[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oblivion > Morrowind > Skyrim > TES online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 14

File: elderscrolls6-555x328.jpg (27KB, 555x328px) Image search: [Google]
elderscrolls6-555x328.jpg
27KB, 555x328px
Oblivion > Morrowind > Skyrim > TES online
>>
I like Oblivion but it's honestly the worst out of those.
>>
>>379535453
literally why do you think that
>>
>>379535494
>scaling
>AI is atrocious
>like 5 voice actors and they all sound horrible
>glitches out the ass, even for bethesda standards
>completely imbalanced
>blandest world design
>literally copypasted dungeons (even skyrim had 1 really good dungeon on offer)
>gates of oblivion were hot trash
that said the quests were good, I really enjoyed the dark brotherhood questline in oblivion in particular.
>>
Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim
Haven't played the others
>>
le contrary face :^]
>>
Oblivion, TESO, Morrowind, Daggerfall, Skyrim
>>
I never experience Morrowind when it came out but Oblivion is miles better than Skyrim non modded.

World, ai, charming voice acting, and quests are all way better.

>>379536107
All these features are worse in Skyrim. Or blandrim.
>>
>>379535278
Finally, somebody reasonable on this god forsaken board
>>
>>379536775
>All these features are worse in Skyrim.
not really, Skyrim's world may be bland but it's honestly better than Oblivions, same with the voiceacting and AI. Also Skyrim ditched scaling, which was Oblivion's biggest mistake.
>>
>>379537093
THe ai definitely wasn't better man. As much as a meme radiant ai was for Oblivion, the NPCs did a lot more in terms of immersion. They would eat, sleep, pray, travel to different, cities, change their activites based on days. In Skyrim they got lazy with this.

I'd say the countryside is perhaps on par with both games but city wise it's no contest. Oblivion blows Skyrim out of the water with its cities.
>>
>>379537093
Skyrim had scale leveling you idiot, just not as extreme
>>
>>379535278
No

Morrowind > TESO > Oblivion > Skyrim
>>
>>379537328
the radiant AI was a complete gimmick, it barely worked - would take some NPCs literally 2 minutes just to find a chair to sit on for fuck sake. I disagree about cities in Oblivion as well, the buildings literally looked copy-pasted, especially in the imperial city.
>>379537439
I didn't say it didn't though
>>
>>379537439

Did you know Morrowind has a little bit of level-scaling too? Level-scaling is fine when done right. When it's done wrong it's fucking terrible. Oblivion did it really wrong.
>>
Morrowind: best magic and overall freedom
Oblivion: best cities and quests
Skyrim: best combat/skill system and NPC variety
>>
>>379538068
Morrowind had leveled lists but never had scaling. Higher levels would enable different spawns in certain areas and loot in random containers.
>>
>>379537898
>Also Skyrim ditched scaling
Quote from yourself

Also don't be deluded man. The cities in Skyrim are void of any real personality, interesting/memorable cities, or actual buildings or structure.

You obviously didn't visit many of the cities in Oblivion if you think they're copied and pased because Skyrim is even worse. They are copied and pasted just as bad if not worse and theres very little distinction between the actual cities themselves with the exception of that one in the west.
>>
>>379537898
Yes you did
>Also Skyrim ditched scaling, which was Oblivion's biggest mistake.
>>
>>379538447
interesting/memorable citizens*
>>
>>379538447
>>379538512
that was a typo
>>
why does mgso fail to patch morrowind at the very last step on windows 10
kill me
>>
>>379538216
>never had scaling
It has the worst versions of it in the first quests for both Tribunal and Bloodmoon. In Tribunal, The Dark Brotherhood assassins that you fight are scaled to your level, and in Bloodmoon, those rogue Imperial guys or w/e you fight in that first dungeon are also scaled to your level. If you try to do either at high as shit levels, they have too much fucking HP and weapons with annoying as fuck paralysis enchantments. Shit's only there for those couple moments, but it's the worst I have had to deal with in a Bethesda game.
>>
>>379536107
>scaling
Easily fixed by not making a retarded build or any Overhaul at all
>AI is atrocious
It had better AI for an RPG than any RPG released before it. You want an RPG with shit AI play Baldur's Gate.
>like 5 voice actors and they all sound horrible
There's not many of them true but they all sound fine
>glitches out the ass, even for bethesda standards
What glitches fucked you over?
>completely imbalanced
In what way, scaling again?
>blandest world design
It's based on Central Europe and the British Isles (around IC and Great Forest), It's not going to have floating eyes and shit
>literally copypasted dungeons (even skyrim had 1 really good dungeon on offer)
Morrowind had the exact same problem
>gates of oblivion were hot trash
They were unique and you only have to do them a couple of times in the main quest before they close forever.
>>
>>379538714

