[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /v/'s verdict on pokemon sun and moon? Also is anybody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 29

File: IMG_0711.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0711.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
What is /v/'s verdict on pokemon sun and moon? Also is anybody actually excited for their ultra versions?
>>
>>379525052
it was the first pokemon game I've played since gen 3. I liked it

ultra sun/moon are just cashgrabs though
>>
can't even take a normal ass picture
>>
>>379525558
It's fucking 4 chan thinking i got a bent neck
>>
Quietly hoping US/UM is to S/M as B2/W2 was to B/W
>>
Absolute garbage, I thought they couldn't release anything worse than ORAS and yet they managed to. Probably not even gonna pirate USM
>>
>>379525052
me

i want it to be just like bw2 tho. if it gets there its gonna be 10/10
>>
>>379525971
Same.

I pirated Sun a couple weeks back, but haven't played it yet, so either way it's a new game to me.
>>
>>379525052
Only if they let me date Lillie
>>
>>379525340
You should also like the previous games then since sun and moon is the worst
>>
just
give us a battle frontier
not a tree, not a maison
THE WHOLE FUCKING FRONTIER
>>
If it was for Switch, I'd be more interested. We'll wait and see if >>379525971 comes true. I was luke warm Gen 5 originally but BW2 is probably my favorite game in the series.
>>
>>379525052
I didn't play a single Pokemon since since Platinum, I love Pokemon to death but sadly didn't have time to play them in the last years, going to grab up the 2DS XL and "buy" White 2, Soulsilver, and all the 3DS Pokemon games.

Is that an IPS 3DS? The top screen looks vibrant.
>>
>>379525052
I liked the story but it ended way too early and the ultra beasts felt shoe horned in
I also liked the cute boy main character and the island aesthetic

I'm not going to buy ultra moon because I've already played moon lol
>>
Too much cutscenes, you can't take 10 steps without getting interrupted.

Not very excited for US/UM, unless there's less cutscenes.
>>
>>379525052
I enjoyed sun.

I'll wait and see how much is different about the ultra versions. I probably won't get one, unless it's drastically different or there's a battle frontier.
>>
>>379525052
Unfinished, rushed trash.

Ultra Sun and Moon is a lazy cashgrab releasing only a year after SM (compared to 2 for other gems) and is worse than third versions just because of how shitty SM is.
>>
>>379526347
>sun and moon is the worst
You said the same thing about ORAS
And X/Y
And B2/W2 ok maybe not that one
And B/W
And you will say the same thing about US/UM
>>
Inb4 the filthy slav posting the blunder image
>>
>>379525052
If it has a Battle postgame area, or at the very least some place with Rental Pokemon I'll be playing it.
>>
>>379525052
I thought it sucked honestly. I think it only kept my attention for like six hours or something.
>>
>>379525052
Intrigued, if it's just a remake I'll pass. If it's got more going on, I'll be into it
>>
>>379526456
Tbh i have no idea and really have never cared to check
>>
>>379526649
not him but X/Y and ORAS were actually the worst when they came out
>>
Probably first generation that really felt like a regression since generation 4. for all the shitposting generation 6 gets, it really spoiled us on quality of life changes.

Gen 7 has great mons, and a pretty fun story though. Pretty good time for any pokemon fan, at least until you get into post game.
>>
>>379526564
If they pull a BW2, it'll have less cutscenes. BW1 made a really comfy neat world but was so story focused it hurt as well. BW2 was made to basically go back to basics as far as the story and player's goal went but using mostly the same world just remixed with a time skip and given a different starting area.
>>
>>379526879
This. It was pretty barebones, but I began to like it after oras released. Then SM released as well but ORAS kept on being garbage
>>
take aside the cutscenes and the postgame stuff

what really bogs me is how tiny Alola is

on the drawn map it seems much more bigger with a lot of things to visit

But in the game it's tiny, and every road is a damn straight corridor
>>
>>379527083
>But in the game it's tiny, and every road is a damn straight corridor
Name a single route that isnt
>>
As someone who enjoys story,i'm grateful for SM. On top of attempting a story again it had a lot of improvements. I feel it could be the best if everyone else could get over their
>MUH CUTSCENES
problem.
>>
>>379525052
Well if I have to rank it then it will be like this.

Gen5>Gen3>Gen1>Gen6>Gen7>Gen2>Gen4.

It wasn't really that good and I dropped it after I finished the main story so I didn't even played the post game stuff.
>>
seems cool. sun was great and since they have most of the assets already done this should be amazing. It'll be like majoras mask- with most of the shit premade they can focus on game design and filling out the world with cool stuff.
>>
>>379527246
in every 2D game

ORAS has the last not "corridor" roads and you can't deny it
>>
>>379525052
Nice top ips 3ds Anon.
>>
>>379527661
(it's me)
and i'd like to add that in ORAS you still had the dive exploration with some hidden little oasis to discover which was really cool

i'd like to know what you could explore in sun/moon with little comfy hidden zones
>>
>>379526512
xd
>>
>>379527408
>gen 6 that high
Anon you have serious problems.

