[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one of these is better than the others?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: ESO-Jan15-1.jpg (26KB, 281x350px) Image search: [Google]
ESO-Jan15-1.jpg
26KB, 281x350px
Which one of these is better than the others?
>>
Dps

Time is money
>>
>>379572361
normally,

early game: dps
mid game: tanks
end game: healers
>>
>>379572361
none Tank and Healer are a shit gameplay design.
>>
>>379572361
I think if they made it where every class can support on its own would be a better system. Like how DH in wow get a heal orb after killing a mob and a way to escape if they need to if things get to rough.
I also liked how tanking worked in dragon age 3. more threat you had the more armor you get.
>>
>>379572361
Teamplay. I rarely seen one.
>>
>>379572361
If you are good enough you don't need to be tank, you just Dodge the hits, if you don't take hits you don't need heal so DPS is better
>>
>>379572652
>every class can do everything

Have we forgotten Guild Wars 2 exists, and how terrible it was already?
>>
All 3 are equally important
>>
>>379572361
dps, it's more fun
>>
>>379573072
that's called being an evasion tank
you're still fulfilling the role of a tank, you're just doing it by evading a percentage of hits
there are a few games out there that did this (i.e. Anarchy Online)
>>
>>379573147
The DPS isn't important.
Tank + Healer are already enough. It will just take longer with only the low damage from the tank.
>>
>>379573241
Not evasion dude, you manually dodge things
>>
>>379573265
most games have mechanics where if the boss isn't killed fast enough no amount of healing or tankyness will save you
>>
>>379573121
guild wars two was terrible because every class could do everything AT THE SAME TIME
if you have to build for healing or debuffing or tanking then it works
Elder Scrolls Online does this
it works pretty well, but the game has other issues
>>
>>379572361
Uninstall wizard

The holy trinity isn't very fun design. It makes roles a chore
>>
>>379573328
Go manually dodge things in jrpg. Or in civilisation. Or in dnd crpg.
>>
>>379573476
>Go manually dodge things in jrpg
I recently played the Ys series and could dodge things just fine. It sounds like you need to get good.
>>
>>379573241
>playing fixer
>being sonic the hedgehog and doing like 5 billion damage

TAKE ME BACK
TAKE ME FUCKIN BACK RIGHT FUCKIN NOW
>>
>>379573458
>if you have to build for healing or debuffing or tanking then it works
I mean, what's the difference between just having classes that fall into those roles at that point? You're still essentially operating within the Holy Trinity.
>>
Tank and heal are both just different types of support classes. They support the dps in killing the boss.
>>
Once again EVE Online is the clear winner.

Wanna tank? Get a ship for it. Wanna heal? Get a ship for it. Wanna dps? Get a ship for it. Oh wait, this game also has dedicated scouts, kiters, and any class you want to make up based on how you want to run your doctrine for your fleet or yourself.
>>
>>379573458
but that's exactly how it is in gw2
if you're wearing dps gear and using dps spells, there is no way you can tank or support
>>
>>379573801
it doesn't work in gw2 because ALL damage could be avoided, meaning there was no reason for tanks or healers to exist at all, meaning everyone just played dps and everyone in PVE was just a minmaxxed glass cannon, and the only utility they would have, if any would increase the dps of their allies
>>
>>379572361
As it has been mentioned they're all designed to be complimentary of each other. Without the tank, healer and Dps die, without dps tank and healer get outdamaged and probably die, without healer you're up piss river without an oar
>>
>no DPS
Game goes on forever wasting everyones precious time

>no tank
Everyone dies

>no healer
Everyone dies

Most times DPS is worth the least because you can have more of them which makes each individual worth less but at the end of the day you still need all of them
>>
>>379573787
too bad it's a dying and dated spreadsheet simulator

real shame
>>
>>379576489
>dying

At its current rate it would take a decade to lose all its players

>spreadsheet sim

Haven't used a spreadsheet since I got the game. Are you sure you aren't thinking of Hearthstone or Battlefield 1? I've used spreadsheets for those games.
>>
>>379576130
>no DPS
>Boss enrages
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.