No worries, hopefully the next Elder Scrolls game will not be a casual fest anyway. That's something we can all agree.
>>
>>379538714
>whole sentence is a typo
just stop
>>
>>379535278
Why would you even compare ESO to those? It's an MMO, it's a completely different thing than single player games, you could just as well throw the TES card game into the mix
>>
>>379538870
>with annoying as fuck paralysis enchantments
Holy fuck I still have PTSD from this dungeon with this faggots just constantly stunlocking me.
>>
i think morrowind is the best
oblivion is hard to compare to mw
skyrim was great after a few dozen mods

enjoyed all 3 several times over
>>
>>379537509
Nah TESO is pretty shit.
It's an obvious MMO with obvious MMO flaws.

I tried to like it, but it's still just a grindy MMO at the end of the day.
>>
>>379535278
that is objectively incorrect
Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion
only good thing Oblivion had was quests
everyting else was shit
>>
oblivion was shit, all dungeons were cave. fort, or ayleid ruins, and with level scaling there was no point to ex;loring any of them. I do remember the tieves guild questline being good though.
>>
Sometimes when these threads happen I wonder if anyone besides me has actually played all the elder scrolls, or if people have only played one or two and think memes can carry an argument.
>>
>>379539507
The worst thing about this board is, they usually actually can.
>>
>>379538929
do you think it'll be announced at E3?
I mean it's been 6 years since Skyrim so it seems around the right time for a sequel.
>>379538962
:^)
don't take it too seriously, it was just a joke anon. I didn't realize Skyrim had scaling at all (been years since I played it)
>>379538884
>Easily fixed by not making a retarded build or any Overhaul at all
not entirely sure what you mean by this
>It had better AI for an RPG than any RPG released before it.
imo they tried way too hard when the technology just wasn't there, the result is a clunky mess with NPCs ranting utter nonsense to each other and wandering around aimlessly for several minutes before they'll head to where they're supposed to go. It breaks immersion and can even ruin some quests (especially quests where you need to follow someone if my memory serves correctly).
>There's not many of them true but they all sound fine
I disagree completely
>What glitches fucked you over?
had many glitches with physics, although most are still prevalent in Skyrim (probably since they share the same engine), and some glitches with the AI as well (such as NPCs being unresponsive at times). I've also had saves that loaded me into the void before, but I have no idea what the cause of that was.
>In what way, scaling again?
yes
>It's based on Central Europe and the British Isles (around IC and Great Forest), It's not going to have floating eyes and shit
t's a fantasy series so I was hoping for more fantasy elements rather than attempts at realism, Morrowind had a far more interesting world design because of this
>Morrowind had the exact same problem
I agree, honestly all TES games have this issue, but I feel it's at its worst in Oblivion - not a single dungeon was memorable in Oblivion.
>They were unique and you only have to do them a couple of times in the main quest before they close forever.
I remember every gate to Oblivion being the exact same once entered, they were a wasted opportunity.
>>
>>379539234
>better soundtrack
>more skills
>attributes
>better magic
>spellcrafting
>better expansions
>end game weapons didn't all look completely retarded
Skyrim is shit, the only thing that saved it was mods
>>
Something that Bethesda has made leaps and bounds with is map design. The design in Oblivion isn't great, it's serviceable but not that great. Fallout 3 was a big improvement. Skyrim was even better and Fallout 4 was a huge improvement. It's one of the few things that they consistently do better every time.
>>
>>379539486
