[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Our thoughts on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (142KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 1366x768px
Our thoughts on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
>>
It's good.
>>
File: RNGTA3CLAUDE.png (77KB, 339x367px) Image search: [Google]
RNGTA3CLAUDE.png
77KB, 339x367px
It wasn't as good as Grand Theft Auto III
>>
It's bad.
>>
I NEVER ASKED YOUR SISTER OUT
>>
>>379554551
Too dated for me to play. :/
>>
>>379554551
Best Main Character and Sidekick/Villain
>>
File: degen1.jpg (16KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
degen1.jpg
16KB, 300x350px
>>379555009
good b8, the PC version is extremely crisp and actually fairly good looking right off the bat, if you use AA and turn off the Frame limiter it's beautiful. The colors and car/building designs are top tier, and the gameplay holds up today. Literally the only drawbacks are the "Welcome To Vice City!" Screens and the map size, which even then is bearable because the road layout makes it feel larger. The Atmosphere alone makes it worth at least a playthrough.
>>
It's my favorite GTA game that isn't GTAV/Online.

Part of it is nostalgia, but another part is that the sandbox nature of the game is preserved in the missions as well. I always disliked how in the GTA games that came out after Vice City most if not all missions felt more linear for the sake of feeling cinematic.

III also leaves room to improvise in quite a few of its missions as well, but there are little things in that game's mechanics that haven't aged as well (no big map, potentially missing missions, unintentionally making the game tougher if you do certain side missions too early, etc.)
>>
>>379555354
too bad a bunch of shit is dependent on the frame limiter
>>
File: gta-vc 2017-03-08 23-32-07-03.png (1MB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
gta-vc 2017-03-08 23-32-07-03.png
1MB, 1364x768px
>>
>>379554551
Aged like milk
>>
File: 740.jpg (40KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
740.jpg
40KB, 680x680px
>>379556248
In what respect? Literally only the graphics are terribly dated. The story is nice, it manages to be engaging and fun without becoming too over the top or tedious, has a plot twist that's not hot garbage, and has some of the best characters in any GTA to date. Tommy is one of the most likable and interesting protagonists in the franchise, Kent Paul, Avery, Rosenberg, Lance and Sonny were all extremely well written and great too. The Gameplay is fine throughout most of the game- save for the Helicopter missions and certain assets, the controls are good too- The Arcadey Driving fits perfectly with the road arrangements and map size in general.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.