[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 26

File: waybetterthanpathofexcrement.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
waybetterthanpathofexcrement.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
This game is actually fun as fuck.
>>
No, it isn't.
>>
>>379482636

here's a
>you
>>
0,01 BllizzDollars* has been deposited into your Blizzard wallet**

*Exchanged for $ at the 0,001 ratio
**Can be used only on your Blizzard account
>>
File: 1453605710383.gif (879KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1453605710383.gif
879KB, 245x230px
fun<
>>
File: a98.jpg (36KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
a98.jpg
36KB, 402x402px
>Antiblizzdrones instantly swarming the thread
Everytime
>>
Diablo III is the least rewarding game I've ever played. Here's a list of things Diablo doesn't reward you for
1. Exploration
2. Killing bosses
3. Killing regular enemies
4. Loading up your game
5. Starting Diablo at all
>>
>>379485008
He's right. You only get rewarded for killing treasure goblins and running rifts
>>
>loot based game
>an entire set is handed to you for doing "challenges"
what did they mean by this?
>>
i miss the auction house.
>>
File: 1492897409551.gif (1MB, 352x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492897409551.gif
1MB, 352x200px
>>379482636
>buy the game
>get disappointed on how the game ended at release after all the hype
>play it, get one character to 60
>get fucking bored at the item system and game
>stop playing, friends gift me RoS for my bday after some time
>get some characters to 70, find RoS made the game better, but it's still a boring piece of shit
>stop playing for a long time
>remember I have d3, get it and play one of the first seasons
>realize playing seasons is pointless because there is nothing to do besides gathering muh legendaries and stack numbers before season ends in a fucking month or two
>stop playing
>after a year or so play season 10
>notice that you need a specific item or set bonus that gives you a fuckton of %damage (like manald for sorc) so you can actually kill anything, making the rest of your gear almost worthless
>think to myself "maybe if I have other expectations in mind I'll enjoy the game"
>the game is unbearable and sleep inducing

I really tried to enjoy it and I love arpg games
but this game is just awful
>>
>>379487969
>>notice that you need a specific item or set bonus that gives you a fuckton of %damage (like manald for sorc) so you can actually kill anything

This is exactly the problem with D3

>loot based game
>can only use certain pieces of loot
>if you don't you cant kill anything
Makes gathering loot so much less interesting
>>
File: dvh.jpg (642KB, 625x4933px) Image search: [Google]
dvh.jpg
642KB, 625x4933px
>>379488130
Seriously how did they fuck it up so bad?
>>
>>379482636
Enjoyed it until endgame, then I quit and never went back.
>>
>>379488372
Am i supposed to be able to read that?
>>
>>379488372
I guess I could agree to most things in this image but at the same time there was no point in having any other armor than eni/coh. there was no point in not having a spirit monarch/paladin shield. The meta to reach very very late game in d2 is just as bland as D3's gear system. But instead of the dps being dependent on mainly your weapon and armor +dex/str/int then the damage was based on +x to all skills... And of course the horrible HR farming. Fuck that.
>>
>>379489504
You gotta click on it first so it enlarges.
>>
Playing every class feels the same because they are all the same.
>>
I am thinking of getting this to play with my gf. Should I? Is it worth it?
>>
>>379490508
Get Torchlight 2, Starbound, Stardew Valley, Minecraft. Chicks really dig those games.
>>
Only enjoyment I found was from HC and that is fucking horrible to play since rubberbanding and shit netcode
>>
How can anyone enjoy a game where you can't I mean LITERALLY can't lose?

Unless you're playing on a turbo autist hardcore mode.
>>
The console version is really great.
>>
holy shit i've never seen such a bunch of faggots, you're not suppose to play this game seriously, this is the most brainless "unwind and listen to music while brainlessly flying through groups of levels" game ever and you faggots treat it like its some serious investment game, loosen up you cunts
>>
>>379482636
For a few hours then you realize how simply and shallow it is
>>
>>379495364
>he eats shit when he doesn't have to
The only faggot here is you you brain dead cunt
>>
I thought it was boring. There's no challenge.
>>
This OP is actually pleb as fuck.
>>
>>379482636
>fun as fuck.
for 12 year old retards like you maybe
>>
>>379495861
learn to read cock sucker
>>
>>379495973
Eventually there is a challenge but it's from elite mobs that *teleport behind you* quite literally.
>>
>>379485204
>running rifts
the only reward for running a level X rift is to be able to run a level X+1 rift and outside of a few achievements points that's it.
>>
>>379484032
I love Diablo but read
>>379488372
>>
>>379485008
>1
More monsters.
>2
Loot.
>3
Loot.
>4
Continued fun.
>5
Fun.
>>
>>379482636
When I tried it, it just made me want to play diablo 2
>>
>>379482636