Objective truth.
>>379539234
Morrowind > Skyrim == Oblivion.
Skyrim had better a bette world, better dungeons, better AI, better VA and a less buggy engine
Oblivion had better gameplay except the AI, better story, better quests, better music, nicer looking overworld
Morrowind was better than the above in all counts.
>>
>>379538139
this
>>
>>379540023
the problem is the world keeps getting better but all the things filling it get worse
>>
>>379539507
I have played Oblivion and Skyrim but not Morrowind, I parrot what my friend says about Morrowind instead though when discussing it
>>
>>379540023
>>379540312
yeah, they seem to be getting better at world design but they insist of the radiant quest system, which evidently doesn't work as both Skyrim and Fallout 4 have complete shit quests.
>>
>>379539947
>thinks an OST with less variety and intricacy is better
>thinks a lot of lame skills are better than skills with a variety of perks that open them up
>thinks being able to craft whacky spells makes the magic better when none of it is fun to use nor all that intuitive with how magicka in general works in Morrowind
>thinks Trueflame, Hopesfire, Sunder, and Keening among others weren't also ridiculously overthetop looking weapons; doesn't even mention the awful glass armor design of Morrowind and awful design in general
This isn't even getting into stuff like shitty combat, lack of NPC variety, the weakest NPC scheduling in the series outside Arena, etc. when it comes to Morrowind.
>>
>>379540665
It was comparing oblivion to skyrim you donut
>>
>>379535278
This.
>>379538139
Skyrimbabby detected.
>>
>>379539947
>better soundtrack
no. Oblivion's OST was also repetitive as fuck, which you don't notice as much in Skyrim. Skyrim also had a lot better sound design.
>more skills
true, but most of them were useless and leveling them up was completely shit (need 25 levels to get anything significant - perk, which in itself was most of the time completely shit and useless). the only good skills from the removed bunch were acrobatics
>better magic
skyrim enhanced the magic gameplay A LOT, but Oblivion did have more spells.
>spellcrafting
true
>better expansions
I preferred Dragonborn to Shivering Isles.
>end game weapons didn't look completely retarded
didn't notice anything special about Skyrim's late game gear.
>>
>>379539914
Nah, we're gettting Starfield next. New Elder Scrolls in 2019 I'd say, in 2018 they'll release Skyrim VR.
>>
Morrowind > Daggerfall >> Oblivion >>> TESO > Skyrim
>>
>>379540867
oblivion baby detected.
>>
File: rKS2h6M.png (39KB, 385x138px) Image search: [Google]
rKS2h6M.png
39KB, 385x138px
>>379541080
>New Elder Scrolls in 2019 I'd say
>>
>>379540817
Cool, now take what I posted, and add level scaling, lower variety in spellmaking, the most retarded looking armor in the series, some of the worst voice acting in modern gaming, requiring armorer way too much on higher levels, those weird ass faces, completely ignoring lore from the non-men races just being/acting like men with a different skin color to Nibenese/Colovian cultures, boring as fuck Oblivion gates.

Oblivion's awful outside a handful of quests, how well designed the cities themselves are, and Shivering Isles.
>>
>>379541448
It will definitely be in 2019. I'm 100% sure. Next gen will probably arrive in 2021/2022.
>>
TES 6 will just be an action game with minor rpg elements.

The main quest will be the one most fledged out.

All the other guilds will be toned down, to only mage & thief
>>
>>379541614
Yes, I'm sure you know more than Kirkbride.
>>
File: Actually.png (35KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Actually.png
35KB, 700x700px
>>379541014

Skyrim's soundtrack definitely had MORE music to draw from in total so it wasn't as repetitive, but I think Oblivion's is one of the most comfy of all time with the best highlights. I mean, Skyrim literally ripped from Morrowind for it's main theme for fuck's sake.

