[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /v/ remember one of the hottest video games of 2007? This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (36KB, 300x429px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 300x429px
Does /v/ remember one of the hottest video games of 2007? This was a surprise hit since the previous Call of Duty games didn't sell that well
>>
>>379527235
What is that game? I've never heard of it. Is it indieshit?
>>
>>379527235
>since the previous Call of Duty games didn't sell that well
They did though?
>>
>>379527382
Not to the extent that the Call of Duty games that came out in 2007 and after did.
>>
>>379527235
That was a fun game
>>
>>379527235
Just wondering, how did Modern Warfare become such the big hit that it was?
>>
>>379528646
Simple and fun game to play with friends or solo.

What more you could ask from a game?
>>
>>379528646
Actually I don't know why. Half Life did better scripted events in the late 90s, so it didn't do any new stuff, the environment is boring brown and you have enemy waves like in the later games who only stops if you go over an invisible line.
That only stuff that make MW1 superior to many games in the COD franchise are the more open level design and that the Gunplay felt "better" than in the late entries, but even back then there were plenty of better shooters.

At the end it was just the modern day setting I believe.
>>
>>379529186
or maybe because people liked the multiplayer you autistic retarded.

Seriously while you did write that post did it ever occur to your brain that people actually buy CoD game for the multiplayer, Why you think people loved CoD1 and 2 and LAN parties?
>>
It got popular, because dumb console kids were excited by the levelling, the perks, unlocks, gun progress, gun customisation, etc.

That's when they saw that people were addicted to unlocking new stuff and customizing their guns, so every game followed that pattern.

Cod 1 and 2 had all guns unlocked from the start, everyone was at the same level, and only skill dictated your success in the game. These were the good days.
>>
>>379529186

dude are you retarded
>>
>>379530104
Why does 80% of the budget goes into the singleplayer then? Why did they do so much effort to hire prominent voice actors and authors? Why does all Trailers focus on the singleplayer?
All of that because "No one is interested in the singleplayer"?

Btw., there were dozens of way better and way more balanced MPs before MW1.
>>
I still think it's the best CoD.

>God Tier
Mw2 (I remember when people used to call it Call of Duty 6)

>High Tier
Black ops
Mw3

>Mid Tier
Black Ops II
Modern Warfare
World at War

>Low Tier
Ghosts
Advanced Warfare
Modern Warfare Remastered

>Cancer tier
Infinite Warfare
Black ops III
>>
>>379527235
>4x grenades
First time I remember being frustrated by a video game
>>379531725
>MW2 above MW and BO
>MW3 anywhere near high tier
>Ghosts not in cancer tier
Those are some garbage opinions you've got my man
>>
>>379531725
No mention of cod 1 and 2...

Are you born in 2006 by any chance?
>>
>>379532204
I'm a 90s kid.

I never played CoD 1 and 2 or 3. It's not like they were that good anyways. It's not like CoD is that good in general anyways. I like MW2 the most and the other high up games are pretty fun but I got over it and it's too repetitive now so I dropped the series, but I was into it the most around the MW3 stage. (everyone was.)

I just played the demo of CoD 2, and I liked that one though.

I just didn't have an Xbox 360 until 2007, I played modern warfare and world at war at friend's houses though.
>>
>>379528646
Literally all shooters before were wwii or scifi. They took a risk making a "modern warfare" game
>>
>>379528646
stuff like perks and attachments in a progression system, good graphics and cinematic shit

+ being one of few modern warfare games at the time
>>
>>379531725
shit opinions my dude
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.