[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Valkyria Revolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: Valkyria_Azure_Revolution.png (169KB, 250x347px) Image search: [Google]
Valkyria_Azure_Revolution.png
169KB, 250x347px
Do I buy this trainwreck to support the "series", even though I'm not going to play it, or do I boycott it to perhaps send the message that this isn't what we want? I have this constant fear that the eggheads who are in charge of this will think bad sales of their shitty shining force ripoff that has nothing to do with Valkyria Chronicles means no one's interested in Valkyria Chronicles proper for some reason. I've bought 6+ gift copies of VC1 on steam, plus the PS4 remaster, but I'm honestly stumped on this one.

All I want is VC4, with Raita and all other things back and done right again. Even HD remastered localization of VC3 would make my year.
>>
File: 1479842181409.png (829KB, 1292x442px) Image search: [Google]
1479842181409.png
829KB, 1292x442px
>>379530231
If people buy it, they'll probably think the audience likes the direction they took the series in. If they don't, instead of trying to figure out why it didn't sell, they'll probably shelf it.

There's no good option.
>>
File: xRogxLe.png (222KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
xRogxLe.png
222KB, 1200x1200px
Allow me to explain how Valkyria Revolution came to existence. Someone at SEGA gave a pitch for a middle budget Valkyria game on the PS4.

After 1 year they show their progress and SEGA's executive board is like "this is fucked, put out a demo and see what people think of it". Demo goes out to the public, universally panned by Japanese and those who use a JPN PSN account to try it out. SEGA very apologetic, promises they'll take all the feedback and put out an updated demo in that same summer.

Valkyria Revolution 2.0 is released, still garbage. It is at this point that SEGA puts the break on the project, asks them to make it a multiplatform (Vita) and in the West (Xbox One). SEGA gives the team just enough money to finish the project and it can pass quality assurance, ie the game doesn't lockup and it can be completed. That's it, there is no polishing asinine gameplay. I could go over the complaints but you could just as easily Google "Valkyria Revolution import reviews/preview". Even the most diehard of all weebs hate this game, the story presentation is laughable. I've heard rumblings that ATLUS USA finished the localization as early as January/December, but put it on hold so Persona 5 doesn't destroy what little interest is there for it. It's $40MSRP everywhere and they had to even go out of their way to say this is an experiment, not a "real" mainline entry in the series. I could find better use of $40 than Valkyria Revolution. But it's your shot, the game will just bore you to peaces.

There are 2 types of bad games. The mechanically broken ones due to bugs/glitching and the holy shit this is so boring it feels like school busywork kill me.
>>
>>379531185

Well, the only thing gives me hope is that around December of last year, there were a bunch of news articles regarding an interview on the Japanese Playstation Blog about how Takeshi Ozawa said there's likely to be more actual VC games in the future and compared Revolution to a spin-off series like SMT and Persona.

http://nichegamer.com/2016/12/27/sega-confirms-valkyria-chronicles-still-ongoing-valkyria-revolution-is-like-parallel-series/

So, somewhere there's this inkling of hope and talk of another real game, but I just don't know how to treat VR. It's a fucking abomination that boils my blood but if buying it would help a real game get made then i'll buy three fucking copies.
>>
>>379530231
They kill the busty Valkyria AGAIN.
So no, don't buy this shit.
>>
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230393179&postcount=153
>>
File: 1407170537512.jpg (2MB, 1130x1625px) Image search: [Google]
1407170537512.jpg
2MB, 1130x1625px
>>379530231
There's a rumor of a VC3 remaster for PS4 thanks to job listings by the company that made the game.

Wait for that to pan out before buying AR.
>>
>>379531185
Why does she look so strained? Isn't she just sunbathing and why the autismo knife on the arm?
>>
>>379530231
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>379533721
Holy sidemouth!
>>
File: 1478402957321.jpg (63KB, 542x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478402957321.jpg
63KB, 542x800px
>>379533147

Oh, I knew it'd be shit the second I saw it. Just... why? Why did they have to do this? Why couldn't they make another real game? If the game was even nice to look at I'd play it, wouldn't think twice about buying it, but they made it another stupid special snowflake JRPG with only the barest military overtones and fucking MECHS in a series that was always about quasi-realistic early 20th century military hardware. I understand it's an alternate setting, but why give it the name? It just drags down the genius of the true series.

