[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 452
Thread images: 72

File: 61329-1-1454560831.jpg (287KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
61329-1-1454560831.jpg
287KB, 1920x1080px
So, can someone explain to me why NV is better than other fallout games? I keep hearing it's the "best rpg of them" but I don't see why? What's the big appeal?
>in4 b8 thread
I have played all the fallout games, I'm literally just curious on why people judge Fallout NV like they do, not looking to argue or change minds
>>
Because contrarian fags hate bethesda now they made it big.
One also has to admit rpg mechanics in NV are superior to bethesda games, although being shit in other areas
>>
File: 5354.jpg (73KB, 546x682px) Image search: [Google]
5354.jpg
73KB, 546x682px
>>379490992
dialogue and lore, it's rpgcodex autists and unknowing parrots.

4 has the best gameplay of the fpsrpg games but that means nothing to them.
>>
>>379491140
gameplay doesn't amount to shit if the setting and the tone is bland and uninspiring as fuck
>>
>>379491218
>gameplay doesn't amount to shit in a video game
>if the setting and the tone is bland and uninspiring as fuck
>buzzwords
>the same 'tone' and setting as every other FO title
This is a parrot rather than an og codexcuck, he has no idea why he dislikes it.
>>
>>379491218
in the other dudes defense, NV had a bland tone imo.
If you know the lore you know the NCR has literally no risk, even with the loss of the mojave. The only reason the legion can oppose them is guerrilla tactics and shorter supply lines. the NCR in New Vegas was made to big, much to the detriment of the story. On top of that the legion is better off losing if you want them to get stronger. They are to hasty to take over and will break their own military by pushing west, as the NCR is shortened and undersupplied in the mojave by the NCR's own standard in the lore, and the legion can't even brute force their way through the weakest area the NCR holds as far as we know in the lore. Meanwhile them losing lets them regroup and grow
>>
>>379491140
>has the best gun shooting

Fixed.

4 is a better FPS, but NV is a better RPG.
>>
>>379491140
I'm playing an RPG, not an FPS you nigger. The gunplay can be great but the lack of interesting shit in the world (literally 2 towns, the bandit arena is a shooting gallery, so is the robot racing track and every single one of the vaults except the one with the mole rats are bandit strongholds), shitty characters (Danse and Nick being exceptions), stupid story and the out of place unique weapon/armor system means the game is still bad.
>>
>>379491547
>gameplay doesn't amount to shit in a video game.
He didn't say that, but fallout games have never been played because the actual gameplay is 10/10, it's for the RPG mechanics and story. I'm glad Bethesda made efforts to improve the combat but at the same time they removed gameplay improvements from previous games and sacrificed quality in other aspects.
>same tone
Maybe as fallout 3, but not 1, 2, or NV.
>setting
Boston is again a continuation from 3's setting but not the others.
>>
>>379491140
Fallout 4's gunplay doesn't amount to shit. If I want to play a FPS I'll go play a better one, if I want an RPG I play a Fallout game.
>>
>>379492428
>I'm playing an RPG, not an FPS you nigger.

You're playing both, you retard. Still you're right F4 was lacking a proper story and rpg mechanics.
>>
File: n3ZCaR0.jpg (181KB, 1013x1218px) Image search: [Google]
n3ZCaR0.jpg
181KB, 1013x1218px
this is not cherrypicking. most of FONVs quests have half a dozen way to resolve them, and those decisions can actually effect the world and the way NPCs treat your character, even in far away areas where NPCs will react to the outcome of your actions.
>>
>>379492547
then go back to the BEV games and stop pretending NV is any better than 3 or 4 you faggot
>>
File: 2984184-7381926902-olUvI.jpg (552KB, 1625x2319px) Image search: [Google]
2984184-7381926902-olUvI.jpg
552KB, 1625x2319px
>>
File: jYhjbMr.png (245KB, 2576x948px) Image search: [Google]
jYhjbMr.png
245KB, 2576x948px
>>
>>379492685
>typing your own text and highlighting to emphasize
fucking embarrassing
>>
>>379492551
It's an RPG before it's an FPS. The FPS parts can be awful but it can still be a proper RPG, and possibly even a good game, just look at 3 and NV.
>>
The lore of NV isn't good and they stopped caring, just look at old world blues and how retarded it is

Did the writers care about lore? Yes, and that shows but that doesn't make it good or great and NV really has nothing special in it

It's just way too safe, the legion, for example, are so unsympathetic and make so little sense you really have to think who came up with that bullshit

The RPG parts are fine, they're just not above average and that saddens me

Dead money is the most fun I had with the game
>>
>>379491140
No it doesnt
>>
>>379492685
When New vegas has a ton of gay characters that's totally cool, not forced

When Bethesda does it tho WOOOOOOOW SJW BULLSHIT WHAT THE FUCK

This board just has a grudge against Bethesda and sucks off Obsidian too much cuz of that
>>
>>379492882
if they didn't do that how would ADD babbies like you be able to understand the image?
>>
>>379492932
I agree. But since Bethesda is bad at making RPGs we can at least enjoy good gunplay which F4 did have
>>
>>379493047
>New vegas has a ton of gay characters

Such as?

The player when YOURE playing doesn't count.
>>
>>379493109
Just of the top of my head, Veronica, gay doctor guy from freeside, the weird tranny blue mutant

I know there's a ton more, I didn't play in years
>>
>>379492428
>shooter and rpg hybrid
Really man?
>>
>>379493201
The mutant Lily isn't a tranny. Pretty sure she used to be a grandma before the FEV. Mutants can be male or female.
>>
>>379492958
The real problem with the Legion is that they clearly didnt have time to give them enough content, which shows if you look at the amount of quests they have compared to the NCR.
Are they unsympathetic though? Obviously yes, but you do get to hear about how their main territory is safe and well run. I think they could've been fleshed out with more time and made as a sort of counterpoint to democracy and the baggage that comes with that, as opposed to a authoritarian state run efficiently.
>>
>>379493041
le contra aryan man
>>
>>379491131
>although being shit in other areas
Such as? The only thing I keep hearing people say is that the Mojave is empty, but the reality is that most of the content is in the top half of the map, and some is well hidden so many people never even discover it. Also most locations in NV are interesting to explore and have relevant backstory while 3 is filled with generic ruined offices.
>>
>>379490992
Firstly, it added a ton of things to fallout 3 to alter how you can play, and builds you can make; things like: ammo types and crafting for them, melee improved drastically by adding various moves you can learn and a much wider variety of weapons, not to mention bringing back traits

Second, the writing way much better in every aspect, there were more varied speech checks for different conversations; in 3 and 4 it's mostly generic SPECIAL stats for checks, NV had them for a much wider variety of skills like survival, repair, etc
also the game had far more options for the ending and factions you could join

Finaly, I think the game world felt more fleshed out, there is very little "filler" in the new vegas map, AKA every area had a purpose or quest attached to it, whereas 3 (much like oblivion's Ayleid Ruins before it) had a ton of areas which served no greater purpose and were hastily designed as places to find and shoot something in, but that's it
on top of this, NV had more communities and fleshed out towns than 3, which gave the world a sense of proper progression; life WAS being rebuilt, albeit slowly; in 3 and 4 this aspect is lost and everyone is living in tiny fucking crumbling buildings that haven't even had the rubble swept away, and communities are 4 houses MAX aside from 1 or 2 locations which had all the actual work put in
>>
>>379492609
There are still only 3 outcomes. 2 actually, independent khans or ncr khans.
Fallout 4 had repeatable quest, which are quick lazy things that are shallow of rpgs, but NV did too. Like the dog tag collections and such. 4 really just needed more quests, but then again I though new vegas did too.
And the "way the world treats you" is just as lazy as fallout 3. Flavor text and miniscule effects.
But then again look at that chart. this is 40% fetch-quest 40% speech-quest and 10% assassination.
>>
>>379493382
Don't know just know it had a man voice in drag

>>379493424
Of course they have fewer quests when most people will side with NCR or house.
Is the number of quests your only proof?
Also they're not sympathetic in any way, shape or form, don't act like the writers cared about making them anything but the "bad guys"
>>
>>379493683
>vegas strip has 15 npcs
>the khans an ceasar's legions are retarded factions no matter how you look at it

And yes a desert as setting is fucking boring
>>
>>379492685
Fallout 3 has more than 2 factions, but most of them are completely minor and usually don't have a single quest. The Enclave faction in 3 doesn't have any quests so you might as well just remove it from that infographic.
>>
File: o-COCKATIEL-facebook.jpg (481KB, 1536x1148px) Image search: [Google]
o-COCKATIEL-facebook.jpg
481KB, 1536x1148px
>>379491140
>4 has the best gameplay
>literally bullet sponge enemies and the same unvaried weapons
>boring, empty world with lifeless NPCs, scripted to stand there and do the same thing
>Fetch quests with little to no thought into writing
>worst dialogue system that gives you no choice
>literally none of the decisions you make affect the world around you
KYS Todd
>>
>>379493109
The NCR officer at the outpost with the statues, the NCR doctor at the Camp Forlorn Hope, Jimmy, Old Ben, Arcade, Christine, Cass, that one prostitute in Gomorrah, and that guy you can offer to fuck in a dumpster during the White Glove questline. I'm not complaining because I'm a huge fag myself but NV does have a lot of gay characters.
>>379493282
I've got enough FPS games, if turning Fallout into a shooter cripples the RPG mechanics then I don't want the FPS aspects.
>>379493424
IIRC Sawyer outright said they didn't have enough time to give the Legion the content they deserved.
>>
>>379493880
I agree, legion is so stupid as a faction
Did these fucking writers not think for a second that if there was one flu season the entire legion would just die cuz no medicine?
That it makes no sense that they're so devoted to ceaser?

So fucking stupid
>>
>>379492609
This is cherry picking at its finest you literal retard.
>>
>>379493880
Yet the vegas strip is still bigger than anything in 3. Put more NPCs in there and the engine implodes anyway.

Disliking the desert is subjective.

I still haven't heard a single pro 3 has over NV
>>
>>379492609
>most of FONVs quests have half a dozen way to resolve them,
not only is that an absolute lie but most of the time there's either an objective best ending (i.e. you get something unique instead of just "heres 2000 caps instead of 1800 caps and a non-unique item") and most of the quests absolutely do not matter

and even then, F3 had the same mechanic, depending on how you ended quests, the news radio bits and incidental dialogue would also change
>>
>>379494095
A ton of people liked 3 more
There doesn't have to be a reason, people just have this thing called taste
>>
Factions and quests pertaining to each faction that you had multiple endings too that would change the way each faction interacted with you and the rest of the wasteland. Most of them are pretty well written and have memorable characters.

You can add content to the game that had to be taken out due to console limitations like Freeside Restoration.
>>
>>379493968
>>literally bullet sponge enemies and the same unvaried weapons
>>boring, empty world with lifeless NPCs, scripted to stand there and do the same thing
>>Fetch quests with little to no thought into writing
>>worst dialogue system that gives you no choice
>>literally none of the decisions you make affect the world around you
literally every fallout game is like this
>>
>>379490992
jesus christ this is the fucking FOURTH thread in the span of 10 hours
>>
>>379494134
Most of them are also not memorable unfortunatly
>>
>>379490992
Fallout 2>Fallout New Vegas>Fallout>Fallout 3>Fallout 4
All the games from Bethesda are over simplified with a shit storyline
>>
>>379494216
>that would change the way each faction interacted with ... the rest of the wasteland.
not a single quest in the game actually changes how NPCs behave towards other NPCs. your reputation can change, but every other fallout game has had quests that can make some group or another change whether they are hostile or friendly to you (or give you better prices or worse prices or whatever the shit)

>>379494308
theres like two good quests in NV. 90% of them are "go to place and push buttan"

Fallout is a garbage series and NV is no better than F3 or 4. it might be better than 1 and 2, but every game from their era were better than 1 and 2.
>>
>>379493814
I'm not really trying to prove anything you are right in that most people do go NCR or House because the Legion are murderous slavers who crucify people.
Some writers clearly tried to put some nuance in, because there are NPCs who point out that somewhere else, the Legion arent huge cunts, but since you only get to hang out with an invading army bent on conquest, yea you're not gonna see any of that.
So my point is that if they had more time, they could've spent more time showing more of what the Legion is "about" besides conquest.
They are modeled on the Roman Empire, which was both insanely brutal to its enemies, but a well run and functioning state at its prime.
In NV you only get to see the brutal bullshit, which obviously leads to them seeming shallow and evil.
>>
File: yes-man.jpg (74KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
yes-man.jpg
74KB, 500x499px
>>379490992
>So, can someone explain to me why NV is better than other fallout games?
it's not the best Fallout, it just the best 3D Fallout which should speak for how mediocre Fallout 4 turned out.
>>
File: Crippling cane.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Crippling cane.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
>>379490992
For me it's the guns. I buy Fallout games to get baked and spend entire Saturdays walking around aimlessly shooting monsters and people I don't like and FO4 got a lot of stuff right on that front but fucked up enough stuff to make the game disappointing for me. I'm currently doing an energy weapon playthrough to see if that's any better.
>>
>>379492609
New Vegas is literally just
>talk to this person
>go here
>talk to this person
>[skill check] convince them to do this
>return to first person

That's like, 90% of the quests desu, just as shallow as 4's go here, shoot something, return.
>>
File: a-clockwork-orange-bum.jpg (27KB, 540x323px) Image search: [Google]
a-clockwork-orange-bum.jpg
27KB, 540x323px
>>379494473
>>
>>379490992
as someone who just started playing NV it just feels like a lot more thought went into it, like me being able to make the android at prim the sheriff or doc mitchell showing me the ink blot things and me being able to say "im embarrassed to say what it looks like" because it looked like a vagina, things like that make the game interesting as fuck
>>
W H A T
D O
T
H
E
Y
E A T
>>
>>379494653
A lot more was cut out of it two like making all factions look both bad and good which is shame.
>>
>>379490992
Core Region
Was mostly made by 45% ex Interplay people who knows how it was built
J.E bike enthusiast Sawyer
Chris THE BEAR AND THE BULL Avellone
>>
>>379494653
so you're deeply impressed by basic scripting? wow

youd lose your fucking mind at literally any other RPG, NV is basic as fuck and basically nothing you do matters at all

the level design is also really shoddy as well, invisible walls and missing textures all over the damn place on the overworld. lots of z-fighting and containers clipping in interiors, too, since some of them were badly made and the objects that make up rooms overlap in spots.
>>
File: 1493230053020.png (23KB, 448x368px) Image search: [Google]
1493230053020.png
23KB, 448x368px
>new vegas has eleven billion sidequests!!
yeah and theyre all like pic related

fonv was one of the few games i bothered buying new, in a store, for like 70 canadian fun bucks when it came out, before tax

worst purchase of my fucking life
>>
>>379490992
very vocal autismos trying to prostrate to each other. the truth is all the fps fallouts are trash tier.
>>
New Vegas' quests can be approached in many different ways depending on your skills, even to the point of avoiding combat entirely.

