[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

overwatch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

File: FB_IMG_1496949078976.jpg (28KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496949078976.jpg
28KB, 480x480px
alright since /v/ SUPPOSEDLY knows everything and is a master at everything, explain, how are you a grandmaster in overwatch? what exactly are you doing right and the lower people doing wrong???
>>
getting lucky with matchmaking on day 1 of the season
>>
>>379514508
Finding a bunch of beta orbiters to carry me to top 500 as mercy
>>
File: 1494239659968.jpg (644KB, 900x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1494239659968.jpg
644KB, 900x1103px
The one thing,the one single thing GM do that shitters don't do is TEAMWORK
Not dying and staying with your team is way more important than kills or potgs.Just stick together do your role and combo ults.
THAT
IS
IT
>>
You can walk forward instead of acting like the presence of an enemy is a giant wall. People in overwatch don't know how to kill you when you don't stand still behind rectangle man in the maps designed choke point.
>>
>what exactly are you doing right
Not playing Overwatch
>and the lower people doing wrong???
Playing Overwatch
>>
>>379514508
I want Mei to suck on my popsicle if you know what I mean.
>>
>>379514906
this desu.
Why the fuck are games that are so reliant on teamwork today being released with literally no attempt to even teach people how to work as a team / what each characters job is?
>>
>>379514882
I should try this
>>
>>379514508
>not dying

https://youtu.be/_bK-I8uK2n0
>>
>>379514906
How do you deal with niggers that won't join voice papi
>>
I want to impregnate Mei
>>
>>379519685
My nigga
>>
>>379517358
It's probably an assumption from the developer's end thinking that people engaging in a team-based game would think about teamwork which is not something that is understood by a lot of people. In Overwatch, I don't recall any kind of screening that says "work with your team" or something similar before playing for the first time, though I could be wrong. Also, the play of the game feature may inadvertently encourage players to try to be the all-star of the match rather than winning.
>>
File: 1494030223483.png (216KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1494030223483.png
216KB, 872x632px
>/v/ playing video games
>>
>>379514769
>this
I have three accounts and I got gold, plat, and diamond YET IM THE SAME FUCKING PERSON.
>>
>>379519598
why do you even need voice in this game.
there's nothing to even discuss.
everything is instantly transparent.
>>
>>379514508
Mainly just staying alive. Worry about yourself first.

Also, as a healer main, any healer that gets triggered from you spamming heals is retarded and will be left behind in MM. Sometimes we get tunnel vision. Spam that shit and the good healers will heal you (in order or priority).
>>
>>379519845
>I don't recall any kind of screening that says "work with your team".
Is that really necessary though? Would it even make a difference at all if the screening existed?
>>
>>379520837
Honestly, no. It'd still have the same issues. The most it would do is show that the developers at least attempted to teach their players anything about how to approach the game.
>>
>>379521080
Isn't that supposed to be common sense though, at least in competitive?
>>
File: 1462995981970.png (329KB, 767x1129px) Image search: [Google]
1462995981970.png
329KB, 767x1129px
>>379520531
People should call out healing over mic.
"Friendly Lucio half health." and hit "I need healing."

That way I know without looking that hes been hit by a rocket or something and I then hear him call out in game so I can position him in the 3d space I have visualized inside my head if Im not actually able to see him so I can whip around quickly to his vocal line and track him faster.

That info gets to me instantly and I can make that decision instantly instead of having to visual find people.

I wish I had a constant hp meter system like we had in that AI event, so I could monitor everyone's hp.

If I had that, then it would be a lot easier, but you could still help me find your 3d positioning with that voice line.
>>
>>379514508
Always get into a group so you're not just solo queuing with a bunch of random tards. It doesn't have to be a full 6-stack, but you should have at least one or two other guys you know you can work well with.
Always get on voice chat.
Learn the good characters.
HOWEVER play the characters you're best at. If you can't aim worth a shit, play Mercy instead of Ana, or let someone else be Ana.
Following from the above, be willing to work a team comp based on what everyone else is good at instead of picking just the meta like blind sheep. There are multiple Bastion and other off-meta mains in the top 500 even though their mains are garbage, because they're good at those characters and their teammates are able to work around them.
Don't get tilted.
Get good.
>>
>>379514508
overwatch is terrible lmao, i play quake team fortress with goons on a private server
>>
>>379519943
this
>>
>>379522049
>>379519943
omg i love memes you two are so cool.
>>
File: 1496025329705.jpg (105KB, 633x356px) Image search: [Google]
1496025329705.jpg
105KB, 633x356px
>>379514508
They placed high in S2 because the ranking system was totally fucked back then and only did their placements in the following seasons. This applies to 80% of all masters and grandmasters, trust me, there's no major difference in general skill between Gold and Master.
>>
>>379521213
You'd be surprised how many people lack common sense. Even in team-based games, people will play the game with a single-player mentality, that is, they will perform actions that they think is correct and expect their team to follow suit immediately without using any signals or messages to convey their plan. It's a common issue with the majority of team-based games.
>>
>>379522231
>no major difference in skill