Nothing in Skyrim touches Peace of Akatosh for feels.

https://youtu.be/yKLfvt6CZCY
>>
>>379535278
This perfectly describes the Mages Guild ranking. Oblivion had the best questline by far.
>>
>>379541660
>Skyrim literally ripped from Morrowind for it's main theme for fuck's sake.
what the fuck? Oblivion does this too you utter moron
Skyrim also changed the chords
>>
>>379541660
>TFW better music system crashes my game with my current mods
FUCK IS there an alternative to this? I know Dynamic music System but I'm too much of a pleb to prepare it.
>>
>>379541463
Compared to Morrowind yes oblivion suck ass, but its still better than skyrim which has the same faults you listed just replacing armorer with smithing and oblivion gates with merry-go-round dungeons
>>
>>379539914
Anon they don't have the right technology to even announce a new TES yet, give it a few more years.
>>
>>379541014
>no. Oblivion's OST was also repetitive as fuck, which you don't notice as much in Skyrim. Skyrim also had a lot better sound design.
Oblivion has one of the best game soundtracks in general, not just in TES.
>I preferred Dragonborn to Shivering Isles.
Now you're just trolling, nigga.
>>
>>379535278
Oblivion is absolute garbage. Grow up, nostalgia kiddies.
>>
>>379541894
That's objectively false though.
Skyrim's level scaling is manageable, you can come across challenges at any level that will near one shot you; smithing is not required (in fact im doing a run without any smithing at the moment using light armor); the faces are FAR better than oblivion; the voice acting isn't fucking terrible; doesn't ignore non-men lore...
>>
>>379541992
>Now you're just trolling, nigga.
go ahead and explain to me what's so good about Shivering Isles. Because to me it's just the same old garbage Oblivion with a slightly better main quest.
>>
>reach level cap
>find amazing item
>nowhere to use it because the game is essentially over and you've done near everything
every TES ever.
Why the fuck do they give me powerful items when i have nothing to use them on
>>
>>379541652
>Kirkbride
Who the fuck is this and why would I care about some namefag?
>>
>>379542368
now you're just baiting. just say "bump" if you're not even gonna put effort into it, jesus.
>>
>>379541660
Oblivion has a way better OST. Maximum comfy, but I think you need to be European to understand it desu.

Americans prefer their epic booming themes.
>>
>>379535278
entirely accurate
>>
>>379536107
>scaling
Not if you level properly and thoughtfully select your skills
>AI is atrocious
No game before Oblivion had citizens that had their own schedules around town and throughout the day, it was quite revolutionary so I must say thats a bad argument.
>like 5 voice actors
They fit just fine, they were quite charming.
>glitches out the ass
People who think a game is trash because of glitches. Get over it, they're fucking hilarious. No one should care that much about "muh immersion"
>completely imbalanced
See first point
>blandest world design
No. The world was vibrant and gorgeous for its time and really gave off that King Arthur-esque fantasy vibe.
>copypasted dungeons
There were quite a few very, very well done dungeons nonetheless. Take Lost Boy Cavern or Vahtacen for example. They were creepy and unique. Not to mention Sundercliff Watch (DLC) that was incredibly well-crafted.
>gates of oblivion were trash
Yes they were repetitive at points and not always fun but if you're lucky you could get great loot.

There really isn't alot to hate about oblivion.
>>
>>379542456
I have no idea who Kirkbride is mate. I have poster names/tripfags filtered. Does he work at Bethesda?
>>
>>379542552
just google Michael Kirkbride.
>>
File: fff-193-inserters.webm (2MB, 896x896px) Image search: [Google]
fff-193-inserters.webm
2MB, 896x896px
TAKE THAT BACK U FUCK
>>
>>379541784

It's way more obvious and direct in Skyrim, Oblivion sounded way different and had it's own thing going on with the horns, to the point that a lot of people don't even recognize it as being the same as >>379541660 evidently doesn't.