5>3=7>1>4>2>6
>>
>>379527661
All of them were corridors. In every single game
>>
>>379525052
worst games in the series by far.
>>
>>379526362
Wishing upon a star, but i hope so too.
>>
>>379527895
6 was better than 7 though
>>
>>379527895
Gen 6 is better than SM shit, the gen with the most forgettable designs and the laggy as fuck gen.
>>
>>379527408
For real though it's just highest to lowest but 6 is last. Haven't played 7
>>
>>379525052
The whole region was a cutscene corridor. Every previous entry I could think of replaying, but I never want to restart this one just because a large part of the game feels like a tutorial.
>>
>>379526231
Some parts are decent but overall the game is really fucking long due to so many cutscenes. Between that and so much of the game being blocked off to make a linear path for you so you never stray and explore its just not a good addition. Didn't really care for X and Y either with its "remember Gen 1!? pick your pokemon! here's a snorelax sleeping on the road! and a lapras! please buy our game..." but it was at least better than Sun and Moon.
>>
File: 1479884521243.webm (3MB, 840x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479884521243.webm
3MB, 840x720px
>>379527306
There are a lot of people who complain about things that were never true like "Why isn't this game open world anymore?" and who believe routes were originally some complex maze of branching paths all over the place, but the story in S/M really did go way too far. This webm basically never stopped being true though when I kept hoping it was just a tutorial thing. Constantly telling you what buildings to enter when, what to do, where your next goal is, and just constantly barraging you with uninteresting dialog to accomplish this. I expect at least the mild freedom of entering a town and being allowed to explore it at my own leisure. Even if the gym is locked due to some story event or there's a build that will act as a team evil dungeon when the time is right. I don't want to be guided by the hand to the pokemon center every time and told to go in right away.
>>
>>379526564
I feel the same way actually just finished the dex after lagging behind,now what do I do with the shiny charm?
>>
>>379526347
S/M are the best in the series, and if US/UM ends up like previouse third games then they'll become the best. Your irrational hate for S/M is sad, and you shitposters always shitting up /vp/ need to stay on reddit. It's cringey as fuck.
>>
>>379525052
there's waaaaaayyyy too much cinematic shit/story going on here. it's alright but nowhere near as good as the older versions of pokemon
>>
File: 1484789753552.jpg (615KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1484789753552.jpg
615KB, 1152x1536px
I like it and I want to replay it, but there's no way I'm going through all those cutscenes again.
>>
>>379527306
Why should they get over it?
>take 2 steps
>"hey, you're gonna want to head this way"
>take another 2 steps
>"hey here's some potions, revives, repels and pokeballs"
>take another 2 steps
>"Want to battle? I'll heal your Pokemon"
>>
>>379527789
Dive sucked l. It was used in only a single location and the worst part of the game. Waste of an HM.
>>
>>379528272
>>379528290
>gen6 better than 7
Where?
>shit story
>whole routes filled with more old mons than new ones (450 mons with ~65 new ones vs. 300 with 82 +alola)
>routes are fucking streamlined while in sun moon you had sometimes secret passages or search for items
>all this fucking kanto pandering
>here is the secret mon, mewtu in a room.
>destroying gen3 with the remake

Sm has problems, but xy oras is utter shit.
>>
File: 1389233745470.jpg (46KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1389233745470.jpg
46KB, 625x626px
>>379528627
>>
>all these sunfags
>>
>>379528659
>too much cinematic shit/story
Take some adderall and you'll be fine.
>>
>>379528296
Of course I did and it was painfully bad, all the trainers always had 1 pokemon, the totem pokemon are an awful replace to gyms, most of the pokemons are slow as all fuck, the MC always have that stupid expression on the face tons of gen 1 pokemon, alolan forms look retarded as fuck, the only good thing was looking the main villain losing her shit, team skull was the most pitiful evil team in all pokemon.
>>
I didn't like SM a whole lot, but you are out of your mind if you think XY and ORAS are better.
>>
Team Skull is the best evil team since Rocket, and manages to deliver a "don't join gangs, kids" message in the process
>>
I really really liked it. Only thing I fucking hated was the Festival Plaza shit.

Don't plan on picking up Ultra shit, will wait for Pokemon on Switch
>>
File: image1447621106281.jpg (40KB, 521x547px) Image search: [Google]
image1447621106281.jpg
40KB, 521x547px
It's fucking hard
all my shit gets oneshot by that fucking mimikyu, and there's nothing to really grind
>>
>>379528824
Most kanto pandering was in gen 7 with Alolan forms though
>>
>>379528859
>trying to deflect facts with a meme image
Like I said. Reddit.
You fags are a vocal minority. You can spam /vp/ and /v/ with this shit every day and the facts will never change. You're autistic. Your hate for S/M is irrational and unhealthy. Seek help.
>inb4 you imply you're not autistic
Sitting at your computer, daily. Shitting on a game instead of talking about something you actually enjoy is straight up autism. Go ahead, prove that wrong. I'd love to see you try.
>>
>>379528873
why would i take that during a pokemon playthough?
>>
>>379525052
It's awful. Alola is easily the worst region in the game. Surprisingly, even the music is bad, some of it sounds like stock music.
>>
infuriating. i could not enjoy them with the constant hand holding

>walk two steps
>cut scene to talk
>walk again
>more talking

jeeesus let me play the game you fucks.

last two pokemon games I really enjoyed were black and omega ruby.
>>
>>379527685
Thanks b
>>
>>379525052
S/M were solid games. Not the best Pokemon entry but not the worst either. I enjoyed them for what they were, and even managed to squeeze a little challenge out of them.

