[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this true?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 34

File: J1CbtSr.jpg (257KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
J1CbtSr.jpg
257KB, 1600x900px
Is this true?
>>
I'd say so, yeah
>>
>>379520745
Yes, I can already picture the shitposting decades from now.
>>
>>379520745

2 hours of dungeons and no real side-content except rupee fetch-quests says "no"

advice to anyone who legitimately thought this game was anything better than "pretty good": play any other open world game. play fucking dragons dogma, even if its old as fuck and has no variety, it has more variety than "same dungeon boss copy pasted 4 times + the same 5 enemies in different colors walking around the world"
>>
>>379520745

The only thing people talk about with BotW is asking if someone has played it. No one talks about the game itself. Nothing about is memorable aside from the first time you step out of that cave in the beginning. All trash from there.
>>
>>379520745
One of the main reasons why I liked the game is that you can actively abuse the physics and the game lets you get away with it.
Like there's always an intended way to solve a puzzle but who cares if you can "cheat" by abusing physics or bringing in items to let you bypass certain parts.
>>
seeing the eternal salt and shitposting about BotW is like if /v/ was around when OoT released.
>>
>>379521697
It's the only open world I finished, so i'd say it's the only one worth playing. Open world with decent gameplay never existed before this game.
>>
I have a feeling the next open-world Zelda will make people forget about Breath of the Wild.
>>
>>379520745

I believe it's true, for him.
>>
>>379522073
This. It can only improve upon BotW greatly with more content and a better story.
>>
File: 1466729329385.jpg (5KB, 212x249px) Image search: [Google]
1466729329385.jpg
5KB, 212x249px
>>379521426
They had so much time. How did they fuck up?
>>
>>379520745
This will be the OoT of the millenial generation, they will talk about how epic it was and how it revolutionized the industry.

Give up guys, to all the elder lads still browsing this shithole, our time has come, we are no longer the "gamers".
>>
>>379522776
What would a Majora's Mask-like sequel to Breath of the Wild be like?
>>
I wasnt that enamoured with it but almost every single major gaming dev has admitted to playing it, loving it, and having had it change their perspective on open world design. I mean, I liked it, but it wasn't that good. I just liked that it wasnt yet another OoT rehash.
>>
Zelda BotW is unrightfully bashed to be an "Ubisoft openworld clone". This is understating its effect though; it literally takes that core concept and improves it to mirror-sheen perfection.
>>
>>379522837

i don't know, dude. parts of it were incredible, but the parts where LITERALLY ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS COPY REAL ZELDA GAMES they fucking blew it.
>>
>>379523229

actually good unlike breath-of-the-no-content-and-cool-physics-to-appeal-to-redditors
>>
>>379520745
>Nintendo Force
more like nintendo defense force
>>
>>379522073
I really doubt it. Majora's Mask pretty much does everything Ocarina of Time did but better. A lot better. And people still remember Ocarina of Time just fine.

Even if Breath of the Wild gets its own Majora's Mask, and I really do hope it does. People would most likely remember Breath of the Wild very well anyway.
>>
>>379526913
The only reason why Majora's Mask was remembered as well was that it didn't sell as much due to having to buy the extra hardware for the limited power of the N64.
Over the years reddit and tumblr discovered it and realised how amazing Majora's Mask is.
If anything, a new Zelda Majora's Mask type game would be amazing.
>>
>>379520745
Breath of the wild was pretty fucking cool, if not glorious. Yes, fuck yes. I wish I could play it for the 1st time again. Please I want another Zelda like this NOW! fucking NOW! not in 5 years. Bigger, harder, better.
>>
File: 1491950409121-1.png (341KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
1491950409121-1.png
341KB, 500x467px
You will never play BotW again for the first time.
>>
File: 1476465142050.png (514KB, 813x870px) Image search: [Google]
1476465142050.png
514KB, 813x870px
>>379528253
don't remind me
>>
File: 1489777998721.jpg (47KB, 398x356px) Image search: [Google]
1489777998721.jpg
47KB, 398x356px
>>379528253
>you will never unwatch that horrible lets-player that spoiled the game for you because you were impatient

Might as well dig my own grave right now.
>>
>want game
>dont want the paperweight-at-best piece of trash console
>dont have a good PC
welp
>>
>>379527358
>having to buy the extra hardware for the limited power of the N64.
Majora's Mask needed the RAM expansion thing? I must have forgotten that.
Honestly though, I can't remember a single game requiring other than Donkey Kong 64. And the only reason I remember it needing it, is because it was bundled together with the game itself.

I am sure other games needed it too. I just never really cared that much since I got Donkey Kong at launch and thus always had the RAM thingy.
>>
>>379520745
>its an Ocarina of Time level game
>its a Super Mario Galaxy level game
Those are on two significantly different tiers so what did he mean by this?
>>
>>379526334
Are people not allowed to give positive opinions of video games or something?
>>
>>379528740
Majora's Mask needed it, Perfect Dark needed it too but Perfect Dark still allowed you limited access to the game without the expansion pack.

Those and Donkey Kong 64 are the only games I know of that needed it.
>>
>>379521746
except OoT was pretty amazing for it's time.

I think the only ones creaming over BotW are diehard Nintendo fans who only play Nintendo games and therefore haven't experienced the open world games that we all have been playing for the past decade.
>>
>>379523131
OoT was the OoT of the millennial generation.
>>
>>379521480

All of it was way more memorable than TP and SS combined.

>Encountering a dragon for the first time
>Traversing twin peaks
>Hoping into vah rudania
>Road to Zora's domain
>Traversing gerudo canyon
>Getting into women clothes
>Actually getting to the top of death mountain
>Hyrule castle as a whole

It's been a fuckinig wild ride for me.
>>
>>379522837
Had to rush the game out to go alongside the release of the switch so they didn't have a disaster financial year to report
>>
>>379528557
thank god I had the self-control to stop watching before he started doing anything spoilerific
>>
>>379528253
I think you mean I'll never play BotW again. I only replay games with replay value.
>>
>>379529509
BotW's physics engine is pretty amazing for today, no major issues (average player will never encounter any bugs with it at all), and very well tweaked - everything has the right 'weight' to it.
>>
File: 1415174307371.jpg (12KB, 236x234px) Image search: [Google]
1415174307371.jpg
12KB, 236x234px
>>379520745
>Super Mario Galaxy level game

