[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any hope for RPGs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 54545545.jpg (163KB, 1555x1102px) Image search: [Google]
54545545.jpg
163KB, 1555x1102px
Are there any hope for RPGs?
>>
>>379531412
No.
>>
>>379531412
Is the first example supposed to be good? Sounds like pretty boring, generic, shallow morality crap.
>>
Not if you expect Bioware or Bethesda to deliver. Otherwise, yes.
>>
Dragon Age 2 is the one where most of the sidequests are really well written and tie into the overarching buildup of Kirkwalls fucked. It's Inquisition where it's get fucking 10 rams meat.
>>
>>379532495
Don't be a jaded faggot.
>>
>>379531412
If they are made by competent people with good writing, choices with overarching weight behind them, and some good combat, yes. If no, hope you like collecting 300 collectables to get a trophy and 'lore'.
>>
>be a child
>play older RPGs
>willingly look over their shitty aspects and begin to worship them

>be you now as an adult
>play newer games
>you're a jaded faggot who can't get over minor issues and different design prorities in newer games and thinks they must all be shit
>"is there any hope for the future? only 00's kids remember this!"

kill
your
self
>>
>>379534792
I agree. Why does everyone have to be such a pretentious insufferable faggot about things. As long as I get to play my medieval/ medieval fantasy adventure I'm happy.
>>
>>379532495
buh buh im boring why isnt this fantasy game about real-world politics and issues buh
>>
>>379534173
Not sure you know what that word means. The OP image/premise is what's jaded.
>>
>>379535171
>projecting

Almonds.
>>
>>379535171
Real-World politics are the last thing I want in my game.
>>
File: Baldurs gate quest.png (16KB, 432x270px) Image search: [Google]
Baldurs gate quest.png
16KB, 432x270px
Wow
such incredible writing

kill 4 ogres? So deep and interesting side quest
Modern games just can't compete.
>>
if i wanted to read a book, i'd go read a book, not play one
>>
File: jaded.png (15KB, 660x214px) Image search: [Google]
jaded.png
15KB, 660x214px
>>379535287
>Is the first example supposed to be good? Sounds like pretty boring, generic, shallow morality crap.
Now that you mention it, both of you sound like jaded faggots. It's a medieval fantasy game, have fun with it. they are some of the best games out there.
>>
>>379535592
Posting an image of the definition doesn't mean you actually understand the word's usage. Which you don't seem to. Just an observation.
>>
File: not smart enough 2.png (250KB, 6000x3352px) Image search: [Google]
not smart enough 2.png
250KB, 6000x3352px
>>379535785
>Posting an image of the definition doesn't mean you actually understand the word's usage
Stop being a faggot, loser
>>
File: 1492740265310.jpg (13KB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1492740265310.jpg
13KB, 245x246px
>>379535586
clearly some folks want to play the book
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.