US/UM are questionable, though. If they secretly turn out to be S/M2 in disguise, or actually have enough of things that qualify as 'New Pokemon' to be worth it, maybe they'll be alright. But right now they just look like shitty crash grabs. Probably doesn't help that customizable main characters means we can't really tell if they're doing anything new, since it just looks like the same character.
>>
>>379529132
It'll help with your ADD.
>>
It was shit like expected but Ultra is a rehash edition of some form be it a Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum type with tweaks and additions or a BW2 type with a truly remixed adventure and still some additions so it'll probably be good
>>
It's sad that ORAS is the best 3ds pokemon tittle.
>>
>>379525052
i couldn't deal with the cutscenes so i stopped playing it

good thing i pirated it
>>
Didn't like the fact that there's no postgame content again. I played online a bit with ORAS but in SM the plaza makes it a drag to even bother with battles. Aside from that the changes to the overworld were great and the story and characters, except Hau, were decent enough.

Haven't played it in a while.
>>
>MFW didnt buy Sun/Moon

Glad I didnt get them. Now I'll just wait for Ultra Sun.
>>
>>379529220
you can't deny the game is really handholding, especially to someone who played every single game since blue/red. i don't mind a small tutorial but for some reason it takes ages in sun/moon
>>
I think they're the best base-versions in a long time, but I also enjoyed the story, so I think I'm going to be in the minority on that one. They were a bit light on content, but I wouldn't say they felt unfinished. On the contrary, I think the level of polish on what they did get into the game made it feel very finished, but I'd still like more additions. I'm hoping the quality foundation means that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will continue the trend of stellar enhanced versions, but I don't like that they've split it in two, and we know so little about what will actually be enhanced that I'm not going to put all my hopes and dreams on it just yet.

Issues I had with Sun and Moon were that the Pokemon distribution was lacking, and I wanted the ultra beasts to have more of a presence in the main story, rather than being the postgame mini-story. I would have liked things flipped, with ultra beasts being the focus of the main game, and the founding of the formal pokemon league being the post-game.
>>
Disappointed with the fact that mah boi Necrozma gets relegated to fusion fodder, but at least Liger Zero Jager looks cool
>>
>>379529330
>No post game
There is post game though? Just because you personally didn't like it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You shouldn't really even expect much post game in the first games of a generation anyway. This has been standard for Pokemon for years.
>>
>>379529180
>but not the worst either.
true oras were worse
>>
>>379529065
Yeah, I never really got what people's problem with trainers only having one Pokemon was, I was always underleveled because of that.
Didn't even discover that one restaurant where you could rebattle trainers until the postgame either.
>>
>>379528531
You guy get fucking shinies my nig
>>
>>379529493
>best base version
Are you out of your mind?
>>
>>379526120

Alpha Sapphire was my first Pokemon game since Emerald on the GBA.. and I liked it. Whats so wrong with it?

I was able to get almost all legendaries on AS, and almost all mythicals too thanks to last year's 20th Anniversary celebration.
>>
>>379528824
>shit story
I rather fight against some megalomaniac faggot with stupid air that wanna destroy the world rather than some crazy bitch that wanna get fucked by jelly.
>whole routes filled with more old mons than new ones
The gen 6 designs are way more interesting than the gen 7 designs, gen 7 had a ton of gen 1 shit too and the alolan forms are fuck ugly.
>routes are fucking streamlined while in sun moon you had sometimes secret passages or search for items
Both games ave crappy routes.
>all this fucking kanto pandering
gen 7 is even worst you might not get a gen 1 starter but you can still get all the alolan shit
>here is the secret mon, mewtu in a room.
legends are shit and I give 0 fucks about them
>destroying gen3 with the remake
Don't worry gen 7 will fuck the gen 4 remake even harder.
>>
>>379529252
Want to try that again?
>>
File: 1495343094301.png (2KB, 242x66px) Image search: [Google]
1495343094301.png
2KB, 242x66px
>>379529065
How? How the fuck... how can one person suck so fucking bad.
>>
Do you at least need one sixth gen game to use the Poketransporter app?
>>
>>379525052
It further encapsulates what is wrong with modern pokemons since gen 2: too much focus on story and world building, less on exploration and adventure. Combine with the screwed level progression, the constant road blocking, baby sitting, and underwhelming post game keeps it out of my top 5 games. It left a bad taste, similar to BW except BW had protags that I found appealing and better pokes and progression.

The only redeeming quality is Team Skull. Sure they are useless, but that's what makes them endearing. They are less relevant to the plot than Team Rocket, and that's a good thing.
>>
>>379529634
I said in a while, not ever. I liked it more than DP, BW, and XY. Not really interested in arguing about it.
>>
>>379529082
Alola forms is for you the same as
>you remember viridian forest here is the same
>you remember snorlax here wake another one up :^)
>oh here is your second starter! A kanto starter and you will also get a megastone for them :) not for your real starter who cares about it?
>oh yeah look a cave where is some strong pokemon! But finish the league first...it's mewtu again! Without a dungeon
>we give mewtu and charizard two mega evolutions! Because your favourite mons from gen1!
>the roaming pokemons? Look it's the birds ;)

and these are the only ones from the top of my head.
Compared to new monster designs for the old ones, oh my dad and you are from kanto, lillie goes to kanto(which even makes fucking sense because of all japs in hawaii) that's nothing.
>>
>>379529673
I meant what i said. Courtney has rocking tits and a nice ass.
>>
>>379529782
>those shit tier models
>good
Anon please.
>>
>>379529065
You are shit, anon. I hope you know and accept that.

