[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there seriously any good MMORPGs out there?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: ZxrgmsR.png (460KB, 513x336px) Image search: [Google]
ZxrgmsR.png
460KB, 513x336px
>MMO Fag
Yes, I know, get it out of your systems.

>Played WoW until they introduced Auto-Mute
>Played Runescape until they became Political
>Played Guild Wars 2 until it got a bit repetitive
>Played Requiem Momento Mori until the Playerbase died
>Played Perfect World until it became general shit
>Played Aion for about 5 mins but the gameplay was cringy
>Played Allods but it had too much resemblance to other MMO games

I'm kinda at a loss. I mean, I was thinking about getting back into runescape until they introduced the pride event, and Blizzard has gone full SJW now.

I like character development, I like character customization, and I like getting into character (Roleplaying).

Is there anything out there at all that kinda fits this puzzle?

>You have no life

You're right, I don't. I can't afford one.
Why do you think most of these games are free to play?
>>
Screeps is okay if you can get past the learning curve
>>
>>379566795
That seems interesting, I'll have to give it a look, but like I said, i'm a poorfag. I'll find a way to get it eventually I suppose.
>>
>>379566570
I would say just do Runescape if you have a serious love for MMOs. It's the best one out there in the sea of stale, dead, and bad MMOs. I don't think anyone is making an MMO to get hype for anytime soon. Just play RS and keep an eye out for the next best MMO which may be years from now.
>>
>>379567402

Runescape has always been shit man FFXIV and even ESO blow it out of the water. It's only redeemable feature is questing but everything else is terrible from the grind, PVE, community etc.
>>
File: gw2-logo.a9bed23d.jpg (19KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
gw2-logo.a9bed23d.jpg
19KB, 290x200px
Don't mind me, just trying to spawn /gw2g/'s spambot in this thread
>>
>>379566570
>pride event
?

The only particularly political thing about RuneScape is the God Politics, which are interesting but got a bit stale when they were the only quests you got for months and years, though THANKFULLY we've started getting past that point, at least for now. Hell they've come right out and said that people were starting to burn out on the whole gods stuff and wanted some more normal-ish adventuring goodness.

>>379567671
>but everything else is terrible from the grind
They hand out bonus experience and large chunks of free xp like candy now because there's so many skills. All of the latest content has been best-in-game xp after best-in-game xp, and between divination pocket slot items, potions, invention, and the Seren Spells/Prayers, it's only eased up even further.

>PVE
But anon, it's not click and wait anymore. They went over to a keyboard roll style a few years back that scared some players off, but later on stuck on a half-way system called Revolution that automatically uses basic abilities in order of cooldown and placement on your hotbar, while thresholds and ultimates remain player-controlled (meaning the click-and-wait aspect has greater variety and customizability, and there's the option of further input for a boost of power or special effect). Higher level enemies have also gotten more complex over time, as have bosses.

>community
Public chat's always as good/bad as it's always been. Clans offer some more consistent quality of chat.

There's also that other MMOs generally don't put nearly as much effort, content, and depth into non-combat skills.
>>
runescape is trash

worst progressive xp curve of any game

those retards think clicking on trees for many many hours is "skill"
>>
>>379566570
They're all shit without exception.
The sooner you get used to singleplayer games the sooner you'll have more fun.
>>
>>379568724
It's a character skill, not an actual player skill. Why would anyone even think that?

That said yes there is an element of skill, or at least game familiarity and understanding, that can be found in order to maximize experience output and minimize experience loss. For instance:

>doing enough quests and accumulating enough cash to unlock seren spells/prayers
>acquiring a bunch of high prayer bonus gear
>grabbing a reverence aura
>stuffing a holy wrench in your inventory
>stocking up on super prayer renewal potions
>spending hours grinding harmonic dust to upgrade your dragon hatchet to a crystal hatchet
>slapping an Augmentor on that with Honed 5 on the first gizmo (2% per rank chance of success gathering a resource), and Refined 2 (5% per rank chance to not deplete resource any time it would otherwise be depleted) + Rapid 3 (5% per rank chance to speed up the in-game action by a game tick, resulting in more gathering attempts overall in a shorter amount of time)
>gathering Fire Runes, Water Runes, Chaos Runes and Soul Runes
>Turning on Light Form
>Casting Crystallize on the tree, causing it to, for 30 seconds, yield no resources, but offer 50% more experience per "gathering" (87.5% more xp with Light Form active) with no chance to actually chop it down while active
>gain Invention experience due to using the augmentor on the hatchet and using an equipment siphon on it to extract said experience siphoning when it reaches level 9 or 12 depending on how many materials you've got to make more
>gain magic experience due to casting a spell every 30s
>gain massively boosted woodcutting experience with no need to head off to the bank

