[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we hate it again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 16

File: unnamed (2).png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2).png
2MB, 1440x900px
Why do we hate it again?
>>
because it's garbage.
>>
It's popular
>>
It's designed so that you go have nothing to do during your opponent's turn and somehow it's both really snowbally and swingy at the same time.

I was pretty keen for it when it was coming out but the game just wasn't good.
>>
It's a CCG that doesn't utilize any of the benefits of being an online game in favor of jewing every potential player to a crazy degree

It's also ridiculously simple and RNG dependent, even in terms of card games
>>
File: 1427995704118.png (131KB, 241x245px) Image search: [Google]
1427995704118.png
131KB, 241x245px
http://store.steampowered.com/app/364470
>>
RNG

Zoo
>>
>Blizzard game
>popular
>people enjoy it

the perfect scapegoat for /v/
>>
>>379577058
Too much RNG.
>>
>>379578292
Do I have to get the flies and shit analogy out again
>>
File: 1456210673406.jpg (82KB, 950x594px) Image search: [Google]
1456210673406.jpg
82KB, 950x594px
>>379577058

Terrible balance, incredibly jewish, and the devs insist on treating people like idiots. It also created the dumbest card in card game history which is an incredible feat (pic not related)
>>
Each match is decided by RNG before the first card is even played

Blizzards kikery gets more and more jewish with each card expansion, The drop rates for cards are bullshit and designed to nickel and dime you as much as possible, Hell the entire thing is rigged

>Gadgetzan release
>A """""glitch""""" caused tons of people to get the exact same cards no matter how many packs they opened
>Blizzard """""fixed""""" the """""glitch""""" and didn't even refund the people affected by it

Just play LITERALLY any other card game
>>
There's so much RNG it pretty much plays itself. It's like the game has more fun than I do, and I'm only there to press buttons
>>
How the fuck is there a cardgame based on RNG and no strategy. Makes me wanna play Russian Roulette instead, it has better mechanics
>>
Too random to be considered a viable Card Game
>>
>>379577058
It's shit and I played it for years as still uninstalled it after quests cards
>>
I enjoyed it for a long time, but after a while I couldn't see the point in playing. Tavern brawls can still be fun for a couple of games, but climbing the ladder is pointless, and making fun decks generally doesn't work when so many people are just using the latest legend decks.
>>
File: 1496181007034.webm (2MB, 994x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496181007034.webm
2MB, 994x600px
>>379577058
Because ever since I started playing Gwent it became glaringly obvious to me that it's an unbalanced, RNG ridden piece of shit cardgame, where new players need hundreds of dollars to catch up, and players are treated like idiots.

The difference between the two games is astounding
>>
>>379577058
Because it is in essence a great game but it's ruined by all those fags who just go to Google and search for the best viable deck and spend all their money to buy that deck instead of crafting and exploring good decks theirselves.

Also some cards being locked behind paid stories.
>>
because I blew $477 on it
>>
Maximum jewishness
Maximum randomness
Minimum interaction
Great polish though
>>
>>379578494
Was it your first card game?
>>
>>379578494
>Because it is in essence a great game

It's not.
>>
It has fantastic UI and overall design, something shit like magick really needs. But also everything this guy said -> >>379578361
>>
I didn't keep up with all the new cards and the meta so I lost interest
>>
>>379577058
Infuriatingly Simple, Insanely Random.
>>
>>379578592
That's the one and only appeal

a bunch of retards see a pretty game with particle effects and card animations and woah you can interact with the board, and then it's almost like you're not playing the card game equivalent of candy crush
>>
>>379578451

Man, I know I'm some dumb ass Hearthstone pleb (I've gotten Legend for what it's worth) but I just can't get into this fucking game. I just feel like I don't know what I'm doing and I can't learn any of the cards. I realise what makes it good and I played the shit out of it in Witcher 3 but everytime I play it I just feel like I don't have any cards, I don't know any of the cards, and I just can't do anything cool besides playing vanilla boring minions.
>>
You can play fun decks till ~rang 19. After then, everybody recks your shit with standart meta decks.
>>
>>379577058
Mostly because if you play it as more than a simple way but fun way to piss away time, it immediately turns to shite. The problem is that everyone else plays it "seriously," so you're potentially at a serious cash advantage when you play online. Then the game started to support these people, so you can't play it with anyone else other than friends.