Tell that to the fags I get queued with on my smurf
>>
>>379522302
I just started playing recently but have a bit of experience with unreal and shit. I get absolutely triggered by people ignoring the objective entirely. Does this stop happening as I climb the ranks?
>>
>>379522210

If /v/ doesn't play video games is a meme then /v/ isn't actually good at games is a meme too retard.
>>
>>379522231
Are you even playing this game,
I played on my friend account to boost him from silver to diamond, and you can win anything below diamond if you're not a shitter
>>
>>379522357
>actually smurfing

You're one of the reasons why the ranking system is so fucked. Not the most important, but one of them.
>>
>>379522460
no no please keep up the meme spam, it's really cool and I appreciate it. Oh, do the one where wakka is racist I love that one.
>>
>>379522701
So now your shitty friend that you boosted is in diamond. See what I mean?
>>
>>379522440
As you get higher, it gets a bit better, but you will still have the odd case of someone not playing the objective every once in a while. It's something to be expected whether it happens or not. It's something you can't escape unless you go into matches with a premade group.
>>
>>379514508
>what exactly are you doing right and the lower people doing wrong???

It's called, knowing how to aim and knowing when to ult.
>>
>>379522732
If it's any consolation, I play exclusively healers, mostly Lucio, on my smurf
>>
>>379522901
Fair enough. I mostly play fighting games or other 1v1 stuff because team games frustrate me, so I figured I'd ask if it gets better. Having all the golds doesn't feel good at all when you got destroyed regardless and I know if I was playing something 1v1 I probably would have won.

Oh well, the game is fairly fun regardless.
>>
>>379514508
I'm not. I am mediocre at my best and got bored of the same shit over and over and over again so went back to single player games.

Ciao!
>>
>>379522804
this.

Literally everyone from silver to diamond is the fucking same people.

If anything when i got placed in silver, the people in silver actually took the game more seriously because like me they got shoved in their for no fucking reason and we have to climb a thousand fucking sr just to play with people who combo their ults and other common sense shit.

I was in diamond last season and got placed silver this season and now im back in plat but I lose literally every match because half of the time my teammates are braindead retards and the other half we are going like 40-2.
>>
File: 1492814349054.jpg (154KB, 508x406px) Image search: [Google]
1492814349054.jpg
154KB, 508x406px
>grandmaster
>implying I didn't get fucked on my matchmaking and end up in low gold

I got the game just at the end of last season and got low gold, but this season it paired me with nothing but silvers and 4/10 games had leavers/throwers on my team. I did pretty good on my matches, fuck you, Blizzard. I shouldn't get punished for my teammates.
>>
boring game
>>
>>379514508
Bronze- low Diamond, everyone is basically the same shit. After that, better aim, better teamwork, better map awareness and things like that make you climb higher.
>>379514906
Yeah... i mean, if you confront the stats GM have like over 70% accuracy with basically every character and usually headshot everytime they can... but yes, only that.
>>
>>379523210
Stop whining.
Accept that you deserve the rank you get, and gitgud.

About 90% ott, there's something you could have done to turn the match around, whether being a better playcaller, taking a switch to counter a problem enemy, better ability management, killing the mercy first, or whatever.

Its up to YOU to be the person that does their fucking job, and learns from your mistakes.

T. Gold shitter
>>
>>379522804
he only play with my group of friend, we're 6 so I don't see the problem, I had to boost him so he could play with us.
also, if someone got boosted, he will most likely go back to his old shit rank.
I don't understand people that can't accept they're shit at a casual game.
>>
>playing ranked overwatch
>>
>>379522747
wakka was racist, he hated the al bhed
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>Place Masters every season
>Try to climb to Grand Master every season
>Always end up 3650-ish
>Feel mediocre

All my friends tell me i'm great but i think they are lying.
>>
>>379523806
All around me are familiar faces...
>>
>>379523790
hahaha omg im busting a gut. do the todd howard one now.
>>
>>379523561
except im not a shitter and I was diamond but because everyone throws I get placed into shit and have to win over and over and over again to get back into the same place.