So it's a game I quit playing after the intro stages? Guess I'll fire up CEMU without bothering to find too many plugins then.
>>
>>379529774
Well, I stopped too but I still feel spoiled because the whole game seems like quite an experience, even the early fields.
>>
>>379529834
BotW has okay replay value since you can do it in any order you like, most puzzles have multiple solutions, and there's entire sequences or areas that many people miss on a first playthrough.
>>
>>379530005
I didn't pay the most attention to the stream when I had it open, so I didn't spoil much. I do regret spoiling the yiga assassins though, although I suppose I still got the surprise from it whilst watching the stream that I would've got had I been playing anyway(?)
>>
It does for emergent gameplay what Super Mario 64 did for 3D movement and OOT to a lesser extent did for 3D. Its majorly important, and a great game, but as time goes on and games from this point take lessons from BOTW and expand on them it will be comparatively weaker, probably getting knocked to a 7/10 from it's current 9/10. Just like what happened with Mario 64 and OOT.
Granted, if no devs take any lessons from BOTW and start applying them into their games than BOTW wont end up important. But practically every dev has already said they've learned something from BOTW and want to put it into practice at this point, so fucking unlikely.
Anybody who thinks this game isn't something new, fresh, and important to the future of video games is on the wrong side of history as badly as people in the 5th gen who thought analog sticks were a gimmick.
>>
>>379529509
and the only people trashing the game are people who never played it

that's the way /v/ goes
>>
>>379521426
I played for 200 hours and never felt bored. I'm kind of sad it's over. So there seems to be two camps. People who can't understand how someome can like botw and people who can't understand how someone couldn't like it.

I think the last game I enjoyed this much may have been re 4. Not that it should matter but I'm a multi system owner btw.
>>
File: v_inThe90s-1.jpg (2MB, 1000x4212px) Image search: [Google]
v_inThe90s-1.jpg
2MB, 1000x4212px
>>379530575
>>
It did a good job of feeling like a journey rather than a clusterfuck of small annoying quests like a lot of open world games

having actual SPACE between locations in your open world game does a lot to make it feel more genuine.
>>
File: 1428002238149-3.jpg (10KB, 379x451px) Image search: [Google]
1428002238149-3.jpg
10KB, 379x451px
>>379531895
>Thought prerelease BOTW looked like shit
>Thought leaked BOTW gameplay looked like shit
>Impulse bought it because I wanted one last ride with my WiiU
>Hated the game through the tutorial
>By the time I'm at my first dungeon I've done a 180 and I'm in love
It has its faults surely but fuck me I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life.
>>
>>379531872
Wait for the dlc packs
>>
>>379531872
There's really 4 camps:

1) Those who think BotW is one of the greatest games ever made.
2) Those who like the game but have issues with some of the game's minor niggles.
3) Those who dislike the game because it deviates too far from the comfy staples they're used to having in Zelda games.
4) Those who are assblasted to fuck and will seethe with unchecked rage that Nintendo dared to make a good game.
>>
>>379520745
No, it's just people trying to jump on the hype train, to be part of an "experience". It's overcompensation to the nth degree.
>>
>>379520745
uh, no
>>
Absolutely true.
>>
File: 1495930605170.jpg (10KB, 232x293px) Image search: [Google]
1495930605170.jpg
10KB, 232x293px
Honestly, for me, it was. The first ten or twenty hours were legitimately magical, when I was exploring the world for the first time.
>using road signs to determine where I was going
>asking NPCs for directions
>the beautiful scenery
>coming into Hateno Village for the first time and just spending hours talking to the locals and helping them with their troubles
>something interesting pretty much everywhere I looked
>climbing mechanic completely changed the way I looked at open world games
>sparse, but perfect soundtrack
>a shit-ton of ways to approach any and all enemy encounters
>excellent puzzle variety in the shrines

Now that I'm seventy-five hours in, I've seen most of what the game has to offer, and all that's left are the mid-tier sidequests - but I'm still finding shit every once in a while. I stumbled upon a Goron golf course yesterday. I had no idea that was in the game.
>>
>>379520745
I think so, it is one of the best games I have played in the last decade.
>>
File: 1496125584674.png (83KB, 304x272px) Image search: [Google]
1496125584674.png
83KB, 304x272px
FACT: if Breath of the wild was a good game, every game journalist on the internet would despise it for being too videogamey and not being cinematic enough. You cannot at any point claim that these idiots would ever be right under any circumstances. Only a marketer would argue such.

>m-muh broken clock

You would willingly listen to a clock that's wrong over 86399 times a day?
>>
>>379532309
>3) Those who dislike the game because it deviates too far from the comfy staples they're used to having in Zelda games.
I honestly hate these ones more than the assblasted ones.
>Comfy staples
What does that even fucking mean?

An aesthetic that makes you feel comfortable is what saying "comfy" on /v/ was successfully conveying to everyone who read it for years. And then all of a sudden it turned into a way to justify literally any sort of subjectivity and make it look like an argument.
>>
File: 1496012209586.jpg (67KB, 750x647px) Image search: [Google]
1496012209586.jpg
67KB, 750x647px
Even other developers are in awe of BotW:

http://www.gamesradar.com/were-all-talking-about-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-developers-explain-how-its-shaping-the-future-of-games/

Benjamin Plich was the lead designer on Assassin's Creed: Unity and For Honor, and is currently employed as lead game designer at Montreal's Reflector Entertainment.
>Breath of the Wild showed something most designers already know, but which is hard to achieve... [these games are] evolving from classic open worlds to an open-game model - open progression following each player's intrinsic motivations, adaptive challenge curve and economy, open narrative structures, and so on.
Damien Monnier served as senior designer on The Witcher 3 at CD Projekt RED
>Breath of the Wild has managed to bring classic open world mechanics together while not relying on them to guide the player through its world. You go and explore it because you wonder what's out there, not because a loot icon tells you to.
>My expectations, and I mean for me as a Zelda fan, have changed for sure - they've raised the bar when it comes to world crafting and this sense of total immersion I get when I play it. While its world includes classic open-world activities, collectibles and loot-filled mobs, it definitely doesn't feel overloaded and allows the focus be on the exploration. You want to explore this land whether or not you are on a quest, or being tasked to collect/gather something. You know, If you were to remove all NPCs, quests and mobs, I would still take pleasure in exploring that beautiful world.

Tommy François, Ubisoft's franchise director.
>For every creatives, it's a lesson. The game [BotW] seems to tell us : put yourself in question. We realize that we are far from excellency.

http://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/article/2017/03/17/pourquoi-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-fait-progresser-le-jeu-video_5096048_4408996.html

I guess Nintendo paid them all off, right /v/?
>>
>>379532309
I am the you that you responded to.