All my shit was getting oneshot by that Mimikyu, and I still won. The secret to a low level run is using items wisely.
>>
>>379529516
You may as well say in non-existent, even after the disappointment of XY and ORAS I was expecting to finally have something to do after beating the league rather than a battle tower copy paste again. But nope. Are you saying people actually enjoy the Battle Maison/Tree?
>>
>>379525052
I feel like the 3DS series of Pokemon games has been leading up to this paradigm shift:
making titles that have just enough content to remain fun through the story but otherwise forgettable and dropped within months, leaving time to grow fond and get hyped enough to buy the same thing again literally a year later.
>>
What the fuck? They are already posting trailers for another game? Is it a new game altogether or what?
>>
>>379525052
I've only played a few hours of it, but I did enjoy the game for my first Pokemon since B/W.

Slightly annoyed that this new game is probably just going to be Sun/Moon Extend though.
>>
>>379529667
Good story
>world is so beautiful..but ebery pokemon must die.
Vs.
>I am a fucking maniac and want to be a goddess
Xy still had lore.

>more kantonpanderinh
Look at my other post >>379529781

Also I love the new designs, I like every design but when the route is filled with more old pokemon than new ones it's shit.

Also gen 7 is over
>>
>>379525052
This is definative proof that pokeautists will eat up whatever gf shits in front of them. It's going to have millions of sales too
>>
File: courtney.jpg (38KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
courtney.jpg
38KB, 564x564px
>>379529924
If you didn't bust a nut to Courtney you are a fag.
>>
>>379530016
Isn't is some kind of upgraded version? not even a sequel just the same game but with the things that it should have from the very beginning but didn't have them.
>>
>>379525340
>>379526602
>>379529180

I find this logic flawed. If S/M were incomplete, rushed, bad, why not release an updated expansion of the game to address those issues? It makes sense and has been done in every generation so far.
>>
Best soundtrack in the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dql0NhQBJ98

I also enjoyed that it had a proper, standard sort of 'jrpg' final boss. I wish they'd do that more often
>>
File: 1470078966035.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470078966035.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
>>379530304
>Best soundtrack in the series
>>
>>379530304
>best soundtrack
Try again
>>
>>379530016
Pokemon Direct had a VERY short trailer for Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, so it's looking to be a sequel/third version. New protags, Fusion forms for the box legendaries, and adding more pokemon to the regional dex is pretty much all that was mentioned or implied.
>>
The game better have perks for S/M like what Capcom does with Monster Hunter. Mostly something to help with the start of the game so it goes by faster. Other things that'd be fantastic is more trainers to battle, more brand new Pokemon, new Alola forms, and a National Dex. Also cut the story in half, I don't play Pokemon for story.
>>
File: sept_p13_05_en_uur.jpg (30KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
sept_p13_05_en_uur.jpg
30KB, 400x240px
>>379530083
I have, but just because a game has a girl with fanart doesn't mean it's good. Pic related is what she actually looks like in game.
>>
File: 1484265471282.png (405KB, 494x441px) Image search: [Google]
1484265471282.png
405KB, 494x441px
>>379530413
>post yfw it has even more unskippable cutscenes than SM
>>
>>379530384

I just did and it still wins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq4IAKE9EhU
>>
>>379529780
>>379529493

>best base version
I guess if you put it that way. The only base pokemon I played first was White and it was fucking awful.

... And G/S too I guess

Actually G/S were pretty dope. What are you smoking?!
>>
>>379530484
>Pic related is what she actually looks like in game.
Blame Nintendo for their shit hardware, besides, she is still cute in that pic.
>>
>>379530352
Gladion/Hau have the best rival themes anon.
>>
>>379530574
Again, I thought they were the best base versions in a while, not ever. I'm a big fan of Gold and Silver.
>>
>>379529932
what, like loads of x defense and heals?
>>
The focus on story was bad, the target demographic prevented anything interesting from getting written (as usual). 3ds is pokemon's worst platform at this point.
>>
>>379525052
>>/vp/
>>
File: 1484900952072.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484900952072.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>>379529065
>he didn't get dugtrio or muk
>>
Sun and Moon really stuck out to me in that it's the only pokemon game that's really -dedicated- itself to it's setting. It's not just 'essentially the same thing but with a slightly different aesthetic' like B/W and X/Y pulled with their regions, Sun and Moon went all out with the whole Hawaiian thing

I don't know where the next gen will take place but I have a feeling it won't have the same amount of effort put into the setting
>>
>>379530054
I still prefer to fight against the guy with no fashion sense, at least his plan is way more dangerous than the jelly whore.