It's great for about a month or so. After that, it gets less fun to pick up and play again.
>>
>make a new character for all classes
>casually going through act 1 with all the characters one by one
>four of the characters end up finishing it in exactly the same amount of time
like how the fuck is that even possible
>>
>>379496119
the only challenge imo is surviving goat shamans with horde + sentinel that can insta-kill you by all spawning a sentinel under you at the same frame and are hard hard to kill
>>
It's pretty mindless, but I do like Kania's Cube, do other games have that mechanic? More specifically the first option where you can extract powers and have up to 3 at any time.
>>
>>379496535
>killing enemies
>loot
>in rift
>>
the difficulty system is retarded
there's two alternatives to it, the diablo style new game +, and the regular style where you choose a difficulty from easy to death incarnate, both encourage players playing through the game and watching it become more and more difficult as you progress

in diablo 3 it's built so that blizzard doesn't have to balance the players progression against the game difficulty, if mobs are too weak or too strong you just change the difficulty setting to fit to your level, it's different from normal games where good players can beat the game at any difficulty, here you will get one-shot by fallen autoattacks if you set the difficulty too high

also the visuals are incredibly washed out, there's barely anything making mobs stand out against the terrain which is why it looks like such a clusterfuck
maybe diablo 4 will be better, or at least look good
>>
>>379498640
the graphics are fortunately easy to fix with a simple post processing injector
>>
Used to play it at my mates house on the ps3. We would play for a few hours, drink whiskey, talk shit. It was good times. Tried to play it in my own and got bored.
>>
>>379498640
>if mobs are too strong
When does this ever happen? The hardest difficulty available when you start the game is still braindead easy.
When are mobs ever too strong?
>>
>>379498980
when you set the difficulty higher than you should
>>
>>379482636
I tried to play it by myself. I assume it's no different than trying to play borderlands alone, not very fun.
>>
>>379498852
Example?
>>
Too bad it just descends into pure min-maxing and grinding for ancient armor pieces.
>>
>>379499317
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/48370/full/
>>
I just wish the game had proper randomization to the zones but no, they had to use that retarded fixed zones with couple of small random event spawns idea. In D2 I actually had to explore the zones to find the way forward but in D3 after playing through the game once I almost always know exactly where to go and there's nothing random or interesting to the zones. This makes a loot-based game where you're supposed to repeatedly play through the game become extremely repetitive and boring so fast.
>>
>>379499629
I don't see any actual contrast changes, just some color correction and a grain filter, it looks better, but doesn't look more effective

and sure, it might be easy to change the contrast on the entire picture, but the problem is with the individual elements like the monsters which is much harder to change, and now we're not even talking about the insane fucking clutter going on with the UI at all times
>>
>>379499932
there is no grain filter
>>
>>379500501
my bad, it's a sharpen filter, but those produce grain
>>
>>379499410
>diablo descends into min-maxing and grinding
no fucking shit?
>>
>>379482636
Hey! Make sure to check out the new Path of Exileâ„¢ Expansion, The Fall of Oriathâ„¢ out now in closed beta!
>>
>>379501561
for linear stat increases and "x ability does a gorillion% more damage" set bonuses and affixes
>>
>>379503097
that's what you do in these games in the end, grind for better stat rolls
>>
>>379503097
>"x ability does a gorillion% more damage" set bonuses and affixes
this is so fucking cheap lmao
>Here anon, play our game, you can do any build you want!
>btw if you make 90% of your gear these exact items and use this specific ability you will deal literally ONE HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE TIMES MORE DAMAGE
blizzard "freedom"
>>
>hold a button
>sometimes press other buttons
>do it over and over so that you can see numbers go up

So why should I play this instead of Cookie Clicker?
>>
>>379501561
there's no mi maxing in diablo3, there's not min, or choices to make, you max everything that isn't automatically maxed for you.
>>
Eh it's alright actually. I enjoy doing a playthrough or two during a new season. Adventure mode means I don't have to put up with the retard story.
>>
>>379485008
The exact same criticism can be said about any of these games, including Lord of Destruction. Diablo 1 is even more boring lol..
>>
>>379489504
No, you're supposed to go back to Plebbit if you are too stupid to even open an image.
>>
File: 1332097249658.jpg (22KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1332097249658.jpg
22KB, 333x333px
I really dislike the game, probably because I got scammed by preordering it.

Fired it up lately after those years and it was shit.
There is a lot of things wrong with the game but the most important is this:

>The itemization is shit.

I can't say what precisely bugs me about it but it's as a whole unrewarding and shit. Unlike Diablo 2's.
>>
File: 1490487665867.gif (672KB, 250x232px) Image search: [Google]
1490487665867.gif
672KB, 250x232px
Did the ladder reset for d2?
>>
File: 1491805640166.gif (297KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1491805640166.gif
297KB, 240x320px
I've been really wanting to play Diablo 2 recently. I haven't played it in weeellllll over a decade, and I honestly don't remember much of it at all. I can get it for free right now. Any advice for someone who remembers basically nothing about the game but still somehow manages to have fond feelings for it? Is it worth it nowadays for a solo play?

It's a classic in every respect, I'm just curious about opinions on it before I potentially start playing it. Probably gonna end up playing as an Amazon if I do start it.
>>
The one thing that D3 got right was that the combat feels nice and visceral until you get to the endgame damage sponges.