I probably fall in between 1 and 2. It's one of the best games I've played but my only comment would be to have deep caves/dungeons to explore. That would make it a 300 or more hour game though and I'm not sure more gf would have endured that.
>>
>>379532768
Fuck the journalists. Developers everywhere have made themselves heard praising the game and how important its going to be for the future.
>>
>>379532768
I wonder if there are people out there who really think this.
Like, if you talked to them about this sort of thing in real life, they'd really say those words to you in response.
I can only imagine the kind of person who legitimately believes these things is underage.

Great bait, though.
>>
>>379520745
It definitely had moments of that, coming from the exploration which is unlike anything else out these. Everything around that though; the story, the characters, the dungeons, the boss fights; keeps it from reaching what it could have been and actually left me disappointed overall. It's like how The Dark Knight, which was mostly a mediocre movie, is remembered so fondly because of Heath Ledger's performance.
>>
>>379526913
>>379527358
No, the true reason MM wasn't as remembered as OoT is simply because casuals couldn't wrap their heads around the 3 day mechanic and whined about it. Trust me, I remember it vividly back in the day. It was what EVERYONE complained about. You put a timer on someone and they'll start to panic and break down.

Also, while Ocarina of Time was a weird game (the Zelda series is actually pretty fucking weird for how popular it is) it was still very much a classic hero's journey. Majora's Mask went off the deep end however, with the story being crazy and off the wall. Less people relate to that.
>>
>>379532593
Honestly after 200 hours I'm still finding shit so you have most likely not seen as much as you think. I just recently found the <spoiler>dark temple </spoiler>and I was like wtf. Makes me wonder what else I've missed.
>>
>>379528557
How the fuck do you watch a Let's Play of Breath of the Wild? It completely ruins the entire point of the game. I mean I could see sitting down with a friend and watching him play because you can say "Oh dude go check that shit out what the fuck is that?" and you have some agency there, but the main strength of the game is being able to go wherever you want. Why tie yourself down to someone else?
>>
>>379532786
>What does that even fucking mean?
It means reassuring tropes. In other words, things like the dungeons, castle town, the epic music, story etc.

I understand exactly why Nintendo left them out but I can also appreciate why some people missed them. I hated the fact Skyward Sword had no overworld to explore. Nintendo will never be to make a Zelda game which pleases everyone because the franchise means different things to different people. Make a thread and ask people to name their top 5 Zelda games and hardly anyone will be able to agree.
>>
File: Untitled.png (162KB, 795x628px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
162KB, 795x628px
>>379532885

>Developers everywhere have made themselves heard praising the game and how important its going to be for the future.
Ah yes, such developers as pic related.
>>
>>379533216
ctrl+s my friend
>>
>it's the citizen kane of our generation

lol
>>
>>379532309
I like the game but think it has some major issues. It's good -- great even -- but I don't think it's some undeniably divine evolution for video games or even the Zelda series in general. It is refreshing, though.
>>
I need help, theres a fucking korok under the bridge over the flowing river in the snow area of the great plateau. Does anyone know how to get it? The river kills me pretty quick because it's so cold and I can't figure out how to get to the korok because the river just sweeps me away. I've had more trouble with this one fucking korok than all of the other 200 I have put together. Am I just a fucking retard?
>>
>>379531895
Holy shit this image is perfect.
>>
>>379533802
Can't use the ice cube power?
>>
>>379533545
desu tlou could score some points in the movie department but not in the video game department, like all recent naughty dogs games
>>
>>379520745
Yes. This man said the truth and the truth only.
>>
>>379533948
I tried that but theres no space under the bridge to raise one. I tried going back over to the other side and bringing one of the big metal platforms and tried to see I could make a ramp but I'm honestly fucking stuck. I bet the solution is easy as fuck and I'm just an autist.
>>
>>379534109

So why is it being heralded as the best VIDEO GAME on the Ps3 and Ps4? Why do devs praise the gameplay endlessly?
>>
>>379520745
Why do people pretend you can only remember good games after a long time has passed? I still remember mediocre and shit games from my childhood like Pascal on the PS1. Hulk on the PS2, and Minority Report on the GCN.
>>
>>379534353
Theres pills for every condition, it might not heal but you will forget.
>>
>>379533017
>I wonder if there are people out there who really think this.
ACfag who also calls BotW a cinematic experience.
>>
>>379534840
That man is a true lunatic
>>
File: 1496422968738.jpg (2MB, 2174x2605px) Image search: [Google]
1496422968738.jpg
2MB, 2174x2605px
>>379520745
It's not even that good. Other games that are considered that good are just that horrible in fact.
>>
>>379520745
Nope.
This is the most overrated game in a very long time. If we do remember it, it will only be because of how overrated it was.
>>
File: zelda redpotioned.jpg (3MB, 2500x5040px) Image search: [Google]
zelda redpotioned.jpg
3MB, 2500x5040px
>>379521426
Right, nothing but cyclops and chimeras in the open world are better variety than enemies in BotW.

No.

Dragon's Dogma is one of the most overhyped games ever made. And you absically just have to consider that NeoGAF loves it. This tells you everything. Meanwhile NeoGAF criticises BotW.
>>
File: 1461298834573.png (117KB, 258x196px) Image search: [Google]
1461298834573.png
117KB, 258x196px
>>379534936
>>379534840

>a game with 2 hours of cutscenes that runs at 30 FPS isn't a cinematic experience

>a game that, despite "supposedly" having 100 hours of gameplay, would be completely and utterly ruined forever if you simply took out the disgusting cutscenes

Really activates my amaretto cream.
>>
>>379532309
Or
5) Those who dislike the game because of several horrendous design decisions that kill what could've been an 8/10 game
>>
File: wildlife ai.webm (3MB, 758x422px) Image search: [Google]
wildlife ai.webm
3MB, 758x422px
>>379535554
It can't be overrated since you can only give 10 points and shit games like TLoU, Horizon, Uncharted, Dark Souls etc. already got 10 points, and BotW is, while far from perfect, a lot better than those games at least.

Reviewers are just retarded, that's all.
>>
File: (laughs).png (26KB, 173x258px) Image search: [Google]
(laughs).png
26KB, 173x258px
>>379520745
>Galaxy
>A memory that will last a lifetime
>a game that we are going to be talking about for decades to come
>>
>379535627
There he is.
Are N64 games like SM64 cinematic experiences too?
And no, no (You)s for you.
>>
When I first slid Zelda into my Switch, I had no idea what I was getting into. I'm a life-long Nintendo fan but I would hardly call myself a fanboy. In fact, I enjoy a few titles for other consoles too. That being said, I can definitively say that Zelda BOTW is, without a doubt, the most important thing ever to happen, both to my own life and to the gaming industry in general. Let me explain.

