[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the memes are long dead but is the community still alive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

So the memes are long dead but is the community still alive? Is tf2 still relevant?
>>
File: that ass.png (594KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
that ass.png
594KB, 800x600px
TF2 is still played by many.

Honestly if you dont mind the cosmetics the game play is still fun, hell still my favorite multiplayer shooter.

However the only problem is if you play on valve casual matchmaking servers.

Some faggots like to claim they are "friendly" and just go heavy, often with the holiday punch which holding a sandvich and do nothing but crouch walk around the server wasting a player slot.

What I do is go spy and disguise as this heavy and crouch around like him near the enemy team so that when they ignore me I get lots of backstabs thus making the enemy kill both me and the friendly.
>>
>>379562224
Despite Valve trying to smother it to death with garbage updates it has a relatively consistent player base
>>
Guessing this is following the last thread.

>379561665
The answer is no, it wouldnt have been funny. My idea for Meet the Pyro wasnt funny because the video would be funny. Its funny in context.

I thought so, anyways.

>>379562224
Why don't you go play it and find out? The answer is yes.
>>
>>379562430
people always did dumb shit, tryhards and shitters make up the ecosystem of a TF2 server
>>
>>379562224
I'm giving it one more shot to see if the Pyro update actually adds anything meaningful and fixes the broke-as-fuck balance. If it doesn't I'm abandoning it. It won't be relevant if this next update is a dud.
>>
>>379562224
The community is alive but it's been zombified several times over. It's a shadow of a shadow of it's former self.
>>
>>379562569

Thats every game, really.

>>379562691

What are they changing? I noticed last time I jumped in it seemed the the swap speed with the degreaser and axtinguisher was a lot slower. Dont know if thats faulty memory or what.
>>
File: Playerstandard.jpg (19KB, 624x384px) Image search: [Google]
Playerstandard.jpg
19KB, 624x384px
>>379562569
And I always foil their attempts for I am X THE ELIMINATOR
>>
>>379562892
Pyro won a contest for a weapon pack like 7 months ago and we still haven't heard anything since.

I am also doing what>>379562691 said
>>
It's still the same great game it has always been . People who didn't like certain updades get their panties in a bunch and claim it's "dead".
>>
>>379562224
I would like that alot of the alternative weapons became useful, some times stock is always better.

pyro update supposdly will try to be the best thing in the universe...

But will they be more generous?
at least give the alternative weapons for free, and let the millions of bucks get in by hats, while players can enjoy the gameplay.
>>
>>379562702

lol blizzard
>>
>>379563071
That was 11 months ago

still pissed the pyro won, heavy deserves it more being a actually great character
>>
The real question is does anybody know any good, active TF2 servers?

I used to play at trashed gamers and pizzeria pub but that was like a million years ago.
>>
>>379563304
Shit, where'd the time go?

And I agree, heavy deserves an update, but pyro's been all sorts of fucked up balance-wise for awhile now.

Volvo claims Heavy will eventually get an update afterwards, but that could be decades from now.
>>
>>379563623
Honestly I thought pyro was fine when he had the axtinguisher crit combo, even with the powerjack he still took like 20% extra damage.
>>
File: big_1435878619_image.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1435878619_image.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>379563778

>everyone shitting on pyro for being shit and useless
>degreasing+axtinguishing entire teams
>OPOPO REEE W+M1 TRASH

>mfw
>>
File: 1394494519582.gif (976KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1394494519582.gif
976KB, 250x250px
>bringing up tf2
>making me remember the good times
>making me remember CSS
>making me remember 1.6
>making me remember all those clanmates who havent logged on in 4 years
>>
>>379562224
gameplay is good but I can no longer handle its stupid goofiness.
>>
>>379562224

It's still great.

Just avoid casual matchmaking. The average match will consist of 2 teams consisting of clueless shitters that have never played a fps game. Ridiculously easy to pubstomp.
>>
>>379564393

what are some good community servers?
>>
>>379564494

NoHeroes is overall solid, but I think it's hard nowadays for the servers to fill. (Haven't played there in a while).

Skial is pretty varied. Outside of 2fort, the games can actually be pretty good, but it fluctuates in quality all the time.
>>
no, only traders and little kids who cant afford overwatch play it. not to meantion NOT the regular game but the shitty modded versions are playedo nly
>>
File: 1463255033827.png (18KB, 498x520px) Image search: [Google]
1463255033827.png
18KB, 498x520px
If TF2 was pitched this year I would have no doubt that it would steal the show at E3 and become even more wildly successful than it already is.

Keep in mind this game was released a fucking decade ago. What has the industry been doing all this time?
>>
>>379564760
NoHeroes was pretty good, I ended up doing a UGC season with some friends I made on one of the servers.

The best community server I remember playing on was Scotty's Pub. Music plugins, good map votes, class limits, it was great. Unfortunately it got turned into a 24/7 Dustbowl server sometime in 2011.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.