It really is fun for a bit.
>>
File: 1487797780614.png (81KB, 198x205px) Image search: [Google]
1487797780614.png
81KB, 198x205px
I can't play any of these new games without just wanting to do D2 again. PoE and others just don't scratch the itch and the 3D style just looks fucking weird to me. And then there are some buddies who want to do games like PoE and whatever else is out there of that style but I just can't play them.
>>
>>379506865
unless you turn up the difficulty in the beginning to the level of being two-shot by the fat zombies it's far too easy, and when you do everything turns into a giant HP sponge
>>
>>379507029
>>379506865
The only time the combat was ever EVER good in any of these shitty isoloot arpgs was pre-patch vanilla Diablo 3 when you hit "the wall."
Player damage was low but the elite packs weren't damage spoonges, they did good damage to you without gibing you instantly, and mechanics were damaging without being overwhelming, and you actually felt like you were interacting with the game.

The game had a ton of fucking problems then, but the combat and gameplay wasn't one of them (until the patch when it quickly became faceroll/instant gib arpg like D2X).
>>
>>379508175
diablo 4 should be a third person action game desu
>>
>>379488976
This, in every iteration.

also, 40 bucks for the necromancer made me laugh out loud.
>>
>>379506489
I don't feel the same way, finding really good items is always exciting for me.
>>
diablo 2 > torchlight 1/2 > grim dawn > diablo 3 > path of exile
>>
>>379508393
What are you talking about? They haven't announced a price for it.
>>
File: 837.jpg (28KB, 600x696px) Image search: [Google]
837.jpg
28KB, 600x696px
>>379508381
End yourself
>>
>>379508748
he's right though

diablo-like arpgs are stale and tired
they need to have a lot of radical changes to the formula to make things interesting again
>>
>>379482636
I started playing it again last week, having fun. Witch Doctor with pets seems pretty OP.
>>
D2X is pure nostalgia.
Fucking imagine if the length time between a modern game and it's sequel was 12 years and it tried to capture the same audience in the same way?
The genre hit the ceiling of what's possible in a point-and-click arpg with D2X, but if you go back and play it, you'll be bored in a week -- these games are just shallow as fuck in terms of gameplay.
The only reason it was captivating then was because it was fucking almost 20 years ago.
>>
>>379508748
Why not?
>more control over your character
>point of view is also better for visuals
>can do interesting things with platforming and level geometry
you'd barely lose anything in transition too
>>
>>379508903
>fix something by changing it completely
Just because Diablo 3 sucks doesn't mean that ARPGs are dead. Just look at Grim Dawn. Blizzard just needs to stop appealing to retards
>>
>>379509132
grim dawn's terribly boring and is arsey to play
>>
>Clickfest gear treadmill
>fun
>>
>>379509185
You just don't like the genre anymore
>>
>>379509132
but appealing to retards makes the big bucks
>>
>>379509237
yes, but only because it's incredibly stale
it needs to evolve to be interesting again

diablo 4 should just be a faster dark souls with more loot
>>
>>379489547
D2 turned to shit as soon as they added the overpowered rune words. if you add stupid stuff that is miles ahead of anything else, no one will use anything else. To make it worse, they balanced the highest tier end game stuff around having that gear so you're basically roped into using it

>>379488372
most of this graphic is correct aside from the sockets thing. There may be 33 different runes, but you sure as hell aren't socketing 90% of them into anything that you aren't making a word with.
>>
I swear to god, /v/ is the most cancerous contrarian board i've ever seen.
D3 is a good game, especially on PS4.
Everyone who spergs about D2 or makes autistic shit like this >>379488372 is a fat neckbeard who cares for warcraft lore and spent his entire youth in his basement.
>>
>>379508748
>Make D3.
>Make Torchlight 1/2.
>Make PoE.
>Make Titan's Quest.
>Make Sacred 1/2.
>Make a million other shitty Lord of Destruction games.
>Nothing changes in any of them.
>Same shitty aoe faceroll gameplay where you break a couple of skills.
That style of gameplay hit it's limits with Diablo 2.
>>
>>379509381
>pc version will never get controller support
>>
>>379509132
>>fix something by changing it completely
that's the way technology works, we now live out our action hero fantasies by playing just cause instead of contra, the diablo mechanics are based around a 1996 title which was originally supposed to be a turn-based game, there's no actual reason to make it a top-down title
arpgs aren't even dead, just the very specific sub-tradition of diablolikes (which aren't even dead either, actually)
>>379509331
> diablo 4 should just be a faster dark souls with more loot
but also with better skill/class systems, with more monsters, better ranged combat, and maybe not the same checkpoint/regen/level structure as dark souls
>>
>>379509492
>console version gets seasons and becomes the definitive version
Thanks for beta testing!
>>
>>379509371
>Highest tier endgame content.
You mean baal/pindle/meph runs? The runs you can do with a character wearing level some rares and a shako?
Or are you talking about uber Tristram? Where you might need a couple set pieces.
>>
>>379509805
the ubers... did they nerf it or something? i remember last time I tried doing it i could barely beat lilith.
>>
>>379509331
They need to really clamp down on player and enemy powercreep, in order to make it feel like not a boring piece of shit where you faceroll everything at a million miles an hour until you're 2-shot.
Itemization ia a big part of that.
>>
File: How to play nazeebo.jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
How to play nazeebo.jpg
53KB, 640x360px
Who is the best class and why is it the witch doctor?
>>
>>379510061
I did it not too long ago with a character wearing literally a 4-piece ik set and a storm shield, and a rare colossus blade.
>>
>>379509651

PC already got the update and is the focused platform now.