I have never cried during a movie, tv series, or video game before this point. But within the first few minutes of this game, after I stepped out of the Link’s slumber shrine and into Zelda’s 100% handcrafted world (in my opinion, a world more beautiful than our own), I actually shrieked. I threw my Switch on the floor and covered my mouth with my hand. There was no way this could be real. I thought that God was playing a trick on me. I tentatively picked up the Switch to confirm what I had seen and, to my ecstasy, my original perception was right: Nintendo had finally made the perfect open world. I frantically moved Link in all directions to orient myself in this ethereal wonderland before it dissolved into cascades of green and yellow and blue as tears blurred my vision. I put the game down, curled up into my couch, and cried for the first time ever; it felt so fucking good. A few hours later, I wrapped myself in a blanket and, grinning from ear to ear, I unpaused the game, ready to tackle whatever divine obstacles Nintendo had masterfully placed in front of me.
>>
Galaxy was trash and I am sick of everyone pretending otherwise. There was nothing progressive or noteworthy about it. The only thing that Galaxy influenced was subsequent Mario games for the worse.
>>
>Nintendo magazine literally made to shill nintendo games praises a nintendo game
>some fags on /v/ think this matters
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>379535627
Breath of the Wild would not suffer one bit by removing any of the cutscenes, where are you getting the idea that anything conveyed in cutscenes in that game are important to the overall experience?
>>
>>379526913
Please, MM is the most overrated game in the series. I rarely even seen any praise about OoT, it's all MM now.
>>
>>379535831
However, I still had no idea just how incredible this world was going to get. I remember it like it was yesterday: I was looking for a way to get into the cold region when I stumbled upon a sheer cliff face. Daunted, I ran into it to try and figure out my next move. Imagine my complete and utter euphoric bliss when I started *climbing* the cliff. Then it hit me like a bag of bricks—I COULD CLIMB ANYTHING. I threw my Switch again and started honest-to-God screaming at the top of my lungs. I ran out of my house and into the road and dropped onto my knees. I screamed and screamed and screamed. People passed me and looked at me and raised their eyebrows but I honestly just felt sorry for them. I had finally realized how empty everything had been until this point.

I still haven’t summoned the emotional nerve to pick up my Switch but, safe to say, I dream about that open world every single night and, with any luck, I’ll never have a dream about anything else ever again. If you’ve played it, you know what I mean: the intoxicating shivers that rattled your entire body after chopping down a tree for the first time, the explosion of passion that comes from seeing a sunset, the out-of-body dread when running away from a Bokoblin. I can’t help smiling just thinking about it.

I can only hope that you guys love this game as much as I do and, frankly, I can’t imagine anyone not having an experience exactly like mine. How was your first time playing Zelda Breath of the Wild?
>>
>>379520745

I thought it was up until I played Persona 5. THAT is a game that should be historical
>>
>>379535745
BotW scored

2 points higher than TLoU
8 points higher than HZD
1 point higher than U2, the best rated Uncharted
8 points higher than Dark souls on Metacritic

And Dark Souls at least is better than Breath of the Wild.
>>
>>379535943
It's better than OoT. And if OoT is overrated I suppose that would naturally make MM overrated too. But no matter the case I stand firm on the point of MM being better than OoT.
>>
>>379535962
>Wait a minute that switch....
>>
>>379535813

Let me answer your question with another question: why are you against cutscenes being skippable? Every time I brought up that you should be allowed to skip cutscenes in Ocarina of Time, you called me an entitled autist. Care to explain why?
>>
>>379520745
Yes

>>379535834
Ok, but it's by far my favorite 3D Mario. The gravity mechanics are fun twist on a stale genre
>>
>>379536124
It's the same shit wherever I go, even with my friends irl. "MM is the best, MM is better, why can't more games be like MM?" There's even the fans who lack self awareness and claim it's underrated. The only one who praises OoT are critics now.
>>
>379536303
Who said I am?
And who said that the cutscenes are important to BotW?
>>
>>379535940

So why are they there in the first place? Why can;t I have a version of BOTW that goes beyond making them optional, and just removes them entirely. Remove Zelda, remove any NPC that's not required to beat the game, remove anything story-related, except for the absolute essentials. If you can't do that because "it would ruin the game" then your game is nothing more than a fragile shovelware that uses its story as a crutch.
>>
>>379536484
see>>379536539

If they weren't important, they wouldn't exist period.
>>
File: ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg (57KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg
57KB, 500x667px
>>379535945
No doubt you're taking the piss, but playing BotW was pretty magical for me. I had deliberately avoided anything to do with the game's promotion. All I seen was the trailer from last year's E3. I didn't watch any of the gameplay.

Getting off the plateau for the first time and having a fully realised Hyrule to explore is the first time in years where I had chills playing a game. BotW isn't perfect, nothing is. But it's minor nitpicks never come anywhere close to overshadowing an unparalleled, magical adventure game. Based Nintendo.
>>
>>379521101
TEST
>>
All the cutscenes are skippable. What's even the issue?
Is pressing the X button at the start of a cutscene that much of a hassle?
>>
>>379536539
>So why are they there in the first place?
To provide minimal context to the gameplay and give the player a basic idea and outline of the world of Hyrule that they're in.
How the fuck is that a bad thing in the slightest, Majora's Mask has a lot of dialog and really helps make Termina feel like a dynamic area.
Not to mention in Breath of the Wild everything outside of the Great Plateau is optional so you don't have to watch any of those cutscenes if you don't want to.
>>
>>379536954
>giving him (You)s
>>
>>379536539
Go away, Miyamoto.
>>
Game has no personality

>Xblight ganon x4
>copypaste stables with same aesthetic music everywhere
>copypaste trials with no story or uniqueness to them. 1/4 are just combat trials against the same 1 enemy or "blessings"
>only things to "discover" in the world are 1 of 10~ korok puzzles, samey shrines unlocked by shooting Xarrow type at a circle, forgettable & isolated
npcs with a basic minigame that doesnt evolve in any way and only rewards you with 100 rupees at best
>story is bland af. All in memories of past with no character developmebt for anyone. Ganon has zero presence, you dont feel any Influence of 100 years ago. Show up at city, see elder, find guy, gl to samey "dungeon" to get 5 things and leave. No development or buildup of any of those characters, no influence felt by the rampaging beasts besides npc talk of 'theyre hurting us'
>game is piss easy with its simplistic combat after the first few hours, will never die to any bosses or minibosses except maybe spongey lynels in early game
>scare enemy variety. Hinoxes and taluses copypasted all over. Muldulga? Closest to unique encounter but theres multiple respawning ones
>no memorable, unique, or intetesting npcs
>instead of heartpieces or unique equipment, the most basic sidequests and minigames in series history reward you with basic rupees, turning heart pieces into a nondirect currency(orbs)
>englush va is atrocious

>greatest game of all time omg its a game chabger games will never be the same
>>
>>379536759
>he didn't the launch date trailer
Oh man, you should
The music in that one is god tier and I'm sad I didn't hear it in game.
>>
>>379536894

It's not enough for them to be skippable. They shouldn't exist period. I don't want to pay for cinematic movie trash. Maybe 10 or so minutes of cutscenes if you're absolutely incapable of showing any talent, which I understand in this modern industry, but 2 hours is way too much.