It doesn't matter at this point as it's effectively now just the "Elder Scrolls" theme now, confirming once and for all that the series has been in stagnation since morrowind.
>>
>>379542552
>this is Elder Scrolls audience now
Sad
>>
>>379542684
>Michael Kirkbride
I'm not a massive Elder Scrolls player mate. I enjoy the series but don't play them extensively, I have maybe 70 hours in Oblivion and likewise in Skyrim.

>>379542612
Thank you
>>
>>379542216
How about because you get to be the lord of an entire plane of Oblivion?
Not too mention the alien environments were interesting and refreshing but it also greatly expanded on the fantasy vibe.
>>
>>379535278
This isn't wrong at all.
>>
>>379535278
Why did Morrowind use the Islam logo
>>
>>379540428
Play that shit nigga. At first you may wonder what the fuck the hype's about, but then 10 years later you'll still be playing morrowind and have forgotten why you ever liked the other two.
>>
>>379538870
My morrowind guy is Lv. 20, should I start bloodmoon now?
>>
>>379542986
>How about because you get to be the lord of an entire plane of Oblivion?
but this has literally 0 effect on the gameplay though
nothing changes at all
plus sheogorath's a faggot
literal rebbit lol so randumb" daedra, he's annoying as fuck
>>
>>379543525
ok did you expect the dlc to include a gameplay overhaul or something?
He's called the Prince of Madness for a reason, family
>>
>>379542305
The best Morrowind weapons are given to you a bit before the final boss of every iteration (Sunder and Keening right before Dagoth Ur, Trueflame quite a few quests before Almalexia, that Bloodmoon mace literally once you beat the first quest in the expansion.) Otherwise the best items can't be found without exploring. No need to hit level cap for any of this or fight the final challenge.

In Oblivion the best weapon is Umbra, and the best armor is the Shivering Isles stuff. Both can be gotten before the final fight in either iteration of that game, and no level cap needed. Yes, you get some very powerful things after beating Shivering Isles, but they serve more of a lore purpose than anything.

In Skyrim the best of the best stuff can all be crafted by the player at any point provided they have a high enough skill level with the right perks. The Vampire Lord ability from the Dawnguard expansion is given 1/4th of the way into the main quest if you go Vampire. Among the various powerful things in Dragonborn, yeah you get a very powerful Bend Will ability by beating Miraak, but again, that's a lore thing, and there's still probably guys left like Ebony Warrior and Kaarstag to use this stuff on.

I don't think you have played more than a couple hours in each of them.
>>
>>379543525
It's clear you're not the comprimising type. I'd suggest you broaden your opinions a little more than sticking to defending Skyrim as being better than Oblivion in every aspect which is just simply nonesense and you know it.

