[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>these levels Holy cocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: thievingman.jpg (91KB, 800x696px) Image search: [Google]
thievingman.jpg
91KB, 800x696px
>these levels
Holy cocks
>>
>>379540601
You gotta make Thief threads in the dead of night, otherwise they don't float.

But here's your mutual respect bump cause it's a good game.
>>
>>379540601
He's right. >>379542530
Down in the Bonehoard is the greatest level in the game.
>>
>>379543878
>Down in the Bonehoard
>good
Huh? Dumb zombie shit is the worst part of any Thief game. They only redeeming part of this level is that on easy you can beat it under 5 minutes. Horn guiding you is a neat thing too
>>
>>379545680
>>379545680
It's a casual filter, you hate it at first but it grows on you, except that fucking fire guy. The only level that really blows is trail of blood imo -- great storyline portion of the game but literally no where to hide well. The level right after the plot twist also can suck big fat dicks, too many things coming around blind corners.
>>
Did you think those ancient phrases were mere words, manfool?
>>
Are there actually games with comparable degree of architecture and complexity?

Imagine if MGS5 adopted this kind of level design philosophy instead of two huts in the middle of a desert
>>
>>379547591
Thief 2. and uh...try out some of the player made campaigns, some are incredibly well done.
>>
>>379547591
Nah, the game industry is all about graphics.
>>
>>379547591
I hope you know that different difficulties give you different objectives -- which sometimes opens up areas to explore that were closed previously.
>>
Great now I feel like replaying...
>>
File: garrett.jpg (68KB, 450x306px) Image search: [Google]
garrett.jpg
68KB, 450x306px
Since I'm in here, I might as well pick up something for myself.
>>
File: 1353888416589.png (383KB, 632x322px) Image search: [Google]
1353888416589.png
383KB, 632x322px
>tfw i have never played this game

strange since im an oldfag who plays primarily on PC.

it's like i have shit taste or something.
>>
Thief is the first game where I had to take a break because of how overwhelming the levels felt.
>>
>>379548302
You should, Anon. It is an adventure.
>>
I beat thief yesterday and will likely beat thief 2 in the next couple days. Where do I go from there? What are the best fan levels?
>>
>>379545906
You can actually hide in trail of blood, you just have to know how.
>>
File: T2_KarportS.gif (40KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
T2_KarportS.gif
40KB, 256x256px
What hast thou... built, Garrett? When the time comes to review thy life, with the Master Builder afore thee, and the question is asked: what hast thou built, what will thee say, poor Garrett? For thou art a man of... destruction, not construction. Tis the biggest sin of all. Build thyself today a good house, that would please Him much!
>>
>>379549172
Try 3
>>
>>379549000
Trips of truth
>>
Is there a patch for the cutscenes not working in gold?
>>
>>379549265
I liked the journal where one of the servant basically asks Karros why doesn't he just use humans instead of machines for simple tasks and it actually got to him. I like seeing these things with a villain, where they have faults and its not just a typical bad guy. However it would be nice to learn more about his figure. Supposedly Thief 2 Gold would have a level where you would go to an old battered hammer temple and learn about Karros.
>>
>>379549856
>>379549265
Karras had a hard life, easily my favourite vidya """villian"""
>>
>>379550662
Really? I felt like you don't learn anything about him. And his motives aren't really shown. Why the hell does he decide to replace humans with machines? He's just a crazy man.
>>
File: BOW UPGRADE.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BOW UPGRADE.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
I always thought this part of the game was kind of weird, am I the only one?
>>
>>379549632
I never got them working as such when I replayed it years ago, so I just re-encoded them in something that plays on modern systems. But there might be another way. Still, in case you don't find it, here are the recodes:

Thief: Gold
https://mega.nz/#!bUUlERrQ!OYyUlISA4m33vHwbKziefQPSK6iXCemjSE8jxZ6Klyc

Thief 2
https://mega.nz/#!aRsDgKKb!dAj6QawrZTelxW_6nq_r8fKMmLOdb1WpwRK0p2zi7Eg
>>
>play Thief
>can't differentiate between the floor and the ceiling
Antique graphics were a mistake.
>>
>>379553812
PS. these files are meant to replace the originals so they play in-game (worked for me) not just to watch them outside, in case that wasn't obvious from this post.
>>
Word to the wise, if you do play this on a newer system, you should save very often.

I hear the old thief games like to crash on you if you use some sorta hd mod/pack.
>>
>>379553908

One of below you, one is above you.
>>
>>379547591
>Are there actually games with comparable degree of architecture and complexity?
The original Deus Ex, Doom 1/2, and Quake.
>>
I don't get it. I just found it really fucking boring. I played it like 3 hours and gave it a decent chance.
>>
>>379549856
I really wish we could have gotten Thief 2 Gold before LGS went under.
>>379550662
Karras was just a nutjob.
>>
What did Karras mean by this?
>>
>fell for the "play on the hardest difficulty first time through meme"
>loving how it makes me use my brain and pay attention to everything in the game
>get to bonehoard
>spend literally an hour and a half epxloring every possible area I can find in the level
>complete all objectives except for one small side objective
>since hardest difficulty I need to get it or else can't continue
>quit
>haven't gone back to try on the second to hardest difficulty yet
the only time I ever fell for a /v/ meme without discernment. will tackle it and thief 2 someday
>>
>>379555793
Anon, it's not a meme. The Bonehoard is a daunting, wicked lair, but perhaps thine skills require refinement.
>>
>>379553908
How dumb are you?
>>
>>379555873
no it just requires more familiarity with it. I.e playing more than once and being able to skip even a single side objective on the first playthrough
>>
>>379540601
I hear this is a good game.
>>
>>379547591

thief 2

deus ex

system shock 2 to a lesser extent

some fan-made quake and unreal and duke3d maps
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.