[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Balance nazis are killing gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8161.jpg (25KB, 344x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8161.jpg
25KB, 344x427px
People who want every single class build and style to play exactly the same and leave no room for people to gain an advantage via good choices are the biggest faggots in gaming

The best games are games that are unbalanced because it leaves you room to expirement and create shit that low iq faggots can't

Case in point runescape where even a single level in a bad skill can completely rekt your account in pvp
>>
wow that was a terrible post

well done
>>
>>379571714
The best kind of balance is where everything is broken. Race to the top, not race to the bottom.
>>
I agree OP.

But I would say this extends to things like map design, too.

Look at some of the maps from Starcraft Brood War, for example - asymmetrical, interesting, and many different ways to approach enemies. Compare that to Starcraft 2 maps - symmetrical and more balanced, I guess, but boring in comparison, and leaves a lot less to explore in terms of play-style and trying new, interesting strategies.
>>
>>379572313
The funny thing here is that BW maps are intentionally designed to alter gameplay, in hopes of being balanced. SC2 maps are designed by hitting a number of specific check marks and having a theme.

So really, the interesting maps come from an intent to balance, while the uninteresting maps are formulaic in an attempt to maintain an outside balance.
>>
>>379572313
thats because BW was fundamentally well balanced game

sc2 isnt
>>
I like that bit of unbalance in singleplayer games, good that you post that pic, Skyrim is a good example, where I imagine most players would just go for a warrior build and just deal with the damage ceiling that you'll reach sooner or later, which you can overcome without mods just by experimenting with alchemy and enchantments, up to the point where you can enchant things to make your alchemy better, and mix alchemic ingredients that make your enchantments better and you reach a point where you are literally transcend beyond the original balance of the game's sandbox and create your own overpowered shit
>>
>>379572115
>Wahhh i wanna be able to make a shitty build with no prior thought and still be just as strong as everyone else
>>
>>379572538
This so much. Every single game I play that has levels I'm trying to attempt this. It's a skill I learned from making pures on runescape. I want the most op account while still being on the lowest level possible
>>
>>379573327
I wonder what kind of fucking dense imbecile could believe that an unbalanced game is more complex than a balanced one

I seriously can't imagine how you can eat by yourself while holding this belief. Please fucking gas yourself fucking animal
>>
>>379573702
Found the communist
>>
File: 42948.png (90KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
42948.png
90KB, 800x600px
>>379573750
sure thing faggot
>>
Builds are cancer. Classes are cancer. That goes for both your pretend RPGs and other genres. You can't possibly be older than 16.
>>
>>379573790
If you can't recognise the importance of imbalance and the importance of rewarding innovation you aren't a true capitalist

Go back to redddit commie scum. I'd rek you on runescape
>>
>>379573941
>If you can't recognise the importance of imbalance and the importance of rewarding innovation you aren't a true capitalist

what the fuck is that comparison

god i hope you hang yourself
>>
>>379574296
Sorry i didn't realise I was talking to 14 year old. Keep it moving kid
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.