But I gotta hand it to them, the console version was pretty fucking good all things considered.

>>379509381

Yeah, after RoS and all patches it's a really good hack-n-slash. I don't like how they scaled difficulty with a billion scales like Master, Torment and so on but overall it's a fun game to waste time on. I would have preferred the simple Normal - Hard - V. Hard that the earlier games and PoE used.
>>
>>379509371
>OP runewords.
>Sorc and Zon shit on every class by a mile.
>Enigma literally balances the game.
>>
>>379510403
Yeah I hate how the difficulty is handled in D3, especially for just playing the campaign because you pretty much have to change difficulty mid campaign once it gets too easy, or you start at Master and play the first couple of acts in super tedious mode where basic shit mobs take 10 hits to die
>>
>>379482636
Just wait.
>>
>>379485008
>Diablo III is the least rewarding game I've ever played.
All of the games in the genre are.

You do nothing but endlessly click. Cookie Clicker is a better game since you can cut out the bullshit by automating the clicks.
>>
>>379510716

And when the game was first launched you were forced to play through the shitty campaign and its cutscenes. It wasn't until much, much later we got the semi-sandbox mode that we have now and rifts.

Jesus fuck, D3 was a mess at launch. Looking back at it they are virtually two completely different games.
>>
I completely ignored this game when it got released. Got the ultimate evil edition for ps4 when it was on sale, like 2 years ago.
Finished the download, started it up and, god forbid, I had a lot of fun.
>>
>>379510907
Why are you in this thread, anon?
>>
did the auction house ever pan out?

who thought it was a good idea to add that to diablo3?
>>
>>379510923
Go look at some old D3 footage. People on Inferno grinding Goblins and being lucky to get some rares.
>>
File: 1385744613846.jpg (39KB, 283x269px) Image search: [Google]
1385744613846.jpg
39KB, 283x269px
>>379510907
>>
>D3 loot: everything you find is tailor made for you
>PoE loot: everything you find is tailor made for a specific niche build you aren't playing, without trading you will only wear rares

How do all these new games fuck up loot so badly? How did D2 hit the sweet spot so perfectly with mid-range uniques that were almost universally usable as well as the stuff for specific builds?

Getting a unique in D2 was always exciting, but in D3 and PoE it's unsatisfying as hell
>>
>>379511152
The removed that God awful monstrosity when Reaper of Souls came out.
>>
>>379482636
I hated the initial launch but the expansion and season keep me playing. It's fun in bursts but I don't try for top of boards each season.
>>
>>379511553
did they make any money off it? did anyone?
>>
>>379510923
Yeah it's fucking insane how they went from the garbage that was D3 at launch and then put out a dlc that made the game somewhat enjoyable. Still I can't play that shit by myself cuz I get hella bored.
>>
>>379511473
because legendary effects make the builds in d3, not stat sticks
>>
To fix the genre I think they just should make the whole thing more aesthetic.
Grim Dawn is a cool game but christ, animations are ugly and stiff as fuck. We fight literally everytime, give us some cool as fuck fights who are actually enjoyable to watch.
>>
>>379511828
bring back titan quest ragdolls
I want to kill a boss and find their bloody corpse the next zone over
>>
>>379511828
D3 managed to have satisfying combat to be honest
>>
is Median XL a good way to play diablo 2?
>>
>>379509381
you sound like a humongous faggot
>>
>>379482636

Why is the music so bleh? D2 had amazing music, d1 did too but to a lesser extent.

Also the scaling is fucking ridiculous. I thought bl2 had bad scaling but this is just stupid.
>>
>>379511902
I agree, but D3 doesn't allow any real customization.
>>
>>379482636
it died when i couldnt make RL money from it anymore.
>>
>>379512109
What does that mean?
>>
>>379511958
they fired the music guy

if the scaling feels wrong yhou are on the wrong difficult
>>
>>379511937
its a completely different game and its way way harder and cheaper you will die a lot
>>
>>379511902
eh, depends on class
I absolutely loathe wizard archon and phoenix builds but instagibbing entire screens with uli + sss monk always raises my dick a lil
>>
>>379511958
there is ONE good track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxOhYkiIYtw
>>
it's kind of amazing how they managed to make an entire game and then completely invalidate fucking all of it with a new mode
>>
Why we have this blatantly shilling for blizzard titles every day? There's no way anyone will fall to the blizzard meme in 2017
>>
>>379512263
cheap as in theres absolutely no way to defend against what kills you? thats stupid
>>
>>379482636
Said no one
>>
>>379512164

Didn't they fire nearly everyone from d2? I'm surprised I forgot about that.

