[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I remember when people were saying their only reason to live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 2886484-tlg_e315_07.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2886484-tlg_e315_07.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I remember when people were saying their only reason to live was this game? I never played Ico or SotC, and don't plan on playing this. But, did it even live up to the hype?
>>
Nope, it was trash just like the other two games.
>>
>>379554235
Well from what I've seen there was shitposting about it and many complaints about the ai, frame rate, and how the kid controlled. However, I also read that some people enjoyed it for what it was and were able to actually play the game.
>>
>>379554235
I bet half the people who were hyped about this game don't even know it released already. And its been y months since it came out
>>
It definitely did for me. I'm so glad it finally came out, it was like the end of an era. I doubt well ever see another AAA puzzle platformer with this much love put into it.
>>
File: 1408752840340s.jpg (2KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
1408752840340s.jpg
2KB, 104x125px
You either had the AI dogbirdcat listen to your commands and it felt like a living animal... or the AI bugged out on you and you had a bad time.

>tfw you got lucky with the AI and cried at the end of this beautiful game
>>
It was OK, but basically it was ICO with a giant dog and the devs apparently tried to make Trico 'organic' in its responsiveness but then went overboard and just gave Sonybros their own Hey You Pikachu! The problem is that they give you a giant companion to play with and the entire game in terms of player space takes place in a box which made controlling the camera and directing the thing a burden.
>>
>>379554235
Yeah, it was pretty good. My favorite PS4 exclusive actually. I take /v/'s opinion on this game with a 10 ton boulder of salt because everyone here is probably too young to even remember video games before the 360.
>>
>>379554798

Me too, it's kinda surreal seeing Trico move in-game as my cat was doing similar stuff near me. It was very life-like, in my experience.

It was also the only game that made me cry like a baby and hug my pet at the end. I rarely cry while playing games, but Last Guardian absolutely destroyed me.

Very beautiful.
>>
File: tlg.webm (1MB, 600x326px) Image search: [Google]
tlg.webm
1MB, 600x326px
From what I saw, it's frustrating to play, but is a nice experience otherwise.
>>
Talked about for two weeks, a month tops at release and then very, very sparse discussion since. Meanwhile games from a decade ago have weekly threads, and games from five years ago get daily threads.

Can't even make the excuse like it's on the wii u so of course no one talks about it. Shit, Bloodbourne still has threads. I'd say it was underwhelming.
>>
>>379555382
It's kind of inevitable for it being underwhelming. it's much like ICO and most people don't care or even know about ICO as appose to Shadow of the Colossus.
>>
>>379555382
/v/ makes it impossible to discuss. They literally saw YTers like dunkey say 3 negative words and /v/ parrots them to kill threads. Fun fact, until dunkey said TLOU was a ladder placing simulator, /v/ never used this very specific insult.
>>
>>379554235
The previous two games were much better.

TLG was a disappointment gameplay wise, it wasn't finished, and it was a VERY bad port from the PS3 version.
>>
>>379554235
Lol no. The game isn't fun to play and the puzzles are just jump on dog and wait until he jumps to where you need to go.

Ico and SOTC are still all time greats tho
>>
The amount of time TLG was delayed actually hurt it in the end. Hopefully the next game Ueda works on won't get delayed for two generations again.
>>
Yep. Then again I didn't know anything about the game aside from Trico and the boy.
The only true downside is the framerate in some areas. Can be pretty scary.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.