I just want another game.

>>379533721

Any more info? It's the first I've heard of it. I wasn't able to play much of VC3 (even though I own a physical copy of the special japanese edition) due to a dying PSP, but I damn well know it's the best in the series and would kill for the chance to play it on a comfy console with a proper professional translation.
>>
>>379532217
That bad?
>>
>>379533816
>Why does she look so strained?
Her tits are fucking heavy as canonballs thats why.
>>
>>379530231
I dunno how anyone can watch footage of this and say it looks good.
>>
File: 1490044670071.png (705KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
1490044670071.png
705KB, 550x733px
>>379533972
Not him, but I actually just posted about that on vitagen so let me repost it here to give that a source:

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/826112233633574913

This is for Mediavision and #2 is confirmed a remake and the only Valkyria Chronicles game they worked on is VC3 so it's that. Plus the survey Sega US gave for VC1 Remaster literally asked which game you wanted a remake of and on which platform.
#3 on the list is for the new Digimon game that Bamco announced for PS4/Vita. They're the ones that worked on Cyber Sleuth.

>They are aware that there have been rumors that the Valkyria Chronicles series has ended, and that the series will continue exclusively with Valkyria Revolution, but Shimosato-san promises that this is not the case.
http://www.dualshockers.com/original-valkyria-chronicles-series-will-continue-valkyria-revolution-explained/
>I hope that this will be a year in which the IP named “Valkyria” will be further expanded as a result of the launch of Valkyria Revolution, and I hope to be able to tell you something new in 2017.”
http://www.dualshockers.com/valkyria-chronicles-series-director-hopes-announce-something-new-2017/
>>
>>379533972
All we have at the moment are the teasings by the company. Essentially just job listing that may not go anywhere, but I want to be hopeful.

A link to the translated tweet
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/826112233633574913

I can't think of many series that fit the title of "battlefield RPG" that also had mediavision involved.
VC3 is one of the only real options.
>>
>>379534161
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku1XhiBmU6w&t=11m25s

Here's some gameplay of the cinematography during a cutscene. Notice the attention to detail with regards to lip synching and expressive body animations.
>>
>>379533972
Why not just emulate VC3?
>>
> Composer is Mitsuda instead of Sakimoto
I am a bit conflicted about this.
>>
>>379530231
Boycott it. It's fucking bad.
>>
>>379534292
>>379534493

Thanks, anons. I was completely unaware of this and you've given me some new hope. The question of a localization is an important one though, even if it did happen. That being said, if they localized fucking revolution but don't localize that (assuming it gets made), I might go ballistic.

Have there been any rumors related to sega and E3 that might be relevant? VC1 was announced by Sony at E3, but I'm not sure if I could see that sort of thing happening again.

>>379534854

You're going to think my answer's pathetic and blogshit, but the main issue is that I just can't play emulated games for long periods of time. I get easily distracted and alt tab to other things. It's like my brain doesn't register them as real games. Not to mention I wouldn't know where to get started with mounting CFW on a PSP emulator for the english translation patch.
>>
I'm gonna play it and enjoy it and no one's going to stop me.
>>
>>379535403
Stop having ADD.
>>
File: 1416333661866.jpg (1MB, 2000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1416333661866.jpg
1MB, 2000x1414px
>>379535403
All you have do do is download the PSP emulator, PPSSPP, and then download the VC3 iso.

Either you patch the translation yourself or find a prepatched version somewhere.
That's it. It's as easy as using any other emulator.
>>
>>379535403
Sony said there was going to be new Japanese game announcements at their E3 conference, and a PS4 remaster would mostly be for the west since we never got the game localized in the first place, but I think TGS is where they'd be more likely to announce it.

http://nichegamer.com/2017/06/07/sony-teasing-big-announcements-from-japanese-devs-at-e3-2017/
>>
>>379535653

No bully. Sometimes I wonder what adderall is like.

>>379535929

Probably, if it did happen. Then there's a fun full year of waiting for them to announce the localization.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.