By the scaling I mean that the numbers are stupidly high.
>>
>>379482636
is there a good demonbuddy crack out there? i dont like rosbot with vm
>>
>>379482636
Does this possibly have anything to do with the path of exile beta starting?

Did you see the Kitava fight and realize that the FIRST act boss out of SIX embarasses your precious diablohips immensely, hence you have to shill?

Did you see someone run races lately, a kind of event blizzard would never even think of, much like the times of old W3 maps where the community totally topped Blizzard at everything within days of release?

Did you read the lore and realize that it makes fun of Blizzard works by design, like how Karui are Warcraft Orcs done properly, obviously shady characters don't betray you, and villians are actually acting like human or divine beings and not on a speed dial to tell you their master plan?

When I just look at Lab and the Atlas I feel so fucking sorry for Diablo players. And this is just surface content. And there is just so much fucking more of it even just in what your babby's first build is going to be able to reach.
>>
>>379506638
Yes, it's a lot of fun
>>
>>379482636
>kill hordes of enemies with o effort: the game
earlier games were much more challenging
>>
>>379510907
>>379510971
Not him, but he's right. It's a build simulator where the game plays itself and you're forever confined to autistic loot grinding.
I'm here to make fun of you faggots that genuinely think you could get more than a few day's entertainment out of LoD nowadays, when it's literally Pong, and that's what the whole genre is:
Diablo 2 (which came out in 2000) was basically groundbreaking, much in a way that Pong was.

Now picture Diablo 3, PoE, Torchlight, etc as essentially fucking Pong 2 and a bunch of clones attempting to emulate Pong's original success 12 years later. They put a coat of paint on it, but essentially it's still fucking Pong -- there's not that much room to grow, it's a simple game. Also, games in general have changed a lot in 12 years, they're better than Diablo 2.
Truth hurts nigga'. This is coming from someone that loved D2.
>>
File: 1309055842111.jpg (17KB, 257x253px) Image search: [Google]
1309055842111.jpg
17KB, 257x253px
>>379482636
>doesn't give any reasons
>>
>>379482636
Game gets me to play at the start of a new season.
Takes me about 5 days until I drop it. At this point, the game is just too linear and it's missing the levelgrind that D2 had, paragonlvls are not nearly as satisfying.
>>
>>379512693
reading that shit made me feel sorry for you lol

christ that's weaponized autism. what did you pay $1000 for a diamond kiwi? fucking freak lol
>>
>>379512879
So? Your trolling aside, I'll ask a genuine question.
Why do you play any videogames then? They're just glorified pongs.
>>
>>379512775
no, d3 is far, far, far more challening than 1 and 2 in which you could just stack life and mana steal and chug potions

d3 has potion cooldowns, you can get instakilled, and you have to run around and use movement skills constnatly and juggle far more skills than you did on average in d2.

you can say anything you want about d3 but the action is much better and MUCH harder to play, half of d2 builds consisted of stnading still and spamming one spell.
>>
>>379512879
this is why it should be a third person action game

going through moors and crypts and butchering hordes of demons and undead would be so much more satisfying when you could block, roll, counter, bash, cleave, leap slam and so on your way through a corridor full of skeletons, instead of just clicking on them until the dice rolled in your favor enough times

like dark souls except dark souls characters are crippled retards in comparison to diablo heroes
>>
>>379512972
I don't even play PoE anymore, I picked it up for the beta though. Wouldn't pay money for this kind of a game.

Races are fun, and want to know where the story goes. They didn't fuck it up yet, and the environmental lore lampshading stuff makes you want to know if you guessed state of affairs right..
>>
>>379512879
I mean I guess this is kind of accurate... at max level with the best gear you just run through the game and stuff melts. Playing the game without rushing and power leveling you will still have to rely on what little room the game gives you for skill. be it leaping/teleporting away from shit that will kill you or using w/e that speed skill was on assassin to click and run away
>>
>>379511473
You do realize there are 2 kinds of unique in poe: 1 is raw stat and the other is build enable unique right?
>>
>>379487969
D2 had that special something that made me wanna farm for days, I don't know why.
D3 is missing that element, which makes it just a tedious skinnerbox that makes me question my life choices everytime I do a rift.
>>
>>379513243
sounds like dragon's dogma if you threw in more trash mobs
>>
>>379488372
This why why PoE is the real D2 sequel. One thing it did 100% right is having good loot and build enabling items that more than one build would want.
>>
File: 7dff8886d9.jpg (199KB, 671x786px) Image search: [Google]
7dff8886d9.jpg
199KB, 671x786px
>nowhere to be found for less than €15
HOW
IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS
>>
>>379513343
you had childhood
>>
2bh family i'm sort of excited for the necromancers.
>>
>>379512879
So all other games are just clone of the first sucessful game of its genre?
>>
>>379482636