Fallout 4 is
"Go here and kill some raiders."
And if you're character is really charismatic.
"Go here and kill some raiders and I'll throw in an extra five caps."
>>
>>379495127
>the truth is all the fallouts are trash tier.
ftfy
>>
>>379495321
None of that makes a quest good, I hope you understand this?
How is a boring quest good if it can be done in 4 different ways for example
It's still a boring quest
>>
>>379492685
>15 factions
You even tried to include feinds and enclave which was all cut and has 8 people respectively. The republic of dave had more members. Aside from that the faction system was lazier than FO3's karma systems with all the inconsistency it has, on top of that you don't even get a companion for all factions.
>branching story
So the main quest has less effects than NV? No shit, it's a conflict between 2 factions. And acting like the "different ending" you get aren't just some added flavor text that does anything to the world is ridiculous. Very few locations are involved in the main story, unless you count speech fail fetch quest #44 as "involved"
>content
305 weapons vs 282 weapons. NV has like what, 20 unique weapons to compete with 121?
You like more visual differences, but making a fire ax gray instead of red isn't really that hard.
>hardcore mode is more content
if you like monotony. The fact you can enable it on very easy is funny too.
>companions are interesting
"hey fag, let be queer" arcade has joined
"my wives ded" boone has joined
"raul is old" raul has joined
"veronica exists" IM BOS SHHHH DONT TELL NO ONE STRANGER
considering not all are equal, you don't need to even do a quest for 1/2 of them to join and none can influence the main story, then yeah, they aren't much better.
>284 quests vs 100
284 quests with most being fetch quests, shitty repeatable quests or alternative versions of the same thing. You get to vegas you have 5 quests that all do the same fucking thing, the ending is almost standardized, only thing that changes is the npcs on your side.
Good bait
>>
File: nvquests.png (21KB, 449x385px) Image search: [Google]
nvquests.png
21KB, 449x385px
>>379495321
ah yes such deep and engaging branching quests, you can even avoid combat entirely
>>
>>379495543
>>379495078
Neck yourself. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/G.I._Blues
>>
>>379494531
>oversimplifying every RPG quest ever
Why not just say
>push buttons
>click
>click
>click
>shut down PC
>>
File: 1493233797341.png (12KB, 452x378px) Image search: [Google]
1493233797341.png
12KB, 452x378px
perfect quest design
>>
>>379492932
>fallout 3 and nv are good rpgs
Fallout 3 is my favorite game, but the new series fallouts are pretty weak rpgs all around.
1-2 show you how much farther an rpg can go
>>
File: 1493233133888.png (15KB, 464x546px) Image search: [Google]
1493233133888.png
15KB, 464x546px
I love RPGs
>>
>>379495707
That's what you fags do to fallout 3 and 4 so I see no issue here
>>
>>379490992
Is that Danny Trejo
>>
>>379493424
>the real legion problem
its they are to bad guys what BoS in 3 were to good. Lazy and cartoony
>>
>>379495832
>someone is being retarded on 4chan
>become retarded too
You're a fucking issue
>>
>>379494004
>I don't want the FPS aspects.
ok. other people do.
Seriously, I came to terms with new fallouts being bad rpgs, NV's dlcs being the worse.
>>
>>379493814
If you took the time to actually see where they're coming from, you wouldn't think they're just "bad guys"
Caesar's philosophy is Hegelian in nature: he believes in the existence of "thesis" and "antithesis" (ncr and legion), with thesis serving as an idea, a principle, and antithesis - a direct counter to it. When they both merge, they form "synthesis" - a joint principle, with both the legions and NCRs strenghts, but none of their weaknesses.
This is Caesar's plan when they defeat NCR - they'll raise themselves from tribal status into a full fledged empire, with New Vegas as it's Rome.
Honestly it would require a lot of reading about Rome and it's politics, as well as Hegel's philosophy, which I couldn't be fucked to do.
It was pretty clear that Legion was supposed to have way more quests for them, and Sawyer himself I think said that legion was supposed to have as much land as NCR, with Hoover Dam serving as the middle-point of the map.
Shame about the strict schedule, New Vegas could have been something beautiful.
>>
File: 1492096268302.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1492096268302.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
>>379493424
>we will never get the legion city
>we will never get the same amount of quests that were planned for the legion
>we will never get the countless locations cut from across the river
>>
File: Obsidian-Entertainment.png (92KB, 2000x652px) Image search: [Google]
Obsidian-Entertainment.png
92KB, 2000x652px
Pic extremely related.
>>
File: FONV plot decisions.jpg (268KB, 1535x922px) Image search: [Google]
FONV plot decisions.jpg
268KB, 1535x922px
>>379495828
>implying that quest doesn't have tons of dialogue choices with meaningful impact
>>
File: BeyondTheBeef.png (22KB, 448x491px) Image search: [Google]
BeyondTheBeef.png
22KB, 448x491px
>>379495814
That's why I said possibly. 3 is meh, NV is an improvement but neither can hold a candle to 2.
>>379495828
There are good side quests, your either just being dense or are purposely ignoring them.
>>379496082
>ok. other people do.
Those are the same people who think 4 is good. Do not trust those people.
>NV's dlcs being the worse.
Dead Money is objectively the best the series has been since 1998.
>>
>>379496189
how bad are the animations compared to skyrim's sex stuff?
>>
>>379496108
Obsidian is bad at making complete games

theyre collectively like peter molyneux, over-promising and getting carried away with pre-development shit and then the final product is ass because they didnt prioritize properly. they have a couple of good releases that justify trying the rest, but a lot of them are like Alpha Protocol which is buggy as shit and kinda a bad game, or like NV where it's clearly not finished and it fucking shows

if fonv would have been really great if it had LESS content, but the content there was all better-polished. like the locations and sidequests, yeah sure theres a gorillion of them but 90% of the locations are just random caves or two-tent camps or even just geological formations with nothing of interest in them, and most of the sidequests are just "go to place; kill pests/hack computer" and thats it. F3 had like four quests that werent the main one, but they were all pretty memorable and worth replaying to see the alternative outcomes, even if the premises sometimes got a little silly or they didnt interface with the rest of the game world
>>
>>379495707
>red lucy quests, ncr bounties, etc
literally go here shoot this like fallout 4
>i need supplies, find me these parts, bring me these reports
Fetch quests. Lots of fetch quests. Fetch quests that lead to more fetch quests
>everything else
Speech Craft. boring non-dynamic, unfailable speechcraft.
NV had very few good quests much like 3. Only difference is 3's where a bit less cluttered with fetch quests.
>>
New Vegas is better because it's writing was more competent. Not good, competent. Fallout games, like most RPGs, are glorified CYOA with braindead gameplay. Story is all you can really judge with them.
>>
>>379496361
that quest broke for me so many times because of the heavy scripting, and even then, all the options boil down to "go to place; go through dialogue tree"

there's some intrigue to it the first time but it's not worth replaying to see the different endings for it since it's pretty obvious what happens and the rewards are all pretty similar no matter what

its also kinda dumb that they have an option for just "kill everyone in the casino" instead of it failing the quest. they really tried too hard with that edgelord "U CAN KILL ANYONE!!!" crap
>>
I like NV because the amount of quests, in FO3 it really felt like one quest a location, maybe three if it was a major settlement.

I really like companions in NV, most of the companions in 3 just didn't feel like they had a point, you'd have an introductory conversation and then they'd never talk to you again, while in NV they actually felt more realistic, I fucking loved Raul's general deposition to everything and hearing his stories as an example.

Also I like the lack of focusing on karma in NV, in three you get mercenaries on your ass for having any karma, even if you don't do anything of notable importance but in NV you have a lot of varying personalities that seemingly have their own angles without anything really being tied to a random stat that has no prior use. It felt like they highlighted karma in 3 because it was a popular feature in video games.

I also liked the varrying personalities, You have the power plant employee trying to coast away with doing nothing, you have random merchants fighting for trade dominance, doctors working in terrible conditions because they feel like they're making change, traders had differing opinions on if they preferred NTR or legion.

There's a decent number of other reasons as well but I'm sure none of them are good enough for the anti new vegas birgirade.
>>
>>379496083
Ceaser sucks as a character
Sorry but
>muh antithesis
>muh thesis
Adds nothing to him, the legion are a bunch of slavers, rapists and killers who wipe out cities because they feel like it

There was no thought put into any of it, especially Ceasars backstory

The way his people follow him is nonsense, they have no reason to be that devoted to this man, who is such a prick that he will kill his man for any failure, and will of course kill you for saying something

The mere existence of the ceasars legion is retarded
>>
>>379496361
Yes dead money was the only really good part of NV for me

Also that quests is way too buggy
It sucks
>>
>>379496631
>Not good, competent.
you cant say something like this without explaining further

in what way is NV's writing "more competent" than F3's? it's not like F3 has any glaring plot holes, even WHAT DO THEY EAT memery is trivially explained (rivet city has hydroponic crops, brahmin are raised for meat and milk, other people tend to hunt, mirelurks appear to be the most-hunted thing)

>>379496784
>muh antithesis
>muh thesis
not to mention that that's not how that philosophy works, Hegel wasn't talking about literally going into open warfare, the point is that synthesizing ideas takes both positive and negative affirmations
>>
>>379496646
You're grossly oversimplifying it. You have far more options than the little quest tree makes it look like. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Beyond_the_Beef
>>
>>379496361
>1 result
you like that illusion of choice, huh?
At least in fallout 3 outcomes would be different beyond, kill everyone, eat people, don't eat people all leading to the same damn thing.
>>
>>379496189
Even in sex mods, all the dialog options are the same.

>doggy
>doggy
>or cowgirl, on something so large it's basically doggy
>>
>>379496784
>slavey hurt my feefees
I can feel the asshurt from this post
>>
>>379490992
It's just the best. The setting, the atmosphere, the characters. It all just works.
>>
>>379496906
Ceasar isn't trying to make synthesis, he's trying to rule the region for fucks sake
Also way to ignore the rest of my comment
The writer just thought "wow antithesis, thesis, sounds cool!" and dropped it in
>>
>>379497043
edgy haha xD
>>
>>379494032
haha thats some avant-garde bait
>>
>>379496948
>You have far more options than the little quest tree makes it look like.
and none of them do jack shit of interest once the quest is over

some incidental dialogue changes. that's it. the rewards are all basically the same, the quest doesn't interface with or point you to any other quests, it's just not worth doing more than once

at least in F3, the quests had varying rewards and involved some gameplay and setpieces more interesting than "go around this peaceful area and exhaust dialogue trees".

>>379497086
im agreeing with you, man, muh thesis/antithesis shit was badly implemented and doesnt make him more interesting, it makes him look like more of a dumbass

but not a dumbass in the "i hate this character" way thats actually engaging, more the "i hate whoever wrote this character" way

caesar is a garbage character by a garbage writer
>>
>>379492685
Most of this is a blatant fucking lie.

>storyline
There's a couple of endings based entirely on which faction you side with plus some extra slides depending what side missions you did.

>factions
Most of them have the standard fare for sidequests and none of them will alter the way you go about the main story whether you interact with them not and as mentioned before their impact on the ending is an extra slide in the reel.

>locations
The vast majority had absolutely nothing to do with the story or any quests and in fact most of them that do don't actually become 'active' until you're on the quest that actually requires you to be there and again none of them will have any endgame ramifications unless they're part of the small handful that get a slide.