>>379536954

>To provide minimal context to the gameplay and give the player a basic idea and outline of the world of Hyrule that they're in.
And why is that necessary? If your game was fun, that would come naturally without even a hint of dialogue. Look at one of my favorite games, Super Metroid, for instance. Every time I start it up, I want to immediately skip the gigantic boring intro cutscene to get right into the meaty gameplay. I don't need Samus crying or having a conniption fit to tell me I should care. I don't need some garbage plot to string me along, and to this day, I mod Super Metroid to get rid of that dumb intro cinematic. The gameplay is actually FUN and doesn't require tutorials or constant talking.

That is BOTW's major flaw. There should've been no plateau to begin with. I start out in the wilderness and can enjoy the game right away. Another issue is that the game punishes you for exploring, instead of just rushing right to ganon. Terrible game design.
>>
>>379520745
Getting this "epic" talking about video games is something I can't abide by.

But yeah it's a 10/10, generational game to be sure.
>>
>>379536023
>Dark Souls
>A game in which the complete last third of it is unashamedly unfinished and half-baked

Yeah, no. Dark Souls is great but its flaws were massive.
>>
>>379536759
Not that guy. But yeah. I avoided just about everything leading up to the game too.

I wasn't even sure that there were even cities left in Hyrule.
And then after gliding down from the plateau, I found a pair of Bokoblins riding horses. Stole one of their horses. Eventually found my first rupee. And then I found my first NPC, wanting to buy my horse.

And after that I found my first stable, which was right on path to the Bazaar from where you could actually see Gerudo Town. It was absolutely glorious. The Gerudo region is absolutely amazing in BotW.
>>
>>379537176
Yeah, I did go back and check all that once I had played the game. The launch trailer is one of the best video game trailers I've ever seen. The music is amazing.
>>
>>379537332
Different things interest different people. A story may not be important for you, but it helps for some to become more immersed. You're literally shitting on optional stuff.
>>
>>379537589
One of the best thing about this game was how quiet Nintendo was about it. People asked about towns and Aounuma was like "yeah they're in". Nothing extra. Then you go into the game and I'm discovering a small town 80 hours into it.

Looking back, it's like the reverse MGS5: You thought they showed off everything, and then the game released and you realize they didn't even show off 1%.
>>
>>379537814

I'm "shitting" on them wasting a budget on the garbage story instead of optimizing performance and making the game run at 60 FPS. Worse yet, if I want to play through a hard mode, I have to shell out 20 extra dollars. why couldn't the story be behind the season pass? Let me have the hard mode for free as soon as it's done. THAT is why I consider Zelda to be cinematic trash, putting more emphasis on the story than the gameplay. And this putrid, corrupt gaming industry loving the game only supports my thesis.
>>
>>379533545
i really love how you keep coming up with the new filenames for each occasion.
>>
>>379537332
>If your game was fun
Breath of the Wild is fun though.
>>
>>379533243
The only videos about BotW I find myself watching are speedruns. They're fully driven by agency, and they show off a lot of neat exploits I didn't know about before I watched them. The Any% runs are also down to about 40 minutes (with WR being just below that mark), so they're bite-sized compared to many other games.
>>
File: the mantra of the casual.png (375KB, 670x597px) Image search: [Google]
the mantra of the casual.png
375KB, 670x597px
>>379538124

Not if Kotaku and gamespot like it. Remember, these people have said that "games should all come with an easy mode because being too videogamey is a bad thing". You are willingly ignoring 20+ years of corruption, bribery and outright stupidity on the part of these slimy "journalists" for the purpose of enforcing your narrative, that BOTW is good because it's popular.
>>
>>379538034
You're a little naive if the time spent on the story would be spent on optimizing the game. Nintendo is shit on things like FPS and hardware, giving them more time wouldn't have changed anything.
>>
>>379538228
Speedruns are a complete different topic though. I'm talking about Let's Plays.
>>
File: pQo7e8E-6.jpg (43KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E-6.jpg
43KB, 514x536px
>>379538286
>>
>>379538307

Then they should've started removing things to better the performance. Remove graphical settings, lessen the draw distance, take out the voice acting. Whatever it would've taken, performance and gameplay quality HAVE to take top priority over all else, even if your game looks like an early Ps1 title at the end of it. Performance will always outweigh graphics in importance.
>>
>>379520745

Nah. Judging by the past few months, there's nothing of substance to talk about in BotW, it's just an endless back and forth shitfest between people who think it's 10/10 and people who think it's not 10/10. Once it gets a few GOTYs, the shitposting will flare up again.

It may be the first game that people think of in recent years when they think of Nintendo, but it doesn't have nearly enough staying power and people will eventually see it as a great but ultimately lacking experience. Similar to Skyrim and FO3.
>>
>>379521426
Dragon's Dogma is bad in every single way except for the amazing combat.
>>
>>379538034
Aonuma said so himself that the story wasn't a large focus on the game at all, the empasis was put into exploration. You're just triggered at the slightest hint of a dialogue box if you couldn't even accept the background history in Super Metroid.
>>
>>379521426
>>379522837
samefaggot cuck
>>
>>379538634

>Aonuma said so himself that the story wasn't a large focus on the game at all,
That's what Kojima said about MGSV, but 5 hours of cutscenes in that game is still WAY too much. If he truly cared about that, the story wouldn't exist period beyond very, VERY minimal bits. 2 hours is far from minimal.

