[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

What went wrong?
>>
>>379544596
nothing its actually really fun. i play the multiplayer all the time
>>
File: Gary_Carmine.png (1MB, 908x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Gary_Carmine.png
1MB, 908x1024px
Mainly just a lack of good new enemies. But speaking in context it is about as good of a follow up to Gears3 as I could have hoped for. I just hope they hold true to their promise that Gears 4 is the "getting to understand the series" game and Gears 5 is their innovation game. Also G. Carmine is a great design.
>>
>>379544596
The first two acts of the campaign are pretty bad. Robots just aren't varied enough to fight -- which is one of the reasons why I just can't play Horde. Act 3 and 4, plus the first half of 5 are classic Gears through and through and near the end of 5 is batshit silly.

Multiplayer balancing is fine right now. Gnasher is still kind of wonky 12 years running but otherwise unless you're one of those cosmetic autists theres nothing to be upset about.

Horde is weird. I'm not /big/ on it, but I get that a lot of people don't like the skill system and the wave variety is simply boring.

Gears 4's biggest flaw is the lack of enemy variety. Swarm needs more animal-like creatures that aren't just the Pouncer/Carrier.
>>
New protags feel bland
Nothing really happens plotwise
QTE final boss
Horde lacks the amount of variety previous games had but you can let this one slide considering it's all enemies introduced here where the other games had more games to build on
100+GB install on W10

Nothing major went wrong, but Gears just isn't the juggernaut it used to be
>>
>>379544596
>we want the Scrubs crowd who like JD and Turk
>we want the Judgment crowd
>we want the Tower Defense crowd
>we want the current generation of kids who like bad jokes and puns.

Loved and played all three of the originals and played the HD version of 1, thought Judgment was kind of alright, but I didn't really like this one. I don't know why. But the greentext is just what comes to mind just from thinking about it.

The robots were fucking boring and you fight them for too long. The designs of the new Locust are kinda bland and fighting the dog things and the snatchers is a pain, even though it's better than just fighting normal locust.
Also the bossfight/s was shit, and the anime mech thing was too much, trying to be the Brumak controlled part in GoW2 except not as cool.
At least the girl character wasn't hate-able and the twist at the end was somewhat interesting.
>>
>>379545647
Kait actually has a genuine plotline to follow now while JD/Del feel like garbage cans in character. Like a low-rent Cole/Baird. I feel that they can do really well on Kait's character in a sequel.

Would rather have Oscar/Gary/Kait/Del as the Gears 5 leads over JD.
>>
File: JD & Del.jpg (17KB, 479x359px) Image search: [Google]
JD & Del.jpg
17KB, 479x359px
>>379545880
Also forgot to mention that Marcus was probably the best part of the story and that he somehow managed to have a child and was the dad I always thought he'd be.
Actually was relived when he came out of this alive.
>>
File: kait.jpg (8KB, 468x263px) Image search: [Google]
kait.jpg
8KB, 468x263px
I seriously Hope Kait is the main character in Gears 5. Kait was surprisingly interesting and cute while JD reminded me of a CW network character from Arrow.
>>
>>379545916
Yeah JD and Del were quipmasters, but not the 80's action hero kind like Marcus was, the new capeshit kind. Kait and Oscar were the standout characters.

I think it was IGN who compared the game to The Force Awakens, and although they meant it positively, that's still spot on. 4 doesn't try to rename the first game best for best but it does play it too safe. I don't exactly blame The Coalition for that though, I'm sure they didn't want to have another Halo 4 and 5 on their hands by changing too much.
>>
>>379545553
What happened to Clay
>>
>>379546352
As a massive Halo fan, I didn't find 4 way to different, but 5 retconned a lot of designs and weapons.
Honestly they all look nice, but there's not much resembling Halo's original designs in there other than the Chief and possibly the Sniper Rifle.
>>
>>379545647
Game now 90 gb since the update. The game was optimized superbly so I really cant fault them on the PC front anymore
>>
>>379545587
This is really hopeful for me, the first campaign act was a fucking chore and I almost didn't want to finish it. I'll wait a bit to see if the pc version ever gets hdr before grinding the rest out
>>
>>379545553
>Gary Carmine
wait is he supposed to be a second gen carmine? what the fuck happened with D carmine dammit
never played 4 or judgment
>>
Everything went wrong.

Gears 5 gonna be a piece of shit and it's still gonna be developed by the worst studio I've seen in recent years.
>>
It's better than Judgement but worse than the original trilogy. It honestly just felt like a prequel to 5 rather than it's own game
>>
>>379544596

Other than missing weapons, taking too long to get lootcrates, not much really.

I'm glad they embraced crossplay between consoles and pc too instead of being spooked by worries of a skill gap.
>>
File: 1496790616146.jpg (25KB, 492x683px) Image search: [Google]
1496790616146.jpg
25KB, 492x683px
>>379547689
D Carmine hasn't happened yet, Probably one of the brothers

Fredo, F, was a cousin to the brothers
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.