I don't want to insult you because that will only make you stick to defending Skyrim even more for some strange reason but maturity clearly hasn't hit you yet. I cannot see how it's possible to not like every aspect of a predecessor game very similiar to its successor. Nobody is saying Oblivion is perfect or Skyrim is utter shit, grow up.
>>
>>379542986
>alien environments
They were just rehashed morrowind though
Oblivion was your first game wasn't it? Would explain a lot
>>
File: Sheo.png (454KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
Sheo.png
454KB, 950x534px
>>379543525
Best Sheogorath is this guy
>>
>>379543732
Expanding on this, only get Umbra and the SI armors if you're level 30+. Umbra will deal like 30 or 31 damage which is the highest possible and the armors will just be more protective.
>>379542305
>>
Skyrim was worse because it didn't have Spellcrafting.
>>
>>379535278
having sex > posting about rpgs
>>
>>379543287
If you want to, yeah sure. 30-40 is when you'll really start feeling it. At least beat the Dark Brotherhood leader by chasing them all down (part of Tribunal) and the very first quest given to you once you reach Solstheim (part of Bloodmoon.) Boom, never have to worry about level scaling getting annoying. Also the Bloodmoon one gives you a 1h mace that's one of the best weapons in the game. I would hold out on the Bloodmoon's main quest from there though imo it's the toughest stuff in the game that's not fighting Gaenor.
>>
>>379543839
Literally not an argument
Was oblivion your first game?
>>
>>379543968
Turn that statement around and you've got RPGCodex, although they'd consider neither Oblivion or Skyrim to be an RPG.
>>
>>379543840
I first played Oblivion when I was like 11, so yes. That doesn't mean I didn't try Morrowind, I just couldn't enjoy it as much since I played Oblivion first. Although I respect the game
>>
>>379543968
why are you here posting instead of having sex then?
>>
File: Gaenor vs Ebony Warrior.png (2MB, 1266x999px) Image search: [Google]
Gaenor vs Ebony Warrior.png
2MB, 1266x999px
Who do you think would win? How would Dragon Shouts be affected by someone with extremely high luck?
>>
>>379544097
Because the last time I had sex you happened
>>
>>379544019
Alright, I'll go kill the brotherhood after clearing my inventory (to take their armors and sell them)
>>
>>379542545
>No game before Oblivion had citizens that had their own schedules around town and throughout the day, it was quite revolutionary so I must say thats a bad argument.

Ultima VII existed way before oblivion
>>
>>379543968
>comparing sex to posting on a video game board in general
Whats your argument?
>>
>god tier
Oblivion
>good tier
Morrowind
>okay tier
Skyrim
>absolutely shit tier
Elder scrolls online
>>
>>379544240
Has anyone heard of that game though?
>>
>>379544202
Fuck off dad, go back to dieing in a car crash 8 years ago
>>
>>379543968
You are the biggest virgin on this board, or you're just an out of touch 40 something.
>>
>>379544279
Literally this
>>
I hope the next elder scrolls is in a tropical or grassy location

I think that's one of the main reasons I loved oblivion so much
>>
>>379544240
>replying to oblivion babies
No point

>>379544279
Here's the order by which you played them
Oblivion > morrowind > skyrim > teso
>>
What's so good about these games? I always see morrowind in 3x3.
>>
>>379544038
Yes it was and once again it does not make sense that you hate Oblivion yet love Skyrim. They are very similiar games, saying you hate every aspect of Oblivion is bizarre.
>>
>>379544351
>Has anyone heard of that game though?
This is the nicest argument I've seen at /v/, upvoted
>>
File: maxresdefault (10).jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (10).jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
>>379544147
>Duplicates scrolls
>Duplicates soul gems
>Sell some of scrolls for money
>Enchant ring with chameleon 20%
>Dupe it to stack effect for a passive 100% even without ring
>Do the same for every attribute to make it 250
>Do same for near infinite health and mana
Heh, nothing personel, kid
>>
>>379544489
Wrong I played morrowind when it came out
>>
>>379544501
Easy /v/ cred
>>
>>379544510
Alright, no point replying to you then
>>
>>379544351
holy fuck you people are children
>>
Specs:
AMD E1-1200 Dual Core 1.4ghz
AMD Radeon HD 7130 256mb integrated graphics
8gb RAM

Can I play skyrim?
>>
>>379544693
You're quite a mature open minded person aren't you. What a fucking prick you must be in real life kid, grow up.

>WAAAH THIS PERSON HAS DIFFERENT OPINIONS THAN ME ON THE INTERNET
>H-HOW COULD HE LIKE OBLIVION MORE THAN SKYRIM AND YET STILL ENJOY BOTH GAMES
>I NEED TO ATTACK EVERY ASPECT OF OBLIVION AND DEFEND SKYRIM
>>
>>379544861
go ask >>>/g/
>>
>>379544861
You can play with my ass cunt
>>
>>379544873
Why are you strawmanning me so hard?
I'm pretty sure that in my very first post in this thread I mentioned what oblivion does well and what skyrim does better
Skyrim is along shit, oblivion is just on another level of terrible