Why push this incredible lie that there's some sort of intricate interconnected story that will effect things out in the world when they are just as sectioned off and self contained as the other games? You can kill the leaders of the main factions and literally nothing will fucking change at all!
>>
>>379496361
>dead money
>dean always does the same shit regardless of speech checks
> linear as fuck
>fucking with dog is a super important choice I was just on the edge of my seat with
>collars make them npcs essential
>a villain that I couldn't care less about
>stupid "man's greed" ending, but points for trying
seriously? Dead money reminds of of the old games?
>>
>>379496994
No they're not. It's usually something like
>rescue the people at the top of the building and clear out the supermutants
>clear out the supermutants
>go back downstairs and clear out magically spawned supermutants
And quest is over
>>
>>379496994
Are you fucking illiterate? Because you get rewarded no matter which path you choose it means it has "1 result?"
>>379497195
It ties directly into Pheeble Will and can possibly get you banned from the casino indefinitely depending on how you resolve it. "None of them do jack shit" my ass.
>>
>>379497329
and then you get some kind of notable reward for it, at least, instead of a token amount of caps

quests should be major things and give major rewards reflecting what went on in the quest
>>
>>379497187
But wait I'm wrong? How would the legion deal with a virus infection without medicine?

>>379497195
Sorry I misunderstood you
>>
>>379497329
>>go back downstairs and clear out magically spawned supermutants
You realize that there are more mutants in the surrounding area, that can come back from hunting, patrolling or even just to look at all the shooting going on right?
>>
>>379497536
>It ties directly into Pheeble Will
which is yet another one line "hey pls interact w/ item over there pls" quest
>and can possibly get you banned from the casino indefinitely
considering theres literally nothing of note in the casino not related to that quest, this isnt really notable. you'd never go back anyway

even the one where the omertas are gonna put a gas bomb on the strip, that event never happens. nothing of note comes from most NV quests, even the major ones
>>
>>379492609
>>379492685
>>379492852
The only thing Fallout 3 did right was the atmosphere. Point Lookout in particular has one of the best game worlds in any RPG ever by environment and atmosphere.

Too bad it's all set dressing for garbage.
>>
>>379497703
>nothing of note
It's the highest tier of casino in all of the strip, with enough points in Luck you can win 15 000 caps.
And being banned would prevent that.
>>
I think it's because of contrast.
Fallout 3 and 4 fail at being an rpg, no matter how much people praise 4 for its gameplay. They don't give you much choice, though that's more true with 3 rather than 4 because you can pick different factions. But what FO4 makes up for with factions, it lacks in dialogue. Dialogue can be dumbed down to Positive response, negative response, question, indecisive positive response, with the additional "sarcastic" option which usually is cringeworthy at best.
In my personal opinion though, I prefer NV over FO3 or 4 because of how the main story is structured. It feels more organic to do the main story in NV because the map itself is designed to guide you through, at least till you get to New Vegas. Early game is all about finding out who is and where is the son of a bitch that shot you and left for dead, and so you make your way from town to town searching for clues and helping(ot not) people on the way.
In FO3 not only once I skipped through a couple main quests unknowingly, the main quests themselves were more of a break from exploring the world. It almost felt like I was going "I guess I'll do the main quest now".
Also, side quests. Bethesda games have a bad case of "go fetch me some flowers". Fetch quests are not fun at all, and radiant quests are awful.NV has more memorable quests(as in a larger quantity of quests that are memorable) than FO3 or 4.
One thing about NV i'd say is that the world feels a bit empty and dead, and while you could say that's how it should be given how the world was destroyed in a nuclear holocaust I disagree. It's been 200 years since the great war and there definitely could be more settlements or just anything out there in the mojave.
>>
>>379496784
Caesar is the only good choice in New Vegas in regards to lore. NCR is too corrupt and just wants to remake the same flawed Old World. House has no plans to build up the Wasteland is just content to stay in his fortress for all of eternity.

Caesar's Legion and the Enclave are the only two possible saviors of mankind.
>>
>>379497536
1 result meaning
>either friends with white gloves, being cannibals or not.
>they are hostile and killed, and you still get paid
Either way it has no effect on how the rest of the world treats you. If you help them either pro-cannibal or not you can join them and the casino functions the same. No new quests to find "food", or interactivity.
>>
>>379497596
>a-at least
I used to do this when I was in 5th grade and it never made my argument any better. So you get caps, you get payed at the end of a lot of caps. So what? You may poke fun at new vegas for not having incredibly major effects on the wasteland but even less happens in fallout 3 except the occasional big flashy setpiece and most of them don't really effect anything. They're in an isolated bubble and everyone knows this. If you nuke megaton your not losing much, not even one of the best quests in that game, just player housing.
>>379497625
Makes about much sense as those leigonaries and ncr soilders watching me doing something to lower my reputation with them
>>
File: 1493233486114.png (13KB, 456x379px) Image search: [Google]
1493233486114.png
13KB, 456x379px
>>379497892
NV is exactly as bad as F3 in all respects except the setting and level design

I'd rather have fucked up DC and Le Theme Park Wurld XD than an empty desert dotted with literal theme park attractions like a giant paper mache dinosaur and a literal space museum/science centre full of zombies

>>379497936
wow 15 000 fun bucks in a game where money is completely meaningless and you can make that much by selling dropped weapons anyway

>>379497972
>Also, side quests. Bethesda games have a bad case of "go fetch me some flowers". Fetch quests are not fun at all, and radiant quests are awful.NV has more memorable quests(as in a larger quantity of quests that are memorable) than FO3 or 4.
lmao like 90% of NV is fetch questing
>>
bethesda fallout games are more like sandbox games than rpgs

both are fun, it depends on what youre in the mood for, do you want some lighthearted fun to do you want to immerse yourself in a roleplaying alternative universe
>>
File: 1496810331354.jpg (102KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496810331354.jpg
102KB, 429x600px
NV has a lot of routes and ways to play.
4 can give you everything it has in one run. I wanted to replay it but holy shit it was so boring.
>>
>>379498252
also, most of new vegas quests are utter shit to be honest. the main ones are great though, but there are plenty of mmo-tier quests. those types of quests are nearly inexistant in fallout 3
>>
>>379498261
>4 can give you everything it has in one run
>I wanted to replay it but holy shit it was so boring.

but you've never played it
>>
File: Youre wrong.png (15KB, 447x543px) Image search: [Google]
Youre wrong.png
15KB, 447x543px
>>379497703
>which is yet another one line "hey pls interact w/ item over there pls" quest
>considering theres literally nothing of note in the casino not related to that quest, this isnt really notable. you'd never go back anyway
Ulta-Luxe is tied to two other quests besides Beyond the Beef. Quit making shit up.
>even the one where the omertas are gonna put a gas bomb on the strip, that event never happens. nothing of note comes from most NV quests, even the major ones
That went down during the Second Battle of Hoover Damn, you know, when you were on the complete other side of the map.
>>379498092
>No new quests to find "food", or interactivity.
So you're pissed they didn't add fetch quests like Todd?
>>
>>379498191
>le contrarian
just take your (you)
>>
>>379498153
>even less happens in fallout 3
in general, from quests as major as Beyond The Beef, you'd get a perk or unique weapon. like how in the vampire murder/kidnap mystery thing one, you get the ability to either drink blood packs or to deliver them for income, and get the chance at a cool flaming sword schematic during the course of the quest. or how doing research for Moira's survival guide usually gives you a perk related to either how you did the task, or your response to it after. even the Blade Runner ripoff quest with the dude at rivet city nets you a unique plasma rifle and an NPC who can change your face.

there's plenty of quests in F3 that are also just "go talk to this guy" or "go hack that computer" but even those at least had some unique characters doing weird things rather than just "hey its Ranger Andy and he wants you to kill some ants :^)". even if the quest is itself the reward, F3 at least would get you some interesting combat setpieces, have you go through trap-laden environments, or had you do some platforming or swimming. NV usually doesn't even have that, just "well here's some enemies in a place where enemies usually are anyway"
>>
>>379498153
you mean it makes more sense than your rep going down for something the ncr doesn't see you do, as the factions are omnipotent and can feel you doing bad things to them
>>
>>379498153
>just player housing
lmao confirmed for never even playing it, literally the reason to nuke megaton is for a penthouse suite

its not as centrally located as megaton but fast travel kinda invalidates that complaint
>>
>>379497892
>Too bad it's all set dressing for garbage.

It would take ten minutes to figure out if you're even playing Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas. Please don't act like they're radically different just because they upgraded factions and changed some stats.
>>
>>379498387
U wot
I preodered this shit hoping for something good and was utterly dissapointed. It's a pretty decent fps but nothing more.
>>
>>379498624
>It would take ten minutes to figure out if you're even playing Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas.
Don't most PC players install A Tale of Two Wastelands anyway?
>>
>>379498153
>but even less happens in fallout 3 except the occasional big flashy setpiece and most of them don't really effect anything. They're in an isolated bubble and everyone knows this.
While we critique the white gloves, and even better example than megaton in NV
At least megaton gets you credit in either megaton and tenpenny tower directly, it gets reported on the radio and even your papa and others mention it. Tbh it shoulda had more effects like the church disliking you, but at least its less a bubble then the strips quests.
>>
>>379496784
Dumb libtard detected
>>
File: 001.png (144KB, 395x519px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
144KB, 395x519px
Well I honestly don't know what it is but, I recently beat New Vegas and it was really cool.
I never managed to play more than a few hours of Fallout 3.

If i were to give a reason it would probably be the voice acting, it's really fucking bad and samey. I just can't be fucking immersed. New Vegas has some fucking great top tier voice acting.
>>
other than reactivating robots, i dont think any quests in NV actually have implications that reach outside of the quest

in general, it feels like each location and its associated quest were written by different teams -- you can even pick it out in things like how they denote actions in dialogue choices, use of punctuation and special characters, you can really tell that some places were just written by a different person who did not communicate at all with the other writers

its been a long time since ive done an NV run but I remember the quest scripting also changing a lot from place to place, like how quests proceed mechanically. the types of objectives it'd leave, quests having multiple objectives to denote your options, etc.

it's very clear when playing NV that the quests don't really talk to eachother, and the writers didn't really talk to eachother.
>>
>>379491140
Fallout 3 is just generic cod fest garbage gameplay
>>
They spent like three times as many years developing Fallout 3's game world and architecture as they did developing New Vegas. There's a very real reason why everybody hates the desert except a handful of people obsessed with hating Bethesda. You can sense at literally every turn, every second that the game world is not developed with as much detail or interesting architecture, because it simply isn't.

I feel like Fallout 3 could surprise me, New Vegas can't.
>>
>>379498480
>at least
You know when you use this you're compasating for something, right?
Not many quests are like Moira's however and most of them don't have interesting characters. There were so few interesting ones but it did have some decent, good, and even very few great quests. Marriage one is probably my favorite even though I felt it limited some of my options, like asking a few basic questions.
What unique characters. Most of them were generic filler. I hope you realize there are more characters than ranger andy, and I'm starting to think you didn't play it because ranger andy doesn't give you that quest. If you want generic action movie set pieces that's fine but I like talking to interesting characters that aren't defined by one character trait like all of the unique characters in 3 and I don't need constant explosions and whacky set pieces to keep me entertained
>>
>>379499058
>spend half the budget hiring famous actors for va
>don't have enough money to finish the game or fix the bugs

BRAVO OBSIDIO
>>
>>379498503
No it doesn't. So they just happen to show up by the time you're done
>>379498589
So you don't really lose anything at all
>>
>>379498394
Hunting and enslaving people for my own faction if I want to side with it and earn more rep isn't a fetch quest. It's good world building. You fail to realize everything in fallout is either kill, skill-check or fetch. Really the reasons why you do them is more important than them existing, and having to clear out random shit with not end or payoff besides it being grindy is lazy. Doing 4-5 quests of progressing difficulty is good when it leads to some payoff.
Also 2 other quests? Meaning the story one that you can just ignore them, or that just makes you do these quests. Their are 2 quests in the ultra lux, one where you side with ted solve his shit, or one where you deal with him for them. It should just be the same quest, but it is separated to bloat the numbers.
>NV style quest lists if they did megatons bomb
1) quest to disarm megaton
2)quest to kill Mr. Burke
3)quest to blow up megaton
4)quest to ignore megaton for ending slide show
>>
>>379499267
>being this triggered by the phrase "at least"
I'd ask if you have autism, but you like NV, so the answer is clear
>>
>>379499703
>s-stop making fun of me
ok
>>
>>379492609