In my opinion giving old pokes new (shit) permanent designs is way worst than a temporal form that is also optional, but fuck no, do you like digtrio? do you like how he can trap other pokemons? well fuck you, have some head & shoulders that is worst than the original dugtrio.
>>
File: 1469506596561.png (15KB, 563x587px) Image search: [Google]
1469506596561.png
15KB, 563x587px
>mfw hacked 3ds
>mfw injecting pokes left and right
>mfw using PKHex to have perfect IVs on all of my pokes and not having to EV train at all
>mfw buyfags have to waste their time grinding
>>
Playing without EXP Share, I started to become underleveled around when I got to the Guzma battle on Aether Paradise, and it continued all the way up to the Champion, so that was a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>379530848
Muk is cool but dugtrio is worst than regular dugtrio.
>>
>>379531000
A-forms are good though. There are some misses, but it's something that I've at least wanted for a while.
>>
I don't know. Never played it. That means it's probably shit.
>>
>>379531137
>PKHex
>Not PKSM
Pleb.
>>
>>379531137
>ha, fags, I play with godmode on
>I beat the game without any challenge!
>bored now, time to move on
>>
>>379530848
>using a mon that always goes second, takes too much damage, no recovery, and doesn't OHKO
>meanwhile Dugtrio doesn't learn iron head until 41.

Shit game with only a handful of good mons that don't get decent attacks until 40. Why does Pikachu learn tbolt @ level 46 when he learned it @ 23 before?
>>
>>379525052
The cutscenes were minor annoyances that did add up, but the one thing that really got to me was the lack of a national dex. The game would have been top tier with it, but it's like a slightly worse B/W.

Alola is nice though, I liked all the new mons, and there were a lot of welcome changes
>>
>>379531323
>grinding endlessly
>challenge

pick one
>>
>>379531137
I did this for online play but quit early on since alola meta was too stupid. They only ban box legendaries for ranked, so shit always gets flooded with those ugly tapu's.
>>
>>379531415

You're not supposed to grind, you dummy. It can be done without exp share and without grinding, and that's where the fun comes in
>>
>>379531137
>hacking in a single player game
?????????????????
>>
>>379531000
Yes. I would rather have pokemon looking different than getting stupid 'only during battle evo' most of the pokemon who got a mega either shouldn't get one or should get a real evo. Just because you don't like the pokemons doesn't mean others don't like them. Alolan monsters were great snd I hope we will get more region variants
>>
File: top_0000.jpg (143KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0000.jpg
143KB, 400x240px
Easily in the top 3 in the series.
However full priced third versions like Crystal, Emerald and Platinum are anti-consumer, unless they convert it to DLC for those that already have SM.

>postgame
Grow up, you can either replay the game, all pokemon games have fundamentally great replayability. Or you can play another videogame like an adult and not a /vp/ austist.

>cutscenes
A great step forward from the dumb over the top dialog with no expressions, this is 2017.
My only gripe is to let the player skip them with Start like in FireEmblems.
Time to introduce voice acting too, they do have the budget.

Top tier soundtrack as always (pretending ORAS doesn't exist)
>>
>>379531415
>grinding in pokemon
>>
>>379531137

You realize you are just taking away the whole point of Pokemon, right? To get a random weak mon and train it to be the best that it can be. That is the whole point of the damn series and you are just taking away the experience for yourself.

But to each their own I guess.
>>
>>379531486

Who the fuck plays pokemon for the single player? It's always throwaway. I always thought the appeal was for the multiplayer meta, and seeing how it changed with each gen
>>
>>379531486
There's online battles too.

>>379531479
You have to grind if you want a poke that wont die instantly online. Also if you want to play a hardmode romhack.
>>
>>379531523
>Easily in the top 3 in the series.
No
>>
>>379531620
not even a little bit.
I like seeing the team I can build by playing normally each time.
>>
>>379531523
>current year
damn, your bait wasn't too shabby at first.
>>
>>379525052
SM was okay, too many cutscenes for my liking. if USM adds pokemon following you in the overworld it'd be nice
>>
>>379525052
It was different from other games in the series. It has some glaring flaws but it was enjoyable.
I really really hope USUM goes full B2W2 with the available mons. 300 Pokemon is pathetic.
>>
>>379525971
How was it any different? I'm trying to wrap my head around of how doing what seems to be a alpha turbo edition of pokemon is a good idea. It is like they are taking jewish lessons from Capcom
>>
>>379530239
Because GameFreak, the amount of effort they put into their games is inconsistent, as far as we know USUMO could completely ignore the issues
>>
>>379531534
>To get a random weak mon and train it to be the best that it can be.

But that's wrong, everyone egg grinds for a perfect IV mon then EV trains it. Either way you're getting a specifically statted pokmeon, just one way takes a shit ton of boring grind and the other way doesn't
>>
>>379531534
>To get a random weak mon and train it to be the best that it can be. That is the whole point of the damn series and you are just taking away the experience for yourself.

That stopped being a viable goal in the 3rd gen when EV and IV training started becoming popular and every pokemon that didn't have a perfect nature and whatever got their shit kicked in, who the fuck wants to waste HOURS doing that shit? When you can just hack your 3ds and do it instantly.
>>
>>379531214
I don't want redesigns I want new monsters, megas are fine because it is more like a battle mechanic rather than a redesign.

fucking damn if the want to create a snow fox they can create a new fox, not use the same fucking pokemon, paint it white and call it a day.