Is it, really?
>>
>>379513159
Games can grow from genre stagnation dumdum. And if they don't, there's a million other genres to play. Also, fighting games are basically Pong-tier solved at this point and dead-as-fuck but they're still fun because the gameplay holds up -- this isn't the case for Diablo and it's clones, they have fairly middling gameplay at best.
>>
>>379513356
there's probably like a million third person action rpgs, third person diablo wouldn't have to follow a specific model, the comparison with dark souls was just because everyone knows that shit
>>
Recently came back to the game. Here's how it currently works:

>End game is running rifts, which are proceduraly generated dungeons you run through in 15 minutes or less
>In order to do end game, you have to use sets
>Sets are developer created builds that focus on amplifying a few skills
>Example, Shadow set for DH increases Impale damage 40,000%
>Without these sets you cannot participate in the end game
>This means you ignore 95% of the skills of your class, and only get to use a select few skills the developers decided you should use
>Sets have supporting legendary items that are very obvious and were created specifically to be used with the sets
>This means you cannot even customize what items you use, you can only use the specific items that work with the sets
>There are no rewards outside of the end game rifts, doing anything else gives you a fraction of the rewards

This is defended on the D3 forums. The casual players that play D3 only being able to use the Blizzard approved set builds because it allows them to skip any kind of testing or theorycrafting and just use a build guaranteed to work because the developers made it for them. They don't think about itemization or skill use, they just do exactly what the developers said they need to do to participate in end game. They grind for their structured build and then run rifts mindlessly. Pointing out how terrible this kind of gameplay is throws the community in to a fit of rage.
>>
I'm not going to give you another (you), buddy.
Try being less obvious next time.
>>
>>379505609
>Literally a reddit image
>>
>>379513492
It's easy to call it nostalgia, I personally think that Blizz just put more love and work into their games before they became too big.
>>
>>379513438
Blizz games never deprecate in value aside from WoW.

It's like Nintendo. There's no 2nd hand market.
>>
File: IMG_8705.jpg (61KB, 540x786px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8705.jpg
61KB, 540x786px
>blizzard announces necromancer
>wow that's cool of th-
>it's going to be 29.99
>for a character

Even worse are the blizzard shills that defend them on doing this. If the pack was being charged for say 10 bucks I would still be mad but at the price of an actual expansion when it's just a new hero. This shit is inexcusable.
>>
File: 1488274076831.gif (2MB, 424x530px) Image search: [Google]
1488274076831.gif
2MB, 424x530px
Literally nobody plays at damage sponge difficulty. You get the best exp/loot over time by playing at instant explosion difficulties.

It's not a deep game, it's a game meant to be played while fucking around listening to good music, talking to friends etc.

Braindead game yes, but when I've wagecucked hard I enjoy turning my brain off and having some mindless fun to unwind. They can't all be Dwarf Fortress.
>>
Diablo 3 is so boring

i cant believe they straight out give you a complete set for doing easy stuff
>>
File: Snack fact.png (247KB, 760x572px) Image search: [Google]
Snack fact.png
247KB, 760x572px
>>379513886
>it's going to be 29.99
I'm not a blizzdrone, but do you have a source?

If you do, it's unforgiveable.
If you don't, shut up, fucknugget.
>>
>>379482636
It's okay but I'm still mad about the direction they took with it and things that should've been in the game a long while but aren't
>>
File: d2 jammku ladder.jpg (112KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
d2 jammku ladder.jpg
112KB, 800x600px
The problem with PoE is that it doesn't have forced PvP.

In Diablo 2 I could join a Baal run and commit hostility towards the party, then go hunt them down and murder them for their ears / gold. If it was hardcore they'd be perma-dead.

In PoE and Diablo 3, there is no forced PvP. You either queue for a PvP match or request a duel. It's fucking stupid and there's no point to play unless you're a PvE beta-cuck.
>>
>>379513681
dark souls combat is slow and clunky where good arpg combat needs to be fast and flow well though

you could basically use musou games as a base if you wanted a truly action based arpg especially since 90% of mobs in arpgs are harmless trash just like the musou games
>>
>>379513886
Necromancer is pure blizzard brand bullshit
>>
>>379513741
Well gaming industry as a whole had a lot more passion in it back then because it was rather new and people had to take a lot of risks.
>>
>>379513343
khadala and kanai cube really killed the loot hunt in diablo 3. it's just so easy to get what you need. you get your gear really easily and all you really do is grind paragon points. not entertaining at all.
>>
>>379514060
in early Diablo 2 on top of the hostility you could partner with someone and do some trickery to steal their items
>>
>>379514110
what's your paragon anon?
>>
>>379513610
Then define the gameplay of "diablo" for me then
Because if you think clicking and using random drop you found good is the "gameplay" you are talking about here, D3 is superior compare to D2, and in that aspect D2 is nothing groundbreaking compare to D1
You and a lot people here dont understand the charm of the genre, yet think they have played them enough or have any proper knowledge to hold any proper argument about whole genre, are just delusional
>>
>>379514060
>what is cutthroat
>>
File: IMG_8759.jpg (85KB, 749x387px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8759.jpg
85KB, 749x387px
You will never shill this hard.
>>
>>379514104
It's actually the opposite. Back in the day you didn't need 60-100 people to make a good (AAA) game, some nerds that could code in their mothers garage could do that too.
The industry is too bloated, that is why indie games are performing the way they are, they don't require enormous overhead and 1 guy doing what he loves and believes in > 100 guys who do a 9/5 job as game devs.
>>
File: 1496942323959.jpg (525KB, 1786x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1496942323959.jpg
525KB, 1786x1006px
>>379512693
new acts are full of recycled garbage
races are literally "run through the worst part of the game - again and again and again, to have a chance at winning a shitty cosmetic"
lore - lmao
lab - objectively shit, slow, painfully boring part of the game that is neccessary to do 4. fucking. times. per character.
atlas - ok, atlas is interesting, ill give you that, but even it doesnt come without its share of problems

