[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come no other 3D Mario has controls on par with this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: SI_N64_SuperMario64.jpg (99KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
SI_N64_SuperMario64.jpg
99KB, 1000x500px
How come no other 3D Mario has controls on par with this?
>>
>>379576370
Mario sunshine does, but hides it with the Fludd.
>>
>>379576434
Sunshine's controls are extremely stiff. It feels like the analog stick is emulating a d-pad.
>>
Sunshine.
Even fluddless.

>>379576493
That is because GC stick is not as accurate as the N64 stick.
>>
>>379576370
Sunshine's was great, but its not as satisfying as 64 for me. Galaxy's handling is offensively boring though. Only reason why I finished it is because it had some truly interesting levels. Can't go back to it now that I've already seen it all though. Nintendo better not fuck up Odyssey.
>>
>>379576370
They tweaked the controls until the very end of development because they needed them to be perfect to launch the series in 3D. Now they don't care.
>>
>>379576370
They got better.
>>
>>379576434
no it doesnt. physics are off
no long jump
no kicking
>>
>>379576370
honestly I never got this mentality, the controls in SM64 are good but not that good - the camera, for example, is atrocious (not that other games from the time were any better, but still), and a lot of hitboxes were way off.
>>
File: moves3.jpg (3MB, 3500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
moves3.jpg
3MB, 3500x2500px
>>379577341
no.
theyve been steadily going downhill since 64
>>
>>379577518
Sunshine has diving too, not sure why it was removed in this image.
>>
>>379577682
it's a retarded bait image that includes the wingcap and the amazing ability to throw things, but discounts any powerups and many basic abilities from other games.
>>
>>379577390
the camera is fine when you realize it works like a second stick if you keep pressing the C direction button you want the camera to go
>>
>>379578079
no, the camera is horrible in that game. It has this weird motion to it where it sorta locks to a certain angles and can't be adjusted fluently. It's obviously just a product of it's time but that doesn't make it any less shit.
>>
>the camera is controls

I hate 2000s kids
>>
>>379578203
Like I just said, if you keep tapping C-Left the camera will fluidly move left. The camera "whooom" sound will only go off once and there will be no jerky camera movement. Just keep tapping the button. Yes it's not quite as elegant as a second analog stick but it works fine with a little adjustment from you
>>
>>379577368
You could dash and jump install after for a long jump, plus it went further. Look up a speed run for sunshine.
>>
>>379578543
Also the must useful camera config is direct behind Mario and zoomed out. Press R to get the camera behind Mario and then press C-Down to zoom out. This will try and keep the camera directly behind Mario.
>>
>>379578543
that actually works? thanks for the protip
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.