[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on mechanical keyboards? Have you fell for the meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: SV5CIZgh.jpg (41KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SV5CIZgh.jpg
41KB, 768x1024px
Opinions on mechanical keyboards?
Have you fell for the meme?
>>
Tactile feedback, much more satisfying than rubber dome squishy shit. Got Blacks for work and Blues for home.
>>
>>379498094
They're fine as long as you don't fall for the CherryMX Shekelstein meme switches or spend even close to 80$. Literally 50$ cheap chink boards with imitation blues is as good as my Happy Hacker Pro 2.
>>
They feel nice and I like the clicks. If I'm going to be spending hours per day on the computer, I might as well buy a good keyboard.
>>
>>379498094
You either buy duckys/ das or some sub 50$ chink shit. Anything and everything in between is meme
>>
Have one of the older corsair models with a alu plate and switches mounted on top, K70 i think. Looks good and works great.
>>
>>379498094
RGB is the only meme. Mechanical keyboards are so much better, but if you get a garbage corsair/logitech/razer board you don't truly experience why. Ducky, Ann Pro, Coolermaster. poker. All good brands.
>>
Yeah, twice.
>>
I enjoy my Shine 3 quite a bit. There's a really noticeable difference in quality so I'd say yeah, it's worth it if you type a lot.
>>
File: Terry is OKAY.jpg (18KB, 444x380px) Image search: [Google]
Terry is OKAY.jpg
18KB, 444x380px
Literally just bought one today and it feels much better. Why do people think big, clickey keys are bad? This is literally how keyboards always used to be.
>>
>>379499125
>No absurdly long range to push down
So not a rubber dome keyboard?
>>
>>379498094
Have a logitech g710 clicky edition.
But more because the indistructible quality instead of the mechanics meme.
Often have my keyboard on my lap, that's why they sometimes fall to the floor.
After killing 2 non meme keyboards in a year I went for the 710 - no probs after 2+ years and 10 drops.
>>
>>379499002
Ducky and Coolermaster better than Corsair (non strafe) in what fucking way? Certainly not build quality.

I dont buy anything from corsair but the k line keybards are solid as fuck.
>>
What mech board would you guys reccomend for an office job? I like blues, but I know I'll have to settle for browns
>>
>>379499743
Definitely not blues because everyone will hate you
>>
>>379499582
>He fell for the corsair makes good keyboards meme.
Garbage, keycaps non standard keys so oyu can't replace them, meme software, over priced paying for a brand name. Ducky boards are great and the coolermaster pro series keyboards are good too. Don't fall for the corsair meme.
>>
>>379499178
Great. People used to live in caves and shit on the ground. Do you want to do that as well?
>>
>all these plebs recommending ducky, corsair, coolermaster, das, etc.
>not recommending the literal king of keyboards.
>>
>>379499845
I'm well aware my dude
>>
>>379500315
If that's what I was used to, then I'd make sense to feel more comfortable with it. I'm sure all the underaged newfags just love their touchscreen keypads for the exact same reason.
>>
>>379499582
My k70 has several dead LED's

meanwhile my few years old Ducky has no dead LED's, and they're brighter than the corsair ones ever were to boot. sorry senpai, they're not worth it
>>
>>379501948
Funny, it's usually the younger gamers who enjoy this sort of thing. Growing up with louder keyboards was a nuisance to most people. But now all the kids talk about the "satisfying" clicking of the keyboard.
>>
>>379502214
It's more because I have big hands and having more room between raised keys to have my fingers bounce off of makes typing easier for me in general. Even more because it's the exact kind of keyboard I learned to type on. It doesn't even have anything to do with video games.
>>
>>379499743
Cooler master quickfire rapid is what i have. This will be the third year that ive had it and it's held up great
>>
>>379502010
Bad luck i guess i have no issues since 5 years.
>>
File: 476832778.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
476832778.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>379498094
>>
They're too fucking loud
>>
I got a Dell AT101W at a yard sale for 5 bucks a few years back. No regrets, it's an amazing keyboard.
>>
>>379500739
I'm sorry I don't have $350 for a keyboard.
>>
>>379498094
>can literally get chink anodized gateron boards with PBT caps for $20
the meme is even considering a piece of shit membrane
>>
>>379498094
I actually have a rubber dome that feels like brown switches.
Well, it actually has a more clear activation time, yet it's quieter than all the others.

All you really need is a high quality rubber dome...
>>
I've had mine for around a year and a half now, and some of the keys are starting to feel kinda sticky. Wat do?
>>
Is this the best thread to ask for a good gaming keyboard recommendation?
>>
>>379499743
get blues with the silent rings

all other switches are utter shit and worse than rubber dome
>>
>>379498094
I prefer membrane. I have an old mechanical dell one and it's loud as fuck.
>>
>>379507646
no

get whatever switch you like the feel
make sure its PBT double shot though. impossible to damage/stain, no jizz issues like this cretin
>>379507551
>>
>>379498094
I fucking love it. I could never go back.
>>
>>379500739
Where's the other half of it?
>>
>>379498094
meh seems just waste of money. used one for 2 days or so, didn't really notice any real difference compared to my 15+ year old keyboard
>>
Still prefer low travel rubberdome
>>
got a boring dorky keyboard with red switches and no fancy features. it feels real good and all i would do is maybe get some dampers so it's even softer. i like being able to not even have to push it all the way down cause it feels like i'm a ghost posting from beyond the grave
>>
>>379508746
I'm
>>379507551

My keyboard is a Corsair Raptor K30.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.