>effect
It's affect you fucking dunce
SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE PROPERLY REEEEEEEE
>>
>>379492609
IMO this is cherry picking a bit. Besides the khan quests, the monorail quest, the cannibalism quest, and maybe a few others, the side quests are mostly fetch or kill quests. 4 was even worse because quests had even fewer options and resolutions. In my opinion, fallout 3 made sure to make almost every quest iconic and unique with multiple outcomes and solutions (superhero quest, ten penny ghouls quest, replicated man). I'm not saying fetch/kill quests can't be fun but imo 3 is the only one that made it so (wasteland survival guide). Most of the quests in NV were too short and the ones in fo4 were just disgustingly bad
>>
>>379499447
They show up after they hear tons of gunfire on what appeared to be a larger mutant base
I don't think you have heard gunshots irl, they can travel around a mile pretty easy.
Also are you gonna suck NV cock so hard to say more people showing up at their own base makes less sense than being completely hidden by the game's own mechanics, killing a faction member, and still they just know it was you.
>>
>>379499447
>So you don't really lose anything at all
any quests related to megaton (except the survival guide) will be uncompletable for obvious reasons, but yeah, basically

you lose karma, but despite everyone's chimping out over the karma system, karma doesn't interface with a whole lot beyond which companions will join you so it's not like it matters that much

in fact you lose more by disarming the bomb and/or killing burke, he sends hit squads after you (who are independent from Talon Company/Regulators that appear at extremes of Karma)

the quest actually has implications that carry through the rest of the game; blow megaton up and you lose a very central place to do business and miss out on any as-of-yet uncompleted quests there. disarm the bomb and/or kill the quest giver, and you get hit squads sent after you. either way, I think the quest in Tenpenny Tower also changes slightly, and completing the quest at all gives you access to a minor game mechanic (player housing)

as opposed to something like Beyond The Beef, which is about as interesting ("go 2 place + push buttan @ the mans": the quest), but only gets you a paltry amount of caps and some xp and does literally nothing else to/for you.
>>
>>379499590
You could make that exact same argument for the settlement shit in 4. "Attacking settlement X and defending settlement Z are good quests since it increases the power of my own faction."
>Also 2 other quests?
1 other quest, my mistake. The other is Pheeble Will, like I said earlier.
>>
>>379493805
>Collecting dog tags is a repeatable quest
Confirmed for literally never playing New Vegas.
>>
>>379500203
>Pheeble Will
which should absolutely have just been merged into Beyond The Beef, but they just had to pad shit out

reminds me of the inventory in NV, that shit gets so fucking bloated. by the end of the game I have to scroll for like 20 seconds to get to stimpacks out of the aid items menu, its ridiculous how cluttered your inventory gets in that game
>>
>>379500168
>it's not like it matters that much
>mechanics that add roleplaying aren't needed in a roleplaying game
t. Pete Hines
>>
>>379500217
>Collecting dog tags is a repeatable quest
legion ears and NCR tags are absolutely repeatable, the whole point is it's a bounty like the fingers and ears were in F3 if you took that one perk

>>379500345
>mechanics that add roleplaying
you gain or lose in that quest, and it's a pretty big roleplaying decision whether you want to set up to wipe a settlement off the map five minutes into the game

it just happens to also be supported by game mechanics, keeping the game part of the roleplaying game fun
>>
>>379498261
for 4 at least the endings are different
New Vegas has this thing where it makes the story have 5 different quests instead of 1 that branches out, even tho those 5 are all the same shit just with a different faction. The hoover dam battle is pretty much what npcs do you want to not shoot you? The Mr. House ending is almost the same as you taking over depending on your karma, not that it matters considering it's just flavor text than an actual effect on the world.
>>
>>379500337
>which should absolutely have just been merged into Beyond The Beef, but they just had to pad shit out
They each have two completely different premises. "Find my son who has been kidnapped/help me deal with this guy I kidnapped" shouldn't be tacked onto some revenge quest. Attaching them would have unnecessarily bloated the quest.
>I have to scroll for like 20 seconds to get to stimpacks out of the aid items menu
Use hotkeys.
>>
>>379499925
>STOP MAKING FUN OF MY GAME YOU JUST LIKE YOUR GAME MORE
I never said either made sense, stop being autistic and having knee jerk reactions to people you don't like
And what if you kill every supermutant on the surrounding area, then what?
>>
File: The_Devils_Gullet.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The_Devils_Gullet.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
What goes on here?
>>
>>379500505
>legion ears and NCR tags are absolutely repeatable
They're not quests dumdum. It's literally something you're told you can do but is not marked down or noted anywhere on your pipboy.
>>
>>379500604
>"Find my son who has been kidnapped/help me deal with this guy I kidnapped" shouldn't be tacked onto some revenge quest.
what? pheeble will is entirely "wheres my son" and beyond the beef is "what do i do with this guy's son" -- it's the same son

they should have been amalgamated but with a few "dummy" entries in the quest so you can start it by talking to either mortimer or whats-his-face and then it just continues on naturally once you get to knowing where the kid is and the intent for him (which is pretty damn quick)

>>379500719
supposedly theres a unique weapon in there or something but I think it clipped out of bounds or something on every run I've done

it's just a fucking hole in the ground, sometimes dogs spawn around it, thats it
>>
>>379500168
>does literally nothing else to/for you.

beyond the beef resolves a central conflict on the strip which is important to two of the four routes (Independent and House) and utterly irrelevant to the other 2.
>>
>>379499212
That's literally the opposite of true you spastic mongoloid. Fallout 3 enemies are bullet sponges and take hundreds of hits, most enemies in NV die in under two shots.
>>
>>379500902
>moving goalposts
>what are unmarked quests
>>
>>379500936
No, Pheeble is "This guy stole my farm, help me get revenge." You have the option to complete the quest without even interacting with the rich guy's kid.
>>
File: bos.png (18KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
bos.png
18KB, 300x310px
I've been playing Tale of Two Wastelands on and off for a few months. When you can flip between DC and Vegas at the drop of a hat, you really notice the difference in dialogue quantity, quality and general character depth, especially for the main cast when you get to NV. Even if it's only a couple of extra lines compared to what you get with Bethesda's writing, it feels like there's slightly more of a point to talk to each NPC.

I don't dislike FO3. I think it's got some really interesting things environmentally and historical elements in it are pretty neat, but it kind of feels like you're interacting with a vast but shallow puddle whereas NV is more like a pond - smaller but generally deeper in the middle.
>>
>>379501072
>No, Pheeble is "This guy stole my farm, help me get revenge."
oh that one

that one is fucking stupid and completely forgettable. hence why i forgot it. nothing would be lost if that quest were simply not in the game.

more is not always better
>>
File: 1493384712131.jpg (16KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1493384712131.jpg
16KB, 500x322px
>>379501069
>Hur it's a repeatable quest
>No their not
>REEEE MOVING GOAL POSTS REEEEE
>>
>>379500345
>>mechanics that add roleplaying aren't needed in a roleplaying game
They are important, that's why megaton is good and the white gloves suck.
You cross bruke and disarm the bomb you get hit squads, acceptance by the community, and a new home.
Blow the town and you lose one of the biggest towns in the capital wastes, lose the traders, the quests, did a bad deed and gain a home and entry to tenpenny tower.
Regardless how you deal with the ultra lux, nothing changes outside the casino, and very little changes inside. "joining" them has 0 impact on the game, and really needed to be expanded on.
>>
>>379501174
lmao what its literally the opposite, all of NV is LEBEARBULLBEARLEBULLELBEARBULL garbage but an absolute fuckton of it; F3 has maybe twelve named characters with more to say than "hello" but they include vampire wannabes and cola paraphernalia collectors and replicants and other weirdness

the game world is also much smaller but way more detailed than NV's vast but mostly empty desert
>>
>>379501174
Fallout 3 comes off like a post apoc theme park.
New Vegas actually feels like you're in an actual place with real people.
>>
>>379500546
In 4 you just join one of uninteresting factions and kill everyone else. Except minutemens because nobody cares about them.
Both game's endings sucks, but others quests in NV is the reason why it's replayable.
>>
>>379501249
>It's not repeatable!
>It is!
>Well then i-it's not what passes as a quest in my headcanon! Not moving goalposts at all!
dumb frogshitter
>>
File: novac.jpg (399KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
novac.jpg
399KB, 1920x1200px
>>379501398
>New Vegas isnt literally a theme park world

it even has cosplayers dressed up in football padding, and NCR rangers and above look like their armor is made out of plastic and foam rubber modeled after an anime

also all the one-wheeled meme robots running around with GIS I'm Feeling Lucky clip art for faces, and a couple of L I T E R A L theme parks like the science centre and all of new vegas proper
>>
>>379501398
Yeah an actual boring desert.
>>
>>379501376
I think maybe 260 of the 315 unique locations are just road shacks with ammo and misc items. God New Vegas is fucking terrible.
>>
>>379501376
>all of NV is LEBEARBULLBEARLEBULLELBEARBULL garbage but an absolute fuckton of it

The game is about a war between factions. That the NPCs have their own opinions about the central conflict of the game helps the world feel more interconnected.
>>379501376
>F3 has maybe twelve named characters with more to say than "hello" but they include vampire wannabes and cola paraphernalia collectors and replicants and other weirdness

none of those people are related to anything else in the game

the vampire man, for example, doesn't have any relation to any other prominent groups or organizations, he doesn't have any in-universe function beyond his quest. He exists only in the context of underground vampire man who needs a quest done for him, entirely disconnected from the rest of the game.

But you get to walk around the washington monument so i guess that makes FO3 worth a shit to you guys, lol
>>
File: 1494412167266.jpg (236KB, 691x625px) Image search: [Google]
1494412167266.jpg
236KB, 691x625px
>>379501491
>Literally state that collecting dog tags is a quest
>Point out it's not, as it isn't, which is clear to anyone that's actually played the fucking game
Retarded Bethdrone.
>>
>>379501376
>the game world is also much smaller but way more detailed than NV's vast but mostly empty desert
Literally the entire North Western portion of the map has nothing in it other than mutants, raiders and slavers. Nothing there but targets and burned trees and building. The Mojave isn't perfect but it is still leagues ahead of the Capital Wasteland.
>>
>>379501659
>That the NPCs have their own opinions about the central conflict of the game helps the world feel more interconnected.
no it makes the game shallow and one-note. even in a warzone (which NV is not, no open combat is happening) no one seems to have any other concerns about literally anything, except for the couple of LITERAL THEME PARK locations where theyre trying to develop space programs or running gimmick casinos

>none of those people are related to anything else in the game
neither are the people in NV, at least in F3 the radio chatter changes to reflect what quests you've done or not

>>379501746
it is a quest, the only difference between it and other quests is that it doesn't show in your pip-boy

the backend for it is still a quest and uses the same structure and systems as quests
>>
>>379491140
I fucking love Ana Foxxx
>>
>>379501639
It's like I'm really dying of exhaustion. They get points for accurately depicting the abject misery of wandering miles across empty sand, but it doesn't make for a fun video game.
>>
>>379500686
>Makes about much sense as those leigonaries and ncr soilders watching me doing something to lower my reputation with them
That's what I am referring to.
Reinforcements showing up for super mutants isn't that's hard for me to buy, they like to fight and kill so they would seek out trouble ad making some noise would draw them out. Fallout 4 still is rather lazy with its quests and overall the weakest in the series imo.
But that doesn't mean I'm gonna jerk off new vegas or forgive it for doing something equally lazy and stupid. Look at the chain of comments and you see that's what I'm insulting, the NV factions omnipotence
>>
>>379501826
the mojave is 90% empty shacks and caves

in F3, in general, if there's a marker showing that there's a location somewhere, that location probably has something of note in it. the edges of the map don't have anything because there was no graceful way to cordon off the edges of the map, what with DC not having giant sprawling mountain ranges or convenient lakes/rivers to divide the map sensibly. the game also doesn't encourage you to go out that far, preferring to deal mostly with the urbanized area

also im pretty sure Harold's grove is up in the north west
>>
>>379501746
>claim dog tags are not repetable
>get corrected
>move goalpost to implying it's not a quest simply because it's not marked in a journal
>pretend you're not familiar with a concept of unmarked quests in fallout games to save face
salty pathetc obsidiot
>>
>>379501376

Setting aside memes where they attempted to drive the themes of the DLCs into your head in a generally shorter period of time than you'd get to build things on in the main game, can you really tell me that managing to talk down President Eden by telling him he's pointless in two dialogue checks that were barely fleshed out is any better than talking to Benny once you've tracked him down, for example? I'm not trying to cherry pick, Eden's arguably the secondary antagonist in FO3 and so is Benny. FO3 is more geared to fighting and that's not necessarily a terrible thing, but NV is more interested in exposition.

There's weird NPCs in both games. Little Lamplight, Tenpenny and his buddies, Abraham Washington and his wrong historical info etc. But there's guys like Jason Bright and his balding non-ghoul pal, James Garrett and his fuckbot fetish, Inculta's calculated cruelty, yadda yadda.
>>
>>379500902
>if it's not marked, then its not a quest
>fetch quests aren't fetch quests if it tries to pretend not to be a fetch quest
>>
>>379490992
A lot of fans of the first two Fallouts see it as better because Bethesda did a lot of awful shit involving the lore of Fallout 3. Things such as retconing a bunch of important information/lore and filing cease and desists on any site hosting the original "Fallout Bible", saying they'd only stop if they hosted the shitty version that they haphazardly wrote to have 3 make sense.

A lot of people see NV as an apology and the true sequel to 1 and 2 because it actually uses the original Fallout Bible's lore.
>>
>>379501398
You're completely wrong
New vegas stip being that small with like what, 10 people in it makes it feel dead and fake
So is the rest of Mojave
>>
>>379502039
Hey, what do you know, real-life Mojave is a fucking desert that's not filled with fun entertaiments for you.
>>
File: totallyaquestbro.png (39KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
totallyaquestbro.png
39KB, 1366x768px
>>379501849
By that definition literally everything the game does is a quest you nigger.
It's not a quest because you're not told by someone >do this for me and you aren't given any notes or quest objectives to do so.
Now fuck off you're just embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>379502039
What do you considering "something of note?" Do you mean loot?
>>
>>379501649
THIS
Fuck these people talking about location count, most of those are literal fucking shacks in the middle of nowhere
Empty too
That really pissed me off
>>
>>379501849
>even in a warzone (which NV is not, no open combat is happening) no one seems to have any other concerns about literally anything

there are shitloads of npcs that complain about starving to death, raider attacks, etc, which are believable concerns that affects their lives every day.