Of course if you actually want the resources though you could make a bunch of Signs of the Porter with divine energy and jewelry that will make it so that anything you gather is automatically transported to your bank as you gather it. Unless you have high enough summoning where you could just dump it all on your pak yak.
>>
File: spider.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
spider.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>379566570
>>379568551
>>379569634
Runescape sucks ass, go play FFXIV.
Here's the /v/ thread to get you started: >>379561141
>>
>>379569796
Do tell, what is there to do in FFXIV that isn't combat?
>>
>>379569887
Not him, but there's the crafting system, it's pretty good. Can go around gathering and fishing as well. And if you're autismal you can probably find some erp sluttitude.
>>
Hi thegy :3
>>
>>379570073
But is it something you level up, and that expands with more resources and things to make as you do, or is it just a way of plugging into making better combat gear?
>>
>>379569634
kill yourself
>>
i just want an MMO where i could talk to girls(guys) and just chill
>>
>>379570213
Different anon but its not what you are looking for, its not sandbox-y systems its just the standard useless crafting and fishing that is stapled onto themepark mmos.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496643728496.jpg (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496643728496.jpg
17KB, 500x500px
SHOW ME AN MMO ON PS4 NOW
>>
>>379570328
u could try secondlife...
>>
i got back into tree of savior. its alright, leveling used to be ultra grindy but now you can get to max lvl in like 2 weeks or far less if you already have a high lvl char, they also send a lot of compensations when they have server issue. the game very linear in terms of quests and combat but there is a lot to do and the graphic style is pretty neat.
in terms of p2w i havent seen anything, but pvp is fairly dead so it doesnt even matter.
>>
>>379570520
FF14
>>
>>379570328
That's called omegle.

>>379570347
I've always kind of wanted an MMO that would treat non-combat sort of like combat. Like the world would constantly be in motion and you'd have to use multiple abilities related to whatever skill you're doing to successfully extract a resource, or maximize resource output, before the opportunity is lost or you fuck it up.

Runescape isn't that, sadly, but it's one of the few MMOs and games in general that have put a significant amount of effort into (relative) non-combat skill depth.

I mean they've been working on an overhaul for mining and smithing to make them more relevant after years of power creep in terms of what combat drops could offer as well as make them slightly less grindy or more enjoyable/rewarding overall, something you don't see everyday, especially in older MMOs.
>>
>>379569634
Dude all the benefits in Runescape were just to max faster if possible. It sucks ass glad I dropped that game, sad I dropped it max stats,
>>
>>379570541
eh i don't know. me and my online friend actually used to go on there and fuck around with this girl he liked. it was pretty weird shit tho. dont know if i could download that again

>>379570596
>That's called omegle.
yeah no. besides that shit is full of massive spammy garbage
>>
>>379570572
BESIDES PAY TO PLAY
>>
>>379570701
THEN FUCKING SAY THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE, YOU CUM GUZZLING CUNTMUFFIN
>>
>>379570741
SORRY BRO MAN DUDE PAL I'M LYING IN BED HALF ASLEEP BUT STILL SCREAMING
>>
>>379570701
ESO is B2P
Warframe is F2P
>>
>>379570973
Is Warframe considered an MMORPG? I feel like it's more like a first-person shooter ARPG.
>>
>>379571182
>Warframe
>First person
You sure you thinking about the right game m8?
>>
>>379571314
I don't know why I automatically call any shooter of any kind a first person shooter. I know it's third person but I say it anyways.
>>
>>379570213
It is something you level up and get more skills for, similar to combat without the timing. It's pretty well made, though I'm not into crafting myself. You can make furniture and all kinds of shit with it, so it's more than just making combat gear.
Give it a try.
>>
>>379571390
I mean Destiny exists that is a first person ARPG/MMO practically so maybe you mixed those up.
>>
>>379571574
No, I just mixed up my wording.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.