Now stop projecting and strawmanning and grow up faggot
Maybe you should consider replaying oblivion, perhaps you'll find out that all the nostalgia you have from playing it when you were a toddler was just pure delusion
>>
>>379545624
Skyrim is also shit*
>>
>>379545624
I only replayed it earlier this year you moron. You've spent the whole thread covering your ears and shouting down other peoples opinion because they want to defend certain aspects of Oblivion yet you provide no impirical evidence or reasoning behidn your statements as to why Oblivion is a worse game.
>>
>>379544525
>>379544834
jokes on you I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>379544426
>biggest virgin

How does one be a bigger virgin than someone else?
>>
>>379546046
I already did
Stop jumping into a conversation if you arent even following it
>>
>>379546261
By thinking morrowind is better than oblivion
>>
>>379546375
Kek
>>
>>379536107
The gates of oblivion were amazing the first time, and then redundant after that
>>
>>379538884
>Easily fixed by not making a retarded build or any Overhaul at all
>MODS WILL FIX IT
And no that's stupid, it's a flaw in the game design, it's not people saying "This is too hard" they're saying it is terrible game design there is a difference. It leads to situations with bandits running around in legendary gear and is terrible for the world in more ways than I can further describe to you in just two sentences while you have 10 other things to address.
>There's not many of them true but they all sound fine
If you're deaf.
>What glitches fucked you over?
Vanilla bugs were minimal for me personally but for every person like me that had no issue there's plenty others with more issue. BUT that's vanilla, and as you've previously said the game needs mods to fix it, and any modded bethesda game is a shakey house of cards at the best of times.
>In what way, scaling again?
Scaling is one thing, but also magic, economy, stealth, etc. Psychic guards or completely blind individuals
>It's based on Central Europe and the British Isles (around IC and Great Forest), It's not going to have floating eyes and shit
Are you too stupid to realize that you can just decide to base it elsewhere? But you know what, fine let's say we can't just pick a new location because reasons. You can make a realistic environment interesting that's not an excuse for it being generic and boring.
>Morrowind had the exact same problem
I don't remember morrowind dungeons enough to say you're wrong here. I'm not a morrowind fanboy, just don't like retards like you that are revising history after the fact to say Oblivion was good at the time it came out, it wasn't. It's also responsible for the modern DLC cancer.
>They were unique and you only have to do them a couple of times in the main quest before they close forever.
They were not fucking unique at all.
>>
>it’s the daily TES arguing thread
>>
>>379544981
I askes /g/ they tokd me to go fuck myself
>>
>Oblivion is good
Remember, kids born in 1999 can legally post on 4chan, now.
>>
Morrowind > shivering isles > skyrim > oblivion >>>>> tes online
>>
>>379547296
This
>>
>>379547090
Remember, having a superiority complex about being a Morrowind fanboy automatically makes your opinion on Oblivion more valid
>>
>>379547296
I remember my friend had an expansion for morrowind. I can't remember what it was called. I'm gonna play shivering isles if I can find it
>>
>>379547090
I was born in 1992 and played morrowind when it first came out on the og xbox and still preferred oblivion

Morrowind was to dark and ugly. Still fun but oblivion had much more replayability. It's just the facts
>>
Is Daggerfall any good? I want a TES style RPG to play and I'm sick of Morrowind and Skyrim, and Oblivion is just trash.
>>
Reposting from other thread

Story

Combat
Oblivion > Skyrim > Morrowind

Graphics
Skyrim > Oblivion > Morrowind

Atmosphere
Oblivion > Morrowind > Skyrim

Music
Skyrim > Morrowind = Oblivion

Voice Acting

Interior Exploration
Skyrim > Morrowind > Oblivion

DLC

Modded Experience
Oblivion > Skyrim > Morrowind

Waifu Shit
>>
>>379544861
Instead if skyrim, do you think I can play morrowind?
>>
>>379547860