There's a question of whether or not it's Hearthstone's fault, as the same issues of randomness, cash/time barrier, and meta shites are present in games like Shadowverse, but Hearthstone also lacks a decent deeper layer to it that really condemns the game. Personally, I just avoid both and play shite like Gwent or Duelyst when I'm bored and feeling like a CCG.
>>
It's a decent fun casul game, but the amount of time it takes to get cards, and the cost of the cards if you pay is over the top compared to other card games.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gained back a lot of players if they revamped the pack system.
>>
>>379577058
it's not as fun as other card games
>>
>>379578292
>people enjoy it
No, people enjoy Overwatch. Everyone despise this game but play it because they're addicted.
>>
File: 37l9cf68q6uy.jpg (31KB, 530x365px) Image search: [Google]
37l9cf68q6uy.jpg
31KB, 530x365px
>>379578707
It's fundamentally different from how Hearthstone works, and that's what makes it really fun for me. Basically, you need to forget some stuff that was basic in Hearthstone, like aggro, curve keeping, large card advantage, etc. Also you can experiment a lot more with decks, you don't really need to netdeck. You need some poker-mentality, get used to bluffing and making your opponent overcommit in key turns.

Go watch some videos from some guy like Noxious, do the single-player challanges to get used to the cards, and you will learn everything in no-time.
>>
File: 56carryover.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
56carryover.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>379578707

It gets really fun and is way more generous than hearthstone in terms of getting free shit. It's also pretty rewarding from a competition standpoint. When I lose i can usually point to where I made mistakes and could have played better which is rarely ever the case for hearthstone
>>
Because tank 15 literally puts you in the top 20% of players and /v/ can't into card strategy so they think it's pay to win
>>
>>379577058
Because it's p2w imbalanced garbage.
>>
>>379578941
>not keeping at least one bear to be able to counter a harpy deck

wow the opponent was an idiot
>>
>>379578451
Gwent went full retard on the other side of the spectrum. There's very little rng and every game plays exactly the same. None of them can hit that sweet poker spot of having both luck and meaningful decisions in the game
>>
File: 1479332538080.jpg (622KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1479332538080.jpg
622KB, 1024x1280px
>>379578451
I'm actually impressed by the detail they have put on the animated cards. I wish sv would step up though all the entrances and attacks are well animated so maybe it's okay.
>>
You need to play the same exact decks in order to win
>>
>>379577058
Because even if it's a bit better now, the meta will always have decks where if the enemy gets the right 5 cards at the beginning, you're dead at like turn 5-7.
Also being a streamed/"esports" game means everyone just copies the top decks.
Also it's so expensive to get into it, partly because of the previous point. You think they're just gonna keep all that data sitting there in the form of previous expansions? They're gonna come back into ranked meta one day.
Also Blizz stating that they're mostly doing expansions with packs now doesn't help
>>
File: 1449247539178.png (616KB, 572x674px) Image search: [Google]
1449247539178.png
616KB, 572x674px
>>379579050
>There's very little rng and every game plays exactly the same

Did you even play the game? Do you know how completely retarded this statement is?
>>
Why are devs stuck with cards? I could understand for MTG games, but all those fucking other games are video games.
Why can't we have creatures, a battlefield, animations?

Only game that does it is Duelyst.
>>
>people complaining about RNG in a CARD GAME

really rustles my jimmies
>>
>>379577058
we hate everything anon
>>
>>379578592
Fuuuuck. If magic could just get a proper online version to the same degree as HS, I would play that shit ALL the time.

Magic is just so much better in every fucking way.
The ONLY reason I play HS instead of magic at the moment is because I don't want to keep up with a physical collection, and I don't live near the friends I used to play magic with.

I guess they might just fear having a viable online alternative would cut down on the sale of physical packs and also split the fanbase. Would have less people wanting to come out to magic events if their collection is digital. And I doubt they'd want to have some people playing on laptops and some people playing physical.
>>
>>379579152
>Hey guys we need a new card mechanic to get people playing the new expansion
>Fuck it just give the minions a random buff and call it "adaption'
>Genius
>>
File: tumblr_omqfb5AXdz1v3myc1o1_250.gif (2MB, 245x364px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omqfb5AXdz1v3myc1o1_250.gif
2MB, 245x364px
>>379579120
The card designs for Gwent in general are fucking amazing
>>
>>379579050
>luck
>good for the game

kek
>>
>>379579206
Hearthstone started the trend, and having large amounts of character artwork already, it makes sense.
>>
File: Might-and-Magic-Expansion.jpg (1MB, 1680x989px) Image search: [Google]
Might-and-Magic-Expansion.jpg
1MB, 1680x989px
Daily reminder that pic related doesn't exist anymore ; ;