once and for all, there is no such thing as "d3 players", "poe players". There are "arpg players", and they can play all arpgs equally and prefer one to another. If someone plays d3, it doesn't mean he can't play poe anymore ( poe is f2p anyway, so the other way around would be more likely, if anything )
>>
>>379514519
this armor is giving me some serious terraria vibes
>>
>>379514602
That reminds me of the tanks in terraria too.
>>
>>379514356
HE DOES IT FOR FREE
>>
File: Jammku.jpg (324KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Jammku.jpg
324KB, 2016x1512px
>>379514193
>>379514316
>Replying to tripfags
>Replying to fucking jammku of all tripfags

He's a fucking retard, shit at every game he plays, yet he thinks he's god's gift to gaming and shills his garbage youtube channel wherever he goes.

THIS is the retard you're talking to.
>>
>>379510563
>Enigma balances the game

Confirmed for never having played D2
>>
>>379509381
>Wahh, I'm mad someone doesn't like what I like so they're a neckbeard

Ironically this is something a neckbeard would say
>>
>>379513584
>So all other games are just clone of the first sucessful game of its genre?
In the case of PC hack and slashes, yes.
>>
>>379514889
I didn't even notice the trip. Generally people who boast about D2 pvp are too young to even remember popping which is why I brought it up.
>>
>>379482636
>over a year to release one class as a PAID DLC to a mediocre h&s
>fanboys shit their britches

I lose hope in humanity, bit by bit, day by day.
>>
>>379514519
Did you play the new acts? You can watch playthrough or something.
Races aren't always set on fucking twilight strand. If you did them, you'd know this.
Lore is a legit reason why D3 is so fucking bad. I felt like going through the story and reading that writing made me dumber.
Lab is not same on every difficulty. It's also really, really comfy if you are not in fact an autistic chaos tabber.

I don't know about the arpgs in general though, I liked D1 more than D2, and felt like the skill synergy patch butchered the game and made it much less fun than before, a single skill fest what people claim PoE is, unless the synergizing skills were all skills you were going to use. Hammerdin might just be the stupidest looking character concept ever to be created.
>>
>>379482636
Does anyone else really hate the mouse constant clicking to move your character around? I prefer top down third person games like this with an analog stick like on an arcade or controller.
>>
File: JammkuProGameHistory.png (72KB, 391x2716px) Image search: [Google]
JammkuProGameHistory.png
72KB, 391x2716px
>>379514889
>>
>>379511631
My friend made $700 in a day flipping gems
>>
File: pciel mirror.jpg (65KB, 592x416px) Image search: [Google]
pciel mirror.jpg
65KB, 592x416px
>>379515364
>Street Fighter II north texas finals
>mortal fucking combat
Is this you, DSP?
>>
>>379512109
Are you retarded?
You can literally change the appereance of every part of your gear, including colors
>>
>>379515203
Play the PS4 version then.
>>
>>379514223
Point-and-click action rpg where you scavange loot, trade loot, and plan builds. The gameplay is at first using basic skills to progress throughout the game, but inevitably degenerates into overpowered gear and skills and repeating the same handful of repetitive runs to maximize loot gain.

Even Diablo 1, the most un-Diablo game out of all of these still just degenerates to this, but it least that game was spooky.
>>
File: diablo-2-mummies[1].jpg (303KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
diablo-2-mummies[1].jpg
303KB, 1024x768px
>>379514072
yeah, which is why i called the dark souls character cripples

I haven't played musou games though, but I think some level of balance where the weak melee trash mobs (and diablo games should have dozens of trash mobs each "screen") die like flies to your assault but can get in the occasional dangerous hit that you have to be wary against would be good. I hear musou games trash mobs are basically just pinatas for you to hit and nothing that can legitimately threaten you, and enemies that pose zero threat to you is just depressing.
>>
File: Screenshot (11).png (14KB, 642x280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (11).png
14KB, 642x280px
>>379515169
yes i did
i know there are ledge races, races starting from a certain act, or weeks long races
im saying they all still suck
there are no races with endgame lvl 90 characters, and thats where the game is actually decent. You slogged through all these shit acts and filler content just to get there and finally start playing. Races take it all away and make you slog through everything again and again.