>You're just triggered at the slightest hint of a dialogue box if you couldn't even accept the background history in Super Metroid.
Triggered? That's a perfectly rational reaction. When I sit down to play a video game, I don't want a cutscene shoved in my face. When I'm exploring an open world, I don't want to be threatened with the possibility of finding a cutscene shoved in my face. I don't want the game to try and convince me to like some crying bimbo whose only appeal is that she shed some tears at some point. You're dragging the game through the mud just to be more "artistic". I shouldn't have to stand for that.
>>
>>379538452
I don't think the cutscenes and voice acting hardly took anything at all from the performance. Did you see the size of the overworld? That's larger than Skyrim, and with Nintendo not being good with FPS in games less than half the size shows that taking out things still wouldn't change anything.
>>
>>379522073
you'll be dead in 2022 faggot
>>
>>379538948
2 hours is minimal by today's standards, in a game with over 100 hours of gameplay that's hardly any time. You're just living in the past.
>>
File: 1496945961481.jpg (264KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496945961481.jpg
264KB, 1000x1000px
>>379532850
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>379538452
>voice acting
>having anything to do with the game's performance
Are you okay?
Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>379539161
>You're just living in the past.
ACfag is living in another dimension.
>>
>>379536023
>this is what souls cucks actually believe

Kill yourself nigger.
>>
>>379538969
>>379539190

>Did you see the size of the overworld?
Size means nothing if you can't have it run at 60 FPS. You're sacrificing performance for graphics and quantity.

If they didn't spend so much time and money on unnecessary things, then perhaps Nintendo could've put that money towards improving performance. But that implies Nintendo is competent. They know how to make money, but they haven't made a good video game in 10 years.

>>379539161

>2 hours is minimal by today's standards, in a game with over 100 hours of gameplay that's hardly any time.
That's the exact defense Dragon Age: Inquisition used. Here, pic related will explain.
>>
>>379520745
They say that as if mario galaxy was good or something. Is this a different timeline?
>>
>>379520745
>Nintendo Force

you might as well have posted fan fiction.
>>
>>379539324
Me or the guy triggered by story? Because I don't play games like AC. Even Pokemon has stories that go on for 10 hours now.
>>
>>379539532
The guy triggered by story, he's ACfag.
>>
>>379520745
I can't even finish it, did the first two divine beasts which probably took me no more than 30-40 hours and now it's really petered off, I feel like I'm just doing the exact same stale shit over and over again which is made even worse by how braindead easy the game is. Might just scrap my current save and start over and try to speedrun the main story and ignore all the side content because it really is fucking awful.
>>
>>379539442
Dude, I think you're undestimating Nintendo. They can't even get ports to run at full optimal performance, you're trying to pin the blame on something that isn't even the root of the problem. All you want to do is get rid of the story and trying to justify it by saying it would improve other things. Nintendo just doesn't have the skill and knowledge to get games to run perfectly.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
>>379539532
>>379539606

>what's that? You don't want your games to be "artistic" and have strong independent womyn lecture you on your privilege? You want an actual video game uninterrupted by story? Hah, how funny!
>>
>>379531895

All true though
>>
>>379540079

And yet, despite this, I should consider Zelda a 10/10 even though it's blood guilty of letting the story get in the way of the gameplay by focusing on their stupid cinematics over actually optimizing performance, and then charging extra for features like a hard mode, for no reason other than they just want more money.
>>
>>379540178
>You don't want your games to be "artistic" and have strong independent womyn lecture you on your privilege
Why would I want the latter? are you saying you want feminist propaganda in your games? Back to tumblr you go.
>>
>>379540295
>it's blood guilty of letting the story get in the way of the gameplay
So you haven't played the game because it's the other way around.
>>
>>379540396
>>379540581

But BOTW IS feminist propaganda. Notice how they have strong womyn who don't need no man, then even though one of them completely screws up everything, I'm still supposed to care about her or her feelings. At no point do I get to flip her the finger, let alone kill her for pretty much causing the catastrophe in the first place. THAT is a case of putting the story before the gameplay.

My rule in a video game is this: never ask me to care for a character that hasn't earned it.
>>
>>379533372

naughty dog has not commented on the game but thanks for trying
>>
>>379540295
No, BoTW is a 7/10, 8/10 at most. Once when you've 100% the game and explored everything, the novelty of exploration wears off which is what the whole games is built on. The beef you have with the story isn't even the main issue here, future playthroughs are completely undermined when the overworld has revealed all of its secrets.
>>
>>379520745
I think it's true. The game has its flaws yeah, but it's the most fun I've had playing a single player game in years. I'm excited to see how they build on the formula.
>>
>>379540746
Oh yeah, Zelda was a real strong woman with all of her bitching and crying and not being able to escape for 100 years.
>>
>>379540947

>Oh yeah, Zelda was a real strong woman with all of her bitching and crying and not being able to escape for 100 years.
I specifically mention that. The game still somehow asks me to care about her regardless of her being absolutely useless and never once making my game experience better.
>>
>>379540746
>let alone kill her for pretty much causing the catastrophe in the first place
How did Zelda cause the catastrophe? If you were to blame anyone it should be king Rhoam for digging up all the guardians to begin with. But blaming even him is pretty silly, it's not as if he summoned Ganon or anything. Ganon appears on its own.
>>
File: 1384454849058.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1384454849058.gif
1MB, 400x225px
I put 200 hours in the game and I loved it, one of the best I've played.
And that's all that matter to me, I don't care about what other people may think
>>
>>379541212

If this game truly gave me freedom, it would allow me to go Mad Maxx on it and kill every NPC I wanted, including the ones I personally blame for messing everything up AND making my journey through the game that much longer and more tedious.

but no, they have magical protection because it would be too videogamey to allow that.
>>
>>379541174
If anything she's my least favorite Zelda ever, people only like her because of those THICC eyebrows and ass, but that's besides the point. I'd hardly call a story a problem if you're not intruded every 5 seconds like Sun and Moon. In fact, the story felt very brief with how much time was spent doing other thins.
>>
File: sad.png (38KB, 283x336px) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
38KB, 283x336px
>>379541559
>TFW reading her diary in Hyrule Castle
>>
>>379541559

That's honestly not enough to me. I've played games that lasted 1000+ hours with less story than Pacman or Tetris. Infact, I'd rather play Minecraft than Zelda, because at least Minecraft doesn't ask me to care about some generic baby girl who can't keep her emotions in.
>>
>>379541559
She's my second favorite Zelda behind Spirit Tracks Zelda simply because she actually has a character. It's a flawed one but it's a character all the same. Also making her a nerd was a nice surprise.
>>
File: 1389995819575.gif (3MB, 244x156px) Image search: [Google]
1389995819575.gif
3MB, 244x156px
>>379541821
ST Zelda is really god tier
>>
>>379541821
I liked the part where she become enthused with the frog, gave me a good chuckle, but that was the only scene I iked about her. If they gave us a cartoon series where we could see what her character is like without the bitching I might like her a lot more, but she just annoyed me.
>>
>>379541804
>Less story than Tetris
Mate, WTF.
>>
>>379520745
I mean lets forget all the zelda shit for a moment

Why the fuck is Mario Galaxy considered so groundbreaking? It just seemed like a normal mario game to me
>>
>>379542402

I know. Back in my day, video games didn't need crying big tit waifus or expensive cgi action scenes to be good. They were actually fun on merit of their gameplay.

