge.
>>
>>379613104
All you've done is call people contrarian and list two JRPGs from /v/ obscure jrpg starter pack. Just because I played Final Fantasy does it somehow place some kind of spiritual DRM on all other franchises? How are these games SO MUCH better?

None of this explains why YOU think pretty much ( all ) other jrpgs are terrible aside from SPECIFIC installments from specific franchises and thinking that claim deserves arguing against means you're too much of a stupid fuck to realize what your claiming makes no sense.
It isn't backed by anything other than what you and the small vocal minorities who echo your opinions are. If this isn't your opinion, then why are you still responding?
>>
>>379613991
>there's never been a high school Final Fantasy game

Even though I'm arguing against this retard, to play devil's advocate FF8 starts on whats pretty much a college campus, and from what I could handle enduring in Type-0 the entire game seems to be themed around one.

This makes sense though considering the target audience.
>>
>>379613991
>and there's never been a high school Final Fantasy game, to my knowledge.

Technically VIII. Also, didn't Type-0 or whatever center around an academy?
>>
>>379613705
I think it's some kind of gross, viscous internet cycle garbage. The power of one asshole to turn someone else into being an asshole to other people is pretty surprising. I hope I didn't just further it for anybody here. I'm gonna get off and get ready for my shitty retail job soon. Hope you guys have a good day, sorry for needlessly shitting up a comfy thread.
>>
>>379585616
If you've never met anyone in person who likes FFIX as you said, then how do you know it is the favorite of neckbeards?
>>
>>379579305
Shitty slow-ass ATB with long pauses between selecting an action and the action being executed.

Game sucks dick.
>>
>>379579305
Final Fantasy 9 frames per second
>>
14s not too bad
>>
>>379608940
This.
IX feels like walking through molasses
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.