It seems the higher you go the less people are actually trying and they just accept they are shit and main one character.

I fill every game and offer to switch anyone any time. I can play any character except hanzo.
But there isnt jack fucking shit I can do when we dont have healers or a tank.

Then I go ana, then my teammates switch to hanzo, genji, tracer, torb, and pharah on attack and then complain that im not healing enough.

Then the enemy team rolls a mercy, genji, and tracer that never leave my side and shits all over my face nonstop and they winston with a pocket ana and 76.

Then one of my teammates dcs.
Then 3 of my teammates waste their ults firing them into the sky.
Then our genji activates his ult and somehow falls off the map.
>>
>>379524409
>tl;dr WAAAAAAAAAHHHH I DIDN'T EVEN READ YOUR POST I'M SO UNLUCKY THE MOST UNLUCKY MAN ON THE PLANET I DON'T KNOW HOW TO QUEUE WITH PEOPLE I ALREADY KNEW, EITHER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>379514508
- Knowing how and when to group.
- Understanding the importance of combining ults.
- Not exposing weaknesses of your hero. This includes knowing which heroes are good in this map/area, and knowing when to switch.
- Knowing how to abuse weaknesses of all heroes.
- Knowing how to abuse highground and knowing how to deal with those who abuse highground.
- Knowing what pressure means.
- Not listening to shit calls and instantly muting people who do shit calls.
>>
>>379523561
>if you can't carry 5 other retards you deserve silver rank lmao

Just listen to yourself.
>>
>>379523591
>also, if someone got boosted, he will most likely go back to his old shit rank.

Only if they actually continue to play. You'd be surprised how many people I've seen that have like 8 hours overall in the last 3 seasons and still talk down to people depending on their rank IN FUCKING QUICKPLAY.
>>
>>379523976
Hey man Todd posting is kinda funny sometimes.
>>
>>379523561
>>379524615
Nice meme you got there.
>>
>>379524615
My friends list is pretty small.
Nobody is ever any good that Id want to add them.
Like 1 in 100 people even use the mic.
Using a mic is kind of a basic requirement for me to add someone.
>>
>>379524837
(you)

Say you're playing in silver.
Most of the idiots on both sides deserve to be there, and thus have similar skill.

But (you), no (you) deserve diamond!
(you)'ve just given (you)r team an undeniable, h(you)ge advantage!

But still, (you)'re stuck in silver all season. Despite having different people from all over the world play on a team with (you). The only logical conclusion is that they're all so bad, and everyone on the enemy team are ALWAYS SMURFS, RITE!?

Really activates those almonds, dunnint?
>>
>>379525396
Fuck, I missed a (you)
>>
>>379523210
>all this entitlement
I bet you voted for Shillary, didn't you?
>>
>>379525396
Except its been like what 5 days or whatever and im not in silver anymore im in plat like I said.

Not all season.
(You) dumb faggot.
>>
>>379525396
Honest question, I'm the guy from early that mostly plays 1v1 games where my rank is 100% on me. If I have most of the golds in most of my matches what should I be doing to win more games? I'm not much of a retard wrangler.
>>
>>379525767
No, wait. Bernie
>>
>>379525767
I voted for trump because I wanted to see people get upset.
>>
>>379525883
dude just git gud haha just get 5 friends and have them all play great and then you easily rank up i mean wow how hard can that be lol
>>
>>379525898
>>379525767
>being proud of voting for the most disastrous president of the century
>also possibly treasonous
>he supports people who do nothing but advance the agendas of the elite
No anon, you are the real cuck
>>
>>379525883
1v1 depends on strats and being able to flex with heroes, and also mechanical skill.