I know it's a crazy concept to you young people, so I understand your skepticism. If it isn't like Gone Home or Uncharted, it would naturally look scary.
>>
>>379542134
She is meme tier.
>>
>>379542606

uh Super Mario Galaxy is one of the least normal Mario games without a doubt
>>
>>379542647
You're a faggot if you don't think T-Spin is marriage material. Just leave this board right now.
>>
>>379541559
I like how we got a genuine tsundere Zelda that starded out tsuntsun and went full deredere over time.
I also really love how Zelda in Breath of the Wild is a genuine little dork of a geek.
>>
>>379521426
From what I've heard from friends it's only got five dungeons, so Majoras Mask, and it's got one major item to collect 200 and that's it.

I was hoping for an OoT with 9+ dungeons and a unique time mechanic and interesting and unique side quests

Sadly they have is very empty like most sandboxes
>>
>>379520745
Honestly, this game is so beautiful, it would make me break down and cry...

... if it wasn't so busy breaking my weapons and shields all the time. Why is this a thing? I've only played a bit at a friend's place (just got off the plateau), but apparently the Master Sword breaks, too, but regenerates after a while? That's just... no.

Why have all those cool weapons and armor if they're gonna break all the time? Why not make an upgrade system where you can boost weaker weapons to give them more attack points and abilities so they can match and overcome more powerful weapons, which can also be upgraded?
>>
>>379520745
No, because there is barely any discussion on this game on /v/ or anywhere else.
>>
>>379541559
Not even trying to troll, why can't they make her important? Why can't Zelda be useful or interesting to the story? This isn't some gender bullshit either, it's just that she's in almost every game and the series is named after the character, you'd think after a few decades they'd know how to make her interesting. Midna was easily the best example of a side kick in the series

I mean hell, why not make Zelda Link's side kick? Why has that decision never occurred to the devs?
>>
>>379543424
>only five dungeons
Please tell me this isn't true...
>>
Breath of the Wild realizes the dream of proper physics-based puzzling/combat that Half Life 2 first envisioned.
In that sense it is a landmark game not because it pioneered something but because it finally got that something right.

To all who disagree, please display a game that does this better than BOTW.
I'm not biased, I know there's stuff like Besiege that makes physics important to your creations, but this takes that level of importance and transposes it onto everything in the game.
>>
>>379543862
It's true but Hyrule Castle is by far and away the best 3D Zelda dungeon ever, it's the only one that really captures the 2D ones.
>>
I fail to see how people that have been playing videogames for the last 10 years consider BotW a 10/10 game.
I understand if you came back to vidya after quite some time or if you have been playing only Nintendo stuff. In that case, yes, BotW is the greatest game ever. In any case the fanbase for the game is Udertale-tier.
I didn't have to buy a Switch or Wii U to play it. Maybe that is why I'm not pleased with it.
>>
>>379543638
That's because everyone accepts it as a masterpiece, once games that are close but slightly better/worse come out then the discussion and comparisons will start.
>>
>>379544015
The problem is thats not enough for a Zelda game. Ocarina of Time was ground breaking in numerous ways and it still managed to crank out an insane amount of content
>>
>>379543862
4 dungeons + Eventide Island + Typhlo Ruins + Hyrule Castle (biggest dungeon in Zelda history).
Many people were let down by the dungeons and how short they were though.
I loved them but I am alone in that.
>>
>>379543673
This. Tetra still remains my favorite Zelda since she had actual personality to her and even had the audacity to kick Ganon in the face. She took a complete 180 in her personality when becoming Zelda, but at least her old self came back for a bit in the last fight. I don't really understand why they couldn't just give us Zelda in Spirit Tracks rather than just giving us a piece of armor.
>>
>>379544072
I only ever hear people talking about that one though. Zelda games used to have all dungeons be memorable, or at least a majority. This is some Majoras Mask bullshit without the excuse of a crazy deadline and a ground breaking mechanic.
>>
>>379544243
It's almost poetic that her character just became stale and literally useless when she was revealed to be Zelda. It was literally revealed and then they shoved her in a basement until the final fight.
>>
>>379544228
I was waiting for the game to pull an ocarina on me and reveal something big with more dungeons. Like how we had three and then became adult Link and had 6+ more. I loved Hyrule Castle but it served ad an amazing desert while the rest of the meal was.. scant
>>
>>379544141
No one really thinks this game is masterpiece. Actually, the reason this game doesn't get much discussion is because there's no replay value. The only like threads on the game are slighty related shitposting ones like this or the gay link threads (aka waifu threads). There's not much to this game to discuss.
>>
>>379544353
>I only ever hear people talking about that one though.
Well it's by far the best and one of the best moments in any Zelda game as far as I'm concerned.

The Divine Beasts are really cool and allow for a completely non linear approach something that the 3D dungeons beforehand desperately needed however they all revolve around the same sort of gimmick but the Ruda and Naboris are both great, the other two are pretty lackluster though.
>>
>>379544072
With the next Zelda I hope all of the dungeons are like Hyrule Castle's layout. Absolutely loved exploring that, I didn't like the Divine beasts for being uninteresting and being the exact same design wise. What I liked about the old 3D dungeons is that they had their own unique design and reflected the place they took place in. Forest temple in OoT was covered in moss, Fire Temple felt like the inside of a volcano, future titles need to have better enviornment like this.
>>
>>379529509
Developers have gone on record stating that they are reverse engineering BotW to consider it's mechanics for future game projects. It's not only Nintendo fans who respected what BotW did.
>>
>>379521426
>and no real side-content
So you didn't play the game?

I liked both BotW and DD by the way.
>>
>>379543673
>he's never played spirit tracks
Lmao at your life.
>>
>>379544157
Shave off the tests of strength and ___'s gift shrines, take the remaining 80 shrines and assemble them into 10 big ass dungeons including the labyrinths, trial of thunder/wood/darkness/eventide etc.

Then include the Divine Beasts in that equation.