the lore in d3 is shit, but its not much better in poe
again, i don't think people playing these kind of games care about lore at all ( i cared in d1 and d2 )

and on lab, i really really hate traps, im convinced that they don't belong in an isometric click to move game. But with a controller, im pretty sure they would be 10x more fun to navigate. And i'd had nothing against them if they were spread out through the acts, instead of being concentrated in one place in such amounts
>>
>>379515946
musou games are crowds of trash mobs that exist for you to slaughter with the occasional captain/officer level mob that can be somewhat dangerous, and generals who are level boss type deals

the equivalent in diablo 3 would be captains = elites and generals = rift guardians
>>
>>379514519
I never really saw a problem with the lore, I always enjoyed that it's based around a world destroying event that made the entire continent uninhabitable, and that the gems are the only way anyone can really survive in Wraeclast.
>>
File: IMG_8694.gif (2MB, 281x203px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8694.gif
2MB, 281x203px
>>379514356
Holy shit
>>
D3 vanilla was cancer, but I come back for every season.

It's not perfect, but I can't say I didn't get my money's worth at this point.
>>
>>379513259
D-flight.
Yes, there was a small window where skill comes into play, aka when you have no loot or your build. But the game doesn't stay like that for long. Ironically, the one game I found myself consistently focused on defense was in vanilla D3... And there was tons of exhilaration jn carefully avoiding numerous enemy mechanics.
>>
>>379516190
Are the crowds any threat to you at all? What I imagine trash mobs to play like in this hypothetical diablo 4 would be five fallen leaping at you, you kill four of them in a second with cleave or zeal attacks and then the fifth might get in a hit with his club for 10% of your hp unless you are quick enough to also kill him or to block it, and this sort of thing happens every few seconds as ranged mobs throw their projectiles that you have to sidestep or block, though this is only for melee classes, I don't know how ranged classes should play, or different builds, or more advanced abilities for that matter.
>>
>>379513601
No. But Diablo and all of it's clones are. Look at Zelda... They typically change quite a bit what the game is all about.
>>
>>379515203
in Grim Dawn you can just click and hold and you'll move around and attack an enemy if you hover your mouse over them
>>
open at your own risk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnMR6SOBa9k
>>
>>379516907
the basic-ass crowd? not really
that said hyrule warriors had various kinds of the basic level of footsoldiers and some were more of an issue to deal with than others and warranted quick killing rather than trying to ignore them but if they weren't a captain or higher they still died fast
>>
>>379515203
you can just hold and your character will move in the direction your mouse is pointing?
>>
Don't be dumb OP, no one here plays games. We just sit here and overanalyze every inane aspect and pick apart every minor detail so that we can hate every game.
>>
>>379517310
lame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8
>>
>>379517310
>>379518386
they did justice to the track in 3, if only the graphics and overall atmosphere of the game would have done the same
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO8t80CPgeQ
>>
http://androidarts.com/diablo/diablo.htm
Anyone read this? It's neat.
>>
>>379509331
>dark souls
This meme needs to die.
>>
>>379519323
name a more fitting third person action game that fits with rpg elements
>>
>>379515769
Yeah I got the 360 version recently it's extremely cheap, I know the expansion is included in the PS4/xbone versions but I wanna see if I like the first part.

>>379517240
>>379517530
Yeah reminds me of freelancers solution. I dunno to me character is either wasd or left stick and head or selecting is right or mouse. Moving in freelancer was great but moving with a mouse in diablo style games has always felt wrong.

Mouse and keyboard is essential for mmos and strategy to me then everything else can go either way depending on the designers. I prefer racing with a wheel or controller, but all of these in any combo is better then any motion anything. Can't stand motion controls. Just my opinion
>>
>>379519323
agree.
>>
>>379519307
now i want to play a diablo game we never got
>>
>>379515364
>Texas

Explains why you're an inbred retard with fucked up teeth.
>>
>>379522605
Not his guy, but I live in Austin, you gotta remember this area of Texas doesn't follow that rule. You are correct in general for the south though.
>>
IMO the biggest problem with d3 right now is that its been around so long and the updates are adding fewer and fewer new items. It really needs a new full blown expansion or a new game. While the necromancer update seems cool, it would work better as a DLC with 2-3 new classes.
>>
>>379522902
The fewer and fewer updates with new items really hurts the direction they took with balance around legendary skill effects and sets
>>
>>379522809
ayyy nice weather we're having huh

nah weather in austin is fucking dicks right now, winter hurry the fuck up please

Know any good game stores? Just moved here recently and idk what the fuck happens here
>>
>>379523715
Game over videogames, game fellas too and sometimes Apollo games. Yeah I'm a native born here, there's not many of us left.
>>
>>379491568
>>379490508
Torchlight 2 is better than Diablo 3 in sooooooooo many ways. Buy that instead. Make sure you get synergies mod from workshop. Vanilla is OK, but the mod improves end game and loot.
>>
>>379491568
What alternatives are there for good coop on ps4
>>
>>379524954
There's a website all about coop games, google it. It has coop online and local for all systems and all recent games.

Nintendo has great local coop imo and Xbox usually has more coop online. Sony Gandalf has the least coop. Pc has mods for coop that sometimes work. Half life 1 on pc coop mod is fun till the alien world and then it's near unplayable bad with platforms
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.