If you're mechanically good (you win alot with soldier, genji, Widow, etc.) work on developing strats with other heroes, like using jump to do a bit of extra damage on Winston battles, or say your turret is destroyed on Torb, and you're in a melee, so you lay down a quick lv 1 turret and shoot like hell, rather than worrying about upgrading it
>>
>>379525948
>every time trump does something else, his supporters fail to discuss how his actions are beneficial at all and focus more on M-MUH LIBRUL TEARS
>>
>>379526149
>not voting for the guy whos at least trying to hide doing naughty things
>voting for a woman of all people who doesnt even listen to her advisors about not doing obvious common sense protective measures
Voting for that dumb bitch is like voting for that one morbidly obese soccer mom that sends people clipart emails and facebook posts

I wouldnt even let that bitch touch my 4p broken controller with the jammed shoulder button.
>>
>>379525396
Skill in a team based game... you really like to meme, don't you? Elo system in this game is completely retard. A team with 4 good people and 2 shittier won over a team with 2 good people and 4 shittier. Still those 2 bad people rank up more than the good people. And that's literally what you need to rank, the luck to have the team with more good people. Cause no, not every silver is shit and not every diamond is good.
>>
>>379526149
>disastrous
Hardly. He's a meme, but (most) of what he's done policywise are good things. Other than that, it's the same old shit.
>treasonous
What the fuck do you call Hillary, then? Pretty much every president, ever, has done fucked up shit. Even Lincoln was a real cock sucker, and don't get me started on cointelpro
>elite
Hahahahahahaha, he's actually cucked more of the "elite" than any president in recent memory
>>
>>379526268
I don't feel I was clear enough. I typically play fighters or whatever when I want to be competitive and I'm not used to having my success ride on a team. If I'm gold in most things and using a hero appropriate for the situation then what else can I really do to secure a win? Just be gold by a bigger margin? When I play a fighter if I play really well I win end of story.
>>
>>379526617
I'm not really following, sorry
>>
>>379526295
Yeah thats it pretty much.
I dont back him at all.
I just like that it upsets people.

Its basically reality television that I got to pick the guy who goes in and fucks up the island and I get to enjoy watching all the other islanders crying naked in the sand curled into little balls.
>>
>>379520448
>bronze player
>>
>>379520448
This. Everything that happens has an audio queue. You can let people know when you have ULT, people should know to wait to combo ULTs. People should know to keep an eye on healers and stick together.
The higher you go the less important voice is ironically. When I got into the higher ranks voice became more about fucking around than actual call outs, the call outs were more because people were goofing off instead of paying attention.
>>
>>379526603
Name one good thing that he's done
Also his """""healthcare""""" and """"budget"""" bills are blatant tax cuts for the rich and increased assrape of the working class, same as every other republican
>>
>>379526714
Basically I'm not used to a team determining my success. If I have a bunch of gold medals meaning I'm the best on my team what else do I have to do to make myself win more often? I feel like I'm losing a fuckload of games while having mostly golds. In a fighting game if I'm the best guy in the game I win.
>>
>>379526912
Learn to accept gold medals don't matter much. I regularly get gold elimins on Winston, just because I got a "piece" of every kill. If you're DPS Focus on improving crit percentage and dying less, as well as positioning.

If you're healer, focus on playcalling, and dying much less.

If you're tank, focus on helping your team gain and keep advantageous positioning, and dying less
>>
>>379523210
>being placed in silver at all
Kek you fags need to realize that you're in lower ranks for a reason.
>>
>>379527496
cause 3 of my placement games someone dced and 2 of the others were thrown by people going attack torb and 1 of the games was 5 koreans who all refused to tank or heal?

Thats my fault?
>>
>>379526868
Well he kept us out of that UN climate deal pushed in by the Rothschilds. If you don't know who they are, lurk moar. The name is all you need to know it's bad news.

He put the HAMMER DOWN on the EPA, and FDA, which sounds bad, if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, but they're the absolute worst offenders in lobbied regulation which is directly responsible for the big pharma problem, and the energy crisis (due to strict regulations on the individual and monopolizing the market)

Dropping some OMB regs to relieve burden on smaller businesses, and the "two out one in" rule to deregulate

TPP withdrawal to bolder domestic growth, as well as punishing big business that moves out of country to get cheap labor.

I could probably go on
>>
>>379528312
Wow. A Trumpette that actually knows his politics...

Who knew?
>>
>>379528312
OH! And let's not forget that dank ass Dodd-Frank repeal!

(granted, that's more of the house, but still)

Can you say, no more bank bailouts?
This is the best news /biz/ has had in a long, long time.
>>
File: EVERYTHING BURNS.png (365KB, 2240x2040px) Image search: [Google]
EVERYTHING BURNS.png
365KB, 2240x2040px
>>379528312
>>379529678

Can someone redpill me on what the fuck any of this means?

t. not political
>>
File: 1422446287002.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1422446287002.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>379522231
>another student took her pencil
>she's the one getting written up
>>
>>379530407
To be fair, "Hanzo main" is a pretty serious insult.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.