Do they want a magnetic rock? well don't fucking use golem put it an ugly beard and tell that it is the new hot shit.

Alolan form = missed opportunity and potential new pokemon, fuck alolan forms.
>>
>>379531803
>too many cutscenes for my liking
They just wanted to show off the fact that they could actually animate now.
>>
>>379531620
I love pokemon single players. as the other guy said, its always fun to build up a team.
I see pokemon games as vacations. They are way more casual than games I usually play but I've loved them from such a young age that I don't give a shit. Its just a fun way to escape the real world for a while.
>>
File: tumblr_olspqaVPMy1u9ru6ro1_500.png (311KB, 500x929px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olspqaVPMy1u9ru6ro1_500.png
311KB, 500x929px
>>
>>379525052
>What is /v/'s verdict on pokemon sun and moon?

It was okay. Some neat new monsters, most were garbage. Although introducing "Alolan" versions of some of the original 150 was an obvious ploy to exploit peoples' nostalgia, I loved it. Would never play through it again though.

>Also is anybody actually excited for their ultra versions?

Fuck no.
>>
151 replies ehh gen 1
>>
>>379531887
>I don't want redesigns I want new monsters

There's a large number of people who thought it would be cool if pokemon had difference between regions. Instead of seeing it as 'a missed opportunity for new pokemon' I see it as finally implementing a feature that was long coming

I hope they expand the concept and give pokemon other regional mutations as well
>>
>>379531853
>>379531875

I guess you guys are more into competitive play. I just play the story mode and that's about it.
>>
>>379532185

Well the post you originally responded to was talking about competitive play hence the backlash
>>
How can people say there excited or not excitex about USM. When they havent shown any features
>>
File: 1451869753325.jpg (74KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451869753325.jpg
74KB, 400x400px
>>379528375
>Why isn't this game open world anymore?
>things that were never true
Go back and play RGBY or FRLG, there is a noticeable decrease in the amount of hand holding and linearity, hell after getting Cut you can explore a good chunk of the region and do the next three gyms and Silph Co. in whatever order you feel like, this would never fly in gen 5 where even facing a gym requires some kind of sidequest or reaching a new town has one of your friends stopping you to continue to main story
>>
>>379531923
where's the ascendance tier for
>rotating several full teams' worth of Pokemon between the party and the PC box
>>
File: golisopod clear.png (164KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
golisopod clear.png
164KB, 398x398px
>>379525052
Good enough game. Not stellar but it was a nice change up from the standard Pokemon formula.
I see it get criticized a fair bit on /vp/ for being too story heavy but as long as it was just for this one I'm fine with it. If I wanted an exact clone every time I'd just play older gens. Also bug type revival after it was largely ignored in gen 6.
>>
>>379531923
This is the laziest attempt at this shitty meme I've ever seen, impressive in a way.
>>
I'm hyped for USUM because almost every game that is like it (Crystal, Emeral, Platinum) are god tier games
>>
>>379532173
In the 10 years I spent online on pokemon communities no one ever said something like that
>>
Wtf is ultra sun and moon? Should I wait for those versions or get Sun/Moon?

I've literally been playing X for like 3 years now, the same file. I mostly just collect Pokemon through Wonder Trade and shit.

Why did they think opening up the safari zone at the END of the game was a good idea? Also I just didn't like X all that much, its ok but I don't know, something about it. The setting for Sun/Moon though looks amazing.
>>
Z moves are cancer. Also they fucked up the bottom screen, the plaza is retarded, and it just wasn't the most fun. I actually couldn't wait to be done with the story. It just dragged on and the constant cutscenes just made me annoyed.
>>
>>379525052
Sun/Moon is to Pokemon what MHGen was to Monster Hunter: shit. MHXX was more shit, so I'm assuming I'm going to hate the Ultra version of SuMo as well.
>>
My favorite Pokemon game was Crystal/Silver/Gold because of the two regions, why has no other game done this? Or have they have?

I find "end game" of Pokemon incredibly boring and a waste of time, so it was a lot of fun to have 16 badges to get.
>>
>>379531890
And yet the MC has that blank happy stare throughout the entire game except for one or two scenes.
>>
File: vikavolt_by_diviningcrop-da8f547.png (736KB, 1600x1246px) Image search: [Google]
vikavolt_by_diviningcrop-da8f547.png
736KB, 1600x1246px
Gen 7 was awesome if you subscribe to best type bug type
>>
>>379532598
I never used a Z move at all, why does gamefreak insist on adding features that they abandon only a gen later? I hate it.
>>
>>379531826
>I'm trying to wrap my head around of how doing what seems to be a alpha turbo edition of pokemon is a good idea
They did this before with Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and B2W2. Spotted the anon who's just jumping on the contrarian bandwagon just for the sake of it.
>>
>>379532654
Galvantula is better.
>>
>>379532529
>Wtf is ultra sun and moon?
It's the second wave of games in Gen 7. Game Freak has been doing this since Gen 3.
It's likely going to be a different game and story, but in the same region, similar to how Black and White 2 was to the original BW
>>
File: 1496911287009-v.png (138KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1496911287009-v.png
138KB, 500x522px
>>379532654
>I'm a trick room player and bug is my favorite type
>mfw I scouted the new Pokemon before I bought the game
I got 3 excellent trick room bugs in SuMo
>>
>>379532645
>why has no other game done this?
Because we'll never have the program genius that was Satoru Iwata
>>
>>379532818

I'm cool with that as long as they still feel like two different games. The region looks awesome, so I have no issues with that.