F
>>
>>379578292
>shit fucking VIRTUAL card game
>YOU HATE IT BECAUSE IT POPULAR

there is nothing more cucked than playing a card game where you don't even own the fucking cards.
>>
>>379579365
If you hate luck period you shouldn't touch card games to begin with. Randomness is part of the thrill
>>
>>379579285
We're talking in relative terms

obviously you draw cards in a card game, don't be a fucking retard

but only hearthstone has so many cards that are "deal X damage randomly to Y', "Summon random X minion", "create a random spell", "discover a random class card" that offer zero counterplay
>>
File: Yogg-Saron.jpg (90KB, 728x960px) Image search: [Google]
Yogg-Saron.jpg
90KB, 728x960px
>>379579285

Hearthstone took rng to a whole other level. Nothing will ever be as dumb as the pre-nerf yogg meta.
>>
>>379579323
MTGO is honestly really good. Trading is a little less than ideal but the actual in game interface is as good as it can get for a game with rules as intricate as MTG.
>>
>>379579428
All card games are inherently random.
But the randomness comes from the shuffeling of the deck.
It shouldn't come from
>lol summon a RANDOM 3 cost card
>discover a RANDOM secret
When you because of RANDOM shit that was never in your deck, it's frustrating. And you could have the least RNG deck in all of HS, but if your opponent runs RNG, you can still get fucked by it.
>>
>>379577058
Because it's painfully simple and pay to win as fuck.
>>
File: serious rabbit cat.jpg (13KB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
serious rabbit cat.jpg
13KB, 245x246px
>rng
>fun
>>
>>379579472
Is that random spells from your deck or random spells from the whole card pool?
>>
>>379579368
Not at all, Heartstone was fucking late to the party, just like with Heroes of the Storm. So many card games were shat out before it. Hex, Forged, Infinity Wars...
>>
>>379577058
No Linux client despite being made in unity
>>
>>379579592
It doesn't say from your deck now does it?
>>
>>379577058
Because better options exist for online card games, namely Magic (via Workstation or a similar 3rd party client so it's essentially free) or Hex:SoF ("half-priced" MTG knock-off that's got a pretty good online client)
>>
>>379579592
It's random spells from every possible spell in the game

targeted randomly

And this shit applies to most fucking random create card effects in the game, there's no way to counter cards that literally don't exist in your opponents deck because he magicked them up from thin air
>>
>>379579592
card pool famalam.
>>
>>379579437
No, people in these threads fundamentally misunderstand that randomness is a fundamental component of card games and make statements implying that more automatically = bad, and less automatically = good.

Hearthstone has plenty of problems but -some- of the rng mechanics are sincerely the best things about the game. Discover, while it can feel like bs, is a really good example of an rng mechanic involving counterplay.
>>
>>379579368
>Hearthstone started the trend

You mean hearthstone become the mainstream one
>>
>>379579635
>>379579662
>>379579680
That's fucking insane.
>>
>>379579714
Its basically a "Fuck you I'm losing and have nothing to lose oh look now Im winning thanks to rng"

Obviously it can go the other way too
>>
>>379579696
What counterplay is there to your opponent fabricating cards that are outside his deck and part of a much greater pool? What makes discover have MORE counterplay? Because your opponent gets to pick the best of 3 random cards?
>>
>>379579696
Wow yeah I sure love when the enemy paladin picks up 3 tirions. Such counterplay.
>>
This game is basically OTK decks that stall until they can do so, extreme aggro decks, and RNG shit out the ass.
"Competitive" is a complete joke.
>>
>>379579714
https://youtu.be/bNvskt451v8?t=9m4s

You don't even need to know how the game works to realize how ridiculous it gets, though now if Yogg randomly kills himself the circus gets to an abrupt end.
>>
>>379578292
I honestly don not enjoy heartstone because it's a p2w game.
>b-but you can buy packs without paying anything irl
i know, but that does not mean you can compete with those who have better cards.
>>
>>379577058
RNG garbage
>>
If you want to play a card game play magic
>>
Reminder that hundreds of card interactions in Magic don't make sense and have to be house ruled. It's a broken system that didn't have to deal with actual programming logic.

They literally make up the rules whenever players find a broken situation at tournaments and then collect these decisions as official.