Those issues are addressed in different ways depending on the resolution of the game's central conflict.

you're saying that the post apocalyptic world being shit is "one note". sorry, but the post apocalypse is a fucking awful place to live and the NPCs don't all have convenient methods to sustain themselves like in FO3.

>neither are the people in NV

The people in New Vegas present their situations and the game presents the consequences of your actions very clearly throughout the game. You know what will happen when the NCR or the Legion takes over and how it will affect that NPC's life, because of how thoroughly the two routes are explored on both a micro and macro governmental level.

>at least in F3 the radio chatter changes to reflect what quests you've done or not

the fact that you only seem to acknowledge the consequences of the player's actions when thank you messages are broadcast directly to the player makes me unironically think you are stupid.
>>
>>379501174
>NV writing team
Lets add moronic dialogue options mixed in with witty articulate speech cheches because we can't even write something that doesn't get voiced for the sake of consistency and good storytelling. Black widow and all its variants don't have any influence on how you talk and act outside a check for it.
Aside from that very few characters in either game are actually interesting. VA work was better in NV tho imo.
>>
>>379502152
>setting aside memes
>U KILL EDEN IN 1 SPEECH CHECKE!!!!!
wow setting aside memes didnt last too long huh

It's a skill check, and it's not like you couldn't do the same thing to the FINAL FUCKING BOSSES of Fallout 1 and 2, and Eden is not really that powerful an antagonist. It's made very clear that Autumn is the one the Enclave is actually listening to, and Autumn is only reporting to Eden because chain of command (and even then he doesn't like it, because Eden is exactly as stupid to the other characters in the game as he seems to be to players like you.)

Seriously, that's something NV fanboys/F3 meme hate seems to miss; usually these stupid things in the game are also regarded as stupid in-universe too, like the superhero quest.

I'll admit that Benny is one of the stronger points in NV, but like everything else in that shitty game, they throw away what little good stuff they got in favor of BEARBULLBEARBULLBEARBULL as soon as it gets interesting.

>Vulpes Inculta
>interesting
he's a furfaggot with a torture fetish, there's literally nothing else to his character. The only cool, funny, interesting, or weird thing about him is his choice in hats. Otherwise, he's just another Legion spook out to do violence for literally no good reason, except this particular Legion spook talks like a tranny and wears a dog on his(?) head.

And shit like Garrett wanting to fuck robots doesn't matter at all, and Little Lamplight is totally ignorable since it's just a bunch of salvagers doing salvage in a place with a puke filter instead of a piss filter. The closest it gets to interesting is Bright, because he actually has some stuff to do related to the thing that makes him interesting. Garrett wanting to fuck a robot is cute, but unimportant to the game.

>>379502271
>By that definition literally everything the game does is a quest you nigger.
nope, scripts do not require quests to run
>>
>Start New Vegas after playing Fallout 3
>Right off the bat, almost no new character face options, can't zoom out as far as in Fallout 3, jumping is fucked up, invisible walls everywhere
>Country music has less mass appeal than Swing music, the male queen with throat cancer rattling off on the radio is boring as fuck
>Going right from the start level is boring, going left from the start is boring
>Melee overpowered as shit
>Enemies so weak even on hardest difficulty level that your build becomes pointless, you'll always win no matter what
>Infinite ammo and caps from the Gun Runners
>Every faggot has ten million caps on them when they die, fifty sticks of dynamite, twenty sunset beverages, sixty thousand rounds of ammunition, three guns, a knife, and their armor, game becomes impossible to be poor or do badly in
>Boring fucking desert

It's such a miserable experience, and I want to love it so bad. I've spent countless hours struggling to enjoy this game because it's so similar to the last one. It's awful. If I had never played video games before I would be amazed at the size of the world and wouldn't care about the details, it would probably be my favorite game.
>>
>>379502271
>my definition of thing is only possible and correct one
delusional obsidiot in charge of schooling himself on a subject of unmarked quests
>>
>>379502252
Real-life Mojave also wasn't bombed by nukes
>>
>>379502893
>>Every faggot has ten million caps on them when they die, fifty sticks of dynamite, twenty sunset beverages, sixty thousand rounds of ammunition, three guns, a knife, and their armor, game becomes impossible to be poor or do badly in

why do you refuse to play hardcore if you think that carrying too much shit makes the game worse
>>
>>379502893
except 3 and 4 did all of those things 100% shittier
>>
>>379498020
I agree with the enclave because they are the only ones moving things forward

>puts modified FEV in purifier to kill subhuman trash ghouls and mutards who are all hostile on sight
>lose 1k karma, go from very good to neutral
>meanwhile brotherhood sit in pentagon jacking off to tech
>:thinking:

But Caesar rofl. Maybe he's the best ending available but he has no chance of saving the wasteland if he's gonna die to a lump in his head
>>
>>379502152
But it's okay when new vegas has you do a skill check to deal with legious or whatever?
>>
>>379503016
I literally only play hardcore. That's another great point, thirst is useless. When the fuck will you ever run out of water? You have to purposely drink all your water in order to run out because the game hands you so much. Even then you have rivers and running water.
>>
>>379502748
>You can roleplay as seductive chick and it's bad
Wow okay
>>
>>379503217
do you not use jsawyer? it gives ammo weight and makes resources more demanding. makes hardcore mode actually worth a shit
>>
>>379502252
Probably a bad idea to set a game there then.
>>
>>379503358
I didn't use any mods, no
>>
>>379501659
>the vampire man, for example, doesn't have any relation to any other prominent groups or organizations
The quest you get to find him comes from lucy in megaton, leads you to a smaller community on a bridge to uncover the boy and find out what happened to lucy's family in arefu
Just because they aren't the size of the ncr doesn't make them irrelevant. It has influences on 3 settlements.
it has impacts, and results in too much to post on this
>>
>>379503358
>sawyer spends his valuable unpaid freetime to fix flaws in his game and rebalance it to match his original vision

>todd makes 50 billion 10 dollar minecraft DLCs for you to purchase :^)
>>
>>379502748

If you don't like the humour that's fine. It's never going to be something that appeals to everyone, and it's why a lot of people like Fallout but not Fallout 2. I'd love to see Black Widow/Lady Killer etc add more depth to all of your dialogue choices, but the reality is that so much shit was cut from NV to begin with that it would never happen. Probably partly because of VA fees, partly because of general resource allocation.

>>379502889

Don't misunderstand me mate, I like both NV and 3. The original Fallout is my favourite game. I'm just thinking about what I've noticed in TTW.

Eden was stupid and that's fine. It's a pretty good punchline that the Enclave is following a moron and most of them have no idea at all, but the final confrontation with Autumn is kind of sad too. But the nature of the original 2 games is that you get to have more of a back and forth on why the big bads have done why they've done, and regardless of any love for Bethesda or modern Obsidian, they don't do that in the same level of detail. As for Inculta, I just mentioned weird NPCs that aren't a joke like the lottery guy, which was what you originally said.
>>
>>379502638
>acknowledge the consequences of the player's actions
What are the consequences in NV?

No quests actually change how shit works in the mojave. None change ownership of settlements or outposts, none affect relationships between NPCs when they see eachother, and it's not like your player character grows in any way other than paltry xp bonuses and normal level-ups you could have gotten from grinding Deathclaws.
>>
>>379503482
Ian's decision must be relayed to Evan King back in Arefu. Depending on which choice Ian made, the appropriate parties will react with enthusiasm or disappointment. Reporting the news of Ian's decision to King will result in a sizable amount of good Karma regardless of Ian's ultimate choice. After Ian's decision, the Family and the residents of Arefu are considered to be the same faction even before the deal is made with Vance.

Vance may also be convinced to either not attack or to defend Arefu if he and the family are not already dead. If the player simply asks Vance to stop attacking Arefu, he will agree. Through a successful Speech, Medicine, or Intelligence check, the player can also convince Vance to enter into a deal to use blood packs instead of attacking the residents of Arefu. Regardless of the conversation choice, Vance will award the player with the Shishkebab schematics, after the initial conversation about the deal is over.

If the player brokered a deal between the family and Arefu, they can return to Vance after the deal is relayed to King and ask to be shown the ways of the vampire. The player will then be taught to drink blood and awarded the Hematophage perk which modifies blood packs to heal 20 HP instead of 1 HP.

If the player suggested the Family guard the town in exchange for blood, Alan will be dispatched to Arefu, fulfilling their end of the deal. At that point, you can enter Alan's residence in Arefu (located at the entrance to town, near the Brahmin pen) to find a copy of Pugilism Illustrated on a table in the corner.

After successfully dealing with the problem of Arefu, each of its inhabitants will show their gratitude in the following ways:

Evan King will (only once) give beer, wine, Scotch, vodka, or whiskey to the player.
Ken Ewers will repair stuff (up to 47%) for a price.
Brailee Ewers will give her "old-fashioned chocolate chip cookies"
Karen Schenzy will mark several locations on the player's Pip-Boy."
>>
File: FNV_assault_carbine.png (1MB, 3000x900px) Image search: [Google]
FNV_assault_carbine.png
1MB, 3000x900px
>>379503494
Sawyer also doesn't understand how guns work.
>>
>>379502193

It's more like a vendor where you can buy faction rep than a quest.
>>
File: 1494957737192.jpg (9KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1494957737192.jpg
9KB, 238x192px
>>379502889
I posted a picture of a quest faggot. By your definition that is an actual quest, and not a framework for the game to handle an internal mechanic. The dog tags are the same exact thing. Now fuck off, you know jack shit about what you're talking about.
>>
>>379503642
>trying to use this against sawyer when todd's game is literally nothing but fisher price toys made my 3 year olds
nice job todd
>>
>>379501987
I'm not part of that group so why are whining about it to me
>>379500168
Hitmen get sent after me if I'm being a good guy so what's the difference. I'm losing the poorest people to sell to, forgettable npcs and player housing I switch for an upgrade.
>blowing up megaton has implications
I'll believe it when I see it Todd, when Liam nesson does more than wag his finger at me calling me a bad boy, or The other settlement on the boat reacts to what I did other than some spare dialogue if there is any, or a what the fuck from bos who've made it their mission to protect the wastes, or threedog having more of a reaction than the occasional "that shit aint cool mang" and then praising me for my other actions
>>
>>379503693
uhh im agreeing with you that dog tags are a repeatable unmarked quest, but quests are not the only way the game can handle events "under the hood", because that other anon chimped out about how everything has to be a quest (which is incorrect, as most NVBabby statements are)

>>379503689
it is literally a quest
>>
>>379490992
Plenty of fun ways to handle different quests instead of different sarcastic shades of yes or no I'm going to leave this room while you wait for me to answer yes eventually. So it mostly comes from the fact that it's the modern fallout game that gives you the most options of how to handle situations. It unfortunately falls flat when handling the legion due to time restraints not allowing for more quests to be made for them.
>>
>>379503525
>If you don't like the humour that's fine.
No you don't understand at all. Humor has nothing to do with laziness and shallow dialogue, which is exactly how low intelligence has been dealt with. I love low intel runs in 1 and 2, but NV is terrible at it and pm spits in the player's face for wanting it as more than an easter egg novelty. That's where NV gets unearned credit, where it falls short.
>>
>>379490992
>RPG
This is the keyword of the discussion
fallout 4 is a fucking terrible RPG, however the gunplay is excellent

Where as NV is an amazing RPG because of choices and dialogue options, though not that good gunplay
>>
>>379502893
You sound like jaded cunt. Your last point is objectively false as well. But you should never try to force yourself to like something
>>
>>379503789
>what's the difference.
in one case, you get hitmen sent after you but retain the opportunity to do more quests and have a more central place of business

in the other, you get a nicer place, but lose out on further quests, but for the most part nothing else bad happens to you.

>blowing up megaton has implications
it does, NPCs will comment on it in incidental dialogue, some main quest dialogue will change, and any NPC related to megaton who is not Moira will die. many of those NPCs that can die depending on your decisions offer services, quests, or flavor materials like in-game history lessons, that will be lost out on
>>
>>379503742
>trying to imply a paid dlc with new assets an aesthetic is somehow worse than number crunching done by a literal sjw cuck in his spare time
nise job josh
>>
>>379500936
You have it confused with the devils threat, which spawns one of the best unique weapons in the game and a good set of early/mid game medium armor
>>
>>379503969
>Where as NV is an amazing RPG because of choices and dialogue options,
but none of the options actually do anything different from one another

>>379504056
gay. why does that location even exist then? even as a fast travel marker, its useless since theres actually useful places not far from it
>>
>>379504037
>new assets
>an aesthetic
nice try todd
go back to your shitty minecraft garbage for 10 dollars a piece you kike
>>
>>379503789
>whining about it to me
I wasn't, I'm just stating what I think lol
I get your point the mutant thing is convenant af, but it's not the most ridiculous thing in 4 lol, shit gets even dumber the deeper you go.
>>
>>379491140
Gunplay isn't all there is to gameplay, retarded faggot.
>>
File: 15615161.png (58KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
15615161.png
58KB, 300x300px
>it's "obsidiots don't have arguments and start calling everyone todd out of spite" episode
>>
>>379504138
Why does the park near your house exist?
Why does the mall near the theater exist?
Why does anon post on /v/ when games exist?
>>
>>379503789
>>blowing up megaton has implications
>I'll believe it when I see it Todd,
Dude, he listed the changes right there. That's more then NV did right there
>>
>>379503898

Ah, I thought you were just talking about the general wackiness of comments in ordinary playthroughs such as:
>This crater looks like it's been tag-teamed by giant fuckbots

The low int checks are really disappointing in NV. It's pretty funny that Arcade will follow you out of pity, but there's nothing else in them that really makes it worthwhile. It's a damn shame.
>>
It's not. That's just nostalgiafags and underage teenie boppers who desperately want to fit in with the nostalgiafags. FO4 was an improvement on NV/FO3 in every way except dialogue, which is pretty shitty in pretty must all vidya anyway.
>>
>>379504145
>u todd ;_;

What a pathetic non argument you butthurt baby.
>>
>>379498261
>4 can give you everything it has in one run.
Big Obisidan shill but you're wrong on this one, for a lot of things, but even just for the different factions you can join.
>>
>>379504316
>Why does the park near your house exist?
>Why does the mall near the theater exist?
People built those things and they provide various goods and services. For example, the park near me has ducks that I bother. The mall near the threatre sells many items I and many other humans are interested in purchasing.