So it wouldn't be redundant to play Sun/Moon, then an ultra version down the road?
>>
>>379532529
I'm amazed you've waited this long, S/M are almost a year old. I'd say the games are alright and worth it, but maybe you actually should wait for US/UM? If it's just an expanded third version ala Crystal/Emerald/Platnium, then yeah, you probably won't *need* the other two.

If it turns out to be more like BW2, I dunno, I guess still wait unless you have a lot of money to burn on two Pokemon games solely for story purposes. Either way I guess I can't think of a great reason to get S/M over the ultra edition.
>>
File: Hau.png (98KB, 436x408px) Image search: [Google]
Hau.png
98KB, 436x408px
>>379525052

Hau's seen some shit
>>
>>379532645
1. Iwata is no longer alive to save the day at the last second and invent a new way of compressing data to save their asses.
2. Casual players often stop at the "end" anyways so they don't bother much anymore. It also doesn't make the game sell to have extra stuff (e.g. BW2 was one of the poorest sellers).
>>
>>379532886

But what exactly is so hard about programming in another region? Especially considering they have more space now and resources than they did with a GBA color game.

I just want the game to feel big, and maybe less linear and let me do everything under the sun BEFORE I beat the game.

I also with they NEVER gave you that item that shares EXP, ugh. I liked the grind and the challenge, anything to make these games more difficult. And forget just ignoring it exists or not using it, cuz then you're just wasting your time.
>>
>>379532654
My man, gen 7 was heaven after being so barren in gen 6.
Golisopod, Araquanid, your pic, so many good buggos.
>>
>>379533238
>And forget just ignoring it exists or not using it, cuz then you're just wasting your time

This, the games are built around the EXP share now.
>>
File: 752Araquanid.png (155KB, 407x407px) Image search: [Google]
752Araquanid.png
155KB, 407x407px
>>379532858

>This glorious mother fucker
>Water Bubble let's him hit like a truck with 160+ bp water moves
>Fantastic bulk
>Burning things left and right
>Rest and Sleep Talk

Hnnnnng
>>
File: pokefag.png (23KB, 680x522px) Image search: [Google]
pokefag.png
23KB, 680x522px
>>379525052
>What is /v/'s verdict on pokemon
look at what's in his hands, there's your answer as to how long we've held this sentiment before reddit showed up.
>>
>>379525052
SuMo was an acceptable entry. Story was good, region was meh. Railroading was annoying.
I'm still playing the competitive monthly competitions.

Not thrilled about Ultra, but I'll wait for more info.
>>
>>379533238
Not him, but GF is awful at optimizing. Part of the huge reason the games lag so much is because they use insanely high poly models despite what you can see on the 3DS. Iwata also was pretty much the ONLY reason that Kanto made it into GSC because they had fucked up and made the game way too short and still ran out of space. He invented a compression format at the last minute and made it so they could fit a full length game (e.g. the extra region) in instead of a considerably shorter one.
>>
File: 1312405229.pbjam_kutku.jpg (184KB, 711x717px) Image search: [Google]
1312405229.pbjam_kutku.jpg
184KB, 711x717px
>when you stop giving a fuck about ingame teams and roll with a team with like 4 shared weaknesses
>>
>>379533238
>grind is challenge
>implying Pokemon is hard even on low level runs
>>
File: shinydewpiderfromgoogleimages.jpg (10KB, 299x193px) Image search: [Google]
shinydewpiderfromgoogleimages.jpg
10KB, 299x193px
>>379533386
>mfw I got a shiny Dewpider with a semi-passable nature
Lovely halloween color scheme too.
>>
>>379533439
Yeah, /v/ has always hated Pokémon. In fact they hated it so much that they made a separate board just for /v/ to complain about how much they hate it.
>>
>>379533140
Data compression's a non-factor now. 3DS cards are big enough that they could fit two or three of Pokemon X on one if they wanted to. It's a matter of design and development resources.
>>
Should have never existed desu. While I liked the games, they would have been better off on the Switch. The 3DS was fine with XY and ORAS. All GF had to do was release Z. Now because of USUM, we won't see a mainline HD Pokemon game till 2019 the earliest.

The release of Pokken DX also probably means no Smash 5 or 4 port this year as it would get outshined.
>>
File: Sun team.jpg (62KB, 907x236px) Image search: [Google]
Sun team.jpg
62KB, 907x236px
>>379533641
This was me.
Rock, Ground, and pretty much any physical attacker was a problem. Fucking Hala stomped my ass at E4 when I tried fighting him without healscrubbing.
>>
>>379533745
those are post-habbo hotel immigrant newfags who never belonged on 4chan in the first place
>>
>>379533745
I thought it was just the furry containment board.
>>
I fucking hate this 2 gens per system meme. Really diminishes the feel of a new gen.
>>
I'm buying a 2DS XL so I can finally play this and ultras since Citra is a piece of shit made by incompent programmers that can't do his job properly
>>
File: Untitled.png (89KB, 999x263px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
89KB, 999x263px
>>379533859
This is what I rocked in my second playthrough. Heavy fire and flying weakness, Magnezone and Muk where the cornerstones of my team.
>>
File: 1448492872644.jpg (15KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
1448492872644.jpg
15KB, 168x168px
>>379525052
I used to hope Gamefreak would try new things.