Why the fuck are there so many waifu/sex mods for Skyrim anyway?
>>
>>379547796
Just play ESO.
>>
>>379541354
morrowind baby detected
>>
>>379546953
Well you better get to it then.
>>
>>379535278
>Oblivion
>the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjbx6-KQoRg
>>
>>379544861
>7130
That cpu doesn't seem to exist according to google, I'm assuming you mean a 7310. Here's a vid with specs somewhat similar to yours playing Skyrim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUO1Jwz1sec
>>
>>379544421

I know it's been awhile, but I still offer my condolences for your lost, anon.
>>
TES Online is cheap on Steam right now and I'm seriously considering it. Should I bother?
>>
File: 20170608215016_1.jpg (535KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170608215016_1.jpg
535KB, 1920x1080px
>>379549472
yeah it's pretty good imo
>>
>>379535278
All these games are shit
Has their ever been a decent wrpg?
They're all buggy boring messes
>>
>>379549802
Has there ever been a jrpg that's been an actual role playing game?
>>
File: Top 5 RPGs.png (31KB, 588x387px) Image search: [Google]
Top 5 RPGs.png
31KB, 588x387px
>>379544351
>Has anyone heard of that game though?
I know people like to joke about Todd raging over not buying his game but this post might actually make him start raging for real.

It's literally Todd Howard's favorite game of all time. He mentioned it as an inspiration of every project he's worked on and at one point said he used to care more about his life as The Avatar than he did his real life.
>>
>>379550121
>Todd likes Fallout

I don't believe you.
>>
>>379549617
I'm still disappointed that it has actual classes you have to choose at creation
>>
>>379539507
I have only played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, unfortunately. I like them all but in different ways.

Morrowind immersed me as a kid. The lore is not only pervasive but exotic and pretty interesting. The main quest, which I didn't even play until several months after playing around on multiple characters, was so cool. Sent you all around reading books, hunting for landmarks, meeting interesting characters, going cool places.

When I first played Oblivion, I wasn't very interested in it. I'm not sure why. I think as I played Morrowind for years, I stopped being immersed and just played around with funky mods and all that. I didn't really 'roleplay'. I wasn't going into Oblivion looking for this, and I was really impressed by the environments, but I guess I wasn't in the right mindset for engaging it like I did when I first played Morrowind. It wasn't even the disappointing absence of some features that were prominent in Morrowind; I just didn't 'feel' it. I enjoyed it a few years later despite some perturbing feature voids.

I stuck around longer with Skyrim but only long enough to get through the magic school quests. Enjoying it a lot with mods now, otherwise I wouldn't be able to stomach it.

I want marksman weapons back and all those individual armor parts. Mixing and matching pauldrons, greaves, gloves, and throwing on some robes on top of it.
>>
>>379550227
It's true. He posted that in 2000 and more specifically mentioned that he was playing and really enjoying it shortly after its release in 1997 (pic related). This was before Fallout 2 was even a thing and long before Morrowind's later success would make Bethesda huge enough to even consider buying the property. Fallout was his direct competitor, so he had no stake in shilling it at this time. He was probably a big factor in Bethesda's decision to take over the series 7 years later, however.

Here's the top 5 post: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg/-zrIbVb-zNY/0Bp_jI6nrqMJ
>>
File: todd likes fallout.png (262KB, 599x392px) Image search: [Google]
todd likes fallout.png
262KB, 599x392px
>>379551607
Forgot pic.
>>
>>379551607
Dang. That's kinda sad, actually.
>>
>>379543968
Having sex with your dad > having sex with your mom
>>
File: fat wojack smoke.jpg (74KB, 737x758px) Image search: [Google]
fat wojack smoke.jpg
74KB, 737x758px
>tfw you love all the elder scrolls games for different reasons
>you really want to combine all their best traits each in a new game of your own design but that means you wouldn't actually get to play it fresh
>>
File: angry nerd.jpg (88KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
angry nerd.jpg
88KB, 500x303px
>>379551817
Not as sad as being in the chess club..
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.