Why does that hole in NV exist?

Why does anon post on /v/ when games exist?

my 360's disc drive is completely broken so i cant play the good vidya i have anymore
>>
>>379504375
A moment of silence for old school retard runs in fallout
>>
>>379504404
Dont need to argue a blind cuck who thinks any of that minecraft dlc isn't reused asset rehash tripe. Todd doesn't give a shit about his game unlike Sawyer.
You're just a baiting bethturd.
>>
File: 1493351015403.jpg (46KB, 600x703px) Image search: [Google]
1493351015403.jpg
46KB, 600x703px
If you ever needed evidence of neo-/v/, you got a lot of it in here. It's perfectly okay to not like NV, but thinking that F3 and F4 are good or even better games is something only a braindead mongoloid who loves Skyrim, Halo, Call of Duty, WoW, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Far Cry, Assassins Creed and whatever else some soulless AAA publisher shits into your mouth would say.

Now fuck off back to where you belong.
>>
File: 1495392834663.jpg (90KB, 393x395px) Image search: [Google]
1495392834663.jpg
90KB, 393x395px
>>379504574
>i don't need arguments, I'm here to shitpost!

Awww, thanks for being frank at least.
>>
>>379504650
Sorry I like to have fun anon
>>
>>379504398
This mostly but add that the fallout 3 and NV skill system was better.
>>
>>379504650
It's the 9gag and reddit invasion.
>>
>>379504030
>more central place of business
They have so few caps it's not worth trading with them. Yeah sure I can buy alcohol but I can find that shit anywhere anyplace
The occasional NPC flavor Dialogue isn't that impressive nor impactful on anything and I think you're really starting to reach. Most of quests in megaton, like I've stated before, are barebones, most likely because your given the option to nuke it, and there's maybe 3 interesting characters and one of them lives and forgives you so whatever
>>
>>379504731
>fun
>>
>>379504779
so basically what youre saying is you care neither about roleplaying nor the actual game system

why are you playing video games at all then
>>
>>379504420

i prefer 4 over NV but he's mostly right, there is very little content you are locked out of in terms of factions (just the endings, really). you can freely do sidequests for any faction in the middle (bulk) of the game.
>>
>>379504650

>hah check out these vast empty spaces and psuedointellectual dialog choices. NOW THATS GAMING FOR SUPERIOR GENTLEMEN LIKE ME.

NV is mediocre at best, get over yourself
>>
>people saying New Vegas' RPG aspects aren't that good
What are some RPGs fulfilling your standards then?
>>
File: 1449329644174.png (423KB, 1280x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1449329644174.png
423KB, 1280x1028px
>>379504398
Yes, because clearly
>Yes
>Yes
>Sarcastic Yes
>No (Yes)
Is clearly so much better then the dialogue in previous games.
>>
>>379503230
>>You can roleplay as seductive chick and it's bad
Not what im saying. I'm saying you pick a perk to be flirty, and it has too little impact on dialogue. It should change the way you speak to all/most people, and have different levels of affinity to each npc. Higher charisma should make it easier to charm others, and affinity should affect shop prices, speech checks, and style of npc communication. It would be cool because you could make robots immune to charisma yet actual traders you could convince to lower prices and other characters to do things for you, in a way similar to speech, but not dependant on them. It could also help/hinder your rep gains.
>>
>>379505160

Are you illiterate? I clearly stated the dialogue was a step back.
>>
>>379505062
>i prefer 4 over NV
How the fuck do people like this exist? Are they braindead AAA shitheads or just severely retarded and don't know better?
Fucking mindboggling how anybody this stupid can breathe nevermind browse /v/.
>>
>>379505139
>It's perfectly okay to not like NV

Read again, retard.
>>
File: averagetrumpcuck.jpg (23KB, 434x428px) Image search: [Google]
averagetrumpcuck.jpg
23KB, 434x428px
>>379505239

See >>379504398

and make sure to stay in school, kiddo! also, PROTIP: this board is anonymous so you aren't impressing anyone by desperately trying to fit in here.
>>
>>379501460
>Both game's endings sucks, but others quests in NV is the reason why it's replayable.
Agreed, but NV has 10 ways to do the same thing half the time. The games quest have too little impact.
>>
>>379505236
Ah sheit I didn't even see that.
The only things Fallout 4 actually did better, was graphics. People claim the combat was better, but I honestly noticed no difference.
>>
>>379505379
4's graphics are worse than New Vegas with a few mods and an enb. The gunplay in 4 is also just COD garbage compared to NV which requires some actual aim, knowledge and skill.
>>
>>379500203
And I'd criticize 4 just like I criticize NV for it.
It's not a good defense to point to 4 like "see it's worse" because that a low bar when it comes to good quests.
>>
>>379501174
>Tale of Two Wastelands
Would you recommend this to a first time player of FoNV and Fo3?
>>
File: IMG_0383.jpg (41KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0383.jpg
41KB, 300x240px
>bethesdrones raising the bar when NV blows it out of the water
every time
>>
>download New Vegas because of the faggot threads here
>install
>game crashes every 6 seconds
>disgusting sudden framerate drops everywhere even though i'm playing on a 1070
>5 minute long unskippable intro with a bunch of literally whos before you get shot in the face by Chandler from Friends
>excessively """deep""" character creation with a shit load of dials but it doesn't matter because your character will look like an ugly thumb with hair anyways
>wake up in hospital
>le epic 10 minute long psychological evaluation character creation even though he just lets you change it to what you want at the end anyways
>go outside
>see le quirky cowboy meme robot
>use starting grenade launcher and throwing spears to kill it
>it just goes unconscious instead of dying Skyrim-style
>it gets back up and kills me
>""""freedom""""
>get to the bar
>meet stupid redhaired faggot girl with dog
>she gives me a varmint rifle to shoot bottles with even though you start with like 20 different guns with more damage
>can't even shoot the bottles correctly because the iron sight in this game is fucking retarded and the damage is RNG, have to walk up right in front of them to end the forced tutorial
>go back in bar
>see big intimidating gangster black man with aggressive tone threatening poor little female bartender
>like any sane person would, i shoot him in the face and kill him
>he actually goes down this time instead of going unconscious
>OMG WHY DID YOU DO THAT
>YOU JUST SCREWED THIS ENTIRE TOWN OVER, HIS FRIENDS ARE RIGHT OUTSIDE
>LEAVE. NOW. YOU NEED TO GO. THANKS FOR RUINING OUR LIVES BY TRYING TO PROTECT US
>leave town
>instantly get one shotted and spawn camped by a pack of deathclaws
>uninstall

great game yep
>>
>>379505330
You're so reddit it hurts.
>>
>>379504420
I joined everyone in the first run, saved before the end quests and watched all endings. Side-quests don't have different routes, except maybe one with potion that makes you live longer but you get literally nothing if you don't kill father. I played 4 before NV so i didn't even had anything to compare but i knew that it wasn't a good game as rpg.
>>
>>379505638
8/10, not bad kiddo.
>>
>>379505643

>muh website wars!!!11

thanks for proving my point. seriously, stay in school.
>>
File: 1496889485270.png (53KB, 1300x892px) Image search: [Google]
1496889485270.png
53KB, 1300x892px
>>379505638
>stale pasta
>>
File: enb2017_5_21_19_57_11.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
enb2017_5_21_19_57_11.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>379505470
4 has better graphics, but the shitty TAA blurring everything makes it seem ugly. You also have that godawful texture streaming so you keep encountering extremely blurry textures. The LOD is also beyond terrible.

At least it's the first and only Gamebryo game where lighting actually works.
>>
>>379505470
Then there's this delusional downie.
>>
>>379505638
>It's a retard decides to walk right into deathclaw territory, gets killed, and uninstalls episode
You literally could of taken the road south, taken a left, and then head north to New Vegas instead. But I guess exploring takes a back seat when you see a quest arrow flashing on your screen.
>>
in my opinion, everything after Fallout: Tactics lost it's RPG factor.

FNV has good RPG mechanics, but the game's resources are wasted on having a huge, empty open world.
they should've just made FNV in the 3D isometric style of Tactics, you would've had gold there, without wasting resources.
>>
>>379505845
4chan elitism was what kept niggers like you away.
>>
File: enb2017_6_7_17_44_33.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
enb2017_6_7_17_44_33.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Only good part of FO4 right here
>>
>>379498020
House doesn't care about the wasteland, he cares about what's best for humanity, and in his eyes, that is abandoning the radioactive mess that is the earth and colonizing the galaxy.
>>
>>379506018
>huge, empty open world.

You can't walk 3 minutes into any direction without encountering something to explore or fight.
>>
>>379505549

You'll be going into NV stacked if you've played through 3 and all of its DLCs, which means you kind of throw off the level curve in NV immediately. It's not really a big deal though, so go for it. If you're installing any other mods make sure to check if there's a compatibility patch needed for TTW.
>>
>>379505638
>>5 minute long unskippable intro with a bunch of literally whos before you get shot in the face by Chandler from Friends
hit esc
>gets up kills me
it is peaceful after you kill it
>start with 20 different guns
those are dlc additions, disable them if you dislike them
>omg why did you do that
sorry, not everyone kills without remorse in this world.
>spawn camped by deathclaws
literally how?
Look I think NV is bloated by its fans, but you have probably never played the game.
>>
>>379506049
If you like green filter so much, why don't you wear some green sunglasses buddy.
>>
>>379505845
>reddit spacing
>>
>>379506018
>they should've just made FNV in the 3D isometric style of Tactics
isometric games are trash and essentially have no gameplay
I want to control my character 1:1, not click on shit and cycle through different mouse icons to do things.

the one good thing about nufallout is it being in first person. if it had an item system like Metro 2033 it would be even better.
>>
>>379506158
are you retarded?
>>
>>379506089
Why do people believe House is actually capable of something like space travel? He barely got New Vegas functioning again for christ sakes.
>>
>>379506121
Yeah like a rundown shack or a lizzard or a rundown shack.
>>
>>379504138
It's to thematically introduce the player a set of locations that are called the devil's [insert body part]. Trust me though, there is one semi valuable piece of loot located there needed for a questx you just have to look harder for it because it's hard to find.
>>
>>379506315
So you didn't play the game, got it.
>>
File: .40 keks.png (142KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
.40 keks.png
142KB, 292x257px
>>379505470
>The gunplay in 4 is also just COD garbage compared to NV which requires some actual aim, knowledge and skill.
>>
>>379506382
>generic straw man response
You ain't got shit obsidiot.
>>
>>379506557
The burden of proof is on you, bud. You even admitted that there IS something, you just were wrong on what it is.
>>
>>379506302
>He barely got New Vegas functioning again for christ sakes.
He got New Vegas functioning again, using a small number of Mark I Securitrons, a main computer that was disabled due to a power outage, and he did it in 7 years. At the end of NV, House has all power restored to him, all his Securirons available and upgraded to Mark II, and an insane amount of caps flowing in from the NCR. Give him 50 years and he'll reach Mars, easily.
>>
>>379506491
>>379506557
t. skyrim fans who never played new vegas
>>
File: why fallout 3 is bad.jpg (2MB, 1609x3554px) Image search: [Google]
why fallout 3 is bad.jpg
2MB, 1609x3554px
>>
>>379506121
>You can't walk 3 minutes into any direction without encountering something to explore or fight.
Compare that to fallout 3 where you could find location after location literally 10 paces away from each other. I'd take that over a long stretch of highway with some bugs on each side, and 2 small gang camps, only to lead to a empty town with an angry cripple and some dogs in it. A really lively world you have there. I get its a desert, but no random encounters like FO3 aside from faction assassins and scripted shit sucks ass in a emptier world
>>
File: .50 caliber aspirin.png (148KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
.50 caliber aspirin.png
148KB, 500x333px
>>379506684
t. noguns retard
>>
>>379506672
>Give him 50 years and he'll reach Mars, easily.
especially if you ever do Come Fly with Me. then there are 3 nearly ready to go space ships able to go to the moon, mars, and maybe beyond just sitting there.
>>
>>379506795
>defends fallout 4's COD no-recoil auto aim hitscan unrealistic toy gun gameplay
>calls anyone else a nogun retard
>>
>>379506672
Money and power don't mean jackshit if you can't leave your tiny empire and don't have the necessary knowledge, manpower and materials.
>>
File: uh oh.png (240KB, 754x434px) Image search: [Google]
uh oh.png
240KB, 754x434px
>>379506491
>NV which requires some actual aim, knowledge and skill.
>>
>>379503161

Yeah that's stupid too. The Lanius stuff in general was poor, though from what I remember at least it had a few more skill checks because of the way they'd built the stat checks in NV anyway. Doesn't make it any better, really.
>>
>>379506654
You don't need to prove self evident facts.