SM left me hoping they never try anything ever again.
>>
>>379533775
>muh HD

The lack of Z leaving Gen VI forever shit is a crying shame though
>>
I miss 2d topdown pokemon.

Everything just feels clunkier now.
>>
>>379533774
Yeah but I mean that they don't have someone better at making shit to swoop in and save the day, for anything, not just compression.
>>
>>379534823
It was great the first time, and done well the second time. Then it got stale and they just kept going.
>>
>>379534140
I find your complaint weird because gen 3 is the only single system generation. Like, they've all fucking done this.
>>
>>379525052
They are unfinished as hell, but atleast I enjoyed it
Im pirating the ultra versions
>>
>>379534823
>>379534991
What did you think of Lusamine? She just wanted to fuck a crystal meth Pokemon and releasing Ultra Beasts was a side effect
>>
>>379525052
As soon as I heard there was no battle frontier for the original sun/moon, I lost interest. Burned ~200 hrs in XY playing just battle tower and online, got bored and felt bad.
>>
>>379525340
>stops on a low point
>picks up on a low point.
At least you picked up sun and moon and not x and y or oras
>>
>>379535082
Me too, except i can't stand 240p anymore so Citra it is.
>>
I liked Pokemon Moon, I found it really fun.

My only complaint is there felt like fuck all new pokemon, I seemed to use a ton of Gen 1 pokemon and even then it was not even the ones with Aloha forms.
I remember playing a new region and being assaulted with unfamiliar pokemon in the previous games but maybe I was just playing it wrong.

>Also is anybody actually excited for their ultra versions?
Nah seems like a cheap cash grab, looking at their new forms it looks like the fuse with the last ultra beast you catch.
Didn't pokemon Black and White 2 do the same shit?
>>
>>379526649
Black and white WERE the worst when it came out, different but flawed. The B2W2 came out and everyone loved them but not as many people played them cause BW were BW. XY WERE the worst when they came out. ORAS IS the worst. SM aren't the worst, but they aren't even as good as BW.
>>
>>379525052
LONDON
>>
>>379530304
Pfffft. No. It's pretty well agreed that sinnoh had the best, topping it with Pt.
>>
>>379535374
in B2W2 it was justified since they were all originally only one dragon according to Unova's lore.
Beats me why Necrozma becomes Solgaleo/Lunaala's Armor Digivolution.
>>
>>379529637
See all that great content Emerald introduced? None of it is in ORAS. HGSS and even FRLG were much better remakes
>>
>>379535132
More interesting than Lysandre, at least.
>>
>>379536381
>originally only one dragon
And yet you can't combine all three, or even Zekrom-Reshiram. That's what triggers me the most. You don't get to make the original dragon, you can only make 2/3rds of it.
>>
I liked Pokemon Sun and I'm excited for the new games.

The only thing I'm not excited about is having to play at sub 20fps in 240p again.
>>
>>379536567
Yeah, that's one of my main gripes with Gen 5.
That, and not being able to fight against the previous protag, even though Memory Link is a thing.
>>
>>379536406
do you mean literally only the battle frontier or is there something else I've forgotten?
>>
>>379537107
A few places like Artisan Cave among others and not having an apprentice in the game
There's a lot of content that didn't make it to ORAS
>>
>>379531620
The meta is beyond fucked. Which is why I feel the series should be rebooted.
>>
>>379533439
Funny thing is. Pokemon is most casual game. The fanbase don't like that guy
>>
>>129082799
>>379525052
It's shit. Started playing ORAS instead afetr somehow missing it. Any of you fags have secret base QR codes?
>>
>>379525052
So, are US and UM what Yellow was to R/B/G?
If so, it really does sound like a cashgrab since they're releasing two, implying that having one wouldn't be enough to complete the pokedex. They could have worked on Pokemon Eclipse otherwise.
>>
>>379539129
It's probably going to be SM2.
>>
File: 1390872193318.jpg (202KB, 1167x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1390872193318.jpg
202KB, 1167x1096px
>>379533641

>tfw your karenfag team can probably be swept by a talonflame

It's rough being a bugfag.
>>
Kukuri's Snorlax
>>
File: 1489267257244.png (70KB, 250x212px) Image search: [Google]
1489267257244.png
70KB, 250x212px
>>379525052
>beat Moon
>excited for Pokemon Bank in January
>hack 3DS
>Can't use Pokemon Bank
>>
>>379525052
Campaign was playable at the first time, even with the absurd amount of cutscenes. As soon as I got into the postgame I got buyer's regret. I was expecting bw2 and hgss levels of postgame and it wasn't enough, and after Gen 6 that was just the nail on the coffin.

So now I'm pretty much burned out of new pokémon games. I'll stick with gen 2.
Thread posts: 231
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.