That's a shitload of dungeons and content, and doesn't include the Riddles it would take to access them, non-shrine activities like Tarrey Town, bowling, seal racing, golfing etc.

Then there's the dragons, compendium, memories, the 3-4 rare horses...

You can even repurpose all the Korok shit as minigames that have all those different variables like the many balloon and rock-tossing challenges, all the towers you have to climb and the various trials that are entailed with that...

I think this game has content, anon.
>>
>I didnt like it
>THEN YOU DIDNT PLAY IT
I want the undertale shitposting back
Im fucking sick of this
>>
>>379544442
Is there something about Hylia's bloodline taking a backseat and being incompetent? I mean, when Tetra's royal lineage was awakened, she immediately changed right then and there.
>>
>>379535610

wtf, I love nintendo now
>>
>>379545168
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>379542606
galaxy 1 and 2 were both pretty jumpnrun games, can't really improve on them.
>>
>>379544768

Developers are scum and you've NEVER once used their opinions before to validate a game's quality. What you're doing is nothing more than biased shitposting right now.
>>
>>379544072
cringiest post I've ever read. You can skip pretty much everything in Hyrule castle by just climbing to the top. There are no interesting items like in other games to find, there are no minibosses in the castle aside from Lynels and literally zero exposition.
>>
>>379520745
It is true.
>>
>>379520745
it's the best reference point for sonyfan butthurt so yes
>>
>>379520745
yes.

twilight princess faggots will never recover.
>>
>>379545620
>the dudes making the games I'm stealing are scum

ok lol
>>
>>379535695
What decisions are these?
Inb4 weapon durability
>>
>>379546028

>the dudes who've literally said that games should have more diversity and graphics instead of gameplay are totally respectable
>>
>>379535610
Man, OoT Ganon was hot. Too bad TP and WW fucked his design.
>>
>>379546216
>every developer has the same opinions, philosophy, ideas and level of importance in the industry
>>
>>379546378

I guess gamergate taught you nothing.
>>
>>379546615
>memegate
>>
Only time will tell, but I think he's wrong. I really haven't noticed BoTW having that big an impact on the gaming industry. Yeah, it got a lot of 10s. But among gamers it hasn't garnered near as much respect as OoT. Admittedly, it hasn't had as much time as OoT yet, but even still, it doesn't seem to be going down the path. I'm not saying BoTW is bad or anything. I do find the comparison a bit disrespectful though towards OoT considering how big an achievement that game was.
>>
>>379547237
Now that I think about it, was there anything in Mario Galaxy 1/2 that impacted future 3d platformers that aren't Mario? I'm trying to think of some, but I can't find any that come to mind.
>>
File: 1-2.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1-2.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>379531895

This image seems to leave out a few details: namely, that back in the day of OOT and Mario 64, you were allowed to like other games and other consoles without being called a retard or a nigger or an asshole. That sadly doesn't happen anymore, as people are very defensive of their favorite franchises these days.

For example, there is nobody on this website who is an idort that also loves the new Zelda. If you were, you wouldn't get so defensive and angry if someone said "I preferred another game as my GOTY". You getting angry over that just means that you're not really an idort. You just want to force people to like your game and your game only.
>>
File: 1496242866149.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496242866149.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
>>379547685
>there is nobody on this website who is an idort that also loves the new Zelda
I just beat Persona 5 on Monday and Breath of the Wild is my favorite game of all time.
You and your hyperbolic statements are part of the problem.
>>
>>379548358

>I just beat Persona 5 on Monday and Breath of the Wild is my favorite game of all time.
And are you extremely angry at, or condescending towards, people who don't like the new Zelda? If so, you're only proving my point.

>inb4 haha you're just salty

pretty much the exact point I was making. Thank you for demonstrating.
>>
>>379521426
I've played almost every popular open world game and BotW effortlessly beats them all by far.
>>
>>379547237
>I really haven't noticed BoTW having that big an impact on the gaming industry

Maybe, just maybe, that's because it's only been out for a few months?

God you people are fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1446360484015.jpg (26KB, 615x347px) Image search: [Google]
1446360484015.jpg
26KB, 615x347px
>>379548696
You haven't played Morrowind though.
>>
>>379542606
Have you ever seen any gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy? Name me one other platformer anything like it (besides SMG 2).
>>
>>379520745
>This is a game that we are going to be talking about for decades to come.
It's been a month and the only people still talking about it is /v/.

But, I guess it makes sense. Leave it to a Zelda fanboy to massively overhype an average/mediocre game and say it's literally one of the greatest video games ever made.

I'll bet thousands that this guy also thinks that Skyrim and Fallout 4 are amazing games that revolutionized gaming.
>>
>>379520745

>where I was in my life

at home at night watching the Ghost Stories dub
>>
>>379549824
THINK OF A BIG BLACK MAN CHASING YOU
>>
>>379548657
>And are you extremely angry at, or condescending towards, people who don't like the new Zelda? If so, you're only proving my point.
No and I wasn't the guy you were talking to.
The only thing I can say for sure is that I want to play Nier 2 so I can try all the GOTY contenders before I make up my mind.
>>
>>379549979

*autistic whine*
Well he's not racist
>>
>>379532158
I know this is super late but I just want to say people like you who are willing to change their opinions after experiencing something are becoming more and more rare and I'm happy you kept an open mind. Video games as a hobby needs more people like you.
>>
>>379532158
I remember feeling the same about Pokemon B/W and now it's my favorite gen
>>
>>379550047

Well, the OP thread definitely doesn't share your sentiment.
>>
>>379551048
Good taste. B/W is rad and did so many things right
>>
>>379551549
Yeah, while it did have the most linear region up to then, stuff like only being able to find Unova pokes until postgame, much faster battles, a hefty amount of postgame for the first version, interesting lore, actual characters that actually develop throughout the story and that wonderful buildup that was the victory road badge check gate was a great step for the franchise
Then came B2W2 and did even better, although it lacked some othe things that made BW great
Wonderful gen, too bad 6 and 7 so far haven't followed up nicely
>>
File: 1422664297122.gif (275KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1422664297122.gif
275KB, 640x480px
>>379532850

>I guess Nintendo paid them all off, right /v/?

Yes. Through that financial "war-chest" you Nintenbros keep spouting about over and over again.
>>
>>379553072

And before anyone goes "b-but they're pure and wouldn't do that" I remind you that these are the same people who take down reviews of their games on youtube, even if no monetization is happening. But it only happens to negative reviews.
>>
>>379553372
They're also the same people who ordered a Yakuza hit on Gunpei Yokoi.
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.