[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will they ever remake this game with updated graphics? Maybe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

Will they ever remake this game with updated graphics? Maybe even use the same combat system as XIV, but it's all XI stuff.

Or update graphics etc and turn game into single player and make it have functions similar to FF12 with gambits. Add online options like dragon's dogma pawn system that allows for you to recruit others characters with their own chosen gambits.
>>
yeah i really wanna stack one attribute then press 1,2,3,4,5 whilst playing FFXI, that would be great.
>>
>>379491880
They could make it a single player game and I'd be okay with that. stories are already there, just make the main character party something like: Trion, Shantotto, Zeid and whatever others idk i was just picking one from each city
>>
>>379491880
FFXI before abyssea was great... even post abyssea it was okay, but after they added ilvl equipment the game turned into garbage. sad
>>
>>379492470
did ilvl equipment mean no need to gear swap?
>>
>>379491880
no that would turn out terrible.
>>
>>379492614

Just made all the gear before it useless and introduced the same dreaded gear treadmill with vertical advancement that's become in the norm in every other MMO.

Fucking sucks. I would gladly drop all my gear post AU to play on an official pristine server with a 75 cap.
>>
For god's sake make the UI and controls more user friendly. Gating the experience behind extremely dated design choices originally intended for console play is not what a sense of elitist community should be.
>>
>>379492953
That's dumb. I thought by adding ilvl equipment it would mean no need to gear swap. but now old gear can't even be used for gear swap?
>>
>muh gear swap
>muh 75-cap
>muh grinding parties
>muh NM camping

every thread. High-level play gives every job much more depth, less of a focus on equipment means that strategy is much more important. Less time spent leveling means more time doing actual content.
>>
File: heathwarrior2.jpg (35KB, 462x799px) Image search: [Google]
heathwarrior2.jpg
35KB, 462x799px
>>379493254

There's no point n swapping in old gear man. all the new gear adds like +50 to every stats, accuracy, evasion, magic accuracy, magic evasion + 200 etc. etc.

It's fucking stupid. You no longer have these cool unique armor pieces with weird stats you have to mix and match. You no longer have to camp monsters with weird patterns or timers. You just go to a book, kill a monster, rinse repeat until you can buy the best shit.
>>
>>379491880
No, it's insanely expensive to remake that amount of graphics assets and they would alienate most of their players who are very nitpicky after 15 years of playing anyway.

Graphics really don't matter to these kinds of games, the most popular ones are wow, lineage 1 and runescape.

Xiv isn't even in the top 10 of most popular.
>>
>>379493558
grinding to 75 was a chore only if you made it be. I liked bullshitting with people for a couple hours at a time so it wasn't that bad for me.

gear swapping was what kept the game going (coupled with low drop rates). sure, you could get a single gear set for the entire game, OR you could get a gear set to maximize every single aspect of your job. if you didn't like this, the game wasn't for you, simple as that.

NM camping was dildos if you did it often enough. bots and all that. it was also great because it added a lot of drama to laugh at
>>
FFXI was a blast
>>
>>379494871
Still is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY_YOY-wWKo
>>
>>379494539
I agree with this for the most part. My favorite game before FFXI was Diablo II. While the loot in FFXI wasn't random, it did have the loot hunting feel to it since you're literally searching for 60+ pieces of equipment for your job.

Monk for example you could have melee sets for accuracy, attack, haste, weapon skill sets where the modifier is strength, one for dexterity etc etc... There was so much to do even if the stuff to do was just spamming the same dungeons over and over.

Before Abyssea there was enough endgame content to keep you busy for months. Sky, Sea, ZNM, HNM, Assaults, Einherjar and probably another dozen I'm forgetting. It all stayed relevant for years too. After they raised the level cap and introduced ilvl stuff most of those things became worthless and no one did them anymore.
>>
>>379495054
combat is faster. thats about the only plus i can see about ffxi today... alienating all the old content in favor of ilvl stuff that you just pop with items or a book is boring
>>
>>379495263
They added all new content, that's more fun than the old stuff.

To each their own though, still has a large enough subscriber base to keep it getting monthly updates.
>>
http://nasomi.com/

This private server would be good if the guy running it knew anything about coding. Last I played there was 400+ people online. BCNM fights were broke though and I didn't want to farm shit for money so I quit
>>
>>379495497
some of it is fun much of it isn't. much of it is just random NM fights that you pop to unlock the next tier of NM fights.

i liked doing einherjar and salvage. i liked dynamis before it was made easy mode. theres not really anything like that now that i am aware of?

hell, most of the game consists of throwing blm/sch/geo/tank at something now. that's boring
>>
File: heathigqira.jpg (31KB, 373x800px) Image search: [Google]
heathigqira.jpg
31KB, 373x800px
>>379494539

This. Hanging out in the dunes/kuftal/altepa/boyahda tree etc. etc. and just talking with your party and taking in the beautiful environments was just part of the game's charm.

Spergs obsessed with levelling basically ruined the game.
>>
>>379495791
Dynamis wasn't fun, 3 hours with 36 people grinding mobs was never fun. I did it twice a week for 2 years, we did it to grind out gear with a 1% drop rate, not for fun.

There is plenty of new content, I enjoyed most of it after coming back. Escha spawned nms, sinister reign, reisen spawned nms and the monthly rotations dungeons. They also redid stuff like salvage which I did a lot.
>>
>>379495864
The funny part is you're most likely playing some shitty wow clone right now that's everything you complain about.
>>
>>379496464
I lost most of my teenage years to XI, I had a lot of fun but also missed out on other shit, wasn't that great that I was UK meaning I was up until 5am doing endgame.
>>
>>379495546
Guy who runs the server is a fucking cunt, doesn't share his code with DSP, forbids talk of anything that isn't FFXI in game and cut off content pre-ToAU even though its mostly available outside of nyzul/assaults/salvage. And god forbid you say anything negative about him, enjoy your ban.
>>
>>379496809
yeah, but sadly every other private server that i looked into had stupid shit added like 10x exp or 3x run speed or starting out with 100m gil.

is there anything better around?
>>
>>379496809
Is there any way to beat FFXI? I want to beat all the mainline games, and so far I have beaten:
I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VIII, XII, and XV.
>>
>>379497004
oh, and VII.
>>
>>379497004
You can do all the story in this game solo now with your own npc companies as party members.
>>
>>379497004
pay for the game for 2 months and you can do every single storyline in the game. anything added before the seekers expansion is trivial and could be done in a week if you wanted

leveling 1-99 takes a day at most now
>>
It's already a single player game. You can play the entire game by yourself, and have been able to do so ever since they added trusts
>>
>>379496464
they redid salvage but it was made worthless again shortly after.

the monthly rotation dungeons you speak of are the ambuscade fights? these are quite possibly the laziest and most boring 'dungeon' fights they have added to the game. find strategy to beat it. repeat 40 times so you can buy all the new gear.

I stand by dynamis though. I never made a relic during that time period so I never stuck around for much longer than the boss. 20+ people working together was fun. having to deal with shit pulls and the 12 mobs that spawned because of it kept you on your toes. never did it twice a week for the entire duration though
>>
File: heathgear.jpg (42KB, 561x800px) Image search: [Google]
heathgear.jpg
42KB, 561x800px
>>379496658

Nah bruv I quit MMO's. I play fightan', TPS, FPS, and Hack n' slash games now.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.