Most of NV map is a boring desert and most of marked locations are caves, shacks and natural features.

>http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_locations
>>
File: 1493257962731.jpg (201KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
1493257962731.jpg
201KB, 470x595px
>>379506278
All I'm seeing in that picture is lots and lots of green filter, a shitty UI, and poorly designed terrain. The green filter being the best of the three.
>>
>>379506782
But Fallout 3 is the game with meaningless locations that don't connect to each other. Is this some falseflagging attempt?
>>
>>379507039
>I need my themepark ride mommy where's the next ride mommy!

I bet you think the Gothic games are "empty" too.
>>
>>379506276
so you're not an actual Fallout fan, why even be in this thread?
such AIDS.
>>
File: 1454357223034.jpg (75KB, 512x401px) Image search: [Google]
1454357223034.jpg
75KB, 512x401px
>>379506917
>defends fallout 4's COD no-recoil auto aim hitscan unrealistic toy gun gameplay
No I didn't. Since it seems to have gone over your head I'm deriding you for thinking that NV was significantly better.
>>
>>379506782
>M-Muh theme park adventure!
>>
>>379506934
Money and power will get you the necessary knowledge, manpower, and materials. You're severley underestimating just how much money House will make yearly. If the fucking Bright gang can go to space, House can do it easily.
>>
>>379507202
It objectively, factually is.
>>
Why can't we like whatever game we want
>>
>>379507074
Yeah but the endless raider shacks, holes in the ground or caves or just vast expanse of fucking sand connected to eachother so vell in NV.
>>
>>379507202
This. Plus if you ever look at Fallout 4's game settings in it's version of the GECK, you'll see settings for auto-aiming. The game will literally help you shoot better regardless of any skill levels or perks.
>>
>>379507290
because obsidishills constantly wander into other threads to parrot WHAT DO THEY EAT and other bullshit

ive even seen them ruin Resident Evil threads with their LOL TANKS TODD XD and BEARBULLBEARBULLBEARBULLMUHWAIFUJOSHUA memery
>>
>>379507198
>an actual Fallout fan,
nope, not a 40 year old loser still in love with shit games from 30 years ago.
isomtric is trash and stopped being used for a reason
>>
>>379507074
>But Fallout 3 is the game with meaningless locations that don't connect to each other. Is this some falseflagging attempt?
So how is it any different from 4 and NV?
Meaningless is what way? What gives certain locations more meaning in new vegas then 3?
>>
>>379507174
>>379507229
>buzzwords
That's how you try to excuse lazy and drab world building huh?

Pathetic.
>>
>>379505061
No, you're saying Megaton meaningful choices and it doesn't
>don't you like video games
Where do you think you are
>>
I'm looking to play through New Vegas for the first time on PC after replaying it on my 360 at least five times. I want to mod it but I'm not sure where to start.

I'd like to keep it relatively close to Vanilla NV but with adjustments, primarily:
>General bug fixing/performance enhancements since my understanding is mods exist for both
>Deeper gun customisation options
>A visual update, but not an ENB - just something to let me crank up the texture filtering, AA, etc. plus maybe improve armour and/or gun models at most
>Expanded radio playlists, plus maybe new stations that dip into other popular classic genres like jazz

Though if there's any mods that don't do that sorta stuff that you'd still consider essential then I'm all ears.
>>
File: 1493565260891.gif (1MB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1493565260891.gif
1MB, 280x280px
Are obsidiots a vidya equivalent of bronies?
>>
File: Your opinion.jpg (48KB, 394x406px) Image search: [Google]
Your opinion.jpg
48KB, 394x406px
>>379507265
All of the shooting in all of the Fallouts is shit, where 4 really dropped the ball was the customization and not the gunplay.
>>
>>379507198
>an actual Fallout fan
>is judging this based off the old games that are dead and never going to return to form
FO1 and 2 are up there for best in the series, but friend, if you don't like the new games at all you're not a fallout fan anymore. The series has changed, and by the look of things fallouts becoming just a set piece for a shooter.
>>
>>379507649
JSawyer is a given, start there.
>>
File: 1493386043829.jpg (59KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
1493386043829.jpg
59KB, 675x450px
>>379507716
Are Bethshits the equivalent of retards and children?
>>
>>379507649
Uh, the usual obsidiot circlejerk crypto general is down the street, chum.

Don't bother responding to yourself.
>>
File: jacorin.png (136KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
jacorin.png
136KB, 1366x768px
>>379507767
>ever going to return to form
Jokes on you, I'm making a mod that remakes Fallout 1 in New Vegas.
>>
>>379507229
>theme park adventure!
or
>my empty "immersion" desert
Which sounds more fun/interesting?
>>
this thread actually makes me sad i wish we could all get along :(
>>
>>379507767
Has ironic bait gone too far?
>>
>>379507727
>where 4 really dropped the ball was the customization
Didn't it have the best weapon customisation system of all fallout games?
>>
>>379507320
They actually did most of the time, yeah.
>>
>>379507965
An abandoned casino, or an uncontrollable research lab, or a bombed out city connected by a series of military bases.
>>
File: 1496385708768.jpg (82KB, 500x616px) Image search: [Google]
1496385708768.jpg
82KB, 500x616px
>neo-/v/ defends Fallout 3 and 4 now

I can't fucking breathe, holy shit nuke this entire board already.
>>
>>379508035
I think he meant for character builds not the guns.

But yes.
>>
>>379507936
Thats awesome, how far in development?
>>
>>379508113
>i make baseless confirmation posts on the internet
Well if you count them being on the same boring desert heightmap as connected.
>>
>>379507936
Is there anywhere to keep up with this
>>
>>379507936
That's pretty cool anon. What are you going to call it?
>>
>>379508205
It's just /fog/ butthurt, just move along
>>
>>379507936
>one man totally feasible superproject
I'm afraid jokes will be on you.
>>
>>379508124
are these words supposed to mean anything?
yes the boomer look cool, but having an empty field to extend the amount of required walking doesn't make the game more fun. That's tedious bs just like the infinite quests in fallout 4.
>>
>>379508205
/fog/ are just shitting the thread up, this is what happens when they leave their containment general
>>
>>379508035
Much of what 4 did was great (fixing the combat shotgun for example) but by the time you hit gun nut level 4 you had a bunch of arbitrary limitation on what you could make. IIRC you can't even make an automatic .38 that isn't pipeshit. FO4's firearm mod system as a whole is good but the limitations that are placed on you are entirely arbitrary and it bothers the absolute shit out of me.
>>
>>379508541
>know knowing the size of fallout 1
It really wasn't a massive game. Still hard for 1 person, but possible unlike 2 would be.
>>
>>379508205
>I can't fucking breathe
I hope so, one less fedoratipping obsidiot.
>>
>>379508649
Dammit, meant to delete that last sentence.
>>
>>379508559
The fuck is a "boomer?"
>>
>>379508712
I fucking hated PoE and Tyranny, too bad.
>>
>>379508559
That's what an airbase looks like, sorry there aren't some dank memes every 2 metres.
>>
>>379508745
play NV
>>
>339 posts
>69 IPs
>>
>>379508879
Not really, usually the main buildings are on the road, not ten miles away from the road across the airstrip where planes will be taking off and landing.
>>
>>379508962
DESU I don't even stay in threads. I post and jump to another, only coming back to check for (you)'s or interesting replies.
>>
>>379508691
Empty words my man, you obviously haven't done any actual F3/NV modding if you think that recreating Fallout on a quality level is feasible even with 2 people.

Not unless you're going to reuse 100% of the assets.
>>
File: Superfortress.jpg (11KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
Superfortress.jpg
11KB, 300x230px
>>379508915
I have over 300 hours in it and I've never once seen "the boomer". I saw a B-29 and a bunch of boomers, but not "the boomer." By the way, I was talking about the DLC at first, I have no idea what your even getting at.
>>
>>379508879
But all NV is is dank memes, like le fahny somethingawful ycs/187 and johnny fiveaces XD
>>
>>379508879
>muh sick lore walking
And is the game suddenly worse if said base had its munitions closer, or you moved faster?
If yes then your game is just dogshit. And that's not the case, fuck to make NV bearable I need to up the walk speed in PN so I don't just stop playing due to lack of interest in the world.
>>
>>379509052
90% of assets are already in the vanilla games.
And like the other anon said, Fallout 1 does not have a lot of assets in the first place. There's only like 20 quests, a handfull of misc. items, like 10 creatures..and that's about it.
>>
>>379509234
Hows that AHDH treating you?
>>
>>379509145
>B-29 and a bunch of boomers, but not "the boomer."
you have 300 hrs yet can't recognize i'm talking about boomers
Shit if you knew the game well you could have given me shit like "whats a shotgun got to do with this"
>the irl low intelligence runs lol
>>
>people are actually defending FO3 and 4 ITT

Just fucking kill me
>>
>>379509486
I was poking fun cunt. I have no idea why you replied to me in the first place, I was talking shit about the theme park in 4 and praising the DLC in NV.
>>
>>379509446
>my game can't be boring and content void, you must be autistic shill
Nice points. If you never address the problems with the game you like you'll just keep getting shittier versions.
>>
>>379509278
>90% of assets are already in the vanilla games.
What the dick do you even mean by that?

Do you understand that you have to make it recognizable not just ctrl+v the same two and a half vanilla buildings everywhere. Then there's a question of implementing a world map.

I mean do whatever you want with your spare time but it will end up as another amateurish filler shit on the nexus at best.
>>
>>379492181
>Implying implications.
>>
>>379509553
This guy >>379504650 got it right. It's the age of the normies and redditors now, you'll soon see people being unironically nostalgic about mediocre and bland garbage like Dragon Age or Oblivion.
>>
>>379491131
>>379491140
Nah, lol.
>>
>>379509797
>le mature games for mature gaymurs such as me self!

*tips fedora*

Indeed, good sir.
>>
>>379509927
>if you don't consume trash you are pretentious!

You have to go back, chad.
>>
File: ulysses.jpg (359KB, 900x643px) Image search: [Google]
ulysses.jpg
359KB, 900x643px
Not to interrupt all your shouting match over the internet, but can someone explain what the hell this guy was on about? I just finished playing his DLC this morning and I'm utterly fucking perplexed at how disappointing this edgelord really was in the end. All this build up about the meeting of the couriers at the Divide and I gun this guy down before he can so much as get a grenade off? Pretty pathetic.
>>
>>379509993
>i decide what's trash and what's not because of my perceived intellectual leviathan superiority

*nod respectfully towards you*

We have to go back to RPGcodex, m'lord. It's the only place for sophisticated gaymers such as ourselves in this peasant world!
>>
File: 1494894480514.png (430KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1494894480514.png
430KB, 680x680px
>>379509730
>Hmm need a deathcla - oh wait, they already exist in New Vegas.
>Let's see, I need some jet - oh wait, they already exist in New Vegas
>Let's see - oh wait, 90% of everything I need is already in New Vegas

>World map
If you think that's hard, you have noooo idea what you're even doing. It took me a a few days, and two of them was spent just downloading the land data from USGS (would have been sooner, but their servers run on 50 year old moldy potatoes).

And I'm never releasing it to anyone, definitely not the Plebus. It's a personal project meant for myself only.
>>
>>379510336
Nothing, it's just garbage writing.
>>
>b-but New Vegas is so fucking empty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvwlt4FqmS0
>>
>>379510449
t. Todd
>>
>>379510348
>lol these guys are passionate and knowledgable about their hobby, what autistic dorks!