Ever since then I have gained respect for Hearthstone. At least they have to make functional cards BEFORE releasing them.
>>
File: 1376678809804.jpg (47KB, 226x199px) Image search: [Google]
1376678809804.jpg
47KB, 226x199px
>>379580985
>Reminder that hundreds of card interactions in Magic don't make sense and have to be house ruled. It's a broken system that didn't have to deal with actual programming logic.
>They literally make up the rules whenever players find a broken situation at tournaments and then collect these decisions as official.
What the fuck are you even talking about? None of this is true
>>
>>379580985
pure nonsense
>>
>>379580985
This hasn't been the case for like 20 years. Modern magic has the most consistent, precise and lucid rules of any game I've ever played.
>>
>>379580985
Even if it was true that's not very impressive given how fucking simple hearthstone card interactions are
>>
>>379579472
But that was FUN
Just like taking out emperor and reno brought the meta back to normal, boring shit.
>>
>>379579707
Yes, that's what trendsetters do. They make things mainstream
>>
>>379577058
because even japanese phone game is better at doing what it attempts to do :^)
>>
>>379579803
>>379579714
>>379579472
As far as competitive gameplay was concerned it was awful. Every deck that had a moderate amount of spells ran it, it made watching official tournaments boring since it came down to a coinflip of 'can yogg clear the board and win the game' more often than not.
However purely for casually dicking around it was probably the most amount of fun I've had with hearthstone.
>>
File: momir-vig-simic-visionary.jpg (173KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
momir-vig-simic-visionary.jpg
173KB, 480x680px
>>379581874
Yeah that kind of thing is nice as an occasional fun thing but it's awful competitively.

I really miss playing Momir Vig on mtgo sometimes.
>>
>>379577058
Because we are bad at it and it requires some investment of money to get decent cards to reach Legend unless you're a pro.
>>
>>379578373
Blizzard are jews but this is plain wrong.

Everyone affected was given free packs equal to 33% of the bugged packs they opened.
>>
>>379579394
Are there any CCG ruined as much by dev/publisher as this one?
Holy shit they dropped the ball hard.
>>
>>379579323
>The ONLY reason I play HS instead of magic at the moment is because I don't want to keep up with a physical collection, and I don't live near the friends I used to play magic with.
just play online using cockatrice or lackey or whatever
>>
Because it's too RNG and because the meta is never slow enough where the RNG becomes a tool for controlling variance.
>>
I don't hate it.

At least it's genuinely possible to have fun without paying for anything.
Other F2P CCG don't manage to achieve that. Duel Links comes to mind. P2W as hell.
>>
>>379577058
As a cardgame fag let me take a stab at it
>Type of game with some inherent RNG already goes full force with it
>These RNG cards are so strong WHEN THEY WORK that you have to run them
>Devs treat the game like a paper TCG not an online CCG, let decks destroy the meta for 5-6 months
>Have very backwards policies on balancing cards "wanting to keep the identity"
>Balance feels like a secondary concern
>Standard was not planned from the start so classic sets the power level very high
>Refusal to listen to the community and tricky for non streamers to enter the pro scene
>Lack of a good way to host games with casters in 2017
>Being tied to a mobile version means the game will never have any really advanced capabilities like a CCG can
>Devs admit to playing favorites with classes instead of just trying to make them all equal power level

Now for the good things
>Made the best combat system of any CCG
>High quality animation and VAs
>Clicking the board is cool

Unfortunately a cool combat system can't save a game so infested with RNG something that even TCG players hate in games like MTG and yugioh
>>
>>379582647
>best combat system of any ccg
>attacker decides everything
>>
>>379582647
To add to the good things, not only does it have high quality animation and VA, it also has the best presentation out of all the virtual card games bar none. Every piece of relevant information is clearly represented at a glance and all the non-essentials are hidden away by on hover effects. The UI is brilliant, any retard that hasn't ever seen or heard of a card game can pick it up in a minute. Everything about the UI blends together so well and no area of the screen is too dense with information.
I think this is the biggest reason behind hearthstone's success.
>>
>>379582754
which is good, the problem is your opponent can't respond with a spell.
as much as I like MTG the blockers mechanic is shit and can cause some games to drag on especially in limited/draft formats
>>
>>379577058
Snowbally gameplay, sets are filled whit shitty useless cards to make you buy more packs, seasonal rewards are a joke.
>>
>>379583041
>which is good
it's not good, it's the reason why the entire game is just a never ending struggle for board control
>>
>>379578864
I had much more fun with f2p hearthstone than overwatch. Played tf2 and paladin's too and had fun but something about overwatch didn't click for me
>>
The worst thing is that deck essentials are tied behind epics/legendaries with a shitty drop rate
They also love to create awful garbage memecards that serve no purpose but are at epic rarity so it fucks up the draw rate
The game also struggles to even give you a copy of every common with a
>50 pack preorder
>>
>He's not playing Wild
>>
>>379585707
>he names his game something impossible to google
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.