[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Quest General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>pick up this gem
>it's the most magical game I've played in decades
>Plow through it for almost 60 hours with minimal grinding and no problems
>reach the Aelous vale, buisiness as usual
>get to this fucker; can't beat him no matter what
>Look up other people doing playtroughs, most have heros in the 30s
>all of mine are high 20s or low 20s

wtf do I do? Did I miss grinding that much? Is there a strategy to beating him? And if not where the hell should I grind?
>>
Metal slimes? i think theres a map you can get from one of the haven residents
>>
>>379536518
thanks, I'll have to keep doing that quest line. I was trying to grind a random gold one I got but I quickly learned it's impossible
>>
I like this armor.
>>
That guy did fuck me up a couple times.. What jobs are you using? I remember grinding jobs a bit to get higher tier buffs and heals.
>>
I need to pick up 7 at some point
>>
God I love DQ9
Please make a switch remake SE
>>
File: 1478547988932.gif (2MB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1478547988932.gif
2MB, 512x512px
>playing the first Torneko Mystery Dungeon on SNES
>have town fully upgraded
>start dungeon with endgame-level armor and weaponry
>fuck yes, I'm gonna do it
>get to floor 23
>MONSTER LAIR!
>waste all of my scrolls on it
>go the the next room
>MONSTER LAIR!
>waste the last of my herbs on it
>go down a floor
>MONSTER LAIR!
>You are starving to death!
>die of hunger surrounded by enemies that can delevel you in 1 hit
>>
>>379542272
>uber falcon blade

my nigga

I like DQ9 but wifi-locked quests are something I hate. Now I will never be able to beat it all.
>>
>>379540202
Yeah in DQ7 it's not about your levels so much as it is the jobs and abilities you have access to, and that's true for both versions. Keep dicking around with the basic jobs, and you're gonna get your shit fucked.
>>
>>379536163
Is this the cloud boss from the wind temple? Hardest boss of the game, no joke. Only time I had to grind in the oriinal PlayStation version because he'd completely destroy me.
>>
>>379543195
is there not a cheat to unlock all that
>>
Sword Dance cheese it, but don't rely on it too much or it breaks the game.
>>
>>379543195
You can buy a cheating device fairly cheap and unlock everything on your cart without breaking the game. Might be wprth it since it gices you a lot of bonus content.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.