You have to go back, really.
>>
>>379510360
>It's a personal project meant for myself only
anon h-how could you...
>>
>>379510795
He's right, uylesses is shit
>>
Is there any hope for another Obsidian Fallout or Fallout 5 being better than 4?
>>
>>379510360
>has no idea how time consuming lod creation from the hightmap is
>same with actually filling said heightmap with objects, paths, triggers etc
>scripting and quests
>lol i'm just gonna copy paste it from vegas xd
>And I'm never releasing it to anyone
So you already gave up. Smart time and face saving decision.
>>
>>379510928
Why would you even want that? Have you seen how fucking bad PoE and Tyranny were?
>>
>>379490992
i don't know op. i can play fallout without a hitch. i try to play new vegas and i quite before i get half way. for me there is too much for it's own good just like fallout 2.
>>
>>379510928
>Obsidian Fallout

Ahahaha, WHO?
>>
>>379510920
That's what I was thinking. I don't get why the hell they were trying to tell me the story of my past through someone else? Shouldn't I know my past?
"Oh, but you were shot in the head," someone might say. Fucking so? The courier retains pretty much every other level of competence. I'm more pissed I wasted money on such a low effort DLC.
>>
>>379510934
>>same with actually filling said heightmap with objects, paths, triggers etc
I already did that shit nigger. Are you even aware of the region generator tool? Fucking nubes manually hand placing every fucking terrain object.
>>scripting and quests
Literally the easiest shit. If you struggle with this then maybe consider the fact that it's something for programmers and people with lots of time, not you.
>>lol i'm just gonna copy paste it from vegas
All of the assets are literally look and act the same from Fallout 1 with small variances. You'd know this if you ever bothered playing Fallout 1 and New Vegas.
>So you already gave up. Smart time and face saving decision
I think you misheard me. I'm not releasing it for people like you.
>>
File: Nvdlc01_eg_playertrapped.jpg (283KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
Nvdlc01_eg_playertrapped.jpg
283KB, 1024x640px
>>379510928

Time to let go.
>>
>>379490992
NV just has better writing, that's about it. The quest design is still not brilliant though. Although to be fair Gamebryo is huge piece of shit therefore the amount and complexity of scripted events (ie most of the scripted events boil down to someone running towards you, initiating time freeze conversation, then they start shooting you (or not if you have the Speech) or alternatively something explodes) is significantly reduced.
>>
>>379511179
>actually making a generator fill the map for you with floating rocks
>literally copy pasting assets from NV even tho first world location has buildings not present in it
>actually being proud of lifting 90% of the assets from NV
>i'm a lowly code monkey, sure i can prognizzle
Sounds like a quality product, good call on keeping it locked in the basement.
>>
>>379510928
Not the 1st one but the second one definitely. Bethes admitted the flaws of the new dialogue in fo4, and old dialogue returns the ways to begin and resolve quests and encounters as well as interact with the world like the ones in fallout 3 and 4. Not sure if fo5 will top NV but it should be at least on par with 3
>>
File: code.png (67KB, 1360x745px) Image search: [Google]
code.png
67KB, 1360x745px
>>379511790
>actually making a generator fill the map for you with floating rocks
Jesus christ just shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you're even talking about. The region generator tool doesn't fucking create floating objects you massive retard.
>i'm a lowly code monkey, sure i can prognizzle
Let's see you code shit in assembly you mongoloid.
>>
>>379511773
>NV just has better writing, that's about it.

It also has far superior gameplay and general design philosophy.
>>
>>379512021
>http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48095/?
There's already a team of modders working on it and they actually seem to care about quality and authenticity not just bashing NV models together.

So your efforts are kinda useless it seems.
>>
>>379490992
It's the best of the 3D Fallout games.
>>
>>379512278
Define how and why, not just shit out your worthless nobody opinion.
>>
>>379490992
>cockstop sperg starts thread pretending to be nice and friendly and asking an honest question
>>379491131
>immediately replies with cheap flamebait to start a flamewar and reassure himself
It's good to know some people use this board as therapy. It's inspiring.
>>
>>379512278
Far superior is exaggeration, it still has that shitty Fallout 3 gameplay underneath the improvements, and it's not going anywhere. They also didn't fix the difficulty options (so the settings are still just bulletsponge, bulletspongier, bulletspongiest)
>>
>>379512568
>butthurt obsidiot thinks he revealed some conspiracy

holy shit you're literal cultists
>>
>>379512512
What's the matter anon? mommy take tendies away?
>>
>>379492685
You really need to fix those fucking typos, they kind of defeat the point you're trying to make.
>>
>>379512842
He's not wrong
>>
>>379512926
He's not right either, just shitposting.
>>
>>379496784
>he isn't smart enough to understand where Caesar is coming from
>>
>>379513197
>>379513281
it doesn't matter if you don't state how.
imo after 2 the writing got bad, and I love the series. NV still has bad writing due to lack luster player responses done to save time and add more "content". less characters, and a smaller more flushed out version of NV would have been better then the content rush they had, I'd take less factions if they did them better then the shit we got. Fallout 3 had the same issues, but NV never fixed them, as a sequel should aim to do.
Like the karma system in FO3, something that shouldn't have just been replaced by factions as an equally shallow system. Even if you think its better, its far from being good.
>>
File: 1495738251581.jpg (27KB, 640x344px) Image search: [Google]
1495738251581.jpg
27KB, 640x344px
>>379497007
HI doggy.
>>
File: fallout4 shit.png (2MB, 2916x2682px) Image search: [Google]
fallout4 shit.png
2MB, 2916x2682px
>all of a sudden people are defending fallout 3 and 4 with juvenile, cherry picked, and paper thin arguments that have already been debunked for years
>what the fuck is going on?
>check the calendar

Oh, I get it.
>>
File: 1451668451465.jpg (101KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
1451668451465.jpg
101KB, 500x307px
>>379514236
>typing all that and then pretending he isn't bothered
>simply lying to look better
>>
>>379514006
He is. A smart person sees the flaws in caesars logic from the start.
>Taming the wasteland
you will never have the guns to do so without support of the people, and enslaving them like legion does doesn't get you support in a large society, it gets you rebellions and resistances.
Rome grew over hundreds of years, and slowly integrated their culture within conquered areas. Caesar is moving to fast, and without a strong leader and that time to integrate it legion will fail
>>
>>379509160
have to take a trait to see the memes though
>>
>>379491140
>fallout for has a lot of customization
>can't make bullets or ammo
Bravo todd
>>
>>379492643
But it is better than 3 and 4
>>
What do you guys think of my courier?
>>
File: 1493606550576.jpg (15KB, 245x204px) Image search: [Google]
1493606550576.jpg
15KB, 245x204px
>>379514689
>>
File: 20170506152442_1.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170506152442_1.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
>>379515995
painfullygeneric/10
>>
>>379493047
Nigger Veronica and Arcade don't shove in your face over how gay they are, you learn it from talking with them
>>
>>379516068
>haha dude i don't care
>still responds
>>
>>379515995
>courier wearing ncr ranger armor pointing powerful unique gun #4073

I mean he exists, that's all I can really say about him.
>>
>>379493047
>>
>>379514236
If your mod is better, release it so everyone can see how right you were.

Please. I want that.
>>
>>379512512
See >>379506769
>>
File: 1493065048222.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493065048222.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>379516375
Only because you keep giving me (you)'s you lovable retard.
>>
>>379516167
What a stupid fucking sentence.

Of course you have to speak to them to hear about it, you literally click tell me more about yourself once on Veronica and she goes ZOMG I'M LEZBO.

Her whole character is token stonk wymen too cool for BoS patriarchy.
>>
File: 1485102623601.jpg (250KB, 924x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485102623601.jpg
250KB, 924x1200px
>>379516664
But you keep giving me (you)'s too wtf.
>>
>>379494695
well, what DO they eat
>>
>>379516616
>gameplay and design philosophy
>i'm just parroting some loaded anti beth pasta about writing
Hell at least you obsidiots are honest people.
>>
>>379517379
>I have no arguments, so I'll just call it pasta
>that'll show'em
>>
File: 1494798013350.png (215KB, 365x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494798013350.png
215KB, 365x300px
>>379516906
>>
>>379517568
but it is pasta you dumb nigger
>>
>>379516772
>Of course you have to speak to them to hear about it, you literally click tell me more about yourself once on Veronica and she goes ZOMG I'M LEZBO.
Confirmed for not playing the game
She never mentions beforehand of being a lesbian before you ask her if she was ever in love, and even then she mentions her love being a "she" instead of just outright saying IM A LESBO DON'T HIT ON ME SILLY COURIER
>>
>>379515995
not only is this the most generic looking Courier ever, you even managed to pick the 2 most overused companions ever.
Oh, and you're using the amber ui
Was this intentional?
>>
>>379517760
>it was written once and gets posted because why rewrite what's already done
>therefore it's pasta and should be disregarded
>>
>>379517568
>concedes that writing is better
>asks how gameplay is significantly better
>obsidiot posts a pasta about writing without even looking
>tries to save face with /pol/ myhms

Obsissydiots everyone.
>>
>>379494176
Your taste in RPGs is shit
>>
>>379492609
This is the kind of shit faggots on here like to point to (story, choice, atmosphere, bla bla), but ive been here long enough to know the real reason people here suck its dick, it is NV's mods. Step into any NV thread and you wont find but 1 or 2 people playing without mods to improve the game. Its really the only way the game has survived so long here beyond its 1 or 2 playthroughs worth.
>>
>>379490992
Fallout 4 is the best because it's optimized. I don't have time for stupid conversations or "plots". I just want to build a base and shoot.
>>
>>379518002
I'm not even that anon, I posted it in reference to their overall design philosophy.
>>
>>379517867
You literally rephrazing what I've just said, dumbass. She says shes a lesbo when asked.
>>
>>379518103
Any gamebryo game needs mods to be playable. NV is no exception, while it's better than the others, it's not perfect.
>>
File: spoiler image.gif (13KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
spoiler image.gif
13KB, 100x100px
>>379517867
>IM A LESBO DON'T HIT ON ME SILLY COURIER
>not playing as Courier (female)
>>
>>379518239
Their design philosophy is getting salty about Betehesda? Because 90% of that pasta is literally that.
>>
>>379518306
No you fucking moron, according to your logic a small word that gives you a hint that she's a lesbian isn't the same as that that being shoved into your face over how lesbian she is. Besides you're implying that the way she was handled is somehow bad when it clealry isn't
>>
>>379518582
*is the same
>>
>>379518150
Same here. I wish F4 didn't even have dialogue. Just gimme a gun and let me go medieval on dem raiders XDDD
Also I wish they had drivable cars, like Ferrari but the 50's style, to be accurate as to when this game is set.
Also I wish you could dual-wield, imagine how badass it would be to just walk into a raider camp and go like "yo whaddup" and then do the matrix slow motion <puts on sunglasses> XDD
But yeah, also need more guns, like maybe the dildo from Saints Row. That would be a nice change of pace from all the guns. Seriously, Bethesda, you made 4 fallout games and we STILL can't use your bare fists or something to fight >_> what if I run out of bullets?? Maybe they should make the pistols have infinite ammo so this doesn't happen
>>
>>379518582
It's not a hint you fucking idiot, when asked about she says it outright without a shade of doubt that she's a lesbiant.

This on top of going over and over how stoopid those BoS cis males are and how she's a strong woman who don't need no patrarchy.

I can't belive obsidiots stooped so low to defend absolutely flat lefty agenda pushing tokens.
>>
File: 1495356237157.png (52KB, 706x669px) Image search: [Google]
1495356237157.png
52KB, 706x669px
>>379518150
>>
>>379518949
except she doesn't want to leave the bos and only does so if you push her to.
>>
>>379518949
>>/pol/

You're just as bad as SJWs, you see persecution and oppression where there is none. I even agree with you when there is shoehorned agenda, but this isn't one of those times. In no way is it even implied that the BoS is failing because it's led by males. It's failing because it's led by an old fuck who's too resistant to change.
>>
>>379518949
>>379518949
>MUH STRONG WYMEN WHO HATES PATRIARCHY
>can't do jackshit to change BoS' ways other than leaving herself from the BoS
strong woman archetype my ass, she can only stay or leave instead of somehow becoming an elder herself
Kys bethesdrone
>>
>>379520093
She's literally hunting an embodiement of CIS patriarchy tho, that's her main motivation to go with you. Another fucking token btw, shitty writing no matter how you spin it.

>>379519840
>You're just as bad as SJWs
You're just like that reaction image, you know which one.
>>
>>379520576
>You're just like that reaction image, you know which one.
I know the one, the strawman that insinuates there can never be a middle ground, and is very conveniently used to dismiss all criticism as attacks from the enemy.

Horseshoe theory keeps getting proven right, time and time again.
>>
File: 1456573573015.jpg (342KB, 864x594px) Image search: [Google]
1456573573015.jpg
342KB, 864x594px
>>379490992
It has the same engine and gameplay issues as Fallout 3, but lacks retardation in the writing. I mean, I know there's a lot of contention over player preference and all, but it's very clear to me that NV has better themes and a more satisfying conclusion.
>>
>>379520576
>b-b-b-but it's gay
I bet you came here during the election cycle you stupid piece of shit
>>
NV feels like shit because of the factions. Caesar legion and the NCR, to name two, they're so fucking shit goddamn. Straight out from the BoS and Tactics drivel.
>>
>>379503217
>Lives in a region of the game world with a large lake (that exists in real life), advanced infrastructure, a dozen well-equipped factions, and 3 functional governments
>Is surprised that water isn't too hard to find
>>
File: 10e.png (133KB, 680x545px) Image search: [Google]
10e.png
133KB, 680x545px
>>379522672
>says the Legion and NCR are shit
>doesn't explain why they are shit
>>
>>379522672
>X is shit, it's like vague reference to Y
why does every thread end this way
>>
>>379503217
There's a lake. Also, NV was saved from nukes by MUH LASERS ON TOP OF A TOWER, so much less radioactivity.
>>
>>379522672
Also this

>NCR is cliched Pax Americana critque

>Legion is outright retarded and badly written, allegedly because they didn't have the time to flesh it out
>>
>>379522915
Because an exchange of ideas is not sustainable in here, and we end up in a race about who screams the most and is more convinced about his ideas.
>>
File: 1387984841651.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1387984841651.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>379523117
>>
>>379523323
That racist gesture that Bart is making triggers me.
>>
>>379501491
In what way is the dog tags quest repeatable? There's a finite amount of them. You can't just keep doing it
>>
>>379524871
>NCR soldiers don't respawn
>>
File: Mercman.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mercman.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
r8 my guy
Thread posts: 452
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.